more on VBA function name change

I thought I'd start a new thread since I haven't received any replies to my
first one...

To recap:
I've declared a function in a module using mixed case:
     Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)

I noticed recently that it appeared in the module as
     Function tmde_category(FormName As Form)

I changed it back to the mixed case declaration, saved the module, exited
the app, reopened it and looked. The function had changed back to the all
lowercase declaration.

Things I've tried since the original post:
Using the databse documenter, I selected all objects in the database and
saved the resulting report as a pdf file, so I could search all 2700 pages of
it. Originally, I found 3 instances of the all lowercase version of the
function in some query definitions (there's a field in a table with the same
name as the function), so I changed the name of the field in the table to
mixed case, and changed the query definitions also. Reran the database
documenter, re-searched the pdf file, every instance of TMDE_Category is in
mixed case - except the module where the function is declared, where it is
lowercase - again.

Thinking there's a symbol table somewhere that I'm not finding, I completely
removed the function from my application; compiled; saved; exited; reopened
with the decompile switch; compacted and repaired the database; exited.
Reopened the application; inserted the function with mixed case (from a plain
text file); saved the module; exited. Reopened and looked - sure enough the
function is once more all lowercase.

Anyone have an idea before I pull out ALL of my hair?

Thanks.

Here is what I would do.

Rename   Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)
Function MyTMDE_Category (FormName As Form)

Then use debug.compile to find all other instances of TMDE_Category and
tmde_category, and replace them with MyTMDE_Category.

I am not concerned about why you have this problem, but I expect that the
above steps would fix it.

"John B. Smotherman" <JohnBSmotherman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4EB5DCD0-0152-49F4-B7B6-0D1832C73130@microsoft.com...
>I thought I'd start a new thread since I haven't received any replies to my
> first one...
>
> To recap:
> I've declared a function in a module using mixed case:
>     Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)
>
> I noticed recently that it appeared in the module as
>     Function tmde_category(FormName As Form)
>
> I changed it back to the mixed case declaration, saved the module, exited
> the app, reopened it and looked. The function had changed back to the all
> lowercase declaration.
>
> Things I've tried since the original post:
> Using the databse documenter, I selected all objects in the database and
> saved the resulting report as a pdf file, so I could search all 2700 pages
> of
> it. Originally, I found 3 instances of the all lowercase version of the
> function in some query definitions (there's a field in a table with the
> same
> name as the function), so I changed the name of the field in the table to
> mixed case, and changed the query definitions also. Reran the database
> documenter, re-searched the pdf file, every instance of TMDE_Category is
> in
> mixed case - except the module where the function is declared, where it is
> lowercase - again.
>
> Thinking there's a symbol table somewhere that I'm not finding, I
> completely
> removed the function from my application; compiled; saved; exited;
> reopened
> with the decompile switch; compacted and repaired the database; exited.
> Reopened the application; inserted the function with mixed case (from a
> plain
> text file); saved the module; exited. Reopened and looked - sure enough
> the
> function is once more all lowercase.
>
> Anyone have an idea before I pull out ALL of my hair?
>
> Thanks.

0
Jeanette
5/28/2010 11:57:08 PM
You have to change the name to change the case.

Note, you don't have to change the whole database,
just change the name of the function to something else,
then change it back with the correct case.

(david)

"John B. Smotherman" <JohnBSmotherman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4EB5DCD0-0152-49F4-B7B6-0D1832C73130@microsoft.com...
>I thought I'd start a new thread since I haven't received any replies to my
> first one...
>
> To recap:
> I've declared a function in a module using mixed case:
>     Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)
>
> I noticed recently that it appeared in the module as
>     Function tmde_category(FormName As Form)
>
> I changed it back to the mixed case declaration, saved the module, exited
> the app, reopened it and looked. The function had changed back to the all
> lowercase declaration.
>
> Things I've tried since the original post:
> Using the databse documenter, I selected all objects in the database and
> saved the resulting report as a pdf file, so I could search all 2700 pages
> of
> it. Originally, I found 3 instances of the all lowercase version of the
> function in some query definitions (there's a field in a table with the
> same
> name as the function), so I changed the name of the field in the table to
> mixed case, and changed the query definitions also. Reran the database
> documenter, re-searched the pdf file, every instance of TMDE_Category is
> in
> mixed case - except the module where the function is declared, where it is
> lowercase - again.
>
> Thinking there's a symbol table somewhere that I'm not finding, I
> completely
> removed the function from my application; compiled; saved; exited;
> reopened
> with the decompile switch; compacted and repaired the database; exited.
> Reopened the application; inserted the function with mixed case (from a
> plain
> text file); saved the module; exited. Reopened and looked - sure enough
> the
> function is once more all lowercase.
>
> Anyone have an idea before I pull out ALL of my hair?
>
> Thanks.

0
david

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

POS Receipt format change
I would like to have the "Sales Receipt" read "Sales Invoice" or "Invoice". Also I would like to have "Transaction #" replaced with "Invoice #". Can anyone help me with this? I have been able to edit the "Sales Receipt" portion in an xml editor but have not been able to change the "Transaction #" as there must be some other coding that needs to change. Thank you in advance. Robert Hi Robert, you can find the SUB: PrintTransactionType and then locate the Transaction.ReceiptReferenceNumberCaption reference field. this...

SLOW FUNCTIONS
Dear Experts, I have a 'new" excel 2007 & need to run in compatability mode because most of my associates have 2003. Almost all functions - from cut and paste or copy and paste are delayed while the little blue circle thing spins. Usually form 4 to 10 seconds. it really adds up. What can I do to correct ? Thanks -- WDM I am running 2007 on a 5 year old PC and do not experience what you describe. Is your PC really old? Do you have much RAM? (this thing has 1G of RAM, running WinXP) Do you have any add-ins loaded that might not be completely compatible with 2007? &...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Remap F2 key function to Enter key?
Could someone please tell me how I can set the Enter key to edit the selected cell in Excel 2002? (just like F2 does by default). Much appreciated On Nov 20, 12:08 pm, mark.hand...@gmail.com wrote: > Could someone please tell me how I can set the Enter key to edit the > selected cell in Excel 2002? (just like F2 does by default). > > Much appreciated Please help If your keyboard software allows re-mapping you may be able to do this. I would think that using the ENTER key for cell editing could cause some problems and would not be intuitive. How about just double-click the ce...

3.0 Lastname change ???
I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name lastname. How can I get the first user to be in this format ? Jack Can I just change the full name for the user en the table for systemusers ??? There hasn't been created other things than this user in the system ? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:OUjgKfOeGHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name >lastname. > > How can I get the first user to be in this format ? > > Jack > You can...

Reserved names in Excel
Does anybody know a list of predefined names in Excel ? I know names like Print_Area and Print_Titles, but are there more? Regards There's another called FilterDatabase (from data|filter|Autofilter). And probably lots more. Get this name manager by Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson). You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp Then open this addin and run it against a workbook that you've used a lot. You might see lots of stuff that you never knew about. Hans wrote: > > Does anybody know a list of predefined n...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

vba select field

I can't change fonts. Why??
Hello! I have a strange problem, with Publisher. I only can use some basic fonts in textboxes. If I choose one (for example Jokerman), the font bar jumps back to Times or to other basic fonts. I have this problem on Vista-Office2007 Beta 2, XP SP2-Office 2003, XP SP2-Office 2000 too. What is interesting, that I can use all of them in the Wordart. In Word I can use all of the fonts too. What could be the matter? Could you help me? Thanks, Gábor from Hungary. ...

VLOOKUP in VBA

get change operation on coCustomLinks cannot find table
Hello, I have this client that has deployed their server in Singapore but has a branch in Thailand. Since Thailand also needs to use Great Plains, they have installed a GP 8.0 application in a workstation in Thailand and connects to the database deployed in Singapore. But when the staff in thailand logs onto her workstation, she gets the error "get/change first operation on coCustomLinks cannot find table" then all suceeding document processing (i.e. GL entries), go haywire - the next journal entry number doesn't generate. They went through the same installation procedures ...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

calling function in another UI thread
I created another UI thread from the main thread using AfXBeginThread. I defined a new function in the new UI thread. Can I directly call this function in the main thread, or do I have to PostThreadMessage? If I can directly call the function, what kind of IPC mechanism is it? I am little confused. Thank you! class CNewUIThread : public CWinThread { ..... void MyNewFunc() { .... } ......... } a thread does not have functions, it is a sequence of instructions, usually including a loop that processes messages or does some other computation until it either finishes its work or is killed by...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

How do I change the type of Outlook I have...from Corporate or Workgroup to Internet Mail Only?
How do I change the type of Outlook I have...from Corporate or Workgroup to Internet Mail Only? Umma Gumma, you wrote on Mon, 18 Jun 2007 04:56:01 -0700: > How do I change the type of Outlook I have...from Corporate or Workgroup to > Internet Mail Only? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195507/en-us -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net "Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message news:v7x58l8jci24.dlg@cs-g.net... > Umma Gumma, you wrote on Mon, 18 Jun 2007 04:56:01 -0700: > >> How do I change the type of Outlook I ha...

File> ... Can I see more file names?
When I click on File I see (below the list of available options) four previously saved xls files. How do I see more , say the last 10 saved files? <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And increase to 9 (max) the number of entries in the "Recently Used File box. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "SouthAfricanStan" <me@there> wrote in message news:uAdxTx8FFHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... When I click on File I see...

How do I protect specific cells from changes in Excel?
Please can someone help me. How do I protect specific cells from changes in Excel? I have a spreadsheet that I would like users to only be able to change certain cells, the others need to be protected from change Go to Format>Cells. On the Protection tab, uncheck the "Locked" box for any cell you want to be editable. After you protect the document, the user will only be able to edit the cells you unlock. "LarryH" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E8A5FD8-A990-4181-9842-19B007C88F71@microsoft.com... > Please can someone help me. ...

my paste special function won't let me copy formulas
I am using Excel 2007 and I can't seem to copy and paste formulas from one workbook to another. Instead I get a dialogue box asking me if I want to use paste or paste link and to chose from a list of formats. Does anyone know if there is something that I can change in Excel to fix this problem? It sounds like you have the workbooks open in separate instances of excel. Close one of the workbooks (and its instance of excel) and then back to the first workbook/excel. Hit ctrl-o and open your second workbook and try the copy|paste. squintana wrote: > > I am using E...

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...