Hyperlink value crashes Access

If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
hyperlink method, using a link value like
http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.

However, if I instead just target the main web site
http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.

Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx

Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.

Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

Hi,
try to use ShellExecute API instead of FollowHyperlink method:
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm

--
Best regards,
___________

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> hyperlink method, using a link value like
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>
> However, if I instead just target the main web site
> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
>
> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>
> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>
> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy

0
Alex
1/20/2010 1:48:07 PM
Thanks Alex; unfortunately the shell function will not solve my problem.

I have another Access 2007 database that is a collection of links to files
everywhere (like a favorites on steroids).

That DB has many records (hyperlink field) that have aspx values; those
links worked until just recently.

So something in Access [Windows security?] has changed.

I need to have .aspx links work like they used to.

This issue is not DB specific, bu seems to only affect Access 2007 links;
..aspx links in Word docs work.

Can anyone reproduce this issue?

It is delaying a development project.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Alex Dybenko" wrote:

> Hi,
> try to use ShellExecute API instead of FollowHyperlink method:
> http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm
>
> --
> Best regards,
> ___________
> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> http://accessblog.net
> http://www.PointLtd.com
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> > hyperlink method, using a link value like
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> > Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
> >
> > However, if I instead just target the main web site
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
> >
> > Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
> >
> > Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> > The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
>
> .

FlyGuy,

What line are you using?  This...

Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL

....worked for me.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> hyperlink method, using a link value like
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>
> However, if I instead just target the main web site
> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
>
> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>
> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>
> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy

0
Gina
1/20/2010 11:05:44 PM
I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
crashes.

In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating something
happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with Access
UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.

Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.

Again, same issue with different database files and different link methods.

Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.

Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.

Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.

--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> What line are you using?  This...
>
> Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
>
> ....worked for me.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> > hyperlink method, using a link value like
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> > Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
> >
> > However, if I instead just target the main web site
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
> >
> > Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
> >
> > Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> > The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
>

> .

FlyGuy,

What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a Trusted
Location?  Are you using macros?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

>I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
> crashes.
>
> In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
> something
> happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
> Access
> UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
>
> Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
>
> Again, same issue with different database files and different link
> methods.
>
> Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.
>
> Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
>
> Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> What line are you using?  This...
>>
>> Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
>>
>> ....worked for me.
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the
>> > follow
>> > hyperlink method, using a link value like
>> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed
>> > [Internet
>> > Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>> >
>> > However, if I instead just target the main web site
>> > http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not
>> > crash.
>> >
>> > Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
>> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>> >
>> > Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
>> > The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>> >
>> > Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy
>>

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 1:55:41 AM
Seems as if only hyperlinks to ...xxx.aspx addresses cause issue; my company
web site start page is http://www.cookbookplus.com/Welcome.aspx ; this now
causes crash; but using http://www.cookbookplus.com gets you to same page
without crash.

--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

I even get crash after navigating to http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"FlyGuy" wrote:

> Seems as if only hyperlinks to ...xxx.aspx addresses cause issue; my company
> web site start page is http://www.cookbookplus.com/Welcome.aspx ; this now
> causes crash; but using http://www.cookbookplus.com gets you to same page
> without crash.
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>
> > I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
> > crashes.
> >
> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating something
> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with Access
> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
> >
> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
> >
> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link methods.
> >
> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.
> >
> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
> >
> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> > > FlyGuy,
> > >
> > > What line are you using?  This...
> > >
> > > Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
> > >
> > > ....worked for me.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gina Whipp
> > > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> > >
> > > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > > II
> > >
> > > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> > >
> > > "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

FlyGuy,

You did not answer my questions... also what is your home page?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

>I even get crash after navigating to
>http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>
>> Seems as if only hyperlinks to ...xxx.aspx addresses cause issue; my
>> company
>> web site start page is http://www.cookbookplus.com/Welcome.aspx ; this
>> now
>> causes crash; but using http://www.cookbookplus.com gets you to same page
>> without crash.
>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> FlyGuy
>>

>> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>>
>> > I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access
>> > still
>> > crashes.
>> >
>> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
>> > something
>> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
>> > Access
>> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
>> >
>> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
>> >
>> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link
>> > methods.
>> >
>> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime
>> > apps.
>> >
>> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
>> >
>> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

0
Gina
1/21/2010 2:55:20 AM
Gina, I tried using Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL (with
a ...xxx.aspx address)
 as on_click for a button; web page was navigated to but Access crashed.

Issue crashes occur regardless of method used for link execution, and again,
only with .aspx addresses.

Windows Vista Business, IE 8; PC fully updated.

All Access data bases that exhibit behavior have been programed with VBA.
One DB has macros for customizing ribbon.

The links used to work until very recently; perhaps related to a new Access
app I worked on that has macros?

I need to check on macro settings and trusted locations; will post more
tomorrow.

Thanks.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

My home page is http://www.cookbookplus.com/
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a Trusted
> Location?  Are you using macros?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
> > crashes.
> >
> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
> > something
> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
> > Access
> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
> >
> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
> >
> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link
> > methods.
> >
> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.
> >
> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
> >
> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What line are you using?  This...
> >>
> >> Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
> >>
> >> ....worked for me.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.

Macro settings are disable all with notification.

--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a Trusted
> Location?  Are you using macros?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
> > crashes.
> >
> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
> > something
> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
> > Access
> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
> >
> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
> >
> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link
> > methods.
> >
> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.
> >
> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
> >
> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What line are you using?  This...
> >>
> >> Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
> >>
> >> ....worked for me.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

FlyGuy,

Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I don't,
not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens the
page fine?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
>
> Macro settings are disable all with notification.
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a
>> Trusted
>> Location?  Are you using macros?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access
>> >still
>> > crashes.
>> >
>> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
>> > something
>> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
>> > Access
>> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
>> >
>> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
>> >
>> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link
>> > methods.
>> >
>> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime
>> > apps.
>> >
>> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
>> >
>> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 4:57:50 AM
Gina,

I can navigate to any ...xxx.aspx page directly in IE, or from any
....xxx.aspx link in other Office 2007 applications (like Word); I just cannot
navigate to ...xxx.aspx links (anymore) from within Access 2007.

I run full version of Access 2007; I also run several Access 2007 runtime
apps; makes no difference.

Not sure what you mean by "enable macros"?

But I'll look and change settings in Trust Center to see if that makes a
difference.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I don't,
> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens the
> page fine?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
> >
> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a
> >> Trusted
> >> Location?  Are you using macros?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Gina,

I posted back earlier this AM; but I do not see it.

I can open IE and navigate directly to any ...xxx.aspx pages OK.

I changed Access Trust Center/Trust Center Settings/Marcos to Enable all
macros.

I then opened my links database app and my first use of a link to
http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx worked, and did not crash Access.

I then reset to disable with notification and got crashes.

I reset back to enable macros and now I just get crashes (again) every time.

A hyperlink field is not a macro; aspx pages are not marcros.

I have toggled the macro settings several times in different Access 2007
databases; I cannot get it to work again.

I note that the one time it did work (1st attempt after setting enable
macros) that the navigation to aspx page happened immediately.

Otherwise (when navigation to aspx causes crashes) the navigation takes
several seconds, and I usually see a blank browser window before the .aspx
page loads.  But then, Access is always crashed.

There seems to be a major security conflict or bug here.

Your thoughts?
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I don't,
> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens the
> page fine?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
> >
> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a
> >> Trusted
> >> Location?  Are you using macros?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

FlyGuy,

I am just as confused as you are and it makes it difficult because I can't
reproduce OR get it to happen on my machine.  But I am going to put a shout
out to see if *anyone* has any background in this issue.

Just to be on the safe side, are ALL your updates up-to-date?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Gina,
>
> I posted back earlier this AM; but I do not see it.
>
> I can open IE and navigate directly to any ...xxx.aspx pages OK.
>
> I changed Access Trust Center/Trust Center Settings/Marcos to Enable all
> macros.
>
> I then opened my links database app and my first use of a link to
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx worked, and did not crash
> Access.
>
> I then reset to disable with notification and got crashes.
>
> I reset back to enable macros and now I just get crashes (again) every
> time.
>
> A hyperlink field is not a macro; aspx pages are not marcros.
>
> I have toggled the macro settings several times in different Access 2007
> databases; I cannot get it to work again.
>
> I note that the one time it did work (1st attempt after setting enable
> macros) that the navigation to aspx page happened immediately.
>
> Otherwise (when navigation to aspx causes crashes) the navigation takes
> several seconds, and I usually see a blank browser window before the .aspx
> page loads.  But then, Access is always crashed.
>
> There seems to be a major security conflict or bug here.
>
> Your thoughts?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I
>> don't,
>> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
>> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens
>> the
>> page fine?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
>> >
>> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 2:38:13 PM
Another thought...

Does all the other code in your database run and have you Compiled it?
Could be we are so focused on this not seeing that it's actaully preceding
this that is causing the problem.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gina,
>
> I posted back earlier this AM; but I do not see it.
>
> I can open IE and navigate directly to any ...xxx.aspx pages OK.
>
> I changed Access Trust Center/Trust Center Settings/Marcos to Enable all
> macros.
>
> I then opened my links database app and my first use of a link to
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx worked, and did not crash
> Access.
>
> I then reset to disable with notification and got crashes.
>
> I reset back to enable macros and now I just get crashes (again) every
> time.
>
> A hyperlink field is not a macro; aspx pages are not marcros.
>
> I have toggled the macro settings several times in different Access 2007
> databases; I cannot get it to work again.
>
> I note that the one time it did work (1st attempt after setting enable
> macros) that the navigation to aspx page happened immediately.
>
> Otherwise (when navigation to aspx causes crashes) the navigation takes
> several seconds, and I usually see a blank browser window before the .aspx
> page loads.  But then, Access is always crashed.
>
> There seems to be a major security conflict or bug here.
>
> Your thoughts?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I
>> don't,
>> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
>> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens
>> the
>> page fine?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
>> >
>> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 2:43:46 PM
test post; my last 2 from earlier this AM have not shown up
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I don't,
> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens the
> page fine?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
> >
> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a
> >> Trusted
> >> Location?  Are you using macros?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

FlyGuy,

You may not see your post but I do...  This should help...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba/browse_thread/thread/8bb06c6b95c1de9b/0b6989d57cce6524?hide_quotes=no

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> test post; my last 2 from earlier this AM have not shown up
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I
>> don't,
>> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
>> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens
>> the
>> page fine?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
>> >
>> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 3:50:11 PM
Problem perfectly reproducible here, on Vista (64bits) and Access 2007, but
I have other problems too, probably because of co-existence with Access
2003. Have you, you too, other Access versions on the PC with the problem?
(note that in my case, Access becomes "Not Responsive", here). I don't know
how to solve that problem, though (I am not using Access 2007). Just to
confirm there is a reproducible problem.

Vanderghast, Access MVP

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> hyperlink method, using a link value like
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>
> However, if I instead just target the main web site
> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
>
> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>
> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>
> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy

0
vanderghast
1/21/2010 4:35:03 PM
Vanderghast,

THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps this is
a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
someone look at this?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message
> Problem perfectly reproducible here, on Vista (64bits) and Access 2007,
> but I have other problems too, probably because of co-existence with
> Access 2003. Have you, you too, other Access versions on the PC with the
> problem? (note that in my case, Access becomes "Not Responsive", here). I
> don't know how to solve that problem, though (I am not using Access 2007).
> Just to confirm there is a reproducible problem.
>

> Vanderghast, Access MVP
>

> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
>> hyperlink method, using a link value like
>> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
>> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>>
>> However, if I instead just target the main web site
>> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not
>> crash.
>>
>> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
>> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>>
>> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
>> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> FlyGuy

0
Gina
1/21/2010 4:53:12 PM
I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
reproduce this.

I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002 runtime
and Access 2007 runtime installed.

I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
(I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with latest
Runtime.

I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.

I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that step.

The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or not).

Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
compiled OK.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Vanderghast,
>
> THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps this is
> a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
> someone look at this?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message
> > Problem perfectly reproducible here, on Vista (64bits) and Access 2007,
> > but I have other problems too, probably because of co-existence with
> > Access 2003. Have you, you too, other Access versions on the PC with the
> > problem? (note that in my case, Access becomes "Not Responsive", here). I
> > don't know how to solve that problem, though (I am not using Access 2007).
> > Just to confirm there is a reproducible problem.
> >

> > Vanderghast, Access MVP
> >

> > "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> >> hyperlink method, using a link value like
> >> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> >> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
> >>
> >> However, if I instead just target the main web site
> >> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not
> >> crash.
> >>
> >> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> >> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
> >>
> >> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> >> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
> >>
> >> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> FlyGuy
> >

> .

Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.

..aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"FlyGuy" wrote:

> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
> reproduce this.
>
> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002 runtime
> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
>
> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with latest
> Runtime.
>
> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
>
> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that step.
>
> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or not).
>
> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
> compiled OK.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
> > Vanderghast,
> >
> > THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps this is
> > a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
> > someone look at this?
> >
> > --
> > Gina Whipp
> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >
> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > II
> >
> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >
> > "vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message
> > > Problem perfectly reproducible here, on Vista (64bits) and Access 2007,
> > > but I have other problems too, probably because of co-existence with
> > > Access 2003. Have you, you too, other Access versions on the PC with the
> > > problem? (note that in my case, Access becomes "Not Responsive", here). I
> > > don't know how to solve that problem, though (I am not using Access 2007).
> > > Just to confirm there is a reproducible problem.
> > >

> > > Vanderghast, Access MVP
> > >

> > > "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > .

Okay, well... I'm looking around for some help so hang in there!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
> installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.
>
> .aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>
>> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
>> reproduce this.
>>
>> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002
>> runtime
>> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
>>
>> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
>> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with
>> latest
>> Runtime.
>>
>> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
>>
>> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that
>> step.
>>
>> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or
>> not).
>>
>> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
>> compiled OK.
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> FlyGuy
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>>
>> > Vanderghast,
>> >
>> > THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps
>> > this is
>> > a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
>> > someone look at this?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gina Whipp
>> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>> >
>> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> > Tremors
>> > II
>> >
>> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>> >
>> > "vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 10:24:29 PM
FlyGuy,

I believe you have found a bug and it would really help if you could send me
a stripped down of your database.  Here's hoping you're still watching this
thread!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
> installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.
>
> .aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>
>> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
>> reproduce this.
>>
>> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002
>> runtime
>> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
>>
>> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
>> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with
>> latest
>> Runtime.
>>
>> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
>>
>> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that
>> step.
>>
>> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or
>> not).
>>
>> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
>> compiled OK.
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> FlyGuy
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>>
>> > Vanderghast,
>> >
>> > THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps
>> > this is
>> > a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
>> > someone look at this?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gina Whipp
>> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>> >
>> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> > Tremors
>> > II
>> >
>> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>> >
>> > "vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Gina
1/23/2010 11:01:53 PM
Gina, I am still following thread.

Do not know what you mean by "stripped down DB"?

However, the issue (bug) is unrelated to any specific DB file; i can create
a new, 1 form, 1 button DB and immediately reproduce the Access 2007 crash.

All one has to do is try and use any link (using any method) from within
Access that targets an ASPX URL.

Please let me know.

Personally, I believe this is a break [or lock down] caused by a recent
Microsoft security update.

Accessing ASPX URLs used to work perfectly until very recently.

If necessary, I can provide a sample Access 2007 DB that demonstrates the
issue.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Bob
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> I believe you have found a bug and it would really help if you could send me
> a stripped down of your database.  Here's hoping you're still watching this
> thread!
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
> > installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.
> >
> > .aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "FlyGuy" wrote:
> >
> >> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
> >> reproduce this.
> >>
> >> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002
> >> runtime
> >> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
> >>
> >> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
> >> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with
> >> latest
> >> Runtime.
> >>
> >> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
> >>
> >> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that
> >> step.
> >>
> >> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or
> >> not).
> >>
> >> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
> >> compiled OK.
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> FlyGuy

> .

FlyGuy,

Since it doesn't happen on my machine I want to be sure I get a database
that exhibits the issue to submit.  You can get my eMail address from my web
site  http://www.regina-whipp.com  I don't post it here because I really
don't want the spam.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> I believe you have found a bug and it would really help if you could send
> me
> a stripped down of your database.  Here's hoping you're still watching
> this
> thread!
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
> > installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.
> >
> > .aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "FlyGuy" wrote:
> >
> >> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
> >> reproduce this.
> >>
> >> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002
> >> runtime
> >> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
> >>
> >> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a
> >> new
> >> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with
> >> latest
> >> Runtime.
> >>
> >> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
> >>
> >> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past
> >> that
> >> step.
> >>
> >> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or
> >> not).
> >>
> >> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
> >> compiled OK.
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> FlyGuy

> .

0
Gina

Using Access 97 and Access 2003 on same computer
Access 2003 gives me a "Microsoft Visual Basic" dialog "Object library not registered". Clicking help gets me Access 2003's help file which says to reregister the application. I have a standalone version of Access 97 that I've been using for years. Last year I installed Office 2003 Professional, but kept Access 97 and have been using Access 97 ever since. My husband also has Visual Studio .NET 2003 installed on our computer. Now I want to use Access 2003 for a new database (and VBA), but keep Access 97 for my old ones. (I don't have the time to ...

Hiding "FALSE" values
I know how to hide zero values, but can anyone tell me how to "FALSE" values. TIA Zorro Trap the condition that creates it. For instance, in the formula =IF(A1=17,"Yes") will return Yes if A1 is 17, but FALSE otherwise. SO if you use =IF(A1=17,"Yes","") you don't get FALSe. Similarly with other formulae. -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks "Zorro" <zorro@nexia99.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:W9COa.18225$pd.8840@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > I know h...

Calendar Control Crashing with message saying "Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module comctl32.dll
Calendar Control Crashing with message saying The description for Event ID ( 1001 ) in Source ( Microsoft Internet Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 02978920. 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail 0010: 75 72 65 20 20 69 65 78 ure iex 0018: 70 6c 6f 72 65 2e 65 78 plore.ex 0020: 65 20 36 2e 30 2e 32 36 e 6.0.26 0028: 30 30 2e 30 20 69 6e 20 00.0 in 0030: 63 6f 6d 6...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

information store crash
see below for event viewer output. why would this happen? had to use eseutil to rebuild the store.... Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: General Event ID: 486 Date: 3/31/2004 Time: 3:26:32 PM User: N/A Computer: HPML350 Description: Information Store (3468) First Storage Group: An attempt to move the file "E:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\E00.log" to "E:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\E0000056.log" failed with system error 2 (0x00000002): "The system cannot find the file specified. ". The move file operation will fail with error -1811 (0xfffff8ed). Look in y...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Word X ALWAYS crashes!
I have had nothing but problems with Word. I am running Office 10.1.3 because I was told it was the most stable. Yesterday I removed every single trace of MS Office from my computer, using the Remove Office utility and manually removing the OfficePID and (10) Settings files. I then ran Disk Warrior on my machine. Finally I removed the Font Cache and all duplicate copies of fonts from my system. Then I reinstalled Word. Guess what? It still crashes all the time. When opening attachments (especially from Apple Mail) and documents, when saving documents, or just conveniently in the middle...

Help with If statment to compare values #2
Thank you to all of you for your help. I tried each provided option and they all work great!!! Many, many thanks!!!! Super!!!.... Vika Max Wrote: > "Bryan Hessey"- > A method without 'if' is: ... > =VLOOKUP(A1,X$1:Y$11,2,TRUE)- > > Just a clarification that the IFs in the earlier formula suggested are > merely add-on error trapping for clearer outputs, which I normally > provide. > The core formula's just a simple INDEX(...,MATCH(...,1)) with the > flexibility to read the source reference table as it is. Using > VLOOKUP > require...

IF Function with Text values
Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need to pick the surname out of the user login and i can't get the IF true or false to pick out the surnames, any help very much appriciated. Hi use something like =VLOOKUP("user_id",A1:B100,2,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany .. wrote: > Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I > have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need > to pick the surname out of the u...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Money Small Business 2005 crashes after online update
Hello, Today for the first time after using money for over a year it crashes when I try to do an online update from my banks. I have tried to repair the files that does not seem to work although the log says it fixed some online records. I also noticed that my bank account screen says I have 29 transactions to look at but when I go to the account there aren't any new transaction from a download. The even view says the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Money Error Reporting Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 10/12/2005 Time: 8:39:53 AM User: N/A Computer: H...

Custom Value Axis
How do I replace only one value to text on the Value Axis? (i.e., -20, -10, TEXT, 10, 20)etc. You might want to use Rob Bovey's XY Chart labeler found at www.appspro.com "Maureen D." wrote: > How do I replace only one value to text on the Value Axis? (i.e., -20, -10, > TEXT, 10, 20)etc. This one's pretty straightforward, and you can use a custom number format. It works for numbers anywhere, not just in a chart. Custom number formats have four components, for positive numbers, negative numbers, zero, and text, separated by semicolons. To replace zero with ...

Column Width Corrupts Values!?
I just noticed some behavior in Access that I have not seen, or noticed, before. Is there some way to prevent it? Am I missing something? I do a query on some simple tables. One of the columns has values in it of this sort: 18.34 11.2 10 21.23 ... The values are correct. When I resize the column, i.e., make it more narrow, the values that are displayed change. They are rounded up or down to fit into the display space remaining. I find this bizarre. Is this behavior to be expected always? It caused a problem, because somebody printed out a table and the values appeared to...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

In Excel
How do I do this? for example - if I have a range of values, how do I count the number of unique values that appear for example the range A1:A11 contains the values 1,2,1,3,4,3,2,5,4,2,1 the number of unique values here is 5 the formula must exist somewhere and should look like =countunique(A1:A11,1) results in 5 I suppose the second part of the field would be to include Nulls as unique or not. Help One way =SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(A1:A11,A1:A11)) if blanks are involved use =SUM(IF(LEN(A1:A11)>0,1/COUNTIF(A1:A11,A1:A11))) entered with ctrl + shift & enter -- Regards, Peo...

Error when accessing settings

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Can Pivot display text as data values
Hi! I'm trying to create a "dynamic phonebook" using Pivot. I.e. I can select from Page e.g. City and department, in Row Field there's listed Role and Name and In Data Items phone number and email-address. It basicly looks great, but it seems its impossible to display text values of the data. Is it possible to display text in data items? Example Page: City:Capitol City Dep.:IT-Department Rows: Role: Field Engineer Name: John Doe Data: Phone: 01 23456 Email: john.doe@mail.com I know Pivot wasn't meant for this purpose, but it would be a good tool for tha...

Printing Only Rows With Values In Them
In Workbook2 I=92ve got formulas in all cells from A1 to J100. The formulas =91pull in=92 values from the corresponding cells in Workbook1. Not all rows in Workbook1 always have values in them, ie the values may stop at row 20, 30, 45, whatever (but there won=92t be any gaps). I need to print Workbook2 sometimes and I only want to print the rows where there are values, not the whole 100 rows with formulas in them, but if I click =91Print=92 I always get the whole 100 rows printed, whether there are values in them or not. In the 100 rows I=92ve got conditional formatting thus: If cel...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...