JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver & ODBC driver are two different installati

http://www.paphoscarhire.mobi/odbc-bridge2.jpg
desktop control panel settings, I have above URL (IMG) Settings
well, I need to run in my PC: Type 1 db driver Access / java[SE1.6] Desktop
Applications, what I need to install ?

I refer for Type 1, JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver.... Is it needed install and
Access 2003 ODBC driver (see URL) ...? How I understand if I already
installed it(?) since I do not know ? JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver & ODBC driver
are two different installations?

How to load driver in my program ? The below are correct for: Class.forName
& DriverManager.getConnection ?
 [CODE] class  ResultSetDemo    {
  public static void main (String  [ ] args)    {
    try {
       Connection conn
          =DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:RedWines");  // DSN=RedWines
       Statement  sttmnt  =  conn.createStatement (  );     [/CODE]
I GET ERROR !
[CODE] C:\Users\User\Documents\TextBooks Data Files\The Web Warrior Guide to
Web Database Technolo
gies, 1st Edition\extract\Chapter06\Chapter>java ResultSetDemo
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax
error in FROM claus
e.
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6957)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7114)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecDirect(JdbcOdbc.java:3110)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcStatement.java:338)
        at
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.executeQuery(JdbcOdbcStatement.java:253)
        at ResultSetDemo.main(ResultSetDemo.java:10)

C:\Users\User\Documents\TextBooks Data Files\The Web Warrior Guide to Web
Database Technolo
gies, 1st Edition\extract\Chapter06\Chapter> [/CODE]

matching a field from two table
Hi there Hope you guys can help me, for this conditions; From "referrence" database i have a numbers which have a range and need to match to result database i can call "to match" table to get the real conditions. For example, from referrence database i have 5429150&-4(number (from 0 to 4) and from "to match" table the filed is 5429152,. Logically it will not match,, But still have other's way to do. -tq for your help -- Cheers Mohsin Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 Mohsin ...

Show month in different color?
I use excel at work and we have gages that are due calibration. I wanted to know how to put in a formula or something to show each gage that is due in red at the current month. That way when the next month comes the gages due that month are in red and the other months are normal. Use conditional formatting. A1 has the date, B1 has the gage parameter / reading Select B1. Go to format > conditional formatting. Select 'Formula is'. And enter in the box: =MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY()) click on format button and in patterns tab select the red color. Mangesh "OneGoose" <O...

ODBC issues
My client's hard drive crashed over the weekend. They installed the new hard drive, they had been using MSDE but took the opportunity to install SQL 2005 Express. We then installed GP. At first the server was named "accounting." we couldn't get the odbc to work and renamed the computer (and the name changed for the SQL server) to "Accounting" as a workgroup. The first name had a period at the end of the name. We got the odbc to work on the server and GP works fine there, but we can't get the odbc to work on the client machines. We tried all three r...

how to edit two powerpoint files in separate windows?
I have XP and Office Power Point 2003. The Window/Arrange All or Select Tools | Options, select the View tab and tick 'Windows in Taskbar' tricks are not exactly what i'm looking for. Best would be if I could open two Powerpoint applications at the same time in different windows. How to do it? Window, new window. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rk" <rk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF014883-1B3C-40C2-A776-724765C6BE1D@microsoft.com... >I have XP and Office Powe...

Full 97
I have inherited a behemoth of an application developed in A97. I have finally completed a successful compile and conversion to A2003. The users' front-end is now being deployed in A2003 Runtime. There is one place where the code is failing. However, it does not fail for every user. All users can successfully run in A97. Most users can successfully run in A2003RT. But there are a handful of users who get the 'ODBC Call Failed' error in A2003RT. It is happening in the code below. I've marked the failing line with **************. -------------------------- Public Sub ...

Need to see which ODBC/server you are connected to
When in Great Plains, it would be VERY helpful if you could tell at the top, which ODBC data source you are using. If we are in QA, we'd like to be able to see that without having to change users first to see which server we are connected to. I have had SEVERAL users express the desire for this feature. -- Thanks, Brandy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

HELP! Totals by two variables?
How do I total up the amount of an item by month and also name? For example: Colum A: Colum B: Colum C: Dates: Units Sold Seller: 1/5/05 8 Josh 1/6/05 10 Josh 1/15/05 7 Rick 2/8/05 1 Josh 2/20/05 13 Rick 3/5/05 25 Rick So I am trying to set up a chart where January Gives the totals for Josh and Rick in seperate cells and etc. for each month. Try Pivot Table ...

Moving to next rec using a Different Order than the Primary Key
I hope some of the knowledgeable folks here can answer this question: When moving to the next record, the DoCmd seems to utilize the table's primary key, as in DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext So if the Primary key is on the field MemberID, for example, that will be the order employed for all such record moves (next, previous, etc). However, sometimes I need to move to the next record using another ordering scheme, say Lastname, FirstName. I've tried setting the form's OrderBy property with Me.OrderBy= "tblMember.LastName,tblMember.FirstName" and then invoking...

JDBC Driver issue with SQL Server 2008
Hi, I just migrated to SQLServer 2008 Express from the 2005 version. I have a Java application that uses SQL JDBC Driver (sqljdbc4.jar - latest version) to connect to DB. I had to upgrade to the latest driver as the previous version sqljdbc.jar did not work with SQL 2008. Now my application works, but in one instance it fails. Debugging i found the issue to be when accessing this particular stored procedure that has both Update and Select queries. In this case the error says 'statement didnt return a resultset' when executing this code 'preStmt.executeQuery();' ...

Why can't a range formula be on a different row?
I name cells A2:A4 Range1. I name cells B2:B4 Range2. In C2:C4 I type =Range1-Range2 I get the right answer. But if I move down a couple of rows and in A9:A11 I type =Range1-Range2 I get a #Value error. Can anyone explain why? Evi Evi, My guess is that you're getting only once cell from range1 and one from range2 in your result. You're asking the formula to subtract a range from a range, and return a single result. That results in only one value from each range, if the formula is in the same row. You may want =SUM(Range1)-SUM(Range2) That will work anywhere. -- Earl Kioster...

comparing two workbooks
Is there a way to automatically determine the differences between two similar workbooks (i.e., they have the same worksheets and columns/rows on each worksheet, but there may have been changes to individual cells with the same sheet-column-row location)? One version that does the cell by cell comparison is at Chip Pearson's site. It was written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look for compare.xla CharlieB wrote: > > Is there a way to automatically determine the differences > between two similar workbooks (i.e., they have the...

concatenating two fields in one cell, of which one is a date.
I have two cells: Cell A2 Today's date is Cell A3 02/08/2007 I want cell A4 to state: Today's date is 02/08/2007 When I use the formula =CONCATENATE(A2," ",A3) I get the following: Today's date is 17669 How do I make this state [Today's date is 02/08/2007] in one field? One way: =A2&" "&TEXT(A3,"dd/mm/yyy") Or =CONCATENATE(A2," ",TEXT(A3,"dd/mm/yyy")) Regards Trevor "Manuel Murieta" <livelonger@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e0Cvbw8SHHA.480@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have ...

Integration Manger delete from odbc source
I would like to build an SOP integration to load invoices. The source will be Oracle via odbc. After an integration run, I need to know to not reload those invoices on the next run. Choices I can think of are: 1. After an integration run, delete the invoices from the Oracle source tables. 2. Create a table in my Dynmaics DB of already loaded invoice batches and write to this table after each successful run. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is there a way to delete from the Oracle tables with IM? Does any one have any sample scripts which do something like 2? Thanks, Lar I think ...

ODBC
I'm using a DSN to use data from one workbook in another. Is it possible within VBA to open the workbook which is 'connected' to the DSN. So the DSN 'Test2' connects to c:\data\interesting.xls. I connect to this by using the SQL.CONNECT formula. I want to add a button to the sheet that will allow users to open the source workbook 'interesting.xls'. This is where I'm stuck. Any thoughts?? Regards. Jim You should be able to open the workbook even if it's connected through ODBC - As to how to do it, why not use a hyperlink? Draw a 'button' ...

missing driver vaio
I have a vaio VGN-FS28 GP. It came with XP prof. Now I have installed vista home primium. I can not find a driver for mass storage conttroller. My vista package was an upgrade package which did not allow clean installation. (not possible to activate) Therefor I first installed an windows XP home version. For this I formatted both drives After Xp install and also SP2 Everything works fine except this mass storage device. Windows refers to Sony websites in USA but they have different. Models.Sony in NZ can (not yet?) help me out. Can any body advise wher I can find the correct driver? I know th...

ODBC-call failed on Reporting Printing (After 7th page of 29 pages
Hi All, In some of our client machines we are getting ODBC-Call failed on printing a particular report on the 7th or 8th pages of the report. The report has 29 pages in total. The issue is happening if the amount of data is considerably huge (happening for 29 page report of 1600 records), but for lower amount of data, the are not facing it. Will there be any database access while printing the report ? Could you please give any pointer on why this is happening? MS-Access Version 2003, the report it is running on linked server tables of SQL 2008. Thanks Satya ...

Add two fields
Hi! I wonder how I can customize so when I have one amount in the first field and another amount on a second field the sum of the both fields will automatically appear on a third field. I think I need to create an "on change" event but I am not sure about the code... Can someone help me? Hi Martin, You will need to use Javascript for this. For example, you can use the following code in the OnSave event of the form: crmForm.all.field3.DataValue=crmForm.all.field1.DataValue+crmForm.all.field2.DataValue; This will fill in the third field with the sum of the other two fields onS...

two value axes in an excel line chart
How do I create two value axes in excel? For example, I have two correlated sets of values: x y 0.65 4.7 2.01 4.02 2.98 2.99 3.78 1.89 4.33 0.21 I want to show x as a function of y, but want each axis to show integers for 0-6 (and end up with a single line that passes through each x,y coordinate). How do I do this? If by 2 value axis you mean you want numerical values on both the horizontal and vertical axes, select a XY Scatter chart. On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:51:02 -0800, neural_jam <neural_jam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create two value axes...

iODBC driver basics w/Excel 2008 and MySQL 5.x
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed the most recent iODBC driver (iodbc-sdk-3.52.7-macosx-10.5.dmg) and rebooted. I'm trying to do some simple &quot;Get External Data&quot; queries from a MySQL 5.x server. I've tested every component of my system and I think I've isolated that Excel itself is broken somehow. <br><br>My MySQL connection works via the &quot;iODBC Demo&quot; window with the user/pass I intend. I've tried running a test query in that window and it works fine. I've setup a &am...

Why is printed page different than print preview?
I have a newsletter that I mail merge with an Excel file. Last month it printed fine but this month several things change when I print. I previewed one of the merged newsletters and it still looks fine. But when I actually print SOME of my indentations have increased causing me to lose wording. Since everything looks fine in Publisher program I don't know what to do to correct, changing spacing won't help. Any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you ar...

INFO: OneNote 2007 Print Driver =?UTF-8?B?4oCTIDY0IGJpdCBYUFMyT24=?= =?UTF-8?B?ZU5vdGUgcHJpbnQgZHJpdmVyIFVQREFURUQ=?=
Please look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/11/27/onenote-print-driver-64-bit-xps2onenote-print-driver-updated.aspx Bernd ...

The Relationship Between Device Class And Driver
Hi, I use the SRC "\src\general\toaster\bus" in the DDK to build a BusEnum driver. when I create a PDO with "Mass Storage Type" and "Disk Drive GUID" in this driver, then a unknown device appears in the system device manager, why it is not a disk drive in the device manager? Then in the device manager, I choose "Update Driver" procedure for this unknown device, and assign it with disk class hardware, so it becomes to a disk drive in the device manager. What does "Update Driver" procedure do to make this unknown device to ...

COUNTIF With two criteria
How can i count rows with two criteria. I can use COUNTIF with only one criteria... does it posible to count with two criteria.. For example, I need to count the A's in the column A1:A100 which satisfies the condition "O" in column D1:D100. Perhaps you can nest your if statements. =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="A"),--(D1:D100="O")) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Boran D�zg�n" <dboran@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6D5qTjQGHA.2496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can i count rows with two...

Two problems, Conditional Formatting and Printing a record
I know these are two seperate problems, but I got them to work and I don't understand how. First: I have 6 fields that are conditionally formatted to be bold/red bg/yellow font if a corrosponding check box is ticked. It is coded: EXPRESSION IS [HP].Value=-1 Where HP is the Checkbox It doesn't work.....sort of. Second: I have a macro that print previews a report based on the ID (primary key) of the currecnt record (to be printed). When the button is clicked, a pop up appears asking for the ID (ID1). This is the macro coding: [ID1]=[Forms]![App 1]![ID1...

Counting the contents of two columns in one Pivot Table
I can, very easily, do a pivot table counting the values of one variable o column but it has been impossible for me to do the same with two variables o columns in the same pivot table. I would really appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks, Athos What data is in your source table, and what are you tring to count in the pivot table? Athos wrote: > I can, very easily, do a pivot table counting the values of one variable o > column but it has been impossible for me to do the same with two variables o > columns in the same pivot table. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips...