run query message

Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
displayed?

Thanks
Jim

You can control the status bar and disply your messages by using a function
such as

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Procedure : Status
' Author    : CARDA Consultants Inc.
' Website   : http://www.cardaconsultants.com
' Purpose   : Set the application status bar text
' Copyright : The following may be altered and reused as you wish so long as
the
'             copyright notice is left unchanged (including Author, Website
and
'             Copyright).  It may not be sold/resold or reposted on other
sites (links
'             back to this site are allowed).
'
' Revision History:
' Rev       Date(yyyy/mm/dd)        Description
'
' 1         2008-Nov-19                 Initial Release
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Status(sStatus As String)
On Error GoTo Error_Handler
    Dim vStatus As Variant

    If sStatus = "" Then
        vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)
    Else
        vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, sStatus)
    End If

If Err.Number = 0 Then Exit Sub

Error_Handler:
    MsgBox "MS Access has generated the following error" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
"Error Number: " & _
    Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Source: Status" & vbCrLf & "Error
    Err.Description, vbCritical, "An Error has Occured!"
    Exit Sub
End Sub
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault

"ainow" wrote:

> Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
> status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
> displayed?
>
> Thanks
> Jim
Thanks for your input, but Status() works the same as Application.Echo.  The
message is displayed and then replaced with Run Query and the progress bar
when the SQL statement is executed.
Jim

"Daniel Pineault" wrote:

> You can control the status bar and disply your messages by using a function
> such as
>
> '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ' Procedure : Status
> ' Author    : CARDA Consultants Inc.
> ' Website   : http://www.cardaconsultants.com
> ' Purpose   : Set the application status bar text
> ' Copyright : The following may be altered and reused as you wish so long as
> the
> '             copyright notice is left unchanged (including Author, Website
> and
> '             Copyright).  It may not be sold/resold or reposted on other
> sites (links
> '             back to this site are allowed).
> '
> ' Revision History:
> ' Rev       Date(yyyy/mm/dd)        Description
> '
> ' 1         2008-Nov-19                 Initial Release
> '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sub Status(sStatus As String)
> On Error GoTo Error_Handler
>     Dim vStatus As Variant
>
>     If sStatus = "" Then
>         vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)
>     Else
>         vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, sStatus)
>     End If
>
> If Err.Number = 0 Then Exit Sub
>
> Error_Handler:
>     MsgBox "MS Access has generated the following error" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
> "Error Number: " & _
>     Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Source: Status" & vbCrLf & "Error
>     Err.Description, vbCritical, "An Error has Occured!"
>     Exit Sub
> End Sub
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "ainow" wrote:
>
> > Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
> > status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
> > displayed?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jim

Moving messages from X400 connector...
For some reason certain outgoing messages from our Exchange server are trying to use an old X400 connector rather than the Internet mail service even though the intended recipients have SMTP addresses. I want to delete the connector to try to resolve the problem but don't want to loose the 50 odd messages awaiting delivery. Is there any way to move or save the messages to the internet mail service. Thanks, Curtis. ==================================== When replying by email please remove the X ==================================== Curtis: Off the top of my head, I would try the follo...

Force macro to run on a specific worksheet
I have a timer scheduled via the ontime method every 5 minutes to run a macro that I recorded. The worksheet where I want the macro to run has links to another workbook and when the timer pops the macro sometimes runs in the other workbook. How can I ensure that the macro runs in the original workbook (and worksheet)? Here is a reference to the ontime method: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/run-macro-on-time.htm P.S. I am not very knowledgeable about VBA. Hi, Show us you ontime procedure. Sounds line you need something like this added to your code wb=ActiveWorkbook.Name Workbooks(&qu...

Cannot delete message from Outbox
There is a message stuck in the Outbox. It has an attachment too large for the SMTP server. However, if I try to delete the message from the Outbox or if I try to move it to another folder, I get an error message "MAPI Spooler has already started sending this message." Any ideas on how I can kill this message? Thanks. ...

Anti-Virus Error Message in Outlook 2003?
I have replaced AVG & Panda AV with Avast 4 recently. I am using Windows XP Pro on my home network. When Outlook 2003 loads on my settings(Administrator) there are no problems. Everything works just fine =^) When it loads on my wife's settings(Administrator)she gets the following error messages when loading Outlook 2003: "Addin (Panda) could not be installed or loaded" "Addin (AVG) could not be installed or loaded" Never got them before using Avast 4. I like Avast =) Only happens on wife's settings! I have deleted all files containing AVG/Panda info. What wil...

help with SQL query for HQ
Hello! Need two queries. 1. to clear the bin location field for all items 2. to assign a numberical value for the bin location field for each of our stores. ex. store 1 bin location field to read 1, store store bin location field to read 2 any help would as always be greatly appreciated... thank you hi zcsf, 1. To Clear bin location Run this UPDATE ITEM SET BINLOCATION='' 2. To Update the bin location with store id UPDATE ITEM SET BINLOCATION=storeid from Configuration Rate please. "ZCSF" wrote: > Hello! > Need two queries. > 1. to clear the bin location field ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

Query Question - Friend - Friend - Friend
There are two tables. Table1 has names of all people in town, and Table2 has friend relationship of people in Table1. TABLE 1 | TABLE 2 | NAME | IndexID NAME FRIENDNAME A | 1 A B B | 2 A C C | 3 B A D | 4 B D E | 5 C A F | 6 C E G | 7 D B H | 8 D E | 9 ...

Message Rules #8
I have several accounts, one is for a familiy member. I want to direct messages that are sent to her account, into a folder I've created for her, yet whenever I set up the rule (I've tried many ways) ALL messages go into her mailbox, or NONE do! This never happened in Outlook Express... Thanks for any help... pgardner <peeg67@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have several accounts, one is for a familiy member. I > want to direct messages that are sent to her account, > into a folder I've created for her, yet whenever I set up > the rule (I've tried many ways) ...

Search does not find messages in Outlook 2007
Hello All, I have Outlook 2007 and Windows Desktop search trunning on a Windows XP Professional machine. The indexing has been completed but I noted that the search will not find certain emails, which contain the text that I am searching for in the content. I can find the message by author, subject, etc. but not based on the keyord. This makes me dowbt of the reliability of the search. Any ideas of what might be going on? Kind regards CD ...

Windows Mail Message rules
I have a small problem - mainly because I only have three News message rules :) The Apply Now function appears to be broken - and until I can get it working again, I can't really check to see whether the rules themselves work properly. WinMail in a fully updated Vista (with fully updated Office 2007 in the mix as well, just in case it makes a difference) Whichever rule I pick, and whichever account or newsgroup I try and apply it to, Apply now starts to work - and then I get a "One or more of your rules could not be applied" message - The rules used to work fine,...

Word 2008 running at 80% CPU
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Word 2008 running at 85% CPU, I found in other forums, if I turn the Grammar Check off, the CPU goes back to normal, but it keeps with the same crazy fan issue. Help me please!! I hope there is a fix for it soon. Can't remember where I picked this up, but in Preferences, turn off Live Word Count is reported to reduce CPU wasted. Appears to work for me (but have not done any real experiments to test ... last week the laptop battery lasted while writing most of the the entire transatlantic flight, so it must have wor...

IMF Message Filter has stopped working
Exchange 2003, IMF was installed and working fine until recently when the filter has just stopped working. All filters have been applied to the Virtual Server. There are no errors in the event log. There are no messages in the archive folder. I have re-started the information store but the problem remains. No changes had been made to IMF, it just stopped working. On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:39:59 +0100, "andrew.hinkin" <andrew.hinkin@akhter.co.uk> wrote: >Exchange 2003, IMF was installed and working fine until recently when the >filter has just stopped working. All f...

Q: open a query with parameters
All, I think I took a stupid pill today because I can't figure this one out. I want to programmatically open up a query like when you use the docmd.openquery("query name") function. But the query I'm using has parameters which need to be filled in. I vaguely remember something about querydef objects, but I can't seem to get it to work. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much! -Mark ...

progressive totals in a query for a chart
I would like to be able to create progressive totals in a query for display on a chart. The total required only has entries every few months while remaining data appears daily. is this possible? ...

Getting same message over and over and over and over each day
I'm going nuts. I belong to a website for getting financial information. I formerly used Outlook Express but switched to Microsoft Outlook because of the additional features. Now, I continue to receive two different e-mails from the website over and over and over again every day. Approximately every 10 seconds and they go back two weeks. So far today I've received hundreds. I have no idea how to stop this. Any ideas or solutions??? "goinbatty" <goinbatty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:422BFA40-1D55-4558-9AE9-EE4182B09066@microsoft.com......

Message Archiving on Exch2000 #2
Hi I'm about to configure Message archiving on a Exch2000 by using a mailbox. If any got experience in this, could they help me out with the following questions - I'm trying to determine if a message can be sent to that archive mailbox - If so, will it will be 'archived' also and arrive again in that mailbox and thus creating a loop (prolly the loop creation will be halted by the system, but nevertheless) Are you talking about Message Journaling? There will be no loops. Patrick Meganck wrote: > Hi, > > I'm about to configure Message archiving on a Exch2000 ...

Import messages over network
I need help with information regarding import or export messages over a LAN from Outlook Express 6.0 into Outlook 2000. Thanks, Robert First copy the OE6 files to the other computer, and import them into OE there (if you need help with this step, check here: http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com). Once that's done, you can export from OE to Outlook on that computer. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Robert" <dersorob@att.net...

Outlook Error Message When Starting Outlook
Hi: When I start Outlook 2002, and when login to my POP3 account, the following message is displayed: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". I have Norton Internet Security 2004. I've disabled it but the message appears. I don't know what is happening or what is causing this message to appear. Thank you very much. David http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011127891033&CTT=1&Origin=EC010230001033&QueryID=iPg50Uwgn I hope this might help. "David" wrote: > Hi: > > When I...

Last transaction in a query?
I have a table with 5 fields ID PersonID EDate Amount and TransType I want a query with the last record of each person based on date and I want the results like this PersonID LastOfEDate Amount TransType if a person has tow transactions in the max date I want only one of them How can i do that? thanks You must have a "main" table with a single list of PersonID. Lets assume it is called tblPeople, PK = "ID" So, use that table to provide a unquite list of PersonID. The query can be like: select FirstName, Lastname, WorkPhone, PersonID, EDate, Amount, Tr...

Run a program through Outlook . . .
Dears, How to run a program from outlook? As example , i need to run Firefox in outlook. Thanks & Regards,, ...

37 Mail Messages
I had created a profile in Outlook Express for temporary use so that I could get a certain piece of mail. The account was a POP account so it downloaded a whole bunch of mail. When I was through I went through the process of deleting the account. (it still had 37 pieces of unread mail sitting in the inbox) Now everytime I log into Windows XP it shows that I have 37 pieces of unread mail for an account that is no longer on the system. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outl...

OWA question about URLs in email messages
We are new to OWA and I have noticed an issue with links (URLs) contained within email messages. If I click on a URL contained in a message, the login pops up - as though I had logged off. If I try to open the link in a new window, the same thing happens. If I open another browser window before I login to OWA, I can copy and paste the link successfully. My sense is that I have probably missed something along the way in my IIS configuration or this issue is caused by the secure connection I am using to access OWA. Our users are mere mortals, though and are likely to be perplexed by this... W20...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

External Data Query
I read in a book that it is not a good practice to put anything below a external data range. I have done this and have found no problems. What problems has anyone found doing this? If the external data you import is big enough, it can overwrite your data ----- Curtis wrote: ---- I read in a book that it is not a good practice to put anything below a external data range. I have done this and have found no problems. What problems has anyone found doing this? Wouldn't that have to be a big import to do that? My imports are probably not th...

Outlook only downloads headers in email, not full message
New computer, first time with Outlook 07. Email messages only download as headers initially. The rest of the message, i.e. the body of the message and any attachments, don't download unless I hit "Send/Receive" again. How do I make it so that I don't have to hit Send/Receive in order to get the whole message. I've already gone into Tools > Send/Receive > Send-Receive Settings and made adjustments there as per Outlook Help, but that didn't fix the problem. Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send/Receive\Edit\Folder Options and set it up there making sur...