run query message

Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
displayed?

Thanks
Jim

You can control the status bar and disply your messages by using a function
such as

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Procedure : Status
' Author    : CARDA Consultants Inc.
' Website   : http://www.cardaconsultants.com
' Purpose   : Set the application status bar text
' Copyright : The following may be altered and reused as you wish so long as
the
'             copyright notice is left unchanged (including Author, Website
and
'             Copyright).  It may not be sold/resold or reposted on other
sites (links
'             back to this site are allowed).
'
' Revision History:
' Rev       Date(yyyy/mm/dd)        Description
'
' 1         2008-Nov-19                 Initial Release
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Status(sStatus As String)
On Error GoTo Error_Handler
    Dim vStatus As Variant

    If sStatus = "" Then
        vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)
    Else
        vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, sStatus)
    End If

If Err.Number = 0 Then Exit Sub

Error_Handler:
    MsgBox "MS Access has generated the following error" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
"Error Number: " & _
    Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Source: Status" & vbCrLf & "Error
    Err.Description, vbCritical, "An Error has Occured!"
    Exit Sub
End Sub
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault

"ainow" wrote:

> Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
> status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
> displayed?
>
> Thanks
> Jim
Thanks for your input, but Status() works the same as Application.Echo.  The
message is displayed and then replaced with Run Query and the progress bar
when the SQL statement is executed.
Jim

"Daniel Pineault" wrote:

> You can control the status bar and disply your messages by using a function
> such as
>
> '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ' Procedure : Status
> ' Author    : CARDA Consultants Inc.
> ' Website   : http://www.cardaconsultants.com
> ' Purpose   : Set the application status bar text
> ' Copyright : The following may be altered and reused as you wish so long as
> the
> '             copyright notice is left unchanged (including Author, Website
> and
> '             Copyright).  It may not be sold/resold or reposted on other
> sites (links
> '             back to this site are allowed).
> '
> ' Revision History:
> ' Rev       Date(yyyy/mm/dd)        Description
> '
> ' 1         2008-Nov-19                 Initial Release
> '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sub Status(sStatus As String)
> On Error GoTo Error_Handler
>     Dim vStatus As Variant
>
>     If sStatus = "" Then
>         vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)
>     Else
>         vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, sStatus)
>     End If
>
> If Err.Number = 0 Then Exit Sub
>
> Error_Handler:
>     MsgBox "MS Access has generated the following error" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
> "Error Number: " & _
>     Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Source: Status" & vbCrLf & "Error
>     Err.Description, vbCritical, "An Error has Occured!"
>     Exit Sub
> End Sub
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "ainow" wrote:
>
> > Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
> > status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
> > displayed?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jim

easy way around "not updateable query" for sums?
I have a table. I am trying to update that table based on a query. The query involved used sums. When I try to this, I get "this is not an updatable query." I know the cause for it, the fact that the query has sums. I also know the way around it. Run my query as a make table query, then build my update query from that. This project would have me doing this a couple of dozen times. I really do not want to build 24 make table queries, 24 update queries, and then have to delete those 24 tables. If nothing else, I would expect that would seriously fragment my databse,...

undeliverable message #4
Hello, Every once in awhile some users get the following message: -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2003 9:09 AM To: Lastname, Firstname Subject: Undeliverable: subject text Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: subject text Sent: 12/7/2003 9:09 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Lastname, Firstname on 12/7/2003 9:09 AM The recipient was unavailable to take delivery of the message MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:SITE:SERVERNAME This thing is random, it ...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

run time error 10-22-03

Query Exchange/AD for users that have OWA enabled
Does anyone know if there is a query that I can run to give me a list of all user accounts that have the OWA feature enabled? We have 900 accounts, and we only allow some user "types" to have OWA access... We are running Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server, Active Directory, etc. Please forgive me if I am posting to the incorrect group (Exchange instead of AD?) Thanks. Donna ...

Automatically run macro

Extracting Email Addresses within Message
Help! I have been receiving a very large amount of returned email errors. Over 200. In order to properly investigate and validate email addresses enclosed in each returned email error message, I need to create a complete list of them. Without going into each and everyone to cut & paste. That would take way longer than I have available. Is there a method or freeware utilities that could extract all email addresses from within the message area of each email automatically? Thank in advance. //Ken The root-cause of these messages are probably spammers and virus-infected machines on the...

Excel Continuous Running Total

Access97 Queries connecting via ODBC to Sybase SQLanywhere backend
I have a Access97 frontend database and it links tables and queries to a Sybase SQLAnywhere backend database. I have imported all the tables from the SQLAnywhere into a Access97 database. I have changed the linked relationship in the tables section to point to the Access97 backend now and not the Sybase backend. Problem is I have SQL queries written in the Access 97 frontend that still try to access Sybase via ODBC. How do I change these queries to access the new Backend. Jamie Network Administrator If the queries were originally written using linked tables, they should still work. Ho...

Get query from Access
Hello, trying to do a query. So I do the following: Data->get external data->New database query, then from the Choose Data source, I choose MS 97 ACCESS DATABASE*, then I select the database. This brings me to the QUERY wizard-Choose columns When I double click on the table/query I want, it doesn't bring the columns to choose. It changes the + sign to - sign but nothing else. I try a different database, and on this one it does work. So not sure why only on one database it works. Any suggestions? Would appreciate it. thanks, Juan ...

Money 2002 will not run

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

track bounce back message in IIS smtp
Hi All, Here may not be the best newgroup for this, however I cannot seem to find any good advice anywhere else. We write our software which use IIS5 SMTP to do email marketing. send email, no problem, but we need to track the number of bounce back/badmail/bad domain. I know it should be in badmail folder, I need detailed information on how to analyse the file in badmail and queue folder so that our software will produce the report on bounce backs. We notice that there are .BAD, .BDP, .BDR file extension in the badmailfolder.BAD file.how do we interprete them. Thanks Frank "Frank...

combo box in a query
Hi, Is it possible, do you think, to insert a combo box into the criteria section of a query? The user of the query will have a lot of units to choose from in the query and it would be easier for the user to have a drop down box to make a selection from. Can this be inserted into the query so that it appears and is functional when the query is run? If so...how would a novice go about it? Thanks, Regards, oic3120 Not directly, but you can enter a reference to a combo box as a parameter in the query. Create an unbound form with a combo box on it which lists all the possible values in o...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Outlook Message Inline Text
I have Outlook 2002 and need to know if I can change my received message format to inline text. Right now I have e-mails that have been forwarded multiple times as attachments instead of inline text but I can't synchronize it with my Pocket PC because of this. Any Suggestions? Thanks, Benny ...