OLE, INK and Reports

Hello everyone, here is my problem.

In my app I have 7 spots where a signature can be required.  They are all
OLE controls that when they get the focus they are scaled in size, 4 x, when
you double click the control paint is opened and an existing empty bmp is
opened so you can sign your name.  When the control loses focus it returns to
it's original size.  I also have 3 OLE controls that when double clicked they
open an Exel template file.  In this Excel file all tool bars except for the
drawing tool bar are invisible.  These controls are used for drawing
sketches.  So I have 10 OLE fields that embed the signature and drawings in
the db as bitmaps and Excel worksheets.  Some of these fields are then pulled
together in to various reports which you can print or save as pdf's.

As I am relatively new to programming and Access does not have a picture box
control like vb to draw in an OLE control was the only way I could think of
to get the signatures and drawings in to my app.  My app works fine but I
feel that OLE fields are too cumbersome and make my app look kinda cheap.
Everyone that uses it think it works great but don't like the signature and
drawing parts.  So my foreman went and bought a Bamboo tablet and wants me to
incorporate using it in my app for the drawing and the signature.

This is where my problem starts.  INK.

I had no idea on how I was going to get it to work.  I got the handwriting
recognition toolbar to be visible.  After looking through the various other
controls that can be used I found Microsoft’s InkEdit and InkPicture control.
 I created a dummy db to practice using these controls.  I placed them on a
form and set them to the predefined sizes of the controls that are in my app.
 I set a few of the properties I could figure out.  I can get the ink
controls to save the signature and the drawing but it scales the signature
down to a font size of  8.9 and it is unreadable.  When I go from record to
record each record has a different signature and drawing as it should.  I
created a report to view the signatures and drawings but I can't view them no
matter what I do.  I went to the table and the OLE field which normally was
saved as a bmp or Excel worksheet is now Long Binary Data.

I have looked on the internet for info on "Blobs" and "Ink" and how to use
them but I can't find the info on how to use them.  I have tried the ReadBlob
and WriteBlob on the Microsoft site and got them to work.  I have a hard time
finding any thing.

What I need is to find out how to capture the "INK" properly and store it in
my db.  I then need to be able to bring it onto a report so I can print or
save it to pdf.

Thank you all in advance.  Any help would greatly appreciated.

The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for Wednesday (October 21, 2009)
NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for: Wednesday (October 21, 2009) (Based on the activity of the previous trading day) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty fell moderately on Tuesday (October 20, 2009) a net 27.35 points (0.53%) and closed at the 5114 point level. The market opened up and continued so until 10:18 hours when it reached its day high at 5181 points. Then it fell and turned into a range bound movement until closing at the day. The market moved in a range of 77 points. Sentiment turned bearish in the latter half of ...

Insert Table in Report
This may sound like a very dumb question, but is there a way to insert a table in a report and have various fields displayed in the cells within the table? Thanks so much! -- Thanks! Dee Dee I'm not tracking on what you want to achieve... If you have a table (*or tables*) of data, and if you create a query that returns the data you wish to see, you can create a report to print out those values. What do you mean by "displayed in the cells within the table"? What table? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Payroll reports
Is there a way to get a report of the hours indvidual HOURS WORKED BY EACH EMPLOYEE BY DEPARTMANT FOR A SINGLE PAY PERIOD -- DJohnson You could use the "Employee Wage and Hour" report and modify it to sort and group by department. The department code is included in the main table. "DJohnson" wrote: > Is there a way to get a report of the hours indvidual HOURS WORKED BY EACH > EMPLOYEE BY DEPARTMANT FOR A SINGLE PAY PERIOD > -- > DJohnson You could also use SmartList to export the pay code records from the Payroll Historical Transactions folder and th...

2 columns reports
I have a report which only need half of the pages and would like to have first half on the left and others on the right of report to save some papers. Does MS Access support a report has 2 columns or I need 2 sub report one query has top 50 percent on left sub report and others on right sub report. Any suggestions are appreciated, Inung iccsi wrote: > I have a report which only need half of the pages and would like to > have first half on the left and others on the right of report to save > some papers. > > Does MS Access support a report has 2 columns o...

Advanced Financial Reports
I want to setup a statement of Retained Earnings Report using Advanced Financials as per the client need. when i go to Advanced Financial Report Defenition window, I found no options for 'Net Income/Loss Source' under statement of RE. where do i need to setup 'P&L statment' which is used for Statment of Retained Earnings under Advanced Financial Reports Defenition window. I am on a new GP Installation. Do i need to register any module? Thanks in Advance, Arun. You need to set up a P&L type report in the same place where you are trying to create the statem...

Reports print wider than page
How can I get the reports to print on one page? even when I select landscape, it still goes over the border. I'd like to be able to print on portrait orienation; there's an aweful lot of wasted space in landscape mode. I'm running 2001 standard. Thanks! Most of the report customizations let you pick narrower formats. You can also pick a narrower font like Arial Narrow. "Greg Watson" <watsonsg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:100101c37241$faeea390$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I get the reports to print on one page? even when > I select landscape, ...

Microsoft Error Report on OneNote 2010 Beta: Detail Included
Microsoft Office 2010 Beta OneNote One original notebook and several of the included templates Original notebook is password protected. On startup of OneNote 2010, the first page of the original notebook appears, along with the grey screen where you are supposed to click to enter your password. Before I get a chance to click to enter the password, the following message appears: Microsoft OneNote has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The information you were working on might be lost. Microsoft OneNote can try to recover it f...

OLE Program Error
When trying to edit a WordArt object that worked properly in the past now receives the following error message and cannot be opened for editing. Error Message: Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE program server program to complete this task. What can be done to aleviate this error? I have gone through the support database and it is way above my head. I'm wondering if it has to do with any MS updates? If any of you are able to assist, it would be deeply appreciated. It would be helpful to know the version of Publisher you are using. There are different solutions for ...

Report PO Changes.
Hi, How can I view all changes made to PO? Like inquiry (smartlist) or report... When I send a PO to vendor, several changes occurs. I need to know if there is a way to follow all changes that happens after that moment. For example, if term conditions changes, shippment date change, qty changes, etc... All changes reflected in a report step by step... At this moment, I only have a PO report that show the lastes changes and indicate that, but don´t show a prior situations. Any help? Thanks, -- Evelin. The POP module does not log changes that are made to a P.O. You would have ...

OLE
I have a table with fields (Id primary key) and (d_object OLE) The field d_Object contain (data base) as OLE Dear all I want to use VBA To Copy OLE from the table and put it in specific place on my H.D (D:\) for example Is This possible Note this posts also post to table design Thank you It's "Blobs" you want to know about, (binary long objects or somethikng like that.) Its a complex procedure about opening a file for writing, and insterting the blob. I didn't understand it when I tried (to read blobs *in* to OLE) go google "write OLE Blob" or look for...

Reports not availble on ssms
Hello Gurus, Here is a situation I have versions of SQL from 2000 to 2008 in both the 2005 and 2008 version of ssms I can not see the report section when right clicking on a database in SSMS. However I can view these reports when I RDC into the server using the exact same windows credentials?? Is there something missing on my client tool that would cause this? or What?? help! Wisord *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

SRS Sub Reports in POS 2009
What do you have to do to make SRS reports with sub reports work in POS 2009? The main report works but displays an error on the areas where the sub report information should appear. ...

report by transaction
I need to get a report at the end of the day as a CSV file "excel" for each transaction with tax and items sold ect. when i run a sales report it does not bring the tax Please help ...

Collapse a report
I just finished a custom report, but I want it to default to the collapsed view. Is there a way to do that? after you generate the report, collapse it and the memorize it. the next time you generate that memorized report it will open collapsed. Craig "Rick@ASP" <RickASP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E20535CF-AE5E-4C60-90CE-9802FAA2FBAB@microsoft.com... >I just finished a custom report, but I want it to default to the collapsed > view. Is there a way to do that? It didn't work. The memorized one looks just like the original. ...

Detailed Sales Report using Report writer
Hi i am trying to prepare a Detailed Sales Report using Report writer with the following Detailes(Sales Person ID, Doc No, Date, Customer name, Item Number, Amount) and perform some calculations upon those those reports i would like to get and information if any one has done such a report ...

Report not reporting correctly
Created a report from a Query, the report has all the information, but some of the associations are incorrect. ie. [PO#] in some cases my be with the wrong [Vendor]. all other fields are correct. What could be causing this error and how may I fix it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Thanks Jerry, will be sure to try that "Jerry Whittle" wrote: > The query looks straight forward the best that I can tell. That pretty much > leave bad data entry as the problem. > > Run the report again and jot down the records that seem to be incor...

Generating report by name ID
I am trying to generate reports for each unique Person in my database tables. How can I write a query that produces a report for eahc ID on a separate page without having to write a query for each UserID (my unique identifier)? Table 1: NameID, LastName, FirstName Table 2: NameID, FiscalWeek, Amount Thanks, Mike You can set the sorting and grouping to NameID and update the group header or footer to force a new page before or after. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "michael_quackenbush@yahoo.com" wrote: > I am trying to generate reports for each unique Person in my d...

MY OLE stopped working?
Until recently My Corel Photo Shop 6 program was integrated with outlook so that if I wanted to "Email" a picture, Corel would open a new Email message with the desired file(s) as an attachment. As of today, I get a "Not Implemented" message from Outlook, and then some weird error messages. Strangely enough, the message is created and is sitting in the "outbox" with no addresses, so it never leaves, so I can close the session, open the email and edit the address and everything works fine... but why did something "break". Thanks Ooops, oh yea......

screenshot changed to text: OLE-object: Picture
Hello, One of our users sent an RTF email with two pasted screenshots. When forwarding or replying, the first screenshot is replaced with the text: << OLE-object: Picture (Metafile) >> The second screenshot is replaced by the text: << OLE-object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> In previous cases I always told the person who complained to tell the sender that he has to attach, not paste, the screenshots. But in this case I was asked to investigate the issue. I am quite sure that it is impossible for the receiver to prevent the change from image to text. I hav...

Bringing sub totals from Sub Report to Main Report
I've read posts that come close to solving this but I can't get it to work. I simply have a report that reports on towns, the farmers that live in that town and the acres they grow of different crops. I want to summarize the total acres that each farmer grows and the total acres of each town. ---TOWN ONE----------------------------------------- --------FARMER1-------------------------------------- -------------WHEAT 100 Acres------ -------------CORN 300 Acres------ -----------------FARMER1 ACRES 400 Acres------ --------FARMER2--------...

Encumbrance reporting
We want to activate encumbrances. My question, is how can we get a report out of the system once the encumbrances are in the the system. The format of the report i am looking for should be: Acct Desc M-T-D Actual Y-T-D Actual Y-T-D Encumbrance Y-T-D Budget Which reporting tool will allow me to accomplish this? FRx? Thanks ...

Problems with Crystal Reports
Hi everyone We are currently encountering a problem with Crystal Reports on MSCRM. Launching one takes about 10-15 seconds before data is displayed (even if only 1 record is retrieved). The standard Accounts reports are worse, we get a Timed Out error everytime. We are deploying MSCRM on 2 servers - CRM Server has dual procs and 1GB RAM. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards. Hon Having Crystal reports in CRM 1.0 timeout is a known bug. (Happens after you try to retrieve more than about 10K records.) There is a private hotfix. It will also be fi...

Getting data into Excel cells for OLE objects retuened from Access
Hello all, I have a MS Query in Excel filtering and retrieving relevant data from MS Access. When the data returns, all BUT the column which refers to a OLE object datatype in Access returns values. What should I set the format in Excel to see the OLE objects dynamically. Thanks AFAIK, that is not possible. Sorry. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <0dce01c3db7e$ba637bb0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hello all, &...

Those who report on the weather are also sick
I have also read posts about the weather in their windy city. This is so stupid. I think the poster has many mental issues and needs to seek psychiatric help right away. If they can't get help on their own, they should ask someone to help them seek out the help so they can get better. What a weird world. ...

Using results of DLookup in report
I have a very simple report where I use DLookup to find the value of a field (tax rate) and then I want to use this field to 'create' another field - =Sum([Donation]*(1+[CurrTaxRate])) wher CurrTaxRate is the DLookup field. However, it does not look like Access allows this. There is no direct link between the table with the Donations and the Tax Rate table - I am using a donation date to be between a start/end date range to get the tax rate. Any help greatly appreciate. "Rose B" <RoseB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D7FF4E5-4CA7-4B25-A77A-2...