OLE, INK and Reports

Hello everyone, here is my problem.

In my app I have 7 spots where a signature can be required.  They are all
OLE controls that when they get the focus they are scaled in size, 4 x, when
you double click the control paint is opened and an existing empty bmp is
opened so you can sign your name.  When the control loses focus it returns to
it's original size.  I also have 3 OLE controls that when double clicked they
open an Exel template file.  In this Excel file all tool bars except for the
drawing tool bar are invisible.  These controls are used for drawing
sketches.  So I have 10 OLE fields that embed the signature and drawings in
the db as bitmaps and Excel worksheets.  Some of these fields are then pulled
together in to various reports which you can print or save as pdf's.

As I am relatively new to programming and Access does not have a picture box
control like vb to draw in an OLE control was the only way I could think of
to get the signatures and drawings in to my app.  My app works fine but I
feel that OLE fields are too cumbersome and make my app look kinda cheap.
Everyone that uses it think it works great but don't like the signature and
drawing parts.  So my foreman went and bought a Bamboo tablet and wants me to
incorporate using it in my app for the drawing and the signature.

This is where my problem starts.  INK.

I had no idea on how I was going to get it to work.  I got the handwriting
recognition toolbar to be visible.  After looking through the various other
controls that can be used I found Microsoft’s InkEdit and InkPicture control.
 I created a dummy db to practice using these controls.  I placed them on a
form and set them to the predefined sizes of the controls that are in my app.
 I set a few of the properties I could figure out.  I can get the ink
controls to save the signature and the drawing but it scales the signature
down to a font size of  8.9 and it is unreadable.  When I go from record to
record each record has a different signature and drawing as it should.  I
created a report to view the signatures and drawings but I can't view them no
matter what I do.  I went to the table and the OLE field which normally was
saved as a bmp or Excel worksheet is now Long Binary Data.

I have looked on the internet for info on "Blobs" and "Ink" and how to use
them but I can't find the info on how to use them.  I have tried the ReadBlob
and WriteBlob on the Microsoft site and got them to work.  I have a hard time
finding any thing.

What I need is to find out how to capture the "INK" properly and store it in
my db.  I then need to be able to bring it onto a report so I can print or
save it to pdf.

Thank you all in advance.  Any help would greatly appreciated.

Database changes from 1.3 to 2.0 affecting custom reports
I just installed an upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0. The customer has some custom reports that worked fine in 1.3, but don't run anymore in 2.0. I suspect that some of the table or field names are not the same. When we try and run one of the custom reports we get this error: Alter Table VIEWSTOREQTY and Alter Column DAYOFYEAR DATETIME" Then when I hit OK, I get this additional message "(5) Invalid Procedure call or argument." I have a copy of the custom report, but don't know how to identify which table names or fields have changed. Where would I find a list of tabl...

Help Writing Individual Reports
I apologize for this question, but I am forgetting much of my Access knowledge: I am trying to generate an individual report to be generated for each person on my payroll database. This report would have their weekly pay, as well as a GrandTotal for year to date earnings (summing up the amounts in the database for each NameID) I currently have two tables in my database for these records: Table 1: NameID, LastName, FirstName Table 2: NameID, FiscalWeek, Amount I would like a report to be generated for each NameID on a separate page. I need help on how I need to generate this report, and ...

Spreadsheet Printing and Displaying on one pc in Blue Ink
One of our users is still having trouble with an Excel spreadsheet. It is printing in blue ink on his pc and black on everyone elses. I modified the spreadsheet cell colors to black instead of automatic and it still prints blue on his. I had him check his palette to make sure black was highlighted as the default color and he said it was. He also told me that he is able to print in black ink using other applications on his PC, so he isn't out of black ink. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken K. - 2191 -- akkrug After discussing with HP Tech Support, We just selected print to graysca...

How do I display the Compatibility Report?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I display the Compatibility Report? I have searched Help and online and cannot find out how to READ the report that was generated when the file was opened. Select Compatibility Report in the View menu then click the Check Document button on the Compatibility Report palette in the Toolbox. However, I believe you may be under a misconception :-) A Compatibility Report isn't generated when you Open a file. It's intended to determine whether any changes you make in the file are likely to be incompa...

RePost Summing Data In A Report
I posted this back on the 16th October with no response, I hope someone can help this time. I am trying to write a report where records are selected for pieces of equipment. In a linked table I record the date and amount of oil added to each piece of equipment. If the oil is completely changed out I record the date of the oil change, the amount of oil added and tick a check box to indicate that the oil was changed. I have a report that shows the details for each piece of equipment. I need to add a sub report to sum the oil added from the last time the oil was changed, not including the ...

FRx Report Manager
I would be interested in hearing of experiences with FRx Reporting Manager. I am also interested in knowing the minimum system requirements. For instance, can FRx Reporting Manager work with Great Plains regardless of which version (Standard or Pro). I don't have an experience relate but I can tell you that Report Manager is only available for GP Professional according to the price list I have. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Paul C" wrote: > I would be interested in hearing of experiences with FRx Reporting Manager. > I am also interested in knowing the minimum syste...

report viewer activex control not visible
hi, when taking a look in internet explorer 6 or 7, i do not see the active x control for the report viewer when having opened any report within microsoft crm 4.0. any idea why? thanks in advance, fritz -- Fritz Theiss ...

Need Reports
Looking for a report that deals with work order's - so I can see what is outstanding, etc... Dan Try the canned HQ report - Quotes/Orders - Work Orders Detailed "Dan-902" wrote: > Looking for a report that deals with work order's - so I can see what is > outstanding, etc... > > Dan > > We can write these if we know the critera your querying. mbcotton@princeton-pos.net "Dan-902" wrote: > Looking for a report that deals with work order's - so I can see what is > outstanding, etc... > > Dan > > ...

Pivot Table Report formatting
Going a little bananas with trying to get a Pivot Table Report to accept the order of the fields as they are in the Pivot Table. It's importing them in ascending order by default, and I can't select Data Source Order from the toolbar's Sort and Top 10/AutoSort options. The "manual" selection is the default, but I don't want to have to drag every field around each time. What's up? The Data Source Order option applies to OLAP source data. For pivot tables built from Excel data, the items are listed in Ascending order when the pivot table is created. If yo...

How to assign value to controls on a Report
I am trying to assign value on a txtbox control from a form to a txtbox control on a report. Form txtbox control:txtBeginDateRange Report txtbox control:txtStartDate reportName = "Report by DR and Vendor" I am have a problem with this line of code Reports![reportName]!txtStartDate = Me.txtBeginDateRange DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, acViewPreview Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Ayo. Answered in another post where you asked the same question. ...

Collections Management Report.pdf Not Available
We are running Great Plains 7.5. In the Documentation\Reports Directory the Collections Management Report.pdf says "This Document Is Not Installed". If I run it from the Online Manuals on the original CD, the same message appears in pdf format, "This Documrnt Is Not Installed" What do I need to do to get a copy of this pdf file on my GP Server? ...

Sales Pineline Detail Report Adding Company Name
Hi All, I want to add Company Name in the front of Opportunity field but I could not find Company Name in DSpipeDetails table. How can I add this field in Report Datasets so that it's avalable to drag and drop on the report design View. This report is Sales Pipeline Detail.rdl Any ideas/help will be appriciations. -Toi ...

OLE Server Error
We have an Access 2003 application on a Citrix server. The app has worked fine for years. One of the most used features is turning queries in the datasheet view into Excel spreadsheets using Tools > Office Links > Analyze it With Microsoft Excel. The app runs as an .mde file. A couple of days ago, users began getting the error: "Application X cannot start the OLE server. .... but the OLE Server may not be registered properly. Reinstall the OLE Server to register it correctly." I do not think it's an application problem, because when I run the app in...

sharing and exchanging modified reports
Is there a collection of modified reports somewhere that GP users can download and tweak. I'm sure the same or similar changes are being made independantly at quite a few different installed sites, it would be nice to have a common resource. Or do you need to be a MS Partner to be heavy into customizing reports? By the way, I've been to the Customer Source site and seen their modified reports, but I was thinking more of a user-contributed collection. What a great suggestion. You should reformulate this on the web site as a suggestion for Microsoft. "RG" <emai...

Problem with report writer.
When I press the Text Tool button and then go to the Report Layout and release I can sometimes add text and other times it does not allow me to do it. I have added text twice and then when I tried to add a thrid text to the same report this started happening. I have exitied the report and then went back in and it still does not let me add text. Any thoguhts to what I am doing wrong. This problem has bothered me for years as I do not use Report writer often and prefer crystal. It sounds like yu are trying to drag the text field over onto the report. While this is the way that Crystal w...

Financial Reporting using Item Class ID
I am currently implementing 8.0. The client would like to set up a COA using only two segments. Segment 1 being the Account XXXXX, and segment two being the sub-account XX (product line) XXXXX - XX They have, for lack of a better term, a sub-sub-account. Or better yet a breakdown of their product lines. So their ten product lines can be broken down into 30+ sub product lines. Can these 30+ sub product lines be set up as Item Class ID's and somehow be linked back to the sub-account code? I realize standard GL reporting doesn't report to the Class ID level, but can I someho...

Move CRM 3.0 Reporting Server
I currently have SRS installed on my CRM database server, and I would like to "move" the CRM reports to another SRS installation on another server. Does anyone have a good understanding of the steps required here? Can I just change the report server URL registry key on the CRM server to point to the new SRS server and use publishreports.exe to publish the CRM reports to the new SRS server? It must be more complicated than that - there must be permission settings, etc. to change on the new SRS server.. Any help would be appreciated!!! hi You might want to refer to this White...

How to have report text shift left ? (Fname MI Lname)
When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left and not be spaced out... Not Like... John A Smith But like... John A. Smith. I looked at properties for the fields on the report but need guidance. thanks for any help. "Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in news:46d33b94$0$6491$4c368faf@roadrunner.com: > When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left > and not be spaced out... > > Not Like... > > John A Smith > > But like... > > John A. Smith. > > ...

Crystal Report Logon Error #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4401F.D104E7E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am getting the following error whenever I try to view a report in MS = CRM 1.2: Crystal Report Logon Error: Please verify you have enough crystal licenses. How do I verify my crystal licenses? CRM was set up with the LocalSystem account as the administrator = account. =20 How can I fix this error? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4401F.D104E7E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" C...

Report totally
I have several reports that mgmt needs to have totally on our fiscal year; not the calendar year. Currently, the report is totally on a week, on a month, and then on a year. Everything is working just great but the totally on the year. Our fiscal year goes from 11-1 to 10-31. How do I tell the reporting to use the time frame I need? Thanks for you help. Use an additional field just for Fiscal Year -- Fiscal_Year: Format(DateAdd("m", 2, [YourDateField]), "yyyy") -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Bunky" wrote: > I have several repo...

reports only working for system administrator!
Hi there and thanks in advance for any help. I have a brand new installation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 with windows server 2003, SQL 2000. Everything seemed to be working correctly until I found that only an administrator could access the reports using: http://crmserver/reports. I tried giving every other permission to the users but nothing, only the local administrator along with domain administrator worked. can anybody provide me with a solution?? Thanks Adao Monteiro What happens when other users try to run reports? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "adam" <adam@disc...

Need help with CListCtrl in report mode, ImageList, CBitmap
Hi, I am trying to modify my existing CListCtrl to display defined row Height. For now I am using some trick and I play with custom draw and ownerdraw fixed and it works fine except that I do not manage to handle scrollbar properly so I have decided to use another technique. In the case I want the same item height for all items I would like to create an Imagelist with the specified item height. So I have two cases : 1)List control doesn't have any icon, so we create a dummy image list with a single transparent image 2)Control has already an image list so if specified item height i...

Z-REPORT and OFFLINE
Hi! I have a question about the z-report and an error raised when register build the offline db. POS show this message-box Error -2147217900 'Impossibile Aggiungere la nuova transazione all'elenco del coordinatore di transazioni specificato'. The source of problem is the MSDTC but is first time that I see this bug from register.. The register have SQL Server 2000 sp3a Desktop Engine and main server SQL Server 2000 without sp1 Antonio Every SQL Server should have SP3, but I doubt that's what's raising the error. I've seen problems with the Offline database...

Hyperlink on Report
Hi, Is it possible, when we click on 1 of the record in Access, then we can go to the certain form/table?. So the layout looks like hyperlink on the Form. I know SQL can do that. Thank you in advance. KF -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200708/1 Interaction in Access 2003 and earlier is limited to Forms. Reports do not support user interaction. Some interaction is supported in Access 2007, but I haven't had any experience with that feature. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "KimTong via AccessMonster.c...

Template for Excahnge2007 Journal report
If the original message contained both "regular recipient" & "distribution list", Exchange 2007 sends TWO seperate messages each with different 'Joural reports'; one would have the 'regular recipients' in Journal report and the other message would have expanded distribustion list. Ideally, instead of two, I would like to have only one journal message with both "regular recipient" & "distribution list recipient"; but I suspect that I might not be able to control it. If anyone knows how to control this behaviour, please share. htt...