The database cannot be opened...

Access 2007, Windows 7 ...
When attempting to run a simple import from Excel, I was getting "The
database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be
read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted."

Tried a lot of suggestions from the net, none worked.
Uninstalled Access, then re-installed.

Now getting ...
"Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed,
or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has
been disabled".
There's nothing there in Options / Add-ins / Disabled Items.

Note  - the same database works fine on another computer.

Thanx.
 - Mike

how can I open a file with a .pub extension (w/o Publisher)?

opening files on network problem
i am running excel 2002 on windows xp pro and my server is 2000. when ever i open an excel file up on the xp machine, it opens two instances on the server. then if i close the files and go to reopen it says the file is already open as it only closes 1 instance on the server. this is only happening with excel and not with word or access docs. any ideas ???? ...

I need the "Program Action" used to open EML files in OE...
The new SpamKiller doesn't work quite right many times and it saves "Blocked" EML files on my hard drive but doesn't always "Rescue" them properly. So, when I click on the EML file it opens in Outlook Express. To fix that I changed the "Application used to perform action" under Explorer | Tools | File Types | EML to point to Outlook instead of Outlook Express. Of course, I found out that doesn't work. So I changed it back to what I thought it was but apparently I was wrong and now clicking on an EML file opens Outlook Express but doesn't open th...

Deleting an outbox email without opening Outlook.
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2002. There is an email that seems to be stuck in my outbox and has been sent 54 times to the recipient! If I try to delete the email from the outbox I get an error message saying that it is unable to delete and please restart outlook to rectify the problem. This doesn't help at all. Once Outlook is restarted the sending process will start all over again. Is there a way that I can delete the email without opening Outlook so that when I start the program next time there is nothing in the outbox. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Sonars UK. ...

tip: Open XML Dataset in append mode
See code below It writes only changes, by appending new records at the end of the file. public static void Main() { Dataset1 d = new Dataset1(); Stream str = new FileStream(@"c:\somedata.xml", FileMode.OpenOrCreate, FileAccess.ReadWrite, FileShare.None); if (str.Length > 0) d.ReadXml(str); Dataset1.somedataRow dr = d.somedata.NewsomedataRow(); dr.Data = "blah " + Environment.TickCount.ToString(); d.somedata.AddsomedataRow(dr); str.Position=0; d.GetChanges().WriteXml(str); str.Close(); } ...

New Tabs open Randomly
I am running XP Home (SP3) In the last few days I have had new tabs open randomly under my open tab. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to prevent it? Thank you. ...

i couldn't open my excel files,it gives location couldn't find err
Hi, i am trying to open my excel files but it gives me the following error: "If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu,make sure that the file has not been renamed,moved of deleted." But if i renamed the same file to some other name then it works.so please tell me how can i fix this problem. Thanks & Regards, Hozefa How are you trying to open the file? Are you double clicking on it in windows explorer? Or are you using File|Open and choosing the file? Or are you using File, then clicking on one of the files at ...

I need a shortcut to make a excel file open to a specific sheet
I need to know how to modify an excel shortcut to make a file always open to a specific named "intro" sheet. You can use a macro: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=338 ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "EAHRENS" <EAHRENS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CEF8135-5F57-400F-B5AF-9A11396110A8@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to modify an excel shortcut to make a file always open >to > a specific named "intro" sheet. Try doing it within the files workbook_open event in the ThisWork...

Showing database properties in diagram
Hi people I have scanned the relevant groups and haven't seen an answer to my simple problem. Can I change which of the database properties are shown on the entity diagram? Specifically, can I configure it to display the 'notes property? I am trying to use Visio as an heuristic for building an Access database. I therefore want to start with entity diagrams with little detail and iteratively raise the detail and accuracy of the definitions. Some tables are fully defined and have 30+ columns. Having to show all these does not help my objective and does take up a lot of room. Con...

Closing an open year
Our fiscal years are July thru June. I opened the years 2007, 2008, & 2009 We started a new company on July 1 2007 and I closed the 2008 year. I failed to close the 2007 year before I closed the 2008 year. Is there any issues with closing the 2007 year now? Merle, 1. Which module(s) did you close (Financial, PM/RM)? 2. When you go to Routines > Financial > Year End Closing, what date is displayed under Last Closing Date? 3. When you go to Setup > Company > Fiscal Periods, what year is set to default? 4. Did you backup your data before closing out the year? "...

Can you display Recently Opened documents at the bottom of the File menu?

Help. I cannot upgrade Outlook.Keeps saying it cannot open folders
I am trying to upgrade to Office Professional. All programs seem to be working except Outlook. It will not open. I get a message that it cannot open default folders. Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to upgrade to Office Professional. All programs seem to be > working except Outlook. It will not open. I get a message that it > cannot open default folders. It appears you haven't set up your mail profile properly. Control Panel>Mail -- Brian Tillman ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep If you file has any indication of which data goes in which field you could just parse the CSV file and update the records one by...

open Excel formatted differently than the default format
I have a series of CSV files that ned to be converted to XLS and reformatted at the same time. Is there any way to click on the CSV file and have it open into a preformatted XLS spread sheet that can then be saved in the XLS file type? No, but you could create a macro that would open each of your .csv files, format it the way you want, save it (and repeat). Start a new workbook and record a macro when you open one of the CSV files. Continue recording when you format it. Then you can tweak the macro to look more like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim...

Money 2005 open a MSN file in MONEY
I would like to use Money 2005 to open a portfolio file that was created while using the msn website. How can I do this? In microsoft.public.money, Helixal wrote: >I would like to use Money 2005 to open a portfolio file that was created >while using the msn website. How can I do this? That is not going to happen with Money 2005. It may be possible with later versions of Money; I have not tried it. I am interested in this approach since I have not been able to get Money 2005 to sync to my portfolio on the msn website. In a round about way I am able to update prices, but I am no...

DBTYP.NET Studio 2010
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01CACB92.C5C2EB70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable DBTYP.NET Studio 2010 - Database Comparison Suite Released Vienna, Austria - March 8, 2010 Today, BYPsoft announced the availability of DBTYP.NET Studio 2010, the = newest version of the cross-database comparison tool that compares SQL = Server, MySQL and Oracle databases (schema and data). DBTYP.NET Studio = 2010 is available for download from http://www.bypsoft.com. With its rich sup...

Open new page
How can I make a link to open to a new page ? Create the link to the page and it will open it. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "mousey" <mousey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E40BF7DB-CD40-48B0-AE8E-0744D36CFDF5@microsoft.com... : How can I make a link to open to a new page ? I wonder does the OP mean new page as in the recent discussion as to whether a page overwrites the current page (target=_self) or opens in a new window (target=_blank) -- Trevor Lawrence Canberra Web Sit...

Outlook will not open .pst file
I exported my emails to a .pst file prior to reformatting my hard disk. Now after re-installing Outlook it will not open the .pst file, saying it is "not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service." What does this mean? What versions of Outlook are involved? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Clydesdale asked: | I e...

Customer Database Import

Updating Test company database
I have used the techknowlege procedure for setting up a new test company. But once the test company's set up, after a while the data gets old. To refresh the test database with current Live info I'll do the backup "Live" and restore to "Test". Do I still need to run the scripts described in the TK or is that only necessary the first time? Thanks, DavidF. David, You need to run the scripts every time you do a restore. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Error message opening a folder
OL2002: Error Message: Microsoft Outlook Could Not Access the Specified Folder Location I've been receiving this error message when trying to open a sub-folder in Outlook 2002, and going to the KB it said there was a hot fix available for this error but I have been unable to find it. Any suggestions? Per the KB article, you need to contact Microsoft PSS and request the Hotfix - there is no charge for hotfixes if you ONLY ask for the hotfix and don't append a "by the way, this has been happening as well." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

E-mails with PDF attachments will not open
E-mails with PDF attachments larger than 16K will not open. E-mails with small PDFs open ok. E-mails with DOC and JPG attachments work ok. It is the e-mail itself that will not fully open; cannot even get to the PDF attachment. A down arrow appears in the priority column; it seems to be enlessly trying to open as the bytes in the received status windows goes on non-stop. The size of the e-mail and attachment appears in the MSN Mail Inbox. Possibly switching antivirus to Microsoft Internet Essential might coincide with when problem started. Help. ...

Opening Excel from Vb.Net without Document Recovery?
From VB.Net is it possibel to open an Exell (and Word) files witout Document Recovery kicking in with recoved documents?? ...

Outlook
I do not know how to open any attachments sent to me. I have a paper clip showing in upper right hand corner of the email and the sender indicating an attachment, but do not see anything to click onto? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks, gl Have you clicked the paperclip? You should see the attachments when you click the paperclip. >-----Original Message----- >I do not know how to open any attachments sent to me. I >have a paper clip showing in upper right hand corner of >the email and the sender indicating an attachment, but do >not see anything to c...

drop database [using parameters]
Hi guys can someone tell me what is wrong with this procedure. =============== set ANSI_NULLS ON set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON go ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[createdatabase] -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here @dbname varchar(15) AS -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; -- Drop the database if it already exists IF EXISTS ( SELECT name FROM sys.databases WHERE name = @dbname ) DROP DATABASE @dbname CREATE DATABASE @dbname ================== Server 2005 keeps gi...