Hyperlink value crashes Access

If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
hyperlink method, using a link value like
http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.

However, if I instead just target the main web site
http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.

Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx

Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.

Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

Hi,
try to use ShellExecute API instead of FollowHyperlink method:
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm

--
Best regards,
___________

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> hyperlink method, using a link value like
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>
> However, if I instead just target the main web site
> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
>
> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>
> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>
> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy

0
Alex
1/20/2010 1:48:07 PM
Thanks Alex; unfortunately the shell function will not solve my problem.

I have another Access 2007 database that is a collection of links to files
everywhere (like a favorites on steroids).

That DB has many records (hyperlink field) that have aspx values; those
links worked until just recently.

So something in Access [Windows security?] has changed.

I need to have .aspx links work like they used to.

This issue is not DB specific, bu seems to only affect Access 2007 links;
..aspx links in Word docs work.

Can anyone reproduce this issue?

It is delaying a development project.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Alex Dybenko" wrote:

> Hi,
> try to use ShellExecute API instead of FollowHyperlink method:
> http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm
>
> --
> Best regards,
> ___________
> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> http://accessblog.net
> http://www.PointLtd.com
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> > hyperlink method, using a link value like
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> > Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
> >
> > However, if I instead just target the main web site
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
> >
> > Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
> >
> > Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> > The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
>
> .

FlyGuy,

What line are you using?  This...

Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL

....worked for me.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> hyperlink method, using a link value like
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>
> However, if I instead just target the main web site
> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
>
> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>
> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>
> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy

0
Gina
1/20/2010 11:05:44 PM
I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
crashes.

In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating something
happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with Access
UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.

Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.

Again, same issue with different database files and different link methods.

Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.

Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.

Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.

--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> What line are you using?  This...
>
> Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
>
> ....worked for me.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> > hyperlink method, using a link value like
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> > Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
> >
> > However, if I instead just target the main web site
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
> >
> > Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
> >
> > Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> > The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
>

> .

FlyGuy,

What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a Trusted
Location?  Are you using macros?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

>I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
> crashes.
>
> In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
> something
> happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
> Access
> UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
>
> Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
>
> Again, same issue with different database files and different link
> methods.
>
> Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.
>
> Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
>
> Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> What line are you using?  This...
>>
>> Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
>>
>> ....worked for me.
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the
>> > follow
>> > hyperlink method, using a link value like
>> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed
>> > [Internet
>> > Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>> >
>> > However, if I instead just target the main web site
>> > http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not
>> > crash.
>> >
>> > Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
>> > http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>> >
>> > Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
>> > The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>> >
>> > Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy
>>

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 1:55:41 AM
Seems as if only hyperlinks to ...xxx.aspx addresses cause issue; my company
web site start page is http://www.cookbookplus.com/Welcome.aspx ; this now
causes crash; but using http://www.cookbookplus.com gets you to same page
without crash.

--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

I even get crash after navigating to http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"FlyGuy" wrote:

> Seems as if only hyperlinks to ...xxx.aspx addresses cause issue; my company
> web site start page is http://www.cookbookplus.com/Welcome.aspx ; this now
> causes crash; but using http://www.cookbookplus.com gets you to same page
> without crash.
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>
> > I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
> > crashes.
> >
> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating something
> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with Access
> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
> >
> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
> >
> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link methods.
> >
> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.
> >
> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
> >
> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> > > FlyGuy,
> > >
> > > What line are you using?  This...
> > >
> > > Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
> > >
> > > ....worked for me.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gina Whipp
> > > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> > >
> > > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > > II
> > >
> > > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> > >
> > > "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

FlyGuy,

You did not answer my questions... also what is your home page?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

>I even get crash after navigating to
>http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>
>> Seems as if only hyperlinks to ...xxx.aspx addresses cause issue; my
>> company
>> web site start page is http://www.cookbookplus.com/Welcome.aspx ; this
>> now
>> causes crash; but using http://www.cookbookplus.com gets you to same page
>> without crash.
>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> FlyGuy
>>

>> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>>
>> > I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access
>> > still
>> > crashes.
>> >
>> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
>> > something
>> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
>> > Access
>> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
>> >
>> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
>> >
>> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link
>> > methods.
>> >
>> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime
>> > apps.
>> >
>> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
>> >
>> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

0
Gina
1/21/2010 2:55:20 AM
Gina, I tried using Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL (with
a ...xxx.aspx address)
 as on_click for a button; web page was navigated to but Access crashed.

Issue crashes occur regardless of method used for link execution, and again,
only with .aspx addresses.

Windows Vista Business, IE 8; PC fully updated.

All Access data bases that exhibit behavior have been programed with VBA.
One DB has macros for customizing ribbon.

The links used to work until very recently; perhaps related to a new Access
app I worked on that has macros?

I need to check on macro settings and trusted locations; will post more
tomorrow.

Thanks.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

My home page is http://www.cookbookplus.com/
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a Trusted
> Location?  Are you using macros?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
> > crashes.
> >
> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
> > something
> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
> > Access
> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
> >
> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
> >
> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link
> > methods.
> >
> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.
> >
> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
> >
> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What line are you using?  This...
> >>
> >> Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
> >>
> >> ....worked for me.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.

Macro settings are disable all with notification.

--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a Trusted
> Location?  Are you using macros?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access still
> > crashes.
> >
> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
> > something
> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
> > Access
> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
> >
> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
> >
> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link
> > methods.
> >
> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime apps.
> >
> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
> >
> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What line are you using?  This...
> >>
> >> Application.FollowHyperlink Me.TextFieldWithTheURL
> >>
> >> ....worked for me.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

FlyGuy,

Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I don't,
not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens the
page fine?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
>
> Macro settings are disable all with notification.
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a
>> Trusted
>> Location?  Are you using macros?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just tried your suggestion; with .aspx link, page opens, but Access
>> >still
>> > crashes.
>> >
>> > In all cases, Access looks OK except for circle cursor indicating
>> > something
>> > happening; Task Manager shows 100% cpu.  Any attempt to interact with
>> > Access
>> > UI causes hard crash.  Only out is cancel process with Task Manager.
>> >
>> > Something bizarre going on with my Access 2007.
>> >
>> > Again, same issue with different database files and different link
>> > methods.
>> >
>> > Happens with both Access 2007 (full version) and Access 2007 runtime
>> > apps.
>> >
>> > Non .aspx URLs seem to work OK.
>> >
>> > Desparate for more insight; I need to get this resolved.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 4:57:50 AM
Gina,

I can navigate to any ...xxx.aspx page directly in IE, or from any
....xxx.aspx link in other Office 2007 applications (like Word); I just cannot
navigate to ...xxx.aspx links (anymore) from within Access 2007.

I run full version of Access 2007; I also run several Access 2007 runtime
apps; makes no difference.

Not sure what you mean by "enable macros"?

But I'll look and change settings in Trust Center to see if that makes a
difference.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I don't,
> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens the
> page fine?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
> >
> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a
> >> Trusted
> >> Location?  Are you using macros?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Gina,

I posted back earlier this AM; but I do not see it.

I can open IE and navigate directly to any ...xxx.aspx pages OK.

I changed Access Trust Center/Trust Center Settings/Marcos to Enable all
macros.

I then opened my links database app and my first use of a link to
http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx worked, and did not crash Access.

I then reset to disable with notification and got crashes.

I reset back to enable macros and now I just get crashes (again) every time.

A hyperlink field is not a macro; aspx pages are not marcros.

I have toggled the macro settings several times in different Access 2007
databases; I cannot get it to work again.

I note that the one time it did work (1st attempt after setting enable
macros) that the navigation to aspx page happened immediately.

Otherwise (when navigation to aspx causes crashes) the navigation takes
several seconds, and I usually see a blank browser window before the .aspx
page loads.  But then, Access is always crashed.

There seems to be a major security conflict or bug here.

Your thoughts?
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I don't,
> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens the
> page fine?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
> >
> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a
> >> Trusted
> >> Location?  Are you using macros?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

FlyGuy,

I am just as confused as you are and it makes it difficult because I can't
reproduce OR get it to happen on my machine.  But I am going to put a shout
out to see if *anyone* has any background in this issue.

Just to be on the safe side, are ALL your updates up-to-date?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Gina,
>
> I posted back earlier this AM; but I do not see it.
>
> I can open IE and navigate directly to any ...xxx.aspx pages OK.
>
> I changed Access Trust Center/Trust Center Settings/Marcos to Enable all
> macros.
>
> I then opened my links database app and my first use of a link to
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx worked, and did not crash
> Access.
>
> I then reset to disable with notification and got crashes.
>
> I reset back to enable macros and now I just get crashes (again) every
> time.
>
> A hyperlink field is not a macro; aspx pages are not marcros.
>
> I have toggled the macro settings several times in different Access 2007
> databases; I cannot get it to work again.
>
> I note that the one time it did work (1st attempt after setting enable
> macros) that the navigation to aspx page happened immediately.
>
> Otherwise (when navigation to aspx causes crashes) the navigation takes
> several seconds, and I usually see a blank browser window before the .aspx
> page loads.  But then, Access is always crashed.
>
> There seems to be a major security conflict or bug here.
>
> Your thoughts?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I
>> don't,
>> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
>> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens
>> the
>> page fine?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
>> >
>> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 2:38:13 PM
Another thought...

Does all the other code in your database run and have you Compiled it?
Could be we are so focused on this not seeing that it's actaully preceding
this that is causing the problem.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gina,
>
> I posted back earlier this AM; but I do not see it.
>
> I can open IE and navigate directly to any ...xxx.aspx pages OK.
>
> I changed Access Trust Center/Trust Center Settings/Marcos to Enable all
> macros.
>
> I then opened my links database app and my first use of a link to
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx worked, and did not crash
> Access.
>
> I then reset to disable with notification and got crashes.
>
> I reset back to enable macros and now I just get crashes (again) every
> time.
>
> A hyperlink field is not a macro; aspx pages are not marcros.
>
> I have toggled the macro settings several times in different Access 2007
> databases; I cannot get it to work again.
>
> I note that the one time it did work (1st attempt after setting enable
> macros) that the navigation to aspx page happened immediately.
>
> Otherwise (when navigation to aspx causes crashes) the navigation takes
> several seconds, and I usually see a blank browser window before the .aspx
> page loads.  But then, Access is always crashed.
>
> There seems to be a major security conflict or bug here.
>
> Your thoughts?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I
>> don't,
>> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
>> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens
>> the
>> page fine?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
>> >
>> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 2:43:46 PM
test post; my last 2 from earlier this AM have not shown up
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I don't,
> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens the
> page fine?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
> >
> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> FlyGuy,
> >>
> >> What version of IE?  What version of Windows?  Is your database in a
> >> Trusted
> >> Location?  Are you using macros?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

FlyGuy,

You may not see your post but I do...  This should help...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba/browse_thread/thread/8bb06c6b95c1de9b/0b6989d57cce6524?hide_quotes=no

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> test post; my last 2 from earlier this AM have not shown up
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> FlyGuy,
>>
>> Try enabling macros...  I was hoping I had the same environment but I
>> don't,
>> not on Vista and that might be why I can't seem to reproduce.  Just to
>> confirm, if you open IE and navigate to the page without Access IE opens
>> the
>> page fine?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Access 2007 databases that exhibit issue are in trusted locations.
>> >
>> > Macro settings are disable all with notification.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > FlyGuy

>> .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 3:50:11 PM
Problem perfectly reproducible here, on Vista (64bits) and Access 2007, but
I have other problems too, probably because of co-existence with Access
2003. Have you, you too, other Access versions on the PC with the problem?
(note that in my case, Access becomes "Not Responsive", here). I don't know
how to solve that problem, though (I am not using Access 2007). Just to
confirm there is a reproducible problem.

Vanderghast, Access MVP

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> hyperlink method, using a link value like
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>
> However, if I instead just target the main web site
> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash.
>
> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>
> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>
> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy

0
vanderghast
1/21/2010 4:35:03 PM
Vanderghast,

THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps this is
a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
someone look at this?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message
> Problem perfectly reproducible here, on Vista (64bits) and Access 2007,
> but I have other problems too, probably because of co-existence with
> Access 2003. Have you, you too, other Access versions on the PC with the
> problem? (note that in my case, Access becomes "Not Responsive", here). I
> don't know how to solve that problem, though (I am not using Access 2007).
> Just to confirm there is a reproducible problem.
>

> Vanderghast, Access MVP
>

> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
>> hyperlink method, using a link value like
>> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
>> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
>>
>> However, if I instead just target the main web site
>> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not
>> crash.
>>
>> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
>> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
>>
>> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
>> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> FlyGuy

0
Gina
1/21/2010 4:53:12 PM
I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
reproduce this.

I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002 runtime
and Access 2007 runtime installed.

I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
(I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with latest
Runtime.

I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.

I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that step.

The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or not).

Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
compiled OK.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Vanderghast,
>
> THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps this is
> a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
> someone look at this?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message
> > Problem perfectly reproducible here, on Vista (64bits) and Access 2007,
> > but I have other problems too, probably because of co-existence with
> > Access 2003. Have you, you too, other Access versions on the PC with the
> > problem? (note that in my case, Access becomes "Not Responsive", here). I
> > don't know how to solve that problem, though (I am not using Access 2007).
> > Just to confirm there is a reproducible problem.
> >

> > Vanderghast, Access MVP
> >

> > "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow
> >> hyperlink method, using a link value like
> >> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet
> >> Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time.
> >>
> >> However, if I instead just target the main web site
> >> http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not
> >> crash.
> >>
> >> Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with
> >> http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx
> >>
> >> Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes.
> >> The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available page.
> >>
> >> Am I doing something wrong; are .aspx pages prohibited in link values?
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> FlyGuy
> >

> .

Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.

..aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"FlyGuy" wrote:

> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
> reproduce this.
>
> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002 runtime
> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
>
> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with latest
> Runtime.
>
> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
>
> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that step.
>
> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or not).
>
> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
> compiled OK.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
> > Vanderghast,
> >
> > THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps this is
> > a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
> > someone look at this?
> >
> > --
> > Gina Whipp
> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >
> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > II
> >
> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >
> > "vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message
> > > Problem perfectly reproducible here, on Vista (64bits) and Access 2007,
> > > but I have other problems too, probably because of co-existence with
> > > Access 2003. Have you, you too, other Access versions on the PC with the
> > > problem? (note that in my case, Access becomes "Not Responsive", here). I
> > > don't know how to solve that problem, though (I am not using Access 2007).
> > > Just to confirm there is a reproducible problem.
> > >

> > > Vanderghast, Access MVP
> > >

> > > "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > .

Okay, well... I'm looking around for some help so hang in there!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
> installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.
>
> .aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>
>> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
>> reproduce this.
>>
>> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002
>> runtime
>> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
>>
>> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
>> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with
>> latest
>> Runtime.
>>
>> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
>>
>> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that
>> step.
>>
>> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or
>> not).
>>
>> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
>> compiled OK.
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> FlyGuy
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>>
>> > Vanderghast,
>> >
>> > THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps
>> > this is
>> > a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
>> > someone look at this?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gina Whipp
>> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>> >
>> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> > Tremors
>> > II
>> >
>> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>> >
>> > "vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Gina
1/21/2010 10:24:29 PM
FlyGuy,

I believe you have found a bug and it would really help if you could send me
a stripped down of your database.  Here's hoping you're still watching this
thread!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
> installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.
>
> .aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> FlyGuy
>

> "FlyGuy" wrote:
>
>> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
>> reproduce this.
>>
>> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002
>> runtime
>> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
>>
>> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
>> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with
>> latest
>> Runtime.
>>
>> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
>>
>> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that
>> step.
>>
>> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or
>> not).
>>
>> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
>> compiled OK.
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> FlyGuy
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>>
>> > Vanderghast,
>> >
>> > THANK YOU... I didn't have the same environment to test.  So perhaps
>> > this is
>> > a bug.  How many of these confirmations do we need to say... HEH, can
>> > someone look at this?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gina Whipp
>> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>> >
>> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> > Tremors
>> > II
>> >
>> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>> >
>> > "vanderghast" <vanderghast@com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Gina
1/23/2010 11:01:53 PM
Gina, I am still following thread.

Do not know what you mean by "stripped down DB"?

However, the issue (bug) is unrelated to any specific DB file; i can create
a new, 1 form, 1 button DB and immediately reproduce the Access 2007 crash.

All one has to do is try and use any link (using any method) from within
Access that targets an ASPX URL.

Please let me know.

Personally, I believe this is a break [or lock down] caused by a recent
Microsoft security update.

Accessing ASPX URLs used to work perfectly until very recently.

If necessary, I can provide a sample Access 2007 DB that demonstrates the
issue.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Bob
--
Thanks,

FlyGuy

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> I believe you have found a bug and it would really help if you could send me
> a stripped down of your database.  Here's hoping you're still watching this
> thread!
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
> > installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.
> >
> > .aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "FlyGuy" wrote:
> >
> >> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
> >> reproduce this.
> >>
> >> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002
> >> runtime
> >> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
> >>
> >> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a new
> >> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with
> >> latest
> >> Runtime.
> >>
> >> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
> >>
> >> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past that
> >> step.
> >>
> >> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or
> >> not).
> >>
> >> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
> >> compiled OK.
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> FlyGuy

> .

FlyGuy,

Since it doesn't happen on my machine I want to be sure I get a database
that exhibits the issue to submit.  You can get my eMail address from my web
site  http://www.regina-whipp.com  I don't post it here because I really
don't want the spam.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> FlyGuy,
>
> I believe you have found a bug and it would really help if you could send
> me
> a stripped down of your database.  Here's hoping you're still watching
> this
> thread!
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> "FlyGuy" <FlyGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Microsift today released an important update for IE 8 on Vista; I just
> > installed it; unfortunately, it did not fix the issue here.
> >
> > .aspx links still crash (non responding until touch UI) Access.
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > FlyGuy
> >

> > "FlyGuy" wrote:
> >
> >> I am finally seeing my earlier posts; glad [but sorry] someone else can
> >> reproduce this.
> >>
> >> I only have full version of Access 2007, but I do have  Access 2002
> >> runtime
> >> and Access 2007 runtime installed.
> >>
> >> I'm guessing this is a security bug related to recently installing a
> >> new
> >> (I'm developing still) Access 2007 app which will be distributed with
> >> latest
> >> Runtime.
> >>
> >> I packaged it 1 week ago and installed on my PC for a test.
> >>
> >> I already had Access 2007 runtime installed, so installer went past
> >> that
> >> step.
> >>
> >> The app works perfectly when run as accdb, accde, or accdr (packaged or
> >> not).
> >>
> >> Otherwise, all code works perfectly in all my apps; and all has been
> >> compiled OK.
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> FlyGuy

> .

0
Gina

storing and reusing a value?
Hi all, simple question here: How do you store a calculated value as a temporary name/variable and reuse it by calling that variable instead of doing the calculation again? For example, is it possible to shorten something like: IF(ISNUMBER(VLOOKUP(A1,A:B,2)),VLOOKUP(A1,A:B,2),"N/A") into something like this: IF(ISNUMBER(variable=VLOOKUP(A1,A:B,2)),variable,"N/A") Thanks. Put =VLOOKUP(A1,A:B,2) in a cell say H1 and use =IF(ISNUMBER(H1),H1,"N/A") But if you are happy with N/A, then =VLOOKUP(A1,A:B,2) is good enough as it will return #N/A if not found. -- ...

how do I plot a constant value in a line graph?
I would like to plot an upper and lower limit in my line graph of experimental data - is there any easy way to do this? I know I have seen people do it before with something like ={100,100} or something - but I can't get it to fill every space across my data range. I am using Excel 2002. Hi, IMHO, I would add a line filled with the constant value ... Cheers Carim -- Carim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33259 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

How to find paired values in one column
How to find paired values (e.g. Surnames or Names) in one colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Change default value without influencing old records
There are the following tables: tblSuppliers supplierName (PK) invoicePaymentTime (other fields) tblGoods goodsID (PK) goodsName supplierName (FK) Each time I choose a "Supplier Name" I want "Invoice Payment Time" to be filled with a corresponding value (30,60 days etc.). My form uses a combo box for supplier name which asigns these values. QUESTION: In case "Invoice Payment Time" for a supplier changes (30 -> 45 days) I want a new value to be used for new records and don't modify existing ones. The above described design doesn&#...

Crash in CWnd::DefWindowProc
Hello, I'm getting an unhandled exception in CWnd::DefWindowProc() at line: return ::CallWindowProc(m_pfnSuper, m_hWnd, nMsg, wParam, lParam); Any ideas why this is happening when I close a dialog box? Thanks Simon Jefferies jefferies_simon(nospam)@hotmail.com ...

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

function help for counting text as a value....
I have a schedule spreadsheet. i have 7 names in column A starting at row 4 the assignments are in Column B through O representing 2 weeks. (yes i have them labeled too in rows 2 and 3 for day of the week and the date) i can't remember the formula for calculating the assignment as a value of 12. here is an example of my spreadsheet. Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat 17-Jan 18-Jan 19-Jan 20-Jan 21-Jan 22-Jan 23-Jan 24-Jan 25-Jan 26-Jan 27-Jan 28-Jan 29-Jan 30-Jan Theresa AJ D AJ D OFF AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ D OFF OFF AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ...

Capture value in worksheet & use in macro code
in macro have code: 01=Range("a3").value cell a3 is in worksheet & can contain word "Product:" or a number like 4 what code can I use to use what is captured in 01 above in a line of macro code such as: selection,autofilter filter = (value of 01) I am trying to run an autofilter from fields located in worksheet. thanks rleonard selection,autofilter filter = 01 "Robert E. Leonard Sr" <rleonard@mich.com> wrote in message news:e6fqv97uGHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > in macro have code: > 01=Range("a3").value > > > cel...

HOWTO access resource mailboxes with OWA?
Hi there, when we migrated from NT 4.0 to SBS 2003 we used the migration wizard to create resource mailboxes if a user had a second mailbox associated with him. Now, with Outlook everything works fine. The user logs in to the domain and every user has two Outlook profiles which give him access to his mailboxes. But how can we access the other mailboxes with OWA? I tried to give one of the resource accounts, which the migration wizard created with an empty login name, a login name, a password and enabled the account. But I still cannot login to OWA. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for you...

can I use Access for Stock Trading analysis?
Greetings, Are there any Access Templates that I can use to do some Stock analysis, scanning, and decision making for trading? Hambone, Have you tried a Google search? Try... "microsoft access" templates I got a lot of hits, including... http://tinyurl.com/yezb3ha -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Hambone" <Hambone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

double-click to new form in Access 2003
An application (which I am not familiar with) was written in Access 2002. There is a form with a subform where double-clicking on a row is supposed to go to another form using the information from the selected row in the subform. The user's Access has been upgraded to Access 2003 and double-clicking now brings him to an empty form rather than the next form according to the fields of the selected row. I have Access 2002. However on my computer, double-clicking doesn't do anything. The Action on On Dbl Clk on the fields in the Details section of the subform of the main form is OpenF...

Forbidden Access
If I click a link in an e-mail, I am told I am not permitted access and to see my network administrator. Where do i look to fix this? Thanks Psychman psychman <as1@nospamntlworld.com> wrote: > If I click a link in an e-mail, I am told I am not permitted access > and to see my network administrator. Where do i look to fix this? > Thanks What browser and version are you using? What is the EXACT message and are there any inputs Outlook seeks? -- Brian Tillman > What browser and version are you using? What is the EXACT message and are > there any inputs Outlook...

Overlaying bars so that lesser value is on top
Hello, I have a chart with the following data : - 2004 2005 Jan 3 4 Feb 2 2 Mar 5 1 Apr 4 2 May 2 3 Jun 2 4 Jul 5 3 Aug 3 2 Sep 4 5 Oct 4 4 Nov 3 3 Dec 1 2 I would like to show a horizontal bar chart, but with only one bar for each month, what i would like is to see the lower value on top of the higher value. is this possible? -- Lynxbci3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396147 If I...

CRM 4 Async service crashing
Hello, My CRM 4 Async service is crashing. The error reports contain the following information: ErrorSubPath=Generic\crmmanaged\4.0.7333.3\crmasyncservice\microsoft.crm\the request failed with http status 401_ unauthorized.;hash='1045149960' Stage1URL=/StageOne/Generic/crmmanaged/4.0.7333.3/crmasyncservice/microsoft.crm/the request failed with http status 401_ unauthorized.;hash='1045149960'.htm Stage2URL=/dw/generictwo.asp?EventType=crmmanaged&P1=4.0.7333.3&P2=crmasyncservice&P3=microsoft.crm&P4=the request failed with http status 401_ unauthorized.;hash...

Get values from blank cells
Hi, I have some width and height values in several columns with a lot of blank cells of sheet2. Like this: A B C blank blank 2*987 blank blank blank blank 4*500 blank 5*400 blank blank How can I get only the cells with values in column A of sheet1: A 5*400 4*500 2*987 Can this be done! Thank you so much What do you want to do if there are two values in a row? Average them? Add them? Both of these would work as long as if the values were numbers or blank. "canvas" <spyele123@gmail...

Hyperlinks to OneNote opens Chrome not OneNote
A few days ago these same links worked. Now whenever I click them Excel opens/switches to Google Chrome (my default browser). Thanks in advance for any suggestions Vista Business, Onenote 2007, Excel 2007 ...

Access mailing lables
Hear is the problem. I have a excel spreadsheet with 2165 records (firstname, lastname, address, etc). I need to reduce the mailing list to one mailing per household, so therefore I need to merge firstname when the last name is the same and the street address is the same. I will import to access to run the mailing label report but I am new to access (ultimate 2007) and need help. Please be gentle. You do know that you can use mailing labels with Word accessing data from Excel dont you? "CHUCK" <liferules04@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194469068.867446.222700@57g2000hs...

money 2005 crash after XP SP2
Hi all please help me I keep getting this send error to Microsoft the second my money file opens. The interesting is that a new file can be created and the money software won't crash, only with my money file I get this error, I was sure it’s the SP2 or Norton 2005 antivirus. i tried disabling while installing (didnt worked) error : appName : msmoney.exe AppVer:14.0.0.805 ModName: msofd.dll I am using money 2005. I tried your solution but nothing is working. Not with the 2004 nor 2005 money file. please tell me if you got something Eliran I'm in the same boat as you of 3 d...

Outlook Express Crashes when receiving incoming mail
I have Windows XP Media Center Edition. I am able to send email messages with Outlook Express, but the program crashes every time I log on and incoming messages are downloaded. I keep getting the same old 7 messages downloaded as new and then the crash notice appears: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'getmail.henline.com', Server: 'getmail.henline.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 563 octets follow.', Port: 11...

Create Email From Access W/Information From Form or Query in
I have designed Databases for many years now, but never attempted this: I need to know how to create an email with information located in the active form or off of a query. I would like to have the email automatically generated with the To Address, The Subject Line and the Body of the Text. I would like that email to open but not to send until the operator has a chance to make modifications. (one record per email). -- Mark Matzke "mmatzke@comcast.net" <mmatzkecomcastnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3F01720-2676-4DE6-A881-0E640CAF4CB5@microsoft.com...

Access 2007 Package Solution Wizard
I have successfully used the Access 2007 Package Solution Wizard to deploy my databases to computers without Access 2007 and it really works great. It saves a lot of trouble, money, and makes my database install & run like a real application. But one simple problem still eludes me: - How do I enter the Install Subfolders Path under Additional files? I have tried using: c:\filename (but the Wizard does not allow / or : etc..?) I have tried using: %WINDOWS%SYSTEM32 but this just creates a folder by that name and puts the files inside? I have searched the web but no one explains the proper...

using constants as a propoerty value
lets say i want to set, on multiple forms, the header background color to #123456 (as shade of light blue) can i declare "const LtBlue = #123456" (where i would do this i do not know) and then set the property for the header background color to LtBlue (on each form) or do i need to add some code for the on-activate event of each form that sets the property to LtBlue? thanks in advance, -mark In a standard Module, near the top, under the Option Compare Database statement, declare your constant like this Public Const YourConstantName = YourConstantValue then in any cod...

Opening a file created with access 2003 with access 97
Can you open and access 2003 data base using access 97 ? I've got one that I can't seem to open as it says that it doesn't recognize the db format. -- jdw On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:14:02 -0800, jdw <jdw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you open and access 2003 data base using access 97 ? I've got one that I >can't seem to open as it says that it doesn't recognize the db format. No. The programmers who developed Access97 in 1996 or so did not have the luxury of having an Access 2003 database available to work with, since it did not exist yet and w...

Converting Access Forms to Webforms
Hello, I've scanned through the forums here and didn't notice any up-to-date links for my answer, so I thought I'd post my question and see if I could get any response that I could understand, lol. I have several databases that individuals use with user interfaces (forms) that I would love to be able to convert, and still retain their functionality with the database, to a webpage. How can I successfully do this? The forms themselves are a lot of work in combination with queries and reports, and I'd rather not have to recode them all if possible. If this is possible, ...