Format- problems

I have a query with the following :
Format(tblAvvikelser.regDate,"yyyy/mm"). If I put in 2010-05-27 (swedish
date format), it should return 2010-05.
On some clients it works fine but in others I receive an error, telling me
that the format can not be solved.
Why???

Copied form a post I saw about 1 month ago:
Access will struggle to interpret a date. The text string "3/10/2010" will
be interpreted as March 10 (even if the user intended it to be 3 October),
but it will give a JDate value. "4/30/2010" will similarly be April 30 (and
it won't try it the other way since there's no 30th month). "30/4/2010" will
be intepreted as April 30, even though it's d/m/y, since the alternative
isn't a valid date.

So it will read the date as mm/dd/yyyy if it makes sense that way; only if
the day number is greater than 12 will it try to turn it around.

The Format() function recognizes date/time values according to the Microsoft
conventions:
http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/date/format.php
http://www.webcheatsheet.com/sql/access_functions/format.php

--
Ryan---

"Ulf Malmros" wrote:

> I have a query with the following :
> Format(tblAvvikelser.regDate,"yyyy/mm"). If I put in 2010-05-27 (swedish
> date format), it should return 2010-05.
> On some clients it works fine but in others I receive an error, telling me
> that the format can not be solved.
> Why???

negative number format

outlook problem (information store could not be opened)
I cannot start my outlook program. It says that the information store could not be opened. Is there a way to fix this problem. I really need to go in and look at my recent e-mails also. Thanks. Sheldon What version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sheldon asked: | I cannot start my outlook program. It says that the | information store could n...

Change date format to European format

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Problem deploying a cube with a caculated member
I posted this question in the OLAP group a few days ago and have gotten no response, so I thought I'd try here. I apologize for the repeated post and if this is not the appropriate group for this question. I'm using SQL Server 2005. I used BIDS to create a cube with several measures (one measure group), and I'm trying to add a calculated member using 2 of the measures. Without the calculated member, the cube deploys successfully. I can create the calculated member and the cube builds with no errors, but when I try to deploy the cube I get the MdxScript error messag...

Posting setup
Our client has noticed some flaws in the Posting Setup window. When you choose the series (eg. Purchasing) and Origin All, it always defaults to certain fields. For example, the Posting Date From is always defaulted to Batch. If you have selected Transactions for all the purchasing windows, and then you exit this window by clicking on OK, it actually overwrites all the windows so that they are all using Posting Date From Batch instead of Transaction. This raises concerns with our client and they believe that it needs to be improved. This has caused problems several times and they ha...

How to format the value in a cell?

Problems with HTML-import
When I import data from an HTML-file the values is not=20 numeric but text. It is shown with a little green sign=20 upper left i a cell. Has anyone a suggestion why this is happening cause I=20 di=B4n=B4t have the problem in Office 97? Are you concerned with the little green sign? If yes, it's excel 2002's way of showing you that something appears wrong. If you select the cell, you'll see a little "caution" icon near your cell. Click on it and you'll see what excel is warning you about. xl will even give you a chance to convert the text number to number number. ...

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Excel Problem with Width=1.00
Draw a shape, for example rectangle and make its width=1cm. Then open its properties again and look its width. It's 1.01 cm now Is there any way to make the widths of shapes or images EXACTLY 1 cm. ...

public folder permissions problem
I have a public folder on Exchange 2003 that a user is having problem reading the contents. He is using Outlook 2003. I have given the group, let's call it "Ops" Reviewer permissions. He is part of the "Ops" group. He can see the folder exists under the All Public Folders branch and can see the listing of messages. However, when he tries to open any of the messages, he is getting an error saying insufficient permissions. I then asked him to try a different computer and that made no difference. After that, I tried to explicitly give him Reviewer permissions,...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Linking problem AtlAxGetControl
Hi I am getting the following error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AtlAxGetControl@8 I assume that there is a library of some type that i need to somehow link (im v new to VC) but im am not sure how to go about adding the library or which library i am misisng Thanks a lot for your help. Todd. ...