Pass multiple selected values from list box to table

How do I pass multiple selected values from a list box to a table?
I've found code to use the values as criteria in a query but would now
like to store the values in a table (at least temporarily)
thanks in advance.
jack
0
Jack

Pass selected values from a list box to a table?  I don't really think you
want to do this.  Can you describe more about what you are trying to
accomplish?

You just store raw data in a table.  You don't store manipulated data in a
table.  Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do...

--
Ryan---

"Jack" wrote:

> How do I pass multiple selected values from a list box to a table?
> I've found code to use the values as criteria in a query but would now
> like to store the values in a table (at least temporarily)
> thanks in advance.
> jack
> .

Hi Ryan,

Well, I want to use form with 4 or potentially more multiple selection
listboxes to select values to be used as criteria for different
columns in a query.

I found the following example to use values from a listbox as criteria
which worked well with one listbox: http://www.databasedev.co.uk/query_usin=
g_listbox.html
But I couldn't find out how to apply the same for multiple listboxes
and came across the following: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=3D1927.
It seemed an easier way but therefore I neeed to know how to populate
the mentioned temporary tables.

So maybe it's better to rephrase my question: How can I make the query
work for multiple listboxes?

The above probably shows that I'm completely new to this...
Thanks in advance

Regards,

jack

On 11 mei, 17:21, ryguy7272 <ryguy7...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Pass selected values from a list box to a table? =A0I don't really think =
you
> want to do this. =A0Can you describe more about what you are trying to
> accomplish?
>
> You just store raw data in a table. =A0You don't store manipulated data i=
n a
> table. =A0Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do...
>
> --
> Ryan---
> If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''=
..

0
Kleber
5/11/2010 3:42:11 PM
Here ya go:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut18.htm
Download the file at the bottom of this page:

'AccessAndSQL5_2000.zip  [122KB]'

Good luck with the project!!  Sounds exciting!!

--
Ryan---

On 11 mei, 19:42, ryguy7272 <ryguy7...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Here ya go:http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut18.htm
> Download the file at the bottom of this page:
>
> 'AccessAndSQL5_2000.zip =A0[122KB]'
>
> Good luck with the project!! =A0Sounds exciting!!
>
> --
> Ryan---
> If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''=
..

> "Kleber" wrote:
> > Hi Ryan,
>
> > Well, I want to use form with 4 or potentially more multiple selection
> > listboxes to select values to be used as criteria for different
> > columns in a query.
>
> > I found the following example to use values from a listbox as criteria
> > which worked well with one listbox:http://www.databasedev.co.uk/query_u=
sing_listbox.html
> > But I couldn't find out how to apply the same for multiple listboxes
> > and came across the following:http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=3D19=
27.
> > It seemed an easier way but therefore I neeed to know how to populate
> > the mentioned temporary tables.
>
> > So maybe it's better to rephrase my question: How can I make the query
> > work for multiple listboxes?
>
> > The above probably shows that I'm completely new to this...
> > Thanks in advance
>
> > Regards,
>
> > jack
Thanks a lot!

> > On 11 mei, 17:21, ryguy7272 <ryguy7...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Pass selected values from a list box to a table? =A0I don't really th=
ink you
> > > want to do this. =A0Can you describe more about what you are trying t=
> > > accomplish?
>
> > > You just store raw data in a table. =A0You don't store manipulated da=
ta in a
> > > table. =A0Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do...
>
> > > --
> > > Ryan---
> > > If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Y=
es''..

> > .

0
Jack
5/13/2010 8:19:47 AM
Please give some feedback if I helped you.
Thanks!

--
Ryan---

"Jack" wrote:

> On 11 mei, 19:42, ryguy7272 <ryguy7...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Here ya go:http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut18.htm
> > Download the file at the bottom of this page:
> >
> > 'AccessAndSQL5_2000.zip  [122KB]'
> >
> > Good luck with the project!!  Sounds exciting!!
> >
> > --
> > Ryan---
> > If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''..
> >
> > "Kleber" wrote:
> > > Hi Ryan,
> >
> > > Well, I want to use form with 4 or potentially more multiple selection
> > > listboxes to select values to be used as criteria for different
> > > columns in a query.
> >
> > > I found the following example to use values from a listbox as criteria
> > > which worked well with one listbox:http://www.databasedev.co.uk/query_using_listbox.html
> > > But I couldn't find out how to apply the same for multiple listboxes
> > > and came across the following:http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=1927.
> > > It seemed an easier way but therefore I neeed to know how to populate
> > > the mentioned temporary tables.
> >
> > > So maybe it's better to rephrase my question: How can I make the query
> > > work for multiple listboxes?
> >
> > > The above probably shows that I'm completely new to this...
> > > Thanks in advance
> >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > > jack
> Thanks a lot!

> > > .
>
> .

Avoid drawing blank values
Hello, Can you tell me if there is a way to plot only non-blanked values from a table: F.e. if: X= 1,2,3,4 Y=10, ,10,10 (so no value for x=2) I want to obtain a continuous line going from the first point (1,10) to the third point (3,10) and then of course to (4,10). Thanks in advance for your help, Iv´┐Żn ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:52:34 -0500, ivarela1 = <ivarela1.woqln@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > Can you t...

Is It Possible To Pass Parameters to A Pass Through Query
My assumption is that's it's not. At work I use ODBC to connect to our oracle database with Access 2003. There are cases where using a pass through query runs much much faster and I then use it in a make table query to make a local table. In access you can use brackets [] to have it ask for input. May I assume there is no way to do anything like that in a pass through query? Create a PassThrough query and use code to assign the SQL to this query filtering it with a parameter, and then run it e.g Dim MyVariable As Integer MyVariable = InputBox("Please select a Number&quo...

How to refresh multiple users buffers
We have a networked Access 2003 application (.adp) with a SQL Server 2000 backend. Changes made by one user to a data row are not visible to another user viewing the same row unless both users quit the application. I presume this is some type of buffer situation, where both users get complete buffers (copies) of the data(base) when they launch the application. And then when the first user moves off the updated row, the second user's buffer is not automatically updated. Is my analysis close to correct? Is there any way to force or accomplish a refresh of one or many user's...

Multiple Approvers in Business Portal / Requisition
Hi, Has anybody successfully been able to add multiple hierarchys in BP/ Req? What I mean is that I would like to use Roles for approval in Business Portal. I would like the hierarchy to include levels for each office (of which we have over 50). Something like this: Req Admin Req Purchaser Office#1 Approver Office#1 Creator Office#2 Approver Office #2 Creator Office#3 Approver Office #3 Creator Something like that. I've created new roles for the office approvers; but the workflow doesn't work. Any id...

Pivot Table Help 04-05-10
I have 2 columns in my pivot table (Columns F - "% of total return $" and Column G - "% of sales for 2009") that is taking information from column C -"Net Return Dollars". I've made the pivot table to make column A of the table represent the Return Reasons and I've placed the sales numbers in a column of its own in the source data, but no in the pivot table itself. Here's the problem: I'm able to use the "% Of" function to figure out Column F which is based off of the total in column C (by return reason). But, I'm hav...

Multiple Registers
Hi and thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I recently bought Microsoft Dynamic RMS software with all hardware, I have then built another pos system, scanner printer etc. I want to have 2 POS systems, working through the same database. I have added a new register to the store operations manager, register #2, the new pos system works, i.e. It shares the same database and adds to the database etc, the individual components work ok, but when I come to use it as a POS it looks to register #1, as you can see via the attachment all components are logged as register #2, register #2 t...

Multiple offices
I landed at a company that has been growing without any organization. As it stands there are several offices that operate independently, and I've been given the task of unifying them in respect to email. Info: 3 or 4 main offices (3 with 20 users, and the HQ with 50 users) 4 small remote offices (3-5 users) 12 remote salespeople Existing SBS 2003 at 2 main offices (HQ and another) on their own AD domains I need to accomplish the following: 1. Create a single email domain namespace for all locations 2. Create a single global address book for all locations I figure that for the 4 small r...

comma separated list
Hello, I have a table, "tblEmail" that contains email addresses "primaryEmail." I would like to create a report that lists out all emails in a comma separated list. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance! This function should get you started. Create a new module and name it something like basBulkEMail (just don't give it the same name as any existing subroutine or function). You may need to add a reference (Tools > References) to the "Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library", if you do not already have this library selected. After saving the modu...

address lists and signatures
Hi, 1. I have created a new regional contacts list in exchange 2003 systems manager under the root All Contacts list. When I open outlook to create a new email the regional contacts list is not showing. Any ideas? 2. Is it possible to set a company logo on all users outgoing email messages? we are currently using Exchage\Outlook 2003. I know I could setup this on an individual basis through signatures but to do it this way for 500 users is not worth thinking about. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 04:41:26 -0800, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >1. I have cre...

row fields in pivot tables
I was wondering if you could answer a question about formating information on Pivot Table spreadsheets in Excel. You know how one can alloacte column headings in the pivot table layout to either Page , Row, Column, or Data. Well, when you assign more than one column heading to Row it creates a hierarchy of levels on different rows. How does one get it not to do this so you can have this information on the same row? Please reply when you get a chance. Thank you. Best Wishes, Saeed I don't think you can and still keep it a pivottable. I copy the sheet and then fix that up the w...

List wallpapers Windows XP & Vista
http://www.freezewall.com/w/Windows//OW039">Windows Vista - 1 (20) http://www.freezewall.com/w/Windows//OW040">Windows Vista - 2 (20) http://www.freezewall.com/w/Windows//OW001">Windows XP - 1 (20) http://www.freezewall.com/w/Windows//OW010">Windows XP - 10 (20) http://www.freezewall.com/w/Windows//OW011">Windows XP - 11 (20) http://www.freezewall.com/w/Windows//OW012">Windows XP - 12 (20) http://www.freezewall.com/w/Windows//OW013">Windows XP - 13 (20) http://www.freezewall.com/w/Windows//OW014">Window...

save split table in word
I am in word; after I split the window, I need to save but it won't let me. How do I save the split window in word? "Split window" is something that doesn't get saved when you close your document. On Feb 3, 11:49=A0am, chellehicks <chellehi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am in word; after I split the window, I need to save but it won't let m= e. =A0 > How do I save the split window in word? ...

Exchange 2003 send multiple copies of same email to clients!
I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003. It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2 things and think they are related. Firts if there is no subject for email being recieved it will hang on that email and never download to client using OutLook or Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal. Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of the same email. I have one now that has four copies and everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy. Any help as always appreci...

Setting a value on a main form from a subform
All, Am I correct in assuming the way to set the value of a control on the main form from a subform is: Me.Parent.ControlName.Value = "XXX" Obviously it isn't because I continue to receive errors when I try to access the control. Thanks in advance. - CES CES wrote: > All, > Am I correct in assuming the way to set the value of a control on the > main form from a subform is: > > Me.Parent.ControlName.Value = "XXX" > > Obviously it isn't because I continue to receive errors when I try to > access the control. > > Thanks in advance...

Formula to determine row of hi value filtered column
Hi all Trying to see if its possible for a formula to return the row # of the highest or lowest visible value in an autofiltered range. Thanks Richard -- rgarber50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401821 ...

How to pass an object from C++
Hello! We have a C# asp.net web application that is using a COM dll We use the tlbimp to be able to use the COM dll from C# asp.net web application The method InitRules shown below is located in the COM dll. It can be seen below the text Original. Method InitRules below is called from C# but we want to pass an object of type Handle_DS in addition to all the other parameters. You can see the modified InitRules below marked Modified Note the object of type Handle_DS is a C++ object that is created from C# asp.net application and pass into the InitRules I have also copied the whole idl fil...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

multiple .pst folders
I'm using Outlook 2003, running Windows XP Pro. For some reason I have three Personal Folders files going -- and all of them get new incoming messages and reflect current sent messages. I have heard that is because my .pst folder is corrupt - does anyone know how to fix? Thanks! Nope, your profile is corrupt. Create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles To access your current pst-file in the new profile; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the default delivery location; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-&...

PivotTable buttons remembers old unactual values
I have discovered that buttons in the row area remembers old values not longer existing in the data. Ex: I have 4 persons with initials "aaa", "bbb", "ccc" and "ddd" I have the Initial button in the row area. When I click on the arrow of the "Initial"-button, it gives me the possibilities: "(Show all)", "aaa", "bbb", "ccc" and "ddd". If I change initial "ddd" to "xxx", refresh the pivot table and again click on the arrow of the "Initial"-button, it gives me the p...

MS MONEY 05 What can ya do if your bank isn't listed?
Just started using MS Money 2005. Put in some credit cards, etc. No prob. Went looking for my bank in the list of banks -- not there. What recourses do i have? Is there some way to manage to getting my bank listed. Is there a way to put in the bank's routing number and access it that way? Any Ideas? Thanks, Bill WHat do you want to do online with the bank? There are many banks which offer one-way updates via their website and haven't put themselves on the list you're referring to. -- Michael Gordon MVP "bill" <billk_york@yahoo.com> wrote in message new...

Delete Multiple Payees
I have a number of payees I would like to delete from my payee list. Some of them haven't been used in years. It would take an enormous amount of time to delete each of them one by one. Is there a quick way to delete a group of them all at one time? MS Money 2006 Standard, Windows XP Home Edition. Thanks, Sadly, no. "Hans36" <RWH36@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23eOJywP3HHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a number of payees I would like to delete from my payee list. Some >of them haven't been used in years. It would take an enormous amount of...

Cutting guides for multiple business cards per page
How do I add marks on the printer page for multiple copies of business cards so that after printing I have guides for cutting the cards. I am printing 10 cards per page on 8.5"x11" cardstock - 2 columns and 5 rows. I need some kind of guides in order to cut out the cards neatly. I am using MS Publisher 2003. I tried checking Crop Marks under Advanced Printer Settings but that doesn't give me the marks I need per card for on the page to insure an accurate cut out of each card. -- dlgundy You would be doing yourself a big favor if you just purchased pre-scored cardsto...

Pass multiple selected values from list box to table
How do I pass multiple selected values from a list box to a table? I've found code to use the values as criteria in a query but would now like to store the values in a table (at least temporarily) thanks in advance. jack Pass selected values from a list box to a table? I don't really think you want to do this. Can you describe more about what you are trying to accomplish? You just store raw data in a table. You don't store manipulated data in a table. Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do... -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indi...

Make multiple new sheets at the same time?
Is there any way to make multiple new spreadsheets at one time in Excel I think its Office 97 or 98. I need to make one separate sheet for eac day of the year and I dont fancy making 365 sheets one at a time Cheers, Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You group the sheets by doing this: Right click on the sheet tab and then left click on Select All Sheets. The sheets are now grouped and whatever action you do on the visible sheet will be done on all sheets that are grouped. Remember to ungroup when you want to do something to just one sheet. --- Message posted from http...

New mailbox is not displayed in the Global Address List.
One of our clients recently called concerning a problem with their Exchange Server 2003 implementation and adding new users. Basically anytime they add a new user or distribution group it does not show up in the Global Address List and are unable to setup the account through the local Outlook client. When you try and setup outlook you get the message "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." They can access email through OWA but cannot get the Outlook client configured or name added to Global Address list. I found t...