I just started playing around with rebuilding a MDB file as an ADP. I built
a form and subform from scratch, but I'm unable to edit or add records.

SELECT Id, LoadDate, TrailerDOTNumber, SealNumber, SealDate, SealId,
LoadLocation, LoadStatus, DispatchStatus, DispatchLocationId, DispatchUserId
FROM TrailerActivityHeaders ORDER BY LoadDate

Recordset Type: Updatable Snapshot

I'm getting the 'This recordset is not updatable'

Ideas?

0
David

Never mind... (Does anyone have a spare bandage btw? I cut my head banging
it on the wall due to my stupidity...)

"David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message
>I just started playing around with rebuilding a MDB file as an ADP. I built
>a form and subform from scratch, but I'm unable to edit or add records.
>
> SELECT Id, LoadDate, TrailerDOTNumber, SealNumber, SealDate, SealId,
> LoadLocation, LoadStatus, DispatchStatus, DispatchLocationId,
> DispatchUserId FROM TrailerActivityHeaders ORDER BY LoadDate
>
> Recordset Type: Updatable Snapshot
>
> I'm getting the 'This recordset is not updatable'
>
> Ideas?

0
David

Can I move down 12 rows in excel for every new entry
I am entering records of numbers which have formulas for calculation. I want to place these records every 12 rows and be able to automate the worksheet for our office personnel. How? HELP!! There can be anywhere from 50 to 150 records depending on how many batches are produced in manufacturing plant. right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this. If not column A (1) then change. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub Target.Offset(12).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mickey&...

How do I record the date of the first record entry.
I have a small database and I want to record, in a table field, the date at which a record is added (but not edited). I want this to be permanent. Should I make the "primary key" this date? Please help, Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:Osijfdy8KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have a small database and I want to record, in a table field, the date > at which a record is added (but not edited). In table design view, add the field to record when the entry was made. In the lower pane of table design, set...

Query most recent records only
I am not having much luck with trying to write a query to find the last (most recent dates) 5 records for ALL names listed in the 'Customers' table. SELECT tblOrders.*, tblCustomers.ID FROM tblOrders RIGHT JOIN tblCustomers ON tblOrders.Name = tblCustomers.Name ORDER BY tblCustomers.ID, tblOrders.Date; Appreciate any help, Kevin -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201003/1 hi Kevin, On 05.03.2010 05:23, KevinE via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I am not having much luck with trying to write a query t...

New funny recruitment video for Microsoft..
http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/18/a-good-microsoft-recruitment-video-mindscape-a-new-viral-ad/ ...

Outlook forms #4
I have a series of related forms. The replies are associated in the actions menu but when they are published to a public folder the reply will not open initially. They are hidden so users cannot open them first to load them. My agency is one of many on the exchange server so I cannot use the organizational library. I thought about sending them to all our users as an .oft file so they can publish them to their personal library but not all users would be able to accomplish this with their technical knowledge. Any ideas on how to make them available to 475 users? ...

How do I print multiple records to one publication page?
I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher. I want 4 different records per page in postcard format. Each time I use the catalog merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page. How can I fix this? You need to have one card on your screen for the merge to work. (Print preview will show the same entry on all four cards, its a bug). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jagodie" <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF2C96BA-6A33-4AF0-9703-A692713A5EA5@micro...

How to add right-click menu in excel.
I have a user who cannot right click on cells. When she right clicks on a cell nothing happens. I have check in MS-Word (thinking that it has something to do wit office) but it works fine. What is the easiest way to get the right-click menu working again. She had this problem once before but cant remember how it was fixed. Thanks for the help -- oioio ----------------------------------------------------------------------- oioioi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2719 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4670...

last row or record
there is no ID in this table. table1: col1 col2 col3 ----- ------ ----- aaa bbb ddd aab jjj fff ccc qqq ppp like to get this output: col1 col2 col3 ----- ------ ----- ccc qqq ppp -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com sorry to buttoning in between... try this... create form using table, and in form on load properties. DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast regards "igg via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > there is no ID in this table. > table1: > col1 col2 col3 > ----- ------ ----- > aa...

What does "Compile error in hidden module:Autoexec New" mean?
I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel programs as well as new ones I am creating. A PDFMaker add-in problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Jim "Karla" <Karla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C336C6-10D3-40BE-8146-C0491DA16804@microsoft.com... |I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel | programs as well as new ones I am creating. ...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

entering date in access records
hello everyone, I have this following problem. I have a access database with thousands of records. The problem now is I want to enter the same date into all those records, how can I do it in one shot? thanks, -- hanamichi Create a new query using the table that needs to be updated. From the query grid, click QUERY in the menu and select UPDATE QUERY In the query grid, select the date field as the field to update as the first colum and in teh UPDATE TO row in the current column set the update value to Now() Since you're updating all records, no criteria is necessary. Clic...

Unable to forward attachments
I'm having problems sending (forward) an attachment with Outlook. I can send an attachment if I send a fresh email but when I forward an email that contains an attachment the recipient doesn't get the attachment. My sent items folder shows the attachment was sent. I'm using WinXP and Office XP. I've tried disabling Norton anti virus but that didn't help. I've searched Google and the Outlook newsgroup and found a lot of people with the same or similar problems but so far I've been unable to find any type of fix. Does anybody have any ideas were to look for more inf...

Transfer form data
In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to Excel. I would prefer not to create an Access report and then use "Publish with MS Word". This method does NOT faithfully reproduce the report. Thanks -- Shell "Shell" wrote: > In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use > something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to > Excel. > > I would prefer not to create an Access report and then us...

unable to open outlook #4
I have microsoft outook 2002. I can no longer open it. It has hour glass icon and freezes. After ending task it asks to start the outlook program in safe mode. That also failed. Where can get help? Please advice. sp See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d201c48fe9$bf767560$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have m...

Unable to move messages
Hi, I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. I know its a limitation of OWA. But any workarounds? On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:38:01 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. >I know its a limitation of OWA. > >But any workarounds? Only using another application such as Outlook (RPC over HTTPS) ...

New domain (child or new forest)?
We have a single active directory domain (internal.com). We need to setup a second domain that will be accessed from the outside for non-employee users (external.com). If we do not want the external.com domain to have any access to the internal.com domain, shouldn't we create a "Domain in a new forest?" Creating a "Child domain in an existing domain tree," or a "Domain tree in an existing forest" will allow a two way trust between the root domain and the child domain correct? Howdie! jktat schrieb: > We have a single active directory dom...

why does excel add 0's to a cell?
when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the number. Is this a bug in excel? How can I fix this problem? Check the number format for the cell. Format it as General. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174D91D7-B8A2-4058-9A80-C47D33D369E6@microsoft.com... > when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the > number. Is this a > bug in excel? How can I fix this problem? Kathryn, If Chip's su...

New shared mailbox not inheriting permissions from the parent store in Exchange System Manager
We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at all - either from its AD parent or from its par...

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition license
Hi We are using SQL Server Express Edition in one ASP .NET web application which will go live and accessed by users situated at different locations. Number of concurrent users and database size of the application is well within the specified limit of SQL Express server. I am concerned about the licensing cost of SQL Server. I understand Express edition is free. Wanted to confirm that use of SQL Server Express edition will be free? Thank you Shailesh Shailesh Yes , it is free and I hope it will "Shailesh" <Shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Error
My HR users are seeing a new error when trying to update one of the fields on the "Position Extra Fields" Screen (located at "Position Setup" Screen -> "Position Extra Fields" Screen) The error is "This employee record has been changed since you opened this window. Changes won't be saved." I can duplicated it also, even when signed in as admin. I tried tracing it but see nothing that helps. A SQL trace shows an attempted insert to HRPOS022 then next a Select to Dynamics..Sy01700 (holds the error messages) Ca...

Deleting Records based on criterion
I know about advanced filters and filtering out records based on a criterion. But if I wanted to use the approach of deleting the records that don't match a criterion, how would I go about this in Excel? I would rather not use a macro for this unless its the only way. Thanks, Bruce After you do your Autofilter (or in-place Advanced Filter) only the rows to be deleted will be visible. Select these rows (you only need to select one column) and do an Edit, Delete Row. Click Ok to the confirming prompt. Only the visible rows will be deleted (Excel is pretty smart<g>) just as y...

Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be found
I'm new to Exchange. I'm setting up a very small exchange system at home (MSDN), in order to learn a little about it before making the decision to move to it in the office or not. My home server is acting as both a PDC and Exchange Server. All appears to be fine, and I can access my exchange account, while my other half can access her exchange account. However, although I've given myself access to my other-half's inbox (sharing, given my user "Publishing Editor" access to her inbox), when I attempt to open her inbox from Outlook, I receive the message "Unable...

Outlook 2003 Forms Problem
Whenever I try to open or design a form, Outlook keeps asking me to open another data file. It appears as if it thinks the default library is in another (older) data file. I have tried clearing the forms cache, renaming frmcache.dat, etc. Nothing works. Can anyone help? Thanks. What is the exact text of the error message?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

Select records with form driven input
I know this one is really dumb, but i can't seem to get the technique to work. Tables: MERIT BADGES containg a list of merit badges, SCOUT_ID containg info on personal, MB_RESOLVER conatins links between a Merit Badge and a Scout ID. So a Scout_ID can counsel many merit badges and a Merit badge can be Counseled by many Scout_ID's. Form: I would like a form that allows a Scout to select a Merit Badge (from a list box) and retrive all Counselors (by Scout ID) that work with that merit badge. Query: I have a query that retrives all records and required information. I ...