Quotes Problem

Hi,

I am having an issue with string and quotes, can anyone advise why the 
following wont work and what I need to do to fix it?

strSQL = "DELETE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate FROM tbl01_FullCompare WHERE 
(((tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate) =< " & dateLimit & "));"

Second Question:  I often use the Query design grid to build my queries, and 
when I get the query working correctly, I copy the SQL into VBA.  Becuase I 
am copying the SQL into a string (with quotes), I often run into issues 
trying to work out how the quotes (or how many quotes to use).  Is there any 
function in access, say the SQL view where I can get it to automatically 
ready the SQL to be used in a VBA string? Probably not but I thought it was 
worth a shot...

Cheers,
GLT.


0
Utf
2/6/2010 1:47:02 PM
access.modulesdaovba 1670 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
583 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 18

Re your Q1:
You must use # as the delimiter around date values, so:
    "... WHERE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate =< #" & dateLimit & "#;"

That will still fail if the user lives in a region that uses a non-US date 
format. To solve that issue also, see:
    International Date Formats in Access
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html

Re your 2nd question, this explains how to get the quotes right:
    Quotation marks within quotes
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-17.html

Since I often copy a SQL statement into code, I created a little form to 
help me do it:
    Copy SQL statement from query to VBA
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html

Hope that helps.

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.


"GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:3718FA87-DB51-4627-A4D8-0B97D170A130@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am having an issue with string and quotes, can anyone advise why the
> following wont work and what I need to do to fix it?
>
> strSQL = "DELETE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate FROM tbl01_FullCompare WHERE
> (((tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate) =< " & dateLimit & "));"
>
> Second Question:  I often use the Query design grid to build my queries, 
> and
> when I get the query working correctly, I copy the SQL into VBA.  Becuase 
> I
> am copying the SQL into a string (with quotes), I often run into issues
> trying to work out how the quotes (or how many quotes to use).  Is there 
> any
> function in access, say the SQL view where I can get it to automatically
> ready the SQL to be used in a VBA string? Probably not but I thought it 
> was
> worth a shot...
>
> Cheers,
> GLT.
>
> 
0
Allen
2/6/2010 2:21:26 PM
Thanks Allen.

You're a champion and a life saver.

Thanks :)

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Re your Q1:
> You must use # as the delimiter around date values, so:
>     "... WHERE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate =< #" & dateLimit & "#;"
> 
> That will still fail if the user lives in a region that uses a non-US date 
> format. To solve that issue also, see:
>     International Date Formats in Access
> at:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html
> 
> Re your 2nd question, this explains how to get the quotes right:
>     Quotation marks within quotes
> at:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/casu-17.html
> 
> Since I often copy a SQL statement into code, I created a little form to 
> help me do it:
>     Copy SQL statement from query to VBA
> at:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html
> 
> Hope that helps.
> 
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> 
> 
> "GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:3718FA87-DB51-4627-A4D8-0B97D170A130@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having an issue with string and quotes, can anyone advise why the
> > following wont work and what I need to do to fix it?
> >
> > strSQL = "DELETE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate FROM tbl01_FullCompare WHERE
> > (((tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate) =< " & dateLimit & "));"
> >
> > Second Question:  I often use the Query design grid to build my queries, 
> > and
> > when I get the query working correctly, I copy the SQL into VBA.  Becuase 
> > I
> > am copying the SQL into a string (with quotes), I often run into issues
> > trying to work out how the quotes (or how many quotes to use).  Is there 
> > any
> > function in access, say the SQL view where I can get it to automatically
> > ready the SQL to be used in a VBA string? Probably not but I thought it 
> > was
> > worth a shot...
> >
> > Cheers,
> > GLT.
> >
> > 
> .
> 
0
Utf
2/7/2010 12:46:01 AM
Hi Allen,

Your converter works great, however I am have an issue tring to reference 
dates in the Query Design Grid.  In the Grid (this is an update query), in 
the 'update to' field I have the following:

# "" & dateStamp & "" #

dateStamp is a varible in my code.

How do I reference the dateStamp varible in the query design grid, so I can 
then pop it into your converter?  Every time I try and do anything in the 
design grid, it says the expression you entered has an invalid date value...

"GLT" wrote:

> Thanks Allen.
> 
> You're a champion and a life saver.
> 
> Thanks :)
> 
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
> 
> > Re your Q1:
> > You must use # as the delimiter around date values, so:
> >     "... WHERE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate =< #" & dateLimit & "#;"
> > 
> > That will still fail if the user lives in a region that uses a non-US date 
> > format. To solve that issue also, see:
> >     International Date Formats in Access
> > at:
> >     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html
> > 
> > Re your 2nd question, this explains how to get the quotes right:
> >     Quotation marks within quotes
> > at:
> >     http://allenbrowne.com/casu-17.html
> > 
> > Since I often copy a SQL statement into code, I created a little form to 
> > help me do it:
> >     Copy SQL statement from query to VBA
> > at:
> >     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html
> > 
> > Hope that helps.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> > Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> > 
> > 
> > "GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:3718FA87-DB51-4627-A4D8-0B97D170A130@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am having an issue with string and quotes, can anyone advise why the
> > > following wont work and what I need to do to fix it?
> > >
> > > strSQL = "DELETE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate FROM tbl01_FullCompare WHERE
> > > (((tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate) =< " & dateLimit & "));"
> > >
> > > Second Question:  I often use the Query design grid to build my queries, 
> > > and
> > > when I get the query working correctly, I copy the SQL into VBA.  Becuase 
> > > I
> > > am copying the SQL into a string (with quotes), I often run into issues
> > > trying to work out how the quotes (or how many quotes to use).  Is there 
> > > any
> > > function in access, say the SQL view where I can get it to automatically
> > > ready the SQL to be used in a VBA string? Probably not but I thought it 
> > > was
> > > worth a shot...
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > GLT.
> > >
> > > 
> > .
> > 
0
Utf
2/7/2010 4:33:01 AM
Hi All,

Does not seem to matter where I put quotes, or how many I use, all I keep 
getting is Syntax errors, if anyone can adivise how to correct this line I 
would be greatful, this is driving me nuts:

strSQL1 = "UPDATE tbl01_FullCompare SET tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate = # """""" 
& dateLimit & """"#;"""

Cheers

"GLT" wrote:

> Hi Allen,
> 
> Your converter works great, however I am have an issue tring to reference 
> dates in the Query Design Grid.  In the Grid (this is an update query), in 
> the 'update to' field I have the following:
> 
> # "" & dateStamp & "" #
> 
> dateStamp is a varible in my code.
> 
> How do I reference the dateStamp varible in the query design grid, so I can 
> then pop it into your converter?  Every time I try and do anything in the 
> design grid, it says the expression you entered has an invalid date value...
> 
> "GLT" wrote:
> 
> > Thanks Allen.
> > 
> > You're a champion and a life saver.
> > 
> > Thanks :)
> > 
> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> > 
> > > Re your Q1:
> > > You must use # as the delimiter around date values, so:
> > >     "... WHERE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate =< #" & dateLimit & "#;"
> > > 
> > > That will still fail if the user lives in a region that uses a non-US date 
> > > format. To solve that issue also, see:
> > >     International Date Formats in Access
> > > at:
> > >     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html
> > > 
> > > Re your 2nd question, this explains how to get the quotes right:
> > >     Quotation marks within quotes
> > > at:
> > >     http://allenbrowne.com/casu-17.html
> > > 
> > > Since I often copy a SQL statement into code, I created a little form to 
> > > help me do it:
> > >     Copy SQL statement from query to VBA
> > > at:
> > >     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html
> > > 
> > > Hope that helps.
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> > > Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> > > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:3718FA87-DB51-4627-A4D8-0B97D170A130@microsoft.com...
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > I am having an issue with string and quotes, can anyone advise why the
> > > > following wont work and what I need to do to fix it?
> > > >
> > > > strSQL = "DELETE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate FROM tbl01_FullCompare WHERE
> > > > (((tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate) =< " & dateLimit & "));"
> > > >
> > > > Second Question:  I often use the Query design grid to build my queries, 
> > > > and
> > > > when I get the query working correctly, I copy the SQL into VBA.  Becuase 
> > > > I
> > > > am copying the SQL into a string (with quotes), I often run into issues
> > > > trying to work out how the quotes (or how many quotes to use).  Is there 
> > > > any
> > > > function in access, say the SQL view where I can get it to automatically
> > > > ready the SQL to be used in a VBA string? Probably not but I thought it 
> > > > was
> > > > worth a shot...
> > > >
> > > > Cheers,
> > > > GLT.
> > > >
> > > > 
> > > .
> > > 
0
Utf
2/7/2010 4:56:01 AM
You don't need extra quote marks to delimit dates:

strSQL1 = "UPDATE tbl01_FullCompare SET tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate = #" & 
dateLimit & "#;"
Debug.Print strSQL1

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.


"GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6BB38185-8CB0-4274-A86F-280B09F8A8BB@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
>
> Does not seem to matter where I put quotes, or how many I use, all I keep
> getting is Syntax errors, if anyone can adivise how to correct this line I
> would be greatful, this is driving me nuts:
>
> strSQL1 = "UPDATE tbl01_FullCompare SET tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate = # 
> """"""
> & dateLimit & """"#;"""
>
> Cheers
>
> "GLT" wrote:
>
>> Hi Allen,
>>
>> Your converter works great, however I am have an issue tring to reference
>> dates in the Query Design Grid.  In the Grid (this is an update query), 
>> in
>> the 'update to' field I have the following:
>>
>> # "" & dateStamp & "" #
>>
>> dateStamp is a varible in my code.
>>
>> How do I reference the dateStamp varible in the query design grid, so I 
>> can
>> then pop it into your converter?  Every time I try and do anything in the
>> design grid, it says the expression you entered has an invalid date 
>> value...
>>
>> "GLT" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks Allen.
>> >
>> > You're a champion and a life saver.
>> >
>> > Thanks :)
>> >
>> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
>> >
>> > > Re your Q1:
>> > > You must use # as the delimiter around date values, so:
>> > >     "... WHERE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate =< #" & dateLimit & "#;"
>> > >
>> > > That will still fail if the user lives in a region that uses a non-US 
>> > > date
>> > > format. To solve that issue also, see:
>> > >     International Date Formats in Access
>> > > at:
>> > >     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html
>> > >
>> > > Re your 2nd question, this explains how to get the quotes right:
>> > >     Quotation marks within quotes
>> > > at:
>> > >     http://allenbrowne.com/casu-17.html
>> > >
>> > > Since I often copy a SQL statement into code, I created a little form 
>> > > to
>> > > help me do it:
>> > >     Copy SQL statement from query to VBA
>> > > at:
>> > >     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html
>> > >
>> > > Hope that helps.
>> > >
>> > > -- 
>> > > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> > > Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> > > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > "GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > > news:3718FA87-DB51-4627-A4D8-0B97D170A130@microsoft.com...
>> > > > Hi,
>> > > >
>> > > > I am having an issue with string and quotes, can anyone advise why 
>> > > > the
>> > > > following wont work and what I need to do to fix it?
>> > > >
>> > > > strSQL = "DELETE tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate FROM tbl01_FullCompare 
>> > > > WHERE
>> > > > (((tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate) =< " & dateLimit & "));"
>> > > >
>> > > > Second Question:  I often use the Query design grid to build my 
>> > > > queries,
>> > > > and
>> > > > when I get the query working correctly, I copy the SQL into VBA. 
>> > > > Becuase
>> > > > I
>> > > > am copying the SQL into a string (with quotes), I often run into 
>> > > > issues
>> > > > trying to work out how the quotes (or how many quotes to use).  Is 
>> > > > there
>> > > > any
>> > > > function in access, say the SQL view where I can get it to 
>> > > > automatically
>> > > > ready the SQL to be used in a VBA string? Probably not but I 
>> > > > thought it
>> > > > was
>> > > > worth a shot...
>> > > >
>> > > > Cheers,
>> > > > GLT.
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > .
>> > > 
0
Allen
2/7/2010 5:57:33 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

What "!"and "$" are used for?
Hi there! I regret my ignorance, but can you please mak eit clear, what "!"and "$" are used for? What is the purpose for these symbols?! I am new in this matter- work with MS Excel... :-( Thanks in advance! Ves ! is the separator between a sheet name and a range reference such as in Sheet1!A1:A20 I suppose it makes parsing the formula simpler. $ is use with a cell reference to make it absolute. For instance, if you enter =A1 in cell B1 and then copy that down, B2 will change to =A2, B3 to =A3 and so on. But if you enter =A$1 in B1 and copy down, B2 ...

Problems accessing FTP sites with Vist Home edition with IE7
So, had bought a new laptop, with Vista on it for work on job sites to transmit data and info and oics back to the office FTP site. But, can't access ftp sites for what ever reason. Is this something with Vista or IE7 thats part of this great software? So the question really is; how can 1 access ftp sites using the new vista software that has IE7 on it? thanks, no computer whizz Hey Comp Whizz, You posted in the wrong newsgroup, but I'll help you out anyways. Don't use IE7 to connect to FTP sites. Use Windows Explorer and type the FTP site into the address bar. That's th...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts
My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts. Why is that? Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By definition they are not owned by you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions...

Read outlook from MS ACCESS, how to disable "Do You want to allow this"
Hello, I have developed a Access application that needs to read mail from Outlook, versions on Access and outlook are 2003. In the code i use mapi to connect to outlook. When i tries to read the subject of a message outlook displays "A program is trying to access e-mail adresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this." And then i can allow access for max 10 minutes. My application is use scheduled statupm creating reports without man-macine interferance so i need to disable this message. I have tried with modifiing registry KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office...

Word 2007 and customized "toolbars"?
Hello, I am new to Word 2007; however, I am experienced in Word 2003. As you know, in Word 2003, one was able to create a customized toolbar and assign it to a particular template or even Normal.dot. In this way, users of the template would be able to access the features of the customized toolbar. Now, I am at a loss. Is there any way to do what I've described above in Word 2007? (My operating system is Windows XP.) My goal is to create templates that are user-friendly for non-Word-experienced authors. Would appreciate any guidance. The customization options are...

Why do support emails show up in my "assigned" queue...
CRMers, Our CRM system is set up such that any email that goes to our support email address gets redeployed to a configured "Support" queue within CRM. The problem I have is that the email also shows up in my "Assigned" queue. The only reason I can think of is that I am set as the owner for the support queue. It appears a queue cannot be created without an owner. Does anyone have any insight on this problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep for a queue to work you have to set up a dedicated mailbox in exchange and then use that email ad...

"Protect Sheet" #3
I am using Excel 2007 with Vista Home Premium. I have 15 workbooks, each with 12 sheets. I want each sheet (not the workbook) password protected to prevent any accidental to interference with formulae. With a total of 180 worksheets I am a bit disappointed there is no way other than protecting each sheet one at a time entering each password twice...! ......Or am I wrong? I sincerely hope I am. Can anyone help? TIA Hi, There is no built-in way, however, you can write a VBA macro. Sub ProtectMe() For each sh in Worksheets sh.Protect Password:="x" Next sh End sub If ...

Error message "formula is too long"
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet that, when opened, executes some SQL queries against a SQL Server 2000 DB. This function works correctly. This spreadsheet is part of an automated process. This process starts Excel up in the background, the data is pulled since the spreadsheet is opened, and the results are saved to an HTML file. The thing is, my users have requested I setup the spreadsheet such that if someone opens up the spreadsheet, they can easily manually modify something such that it will pull data from a date/time of their choice. I can think of multiple ways of doin...

"Theme" and "recently used" font list
How do I change the "theme" and "recently used" font list? "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785; for Word 2002, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506; for Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820917. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &g...

outlook.ost connection problems.
I am running Outlook 2003, and was connected through a LAN to a exchange server (which we intended to remove) and i was running in live mode...I.E. my messages were saved on the server...Before we removed the exchange server i switched to cached mode, and it appeared that all messages were then saved down to my computer...it took hours...We removed the exchange server and my messages were still available locally...when i added another pop3 account to connect to a different email account and removed the exchange email account, the messages vanished! I have located an outlook office d...

Off 2003 upon Window7 Excel works but not on "all programs" menu
Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under "Microsoft Office" in "All Programs". Outlook, Word, ect are listed. But if I use Explore to open an Excel document, Excel runs fine. How do I get Excel back on the menu? Either repair the office shortcuts or create the excel shortcut "Carlb101" <Carlb101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EE00EF6-8253-4995-8AC8-090BA2AA27F7@microsoft.com... > Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under > "Microsoft Office" in "All...

"tracing" email
One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another account. What do I need to find out who is sending this mail, or at least figure out where it is coming from? ANY information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Doreen "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote: > >One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. >They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another >account. > >What do I need to fin...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

OT: PDF describing "features" in Windows 7.
I remember a document similar to this for Vista. Problem was, they nixed many of those feature before they released the product. Same could happen here, but it made for some interesting reading. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Win7DeveloperGuide ...

Excel Text Wrapping Problem
Is there any way to fix the following problem? We have an excel spreadsheet that shows a lot of text for some of the cells. We have the cell format set to wrap text. However, it seems as though only a certain amount of text is wrapped until it is just cut off. We would like ALL of the text to display regardless. Is there any way to fix this or is this a problem with excel in general? Thanks, - JV A cell can only display about 1024 characters -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jeffrey A. Voigt" <voigt.jeffrey@myfloridahouse.com> wrote in message news:uVh%23CSQFFHA.1408@TK2MSF...

Install Problem
I get an error whne trying to instal GP on a workstation saying Microsoft ..NET Framework 2.0 can't be found. KB article told me to remove Microsoft ..NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 which I can't because I get Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 cannot be uninstalled because it will affect other applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi Dear, Please uninstall MS .NET framework 2.0 SP2 now and install GP, run and configure it accordingly and then install MS .NET framework SP2 again. GP and other applications will work without any problem. Thanks "...

Want to export "True" or "False" not 1 or 0 to tet file.
I am exporting a table in Access 2003 to a text file which is imported in to a third party appplication. However, there are a few colums with "True" and "False" filelds but when access generates the text file it replaces true and false with 1 and 0 I need it to export "True" or "False" as the third party application does not accept 1 or 0 Is there any way to achieve this. Thanks You would have to export from a query and use a calculated field. Field: SomeFieldTF: IIF(SomeYesNoField,"True","False") Or as ...

Straight quotes in bullet/number lists
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since installing Snow Leopard, all bullets/numbers are followed by straight quotes. (This is happening in both Word 2004 and 2008.) Have tried changing fonts, changing bullet type, defining new bullet style - nothing has helped. Any thoughts? Hi Josie: I suspect it IS the style that is doing this. Go in through Format>Style>... Select the style in use and Format>Modify>Numbering... Select the number format or bullet format in use and Customise... You will find the quote as part of the &quo...

Namespace problems
Hi; I am creating an XmlDocument (.net 2.0) and then saving it. I need the final xml file to look as follows (SpreadsheetML schema - I have no control over it): <Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" xmlns:ss="schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"> <CustomDocumentProperties xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"> <WindwardReports dt:dt="string">Version: 4.0.12</Wi...

faq CArray member function Add problem
Hi, Headcke! I define some classes as fellows: CMyPoint { .... CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); .... }; CSegment { .... CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint> m_PointList; .... CSegment& operator = (const CSegment& asssignsegmet); .... }; But when I use them CArray<CSegment,CSegment> tmpmyarray; CSegment tmpsegment; tmpsegment.m_PointList.RemoveAll(); tmpsegment.m_nIndex=0; tmp...

Table of "TABS"
I have a workbook that has too many tabed worksheets. Is there any way to easily set up a "first worksheet" Table of Tabs (contents) worksheet, so that when I select a tab from the Table of Tabs, it will take me right to the worksheet? Hi John You can right click on the arrows on the left of the first sheet tab or see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "John Florida" <jelwood@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:46813e48$0$8063$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >I have a workbook that ha...

User Group "Access Denied"
I've just installed sharepoint 3 and have the following dafault permissions groups: Central Administration members - Farm administrator - Site admin - Users I've added 2 windows accounts to central admin and site admin and they can access the site okay but nobody else can When i add any windows account to the Users group they get an 'access denied' Ideally i would like to add the 'domain users' group from Active directopry to the Sharepoint Users group but when i do so nobody can access Can someone please help? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software ...

"You cannot open two documents with the same name" message problem
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has a solution on this. There is a Word 2007 file (docx) that has links to an Excel file. They are both resided in the same folder. When the files are moved to another folder, the link path does not get updated =96 which I understand. But when the Word file is first opened, the following message came up: A document with the name "xxx.xlsm" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second documents, either close the document that's currently open...

MONEY BACKUP PROBLEMS
Hi everyone. I can't get Money to restore a backup I made onto a USB drive. I did this before I got a new computer and now I have Money 2005 loaded on the new drive it won't open the files. Now I'm really stuck. MSN tech help have been next to useless on this. Does anyone have any ideas PLease.........................! I suspect this is because you haven't downloaded the M2005 patch. Check your version in Help > About. It should end in 1105. If it doesn't you need to open the sample.mny file or create a new file and do an online update to download the patch. -- R...