Manipulating the Access 2007 User Interface

1) How can I programically eliminate, hide or minimize that damned Ribbon?

2) How can I hide the Navigation bar?

In short, how can I lock users out from accessing the underlying objects
unless I want them to have that access?

0
David

Hi,
here it is:
http://accessblog.net/2010/01/how-to-hide-access-2007-office-button.html

--
Best regards,
___________

"David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message
> 1) How can I programically eliminate, hide or minimize that damned Ribbon?
>
> 2) How can I hide the Navigation bar?
>
> In short, how can I lock users out from accessing the underlying objects
> unless I want them to have that access?

0
Alex
3/3/2010 8:09:21 AM
1) In VBA add the line to HIDE the Office Button and Ribbon ...

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

Use ...

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes

to turn them back on.

2) DoCmd.LockNavigationPane True
This prevents users deleting or renaming objects in the Navigation Pane. We
do not include this by default, as it could confuse and frustrate existing
developers. To unlock the Navigation Pane again, open the Immediate Window
(Ctrl+G) and enter:
    DoCmd.LockNavigationPane False

"David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message
> 1) How can I programically eliminate, hide or minimize that damned Ribbon?
>
> 2) How can I hide the Navigation bar?
>
> In short, how can I lock users out from accessing the underlying objects
> unless I want them to have that access?

0
Jeanette
3/3/2010 8:11:34 AM
Here is more code for the nav pane.

To hide the NavPane

Public Function HideNavPane() As Byte
    DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "MSysObjects", True
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
End FunctionTo unhide the NavPane ...

To show the NavPane

Public Sub UnHideNavPane()
    DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "MSysObjects", True
End SubPlease note that the same code can be used to Hide/UnHide the
database window in A2003 and prior

"David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message
> 1) How can I programically eliminate, hide or minimize that damned Ribbon?
>
> 2) How can I hide the Navigation bar?
>
> In short, how can I lock users out from accessing the underlying objects
> unless I want them to have that access?

0
Jeanette

move 30GB mailbox from one user ................
Hi how can I move 30GB mailbox from one user on first exchange server to other user on second exchange server in one domain? Thanks for the help. Exmerge -move part of mailbox to .PST and then to another user, but max size of .PST is 2GB Mailbox wizard move mailbox to the same user on other server -it don't help me. Do you have any ideas? Right click user, Exchange Task, Move Mailbox doesn't work? James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com Konstadnin Kostadinov wrote: > Hi > how can I move 30GB mailbox from one user on first exchange ser...

Access 97 under Win 2k to Access 2003 under XP
I'm in a shop converting a large number of Access databases (over 500) for a large number of users. Some databases have one user, some have dozens. The rollout of XP is happening in a random manner, so we'd like to do some conversions before the users get XP. I figured we could convert the 97 databases using Access 2003 and save as a Win 2000 compatible mdb. Then when the users do get converted we simply generate a Windows 2003 mde. Are there any issues in testing a system as a Win 2k mdb then unleashing a 2003 mde or should it be plain sailing. Thanks - David. "mscertified...

Exclusive access
If the back end is properly split and placed on a network share, and users have a front end copy on their computer (not a shortcut), what is the effect of opening the front end with exclusive access? Is the back end opened exclusively, or is there no effect? Could this slow down the performance of multiple users? -- bill If the user opens their frontend exclusively, it has no effect on the backend and that is one reason (of many) why it is good to have each user have a copy of the frontend. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www...

Exchange Web Access- Access Deined
I can access the Exchange web access without any problems on a free network without any proxies and such. however, now I am at my workplace trying to connect to my setup at home. I login into the exchange web access, the top bar and the right bar load, tell me i have new email, however the middle (center) frame doesn't load (which displays the email), instead i keep getting prompted for my username and password. What is the situation and how can it be fixed? The network I am using is running a proxy with all ports pointing to a Microsoft ISA Server. Thank you, Daniel Disclosin...

Font manipulation
Hello. I'm curious I can change apperance in chat window. Like the background of the tab of my messages and different background of the tab of the different user. I don't mean the background of the text. And is there any way of increace the spacing of lines between them? The lines are really near... For more understanding: I wish to control it somewhere with like a css command "Padding" or "margin". Like ..text_me { font color: gold; font size: 1.5em; padding: 4px; } ..text_others { font color: black; padding: 4px } I think y...

Access to excel...
I have a report generated based on the following code"- Code: Dim strCriteria As String Dim stDocName As String strCriteria = " [JobNumberField]= " & Me![JobNumberControl] stDocName = "WIPRawDetailsQuery" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strCriteria So, I want to have another button which will export the data like the report to the excel format.... So, is there anyone can help me? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 You can use the 'Transferspreadsheet' met...

dlookup in access
I have a table from which I want to select an inteval of rows. I then want to summarize one field from the selected rows. The selection criteria can identify each of the rows. For each selection of rows there will be a different amount of rows. How do I create a query that selects the rows that will create the answer I am looking for. How shall I enter the selection criteria for the first and the last row to get all rows in between? It totally depends on your selection criteria and how you will summarize the resulting rows (which you did not tell us). Rows have no inherent s...

Custom Reports Using MS Access?
Ran across a thread where Glen Adams suggested using MS Access to create custom reports instead of Crystal Reports. But Glenn never said where to point Access to obtain the needed information to create the reports. Glenn, if you are watching can you give us some more info on how to use Access to create a report? I'm not Glen... I think you would use ODBC... to connect to the RMS database. Then use Access to connect via ODBC... Marc Wagner www.gmroii.net "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0df801c46ea7$d79b00b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Coversion From Access 2000 to Access 20003
I need to convert my databases from Access 2000 to Access 2003. Will my Visual Basic 6.0 programs work with the Access 2003 databases or will I have to get a new version of Visual Basic(.Net)? I remember when converting from Access 97 to Access 2000. I needed to change from Visual Basic 5.0 to Visual Basic 6.0. Access 2003 still uses Jet 4.0 (and DAO 3.6), the same as Access 2000, so you shouldn't have any problems. The reason there was a problem going from Access 97 to Access 2000 is that Access 97 using Jet 3.5x (DAO 3.5x) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSt...

Access 2003 Forms
My tool box does not expand or light up when moved into design view. No orange colors. What to do? Check te startup options of the database. Tools-> StartUp See if the checkbox "Allow built in toolbars" is checked. Check all checkboxes for that matter. Default setting is all checked. If you have the db from someone else it might be that there is some code running to disable them at startup. hth -- Maurice Ausum "Sheepman" wrote: > My tool box does not expand or light up when moved into design view. No > orange colors. What to do? ...

Want to Print Tracking Detail from Outlook 2007 appointment
From an appointment window, I want to print the appt detain and the list of attendees including their attendance status (ie accepted, tentative, ...). This used to work in earlier version(s) of Outlook but I cannot locate the same functionality in Outlook 2007. John ...

Suddenly Cannot Create New Accounts
Greetings, We just completed a Domino 5 to Exchange 2003 SP2 migration and all seems to be going well, until this morning when I tried to create a new account and I get an Access Denied message during the Exchange portion of the account set up. The pop-up error message is as follows: Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Access is denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension I have tried to create a new account, without the Exchange portion and that goes fine and I can use Exchange Tasks to create the mailbox, however, when I use Exch...

Hour manipulation
i have a file download that shows hours worked for employees in th following format 72:09:50(hh:mm:ss). The problem is this, the data i displayed in that format but in the formula bar it shows the data a 1/3/1900 12:09:50 AM. Because of this, I can not manipulate the data How can I, in essence, make the data a string or some state in whic it is not recognized as a date and time. I have tried copying the dat and pasting it as a value, one hundred different formatting tries, an everything else I can think of. pls hl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Redwings, this will tur...

Access 2007 Questions
I upgraded to Access 2007 and now the buttons within my application does not work. Is there a setting that I can select to able the command buttons again? Thanks in advance, Jeff- By default, Access 2007 runs no code unless the database is trusted. The easiest way to do this for all your databases is to put them in a trusted folder. To set up a trusted folder, go to: Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings More info about converting to Access 2007: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia ...

VBA Import from Access using ODBC
I am trying to import from Access using ODBC - then I want to basically concatenate two of the columns. If I run my macro it actually runs the concatenate part first, then brings in the odbc information. If I put a pause or step through it - it works no problem. Code is provided.. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance... dc With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=Array(Array( _ "ODBC;DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=" & fileandpath & ";DefaultDir=" & spath & "; DriverId=281;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize =2048; PageTimeout =5;")), Dest...

Programs trying to access the internet
I've been having a lot of excess bandwidth usage lately, and I'm tryinbg to find out what is causing it, and what programs should be allowed to access the Internet, and why. One that keeps trying is "generic Host Process for Win32 Services" Does anyone know what that is, and if it is legitimate, and why it needs to access the internet? There are also incoming calls for svchost.exe from 169.254.62.23 Whaty business do they have on my computer? -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://meth...

Add in Compatibility with Outlook 2007
Hi all, If it is the wrong forum, where i posted, please ignore it. We have an addin application developed using VS 2003 on Outlook 2003. This is a VS COM addin, and works perfect on Outlook 2003. We used Office XP PIA. I have not tried Office 2007 yet. But can any one tell me is the same addin build will work on Outlook 2007. Or what are the complecacies if not. I am really afraid, do I need to develop all the stuffs again with VSTO or some other technology. Please suggest. thanks in advance. sumit If your addin runs in Outlook 2003 it should run in Outlook 2007. You'll have to ...

Best approach for Data Access
I would like to get an understanding on the methods of getting data to the web. Basically, I am generatiing data on the fly on the pc as a stand alone app. then i need to automatically get it on to the web in such a way that I can retrieve it while at some remote location. Suggestions and terminology appreceiated. The only two methods I know about are email and FTP but I really do not know how to do either. (1) eMail - send an attachment to an eMail site. I have not seen how to do this. Some VB6 eMail routines say they can do it but so far the ones that I have played with just do ...

Access 2003 file opens to a blank page when opened in Access 2007
I have an Access 2003 database that has all my saved client info and opens fine on different computers using MS Office Pro 2003. My problem is that my new computer has MS Office Pro 2007 and when I open this same file, it open to a blank and the database is unavailable. How do I make this 2003 file work properly in Access 2007 and then still be able work with my other computers that are still using 2003 once I get it to open properly in 2007 (with your help of course)? Please help me!!!! :-( Hi Vegas, Do you have VBA code that is run automatically upon startup of your database? If so,...

Outlook Web Access problem #4
When checking e-mail through Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003) in Internet Explorer 6.0, the messages show up fine, but folder icons appear with no text beside them and none of the menus (new, reply, send, etc) show up - in main window or when opening an e-mail message. What can be done to fix this? Does this happen for ALL users, or a specific few? Kris >-----Original Message----- >When checking e-mail through Outlook Web Access (Exchange >2003) in Internet Explorer 6.0, the messages show up >fine, but folder icons appear with no text beside them >and none of the...

Exception (Access Violation) within MFC code
Hi there, I am attempting to draw a specific object on the current view using the OnDraw function. I am getting an unhandled exception (access violation) and when i debug i find that it originates in the following piece of code (at the last line): // CGdiObject _AFXWIN_INLINE CGdiObject::operator HGDIOBJ() const { return this == NULL ? NULL : m_hObject; } _AFXWIN_INLINE HGDIOBJ CGdiObject::GetSafeHandle() const { return this == NULL ? NULL : m_hObject; } This is the mfc code for some drawing component. If i had the exception at the last line of this snippet, could anyone pin point wha...

Manipulating shapes
I have on a worksheet 3 autoshapes as follows: 1 UpArrow 1 DownArrow 1 LeftToRightArrow What I want to do is show one of these shapes (make it visible) when the value in a particuler cell reaches a certain point e.g. Value < 50 DownArrow Value = 50 LeftToRightArrow Value > 50 UpArrow I want this shape to be linked to a report in word (cell in a table), rather like you would with a chart. When the values in the worksheet change, the chart in the word document is updated and the appropriate 'Arrow' is shown in the corresponging table cell. Any help would be much appreciated....

where to get Access 97..
anyone know where i could get version of access 97? thks, dmeehanjr@netzero.net Try Eb*y or a thrift store/charity shop. "nycdon" wrote: > anyone know where i could get version of access 97? > thks, > dmeehanjr@netzero.net 11 ...

Accessing french newsgroups for Access 2003
Hi, I have a question for Access 2003 MUI. I guess my best option is going to newsgroup in France. Can you provide a way to access these newsgroup. Regards, On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:08:27 -0400, "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a question for Access 2003 MUI. I guess my best option is going to >newsgroup in France. Can you provide a way to access these newsgroup. > >Regards, > Use msnews.microsoft.com as your news server and connect to microsoft.public.fr.access John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

CString manipulation
Hi, I would like to replace \r\n, \n\r or \n by a <BR> in a CString. I have some methode to do it but they are not optimized. I am starting with that : for (int i = 0; i < strHtml.GetLength(); i++) { if (strHtml.GetAt(i) == '\r') { if (strHtml.GetAt(i + 1) == '\n') { strHtml = strHtml.Mid(i, 2); strHtml.Insert(i, _T("<BR>")); } } else if (strHtml.GetAt(i) == '\n') { if (strHtml.GetAt(i + 1) == '\r') { strHtml = strHtml.Mid(i, 2); strHtml.Insert(i, _T("<BR>")); } else ...