I just started playing around with rebuilding a MDB file as an ADP. I built
a form and subform from scratch, but I'm unable to edit or add records.

SELECT Id, LoadDate, TrailerDOTNumber, SealNumber, SealDate, SealId,
LoadLocation, LoadStatus, DispatchStatus, DispatchLocationId, DispatchUserId
FROM TrailerActivityHeaders ORDER BY LoadDate

Recordset Type: Updatable Snapshot

I'm getting the 'This recordset is not updatable'

Ideas?

0
David

Never mind... (Does anyone have a spare bandage btw? I cut my head banging
it on the wall due to my stupidity...)

"David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message
>I just started playing around with rebuilding a MDB file as an ADP. I built
>a form and subform from scratch, but I'm unable to edit or add records.
>
> SELECT Id, LoadDate, TrailerDOTNumber, SealNumber, SealDate, SealId,
> LoadLocation, LoadStatus, DispatchStatus, DispatchLocationId,
> DispatchUserId FROM TrailerActivityHeaders ORDER BY LoadDate
>
> Recordset Type: Updatable Snapshot
>
> I'm getting the 'This recordset is not updatable'
>
> Ideas?

0
David

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this role, you will design and develop application software for a successful global corporation. You will also support and install software applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000. 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major corpora...

Design View vs Form View
In Access 2007, I have a graph in Design View which shows differently in Form View. In other words, the information that is plotted in the graph shows differently in the two views. Why is this? Thank you, Bill Bill, Your probably saying the design data displays an earlier design results, but the form view graph data is correct. The graphs have acted that way for the past Access versions as well. I think the Graphing in Access is borrowed from Excel, and does not update in design view as it should. One way around that, is to run the query behind the graph in des...

Unable to open calendar

filtering for unique records
When using Excel's Advanced Filtering utility to copy unique records to a different location, does one need to specify a criteria range or is the selection "unique records only" self evident? No, you don't need to specify a criteria range. You can extract unique values from the entire list. KG wrote: > When using Excel's Advanced Filtering utility to copy unique records to a > different location, does one need to specify a criteria range or is the > selection "unique records only" self evident? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book Lis...

what method to add function to right click list ?
Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. Outlook provides no way to do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "wong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:04fd01c557a2$5e0d5e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to=20 > right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. > Thank you...

How to set a default value in an Edit control
I am new to VC. I need to set a default value to an Edit control which is read-only. How can I do that in a dialog? I tried my_Edit_Control.SetWindowText("mytest") in it compiles successfully, but it crashed at run-time. Thanks. Tony Tony Hu wrote: >I am new to VC. I need to set a default value to an Edit control which is >read-only. How can I do that in a dialog? I tried >my_Edit_Control.SetWindowText("mytest") in it compiles successfully, but it >crashed at run-time. The read-only property applies only to the user, not the programmer using S...

any kenken puzzle forms available?
any kenken puzzle forms out there? ...

How to restrick a Lookup to only related records
We are in the experimenting stages of CRM and have come across a customization we would like to implement. Many of or accounts have multiple contacts. We can obviously set the primary contact and all is well. The problem that we have is that when we wantt o change the primary contact and click on the look up we see all of the contacts in the system and not just those that have the account as their parent account. We are wondering if there is a way to customize so that when we click on the lookup contact from the account form it will display only those contacts that have the account...

save a new number format for other worksheets
when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how do i save it Jerry Austin Format a field in Personal.xls that uses it? -- HTH Bob Phillips "JerryAustin" <JerryAustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D10DBC4-CE16-4185-A52F-E7305DE1B392@microsoft.com... > when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how > do i save it > Jerry Austin ...

? Rich Edit Formatting Lost When Inserting At Position 0
Hi, I'm using a CRichEditCtrl but am having trouble with the formatting. I use SetSel and ReplaceSel to insert text into the control and if the text is inserted in the middle or at the end of the control's buffer it works just fine but if I insert it at the start (SetSel(0,0)) then it takes on the formatting (both character formatting and paragraph formatting) of the text immediately after it (the text formerly at 0). There is a small note about ReplaceSel in MSDN: "This function will format the inserted text with the existing character formatting. When replacing the e...

set New currency EURO
I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all of his PO has to be in EURO ? How I can setup a new currency EURO ? Any help I will appreciate it. -- Thanks Miguel Dear, Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency Access) Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, ...

unable to scroll the page

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

Text box scroll from record to record
Hi, I have a screen that shows records from a table. Next to each record is a command button to edit each record. If I click on the edit button a new window opens showing the fields for the record selected. In that window I have a text box. Sometimes, if I'm in that text box and scroll using the wheel on the mouse the data displayed will change from record to record from my table. Can someone tell my why this is happening? I'm running Access 2000 Thanks, -- Phil Its an annoying feature of Access, which while occasionally useful, is more often a PITA. You'll...

Unable to conect

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

how do i bring a visual basic form to the spread sheet?
Hi, I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb. The problem is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility? Thanks a lot for your help, Maryam add a button to the spreadsheet and attach the code UserForm1.show 'or whatever the form name is You will not be able to run the form independant of ...

Addding notes and rating fields to a report
I just started experimenting with creating some reports using vb.net 2003 and the SRS. So far getting most of the data on the report has been pretty easy but I cant seem to get certain data on there. I would like to have columns available for the notes and also rating as of yet I have not been able to find them. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_666CDF65 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <xxdcmast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started experimenting with creating some reports using vb.net 2003 and > the SRS. > > So far getting mos...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...