populate a text box with multiple records based on combo box selec

Hi,

I have made one form with a combo box (dropped down) , a search button and a
Text box. when a user selects a value (ie. Project No.) and click on search
button the text box should display all the records which is related to that
Project no. The search record should display Drawing no., description , date
created etc. in a datasheet view from the table "Drawing details". the
searched result can be one or more.
can anyone help me with the code. How to search records and display it in
text box.
Thanx

AP

Hi,
not clear what you need. You can populate textbox with text data, in order
to show several records - you can use listbox or form in datasheet or
continuous view

--
Best regards,
___________

"AP" <AP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have made one form with a combo box (dropped down) , a search button and
> Text box. when a user selects a value (ie. Project No.) and click on
> search
> button the text box should display all the records which is related to
> that
> Project no. The search record should display Drawing no., description ,
> date
> created etc. in a datasheet view from the table "Drawing details". the
> searched result can be one or more.
> can anyone help me with the code. How to search records and display it in
> text box.
> Thanx
>
> AP

0
Alex
6/4/2010 7:11:02 AM
AP, I think you should look at this ComboBox example:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut17.htm
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut17a.htm

At the bottom of the second link, download and run the file named
‘AccessAndSQL4_2000.zip’

Here’s something similar, but it uses a ListBox:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut18.htm

Go to the bottom of that page an download this file, ‘AccessAndSQL5_2000.zip’

One more example here, with a Report:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut19.htm

At the bottom of the page, you will find a file named,
‘AccessAndSQL6_2000.zip’.  Download and run it and see what that does.

Good luck!!

--
Ryan---

"Alex Dybenko" wrote:

> Hi,
> not clear what you need. You can populate textbox with text data, in order
> to show several records - you can use listbox or form in datasheet or
> continuous view
>
> --
> Best regards,
> ___________
> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> http://accessblog.net
> http://www.PointLtd.com
>

> "AP" <AP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have made one form with a combo box (dropped down) , a search button and
> > Text box. when a user selects a value (ie. Project No.) and click on
> > search
> > button the text box should display all the records which is related to
> > that
> > Project no. The search record should display Drawing no., description ,
> > date
> > created etc. in a datasheet view from the table "Drawing details". the
> > searched result can be one or more.
> > can anyone help me with the code. How to search records and display it in
> > text box.
> > Thanx
> >
> > AP
>
> .

SOP Invoice: Custom footer based on logged in user or customer cla
I've been asked to determine if its possible to conditionally print footers on SOP Invoices to indicate the contact info of the person responsible for the client company. I was looking at either using the current logged in user or the class of the customer to determine which info to include. Can anyone point me to a KB article or some other source that can show me how to do this? Unforunately the user-defined fields in the customer record have already been dedicated to something else. TIA! VinceV You can attach some VBA code to the report and use the RetrieveGlobals.dll supplie...

Word Comments Extraneous Text
In a word document, How can I get the comment ballon to NOT display the word COMMENT? I only want to see the comment itself, not the identifier "Comment:" Thank you, -- Wing There is no way to do this. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alaska WingNut" <AlaskaWingNut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDF2B8F4-2C13-4681-9DBF-B9E0ED639BEC@microsoft.com... > In a word document, How can I get the comment ballon to NOT display the > word > COMMENT? I onl...

How do I powerpoint a text inside of a nail?
I want to create an animated nail that has text inside it that will be points in my presentation. I am using microsoft powerpoint 2003. Hi, Can you insert an image of a nail and put the text in a text box on top of it? -- Regards, Glen Millar Microsoft PPT MVP Tutorials and PowerPoint animations: www.pptworkbench.com glen at pptworkbench dot com "Pastor Mike" <Pastor Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1A88009-FB6D-43B4-BE10-5851B4226B2F@microsoft.com... > I want to create an animated nail that has text inside it that will ...

cross-hatches appearing in place of text
I'm sure it's something simple, but what's causing a block of teext I'm copying-and-pasting into a wide cell to turn into cross-hatches? I've tried setting the alignment to Top and Left, and adjusting the cell's size, but the text keeps popping up with only a line displaying, or as the line of cross-hatches. Kevin check a) the format for the cell and b) the length of the text in the cell. First, try setting the format for the cell to General. If the cell is formatted as Text and has more than 255 characters in it, it will display as ###...### Regards Trevor &...

How do I stop text from automatically filling another text box?
When I type in one box, the same text appears in another box. How do I unlink them? Someone answered my questions but the link isn't working so I can't see the response. Please answer again. Edit, Undo Synchronize. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:650076B3-99E6-4043-993C-7171FA4D0396@microsoft.com... > When I type in one box, the same text appears in another box. How do I > unlink them? > > Someone answered my...

Text box scroll from record to record
Hi, I have a screen that shows records from a table. Next to each record is a command button to edit each record. If I click on the edit button a new window opens showing the fields for the record selected. In that window I have a text box. Sometimes, if I'm in that text box and scroll using the wheel on the mouse the data displayed will change from record to record from my table. Can someone tell my why this is happening? I'm running Access 2000 Thanks, -- Phil Its an annoying feature of Access, which while occasionally useful, is more often a PITA. You'll...

Multiple Qualifiers
I am trying to do a Count to get the number of locations that have a total of >= 22 This is the incorrect formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!$F$1:$F$19272=51160),--(Data!$S$1:$S$19272>=22)), my desired answer would be 1, or 50% Column F Column D 51160 34 51160 20 230 10 230 62 20 28 The second part of your column, according to your example should refer to column D, not S. But if the smaller numbers really are in S, then you need to examine both columns and make sure the numbers are really numbers, and not text. Your ...

Display apostrophe in Combo Box
I have a combo box which displays the employee names from a table. Users select an entry to "reassign" a unit of work to another individual. There are several employees with apostrophies in their name. The name appears without the apostrophe in the combo box, so when work is reassigned, it displays the name differently than when updated from any other process. Example: Audit trail updates show the individual as "O'Connor" but updates using the combo box show "OConnor". Is there any way, without using code to load the combox, to display the correct name...

Drop Down boxes #10
I would like to put some drop down boxes in an excel spreadsheet to show the way it would look in another program, but am having trouble getting them to either add the extra items, or show once I think I have it entered right! the box I want to add either has names or categories... I took one out of the program I am emulating, but when I do it in excel I don't get the same options (ie Display values) does anyone know what needs to be entered/changed and where??? Kelly Hi what drop down boxes are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kelly" <anonymo...

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

stop extra spaces in text? Word xp. formated font/para ok
I'm using a C.V. template, word xp 2003, when I press the space bar, the whole text moves, and I cannot correct this. I've tried font and paragraph formatting. It's now happening in another template, sometimes I add a word, and again the text spaces increase ruining the document. I would be very grateful for any help. I need to get my C.V. in the post asap, but I've opened word, and am trying to copy/paste into it as a last resort. HELP! Kind Regards, What do you mean by "the whole text moves"? What "text spaces" increase? On Apr 27, 11:20...

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

Sequence Not populated for the MO Numbers during Data Collection
When data collection is done for the MO Numbers by using the Data Collection Window under Manufaturing, the Sequnce look up does not show the whole list, it only shows NOTES, for the user to select and enter the necessary data. why does this happen in the case of some MO Numbers and in the others it shows all the sequnces as NOTES,MAKE READY, PRESS RUN, WASH UP, MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, REWIND/INSPECTION, etc. Any information would be much appreciated -- Thanks AshaM It should show all of the router steps. Are some of your steps possibly marked to backflush labor? These steps would not...

Format Text in spreadsheet based on text?
I have a really bad spreadsheet that I am unable to sort or create a list out of without doing a bunch of manual editing so I was thinking that if I could highlight certain text with a different font, color, bold or whatever that would be good enough so I can visually make out the data I need and ignore the rest. Any way of doing that which is simple, quick and a few clicks away? James, You can use conditional formatting to change cell fill colors, font attributes and borders based on the contents of the cell (or other cells, such as in the same row). You have three conditios you can s...

Memo indent by record
Is it possible to indent specific records in a memo field based on the input in related field in the record? If so, what coding is needed? Sample data: txtSectionNo memSectionParagraph 1 Sample text for the section header 1.1 Sample text for the subsection 1.1.1 Sample text for the sub-subsection 2 Sample text for next section 2.1 Sample text for sect 2 subsection In general, what I'm trying to do is simulate section bullets. Thank you. On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 0...

record search with combo box.
I have three combo boxes on a form. In order, each allow my to pick data that narrows the search and options in the next. Based on the options picked in each, data is returned in a subform. Is it possible on the third combo box to search on the results. Example; combo box results may list "HP Deskjet 820/830C/832C/850C/855/870/880/882/890/895 Series" in the drop down, but I would like to type in 820 and have the results display in the subform. Thanks Martin Green has some excellent stuff on combo box search functions at www.fontstuff.com or I'm sure allen browne ...

Return a date range based on today's date
I need to build a query (to be used for eternity) to return records for dates between 01 July (the year prior) and 30 Jun (the current year) based on the date when the query is run. Is this possible? Take a look at the DateSerial() function in Access HELP. It should provide you the mechanism for doing what you're describing. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code o...

how do populate empty cells with the contents of populated cells .
I have this worksheet problem. The work sheet is thousands of rows long. One of my columns has cells not populated. I would like to get any empty cell in this column to populate itself with the contents of the next populated cell below it? Kind of a "find and replace" action where by an empty cell says to it self;"I'm going fill myself in with the next thing I find below me" I would greatly appreciate if someone can relate how to do this. Thanks Jim, Select the column, use Edit | Go To... Special , Blanks, OK. Then type an equal sign, press the down arrow...

####### within a wrap text cell.
I have merged cells and wrap text (all text) and when gone back to the cell and added text, the cell display "##########" accross the merged cell and prints the same thing. What is happening and how can I fix it? cell isn't big enough... either make the font of that cell smaller, or increase the size. "OrlandoJayHu" wrote: > I have merged cells and wrap text (all text) and when gone back to the cell > and added text, the cell display "##########" accross the merged cell and > prints the same thing. What is happening and how can I fix it? Tr...

How to combine multiple org chart files into one Visio doc?
I am new to Visio. I would like to create one document with many pages (created from Excel sheet data/Org Chart Wizard Feature). What is the best way to do this? This is one way, perhaps not the best, in Visio 2007, you can start a new drawing using the Org Chart Wizard: (Tool Bar)>File>New>Business>Org Chart Wizard. Follow the directions are you create a chart on Page-1. You may rename the page if you like. Then, for each succeeding chart import, you need to add a new page: (Tool Bar)>Insert>New Page. For each new page, you can import the new org chart using...

Autoplay for Pictures Not Populated
I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For Video, Music and Mixed content the options are there but not for Pictures - it is just blank. I have tried running autofix.exe but this has not fixed it. Any ideas? Is this a Microsoft problem or has something else caused this? It worked fine until today. Thanks. Peachypumpkin wrote: > I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay > pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For > Video, Music and Mi...

Add New Record 02-20-08
I created a Form / Subform using Access wizrd. I want to be able to go to a new record on the Form when I hit enter on a control on the subform - which will goto a new blank record on the Form & Subform. Do I do this in Code and how would I do this? My VB skills from 1-10 (10=expert) is about 3-4. -- Gator Docmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acNewRec -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Gator" wrote: > I created a Form / Subform using Access wizrd. I want to be able to go to a > new record on the Form when I hit enter on a control on the subform - which > w...

text to voice in EXCEL 2007
How do I activate Text to voice in EXCEL 2007. I have no trouble in Office 2003...but no luck so far in 2007 Yhanks Try this....Click on the Office Button in the upper left hand corner. Click on Excel Options. Click Customize. In the "Choose Commands From:" drop down box you can choose "All Commands". Scroll down to "Speak Cells". Add the speak cell commands to the Quick Access Toolbar. FYI: If you go into the windows control panel and go into Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices, then click on Speech, you can select one of three different computer voi...

City and State Populated by Zip Code
Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated? I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/). This is more than just Zip Code/City&State. It's a full address validator along with streamlined data entry. They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up and it seems to work fairly smoothly. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wr...