Updating .nsf lotus notes server file - from access

Hi,

Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server.

    Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset
    Dim session As Object
    Dim notesdb As Object
    Dim notesView As Object
    Dim NotesEntry As Object
    Dim notesdoc As Object
    Dim Item As NotesItem
    Dim doccollection As Object
    Dim datetime As NotesDateTime

    i = 0
    Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
    Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf")
    'Check if open
        If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then
        Else
            notesdb.OPENMAIL
        End If
    Set notesView = notesdb.GetView("All")
    Set notesdoc = notesView.GETFIRSTDOCUMENT
    from = notesdoc.GETFIRSTITEM("From").Text

Is it possible to update new records using MS access or excel?

Please guide

Thanks!
Boss

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 01:22:33 -0700, Boss
<Boss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

What you are showing here is code that uses Automation to talk to an
object and make it do things. You would need to study the capabilities
of that object to find out what all you can do with it. Getting a help
file would be a first step. Perhaps the vendor has what's often called
an SDK (software development kit) with help files and sample code to
show you how to use their software.

You are also showing what's called "Late Binding" by declaring all
these variables "As Object". There is nothing wrong with that but if
you know that all your users will have Notes installed it is better to
use Early Binding (set a Reference to the Notes object) because then
you can write code like:
 Set session = Notes.NotesSession
and you have full intellisense and the Object Browser to help you
explore the object(s).

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Hi,
>
>Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server.
>
>    Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset
>    Dim session As Object
>    Dim notesdb As Object
>    Dim notesView As Object
>    Dim NotesEntry As Object
>    Dim notesdoc As Object
>    Dim Item As NotesItem
>    Dim doccollection As Object
>    Dim datetime As NotesDateTime
>
>    i = 0
>    Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
>    Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf")
>    'Check if open
>        If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then
>        Else
>            notesdb.OPENMAIL
>        End If
>    Set notesView = notesdb.GetView("All")
>    Set notesdoc = notesView.GETFIRSTDOCUMENT
>    from = notesdoc.GETFIRSTITEM("From").Text
>
>Is it possible to update new records using MS access or excel?
>
>Please guide
>
>Thanks!
>Boss
0
Tom
6/4/2010 2:19:20 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply..
Would keep trying trying trying...

Thansk!
Boss

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 01:22:33 -0700, Boss
> <Boss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> What you are showing here is code that uses Automation to talk to an
> object and make it do things. You would need to study the capabilities
> of that object to find out what all you can do with it. Getting a help
> file would be a first step. Perhaps the vendor has what's often called
> an SDK (software development kit) with help files and sample code to
> show you how to use their software.
>
> You are also showing what's called "Late Binding" by declaring all
> these variables "As Object". There is nothing wrong with that but if
> you know that all your users will have Notes installed it is better to
> use Early Binding (set a Reference to the Notes object) because then
> you can write code like:
>  Set session = Notes.NotesSession
> and you have full intellisense and the Object Browser to help you
> explore the object(s).
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server.
> >
> >    Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset
> >    Dim session As Object
> >    Dim notesdb As Object
> >    Dim notesView As Object
> >    Dim NotesEntry As Object
> >    Dim notesdoc As Object
> >    Dim Item As NotesItem
> >    Dim doccollection As Object
> >    Dim datetime As NotesDateTime
> >
> >    i = 0
> >    Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
> >    Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf")
> >    'Check if open
> >        If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then
> >        Else
> >            notesdb.OPENMAIL
> >        End If
> >    Set notesView = notesdb.GetView("All")
> >    Set notesdoc = notesView.GETFIRSTDOCUMENT
> >    from = notesdoc.GETFIRSTITEM("From").Text
> >
> >Is it possible to update new records using MS access or excel?
> >
> >Please guide
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Boss
> .

Update for MS Money 2005?

Filename cannot be accessed
I am using Excel 97 with Windows 98. I am able to open, edit and save Word 97 and PowerPoint 97 documents. However, everytime I try to open ANY Excel 97 document, I receive a message stating, "Filename cannot be accessed. the file may be read only or you may be trying to access a read only location or the server the document is stored on may not be responding." I then have to save it locally and work on it there. However, if I put it back on the network, the same issue exists. Any ideas? Thanks! Lisa One possible cause....... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) fold...

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

Backing Up Money Files
Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, rather than floppy discs? All of them allow it in the sense that they don't prevent or preclude it. None of them allow it in the sense of enabling it by providing their own CD burning engine. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q51 for the FAQs treatment of this incredibly FAQ. "Wade" <wstarl@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:083201c38627$333d0770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, > rather than floppy discs? A good strategy would be to back up to second hard disk,...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

file exist
hi, what is the command to check if file exist ? thanks. Lior Montia wrote: > hi, > > what is the command to check if file exist ? > > thanks. Dir("path to file") It will return the name of the file if it exists and "" if it does not. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com "Lior Montia" <liorm@matrix.co.il> wrote in message news:f053kh$edi$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > hi, > > what is the command to check if file exist ? > > thanks. > > Dir() will...

Migrating CRM 3.0 to a New Server OS.
I’ve purchased a new Server for our CRM 3.0 application and was wondering if there was a procedure to migrate the CRM application to its new server. The OS type (W2k3) is not being changed, just upgrading to a new server platform. -- GT It depends on whether or not you are running SQL on the same server or not. If SQL is on a seperate server, the process is pretty simple. You can install CRM on the new server and use the existing dtabases on the SQL machine. You will need to update any Outlook clients though to point to the new server URL. If SQL is on the same machine, the steps a...

Preferred file group
Our application records transactional events (maybe 300K to 500K rows per day) on a separate file group called HISTORY. I was wondering if there are performance considerations when creating indices on this history table. That is, do I get a performance improvement if the index resides in the default file group or if it resides in my HISTORY file group. Thanks in advance, Gary Hi ary, You can create a seprate file for the indexes, that would help as the index read/writes would be from a seperate file. Sriram www.sqllike.com > Our application records transactional event...

SQL Server Back End: Work Tables DAO or SQL Server?
Let's say we have an MS Access form with a half-dozen subforms. Parent record gets displayed on part of the form and various lists of child records are on the six subforms. Now, for the sake of argument; let's say there's a good reason for the parent and subform's not being hooked directly into the back-end tables and therefore, they will be based on work tables. The question: is it more efficient to make whose work tables #Temp tables in in an SQL Server DB or make them DAO tables in a JET work DB in, say, C:\Temp? My current rationalization favors JET tables in C:/Temp. ...

Getting path from the full path and file name
Hello again, This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the path info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that because I don't want to do it manually. Thanks, "msnews.microsoft.com" <fwr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag = news:uzyJa$q1DHA.1700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... : Hello again, :=20 : This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the = path : info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am : looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that becaus...

latest update too MSCFV2

Do exchange servers store routing paths?
I'm trying to figure out why an exchange server might possibly have delays between two exchange servers. No other e-mail seems to be delayed at either end, just communication between these two servers. Everyone on Server A can send and receive e-mails to eachother and external clients on a timely basis. Everyone one on Server B can send and receive e-mails to eachother and external clients on a timely basis. For some reason there is often a delay that can last 12 hours however when Server A tries to communicate with Server B. All of a sudden a bunch of e-mails between Server...

How to call another file in your xml document.
Greetings. I have an app which calls "text.xml", which is stored on a network share. Each user has different text requirements. what I want is for "text.xml" which is stored on the network, to read a file locally on the user's macine (i.e. c:\localtext\text.txt) and populate it with the local contents and display it. So for each user the content would be customized to his liking. Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how. Thank You Hemang "Hemang Shah" <v-hshah@microsoft.com> wrote: > Please let me know if this is possible and if...

Dynamic Menu update

Global settings size limitation on Exchange Server 2003
I set send and received mails as 1MB max. from global settings on Exchnage 2003 server. Then some users need more over 1MB sized mail. I set user settings of this users to 5MB. But they cannot send or receive any mail over 1MB from outside of organisation. I searched and found that user settings cannot override global settings for internet mails. How can I increase limitations for special users. By the way, I try to ommit 1MB limit for all as temporarily. I changed global settings as "no limit" but still I cannot send or receive any mail over 1MB. How can I solve these problem...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update