Excel Automation - Delete sheets using access VBA

I can delete a sheet using the code below, is it possible to automate this
process? To create this report takes about 5 mins to proccess all the sheets
and generate a summary, after this i need to delete the scratch pad sheets
and continue the automation and sent the report with Outlook.

Dim AppOutLook
Dim MailOutLook
Dim olmailItem
Set AppOutLook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set MailOutLook = AppOutLook.CreateItem(olmailItem)
Dim Excel_Application As Excel.Application
Dim Excel_Workbook As Excel.Workbook
Dim Current_Worksheet As Excel.Worksheet
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Weekly report
for", gg, True
Set Excel_Workbook = GetObject(gg)
Set Excel_Application = Excel_Workbook.Parent
Excel_Application.WindowState = xlMinimized
Excel_Application.Visible = True
Excel_Workbook.Windows(1).Visible = True
Excel_Application.Worksheets.Add
Excel_Workbook.Worksheets(1).Name = "Summary"
Excel_Workbook.Worksheets(15).Name = "Scratch Pad1"
Excel_Workbook.Worksheets("Scratch Pad1").Delete

The above line causes excel to popup a msgbox requesting confirmation to
delete the sheet, This stops the automation. is it possible to get around
this by using sendkeys ?

Could it be similar to the following ?
    With MailOutLook
        .To = to_List
        .Subject = "Weekly Status Report"
        .Attachments.Add gg
        .Body = "Please find attached the weekly report."
        .Display
        SendKeys "%{ENTER}", True

trevorC

I copied this from my site:

It is quite easy to perform operations in Excel, and control the entire
process from Access.

Make sure you set a reference to Excel, and then run this code in an Access
module:

Option Compare Database

Option Explicit ' Use this to make sure your variables are defined

' One way to be able to use these objects throughout the Module is to
Declare them here, and not in a Sub

Private objExcel As Excel.Application

Private xlWB As Excel.Workbook

Private xlWS As Excel.Worksheet

Sub Rep()

Dim strFile As String

strFile = "C:\Documents and Settings\rshuell\Desktop\Ryan\Crosstab Query.xls"

‘Of course, this is just an example; put the actual path to your actual file
here…

' Opens Excel and makes it Visible

Set objExcel = New Excel.Application

objExcel.Visible = True

' Opens up a Workbook

Set xlWB = objExcel.Workbooks.Open(strFile)

' Sets the Workseet to the last active sheet - Better to use the commented
version and use the name of the sheet.

Set xlWS = xlWB.ActiveSheet

' Set xlWS = xlWB("Sheet1")

With xlWS ' You are now working with the Named file and the named worksheet

' Your Excel code begins here…you can record a macro and make the process
super easy!!

End With

' Close and Cleanup

xlWB.SaveAs xlSaveFile

xlWB.Close

xlapp.Quit

Set xlapp = Nothing

End Sub

HTH,
Ryan---
--
Ryan---

"trevorC via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I can delete a sheet using the code below, is it possible to automate this
> process? To create this report takes about 5 mins to proccess all the sheets
> and generate a summary, after this i need to delete the scratch pad sheets
> and continue the automation and sent the report with Outlook.
>
> Dim AppOutLook
> Dim MailOutLook
> Dim olmailItem
> Set AppOutLook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> Set MailOutLook = AppOutLook.CreateItem(olmailItem)
> Dim Excel_Application As Excel.Application
> Dim Excel_Workbook As Excel.Workbook
> Dim Current_Worksheet As Excel.Worksheet
> DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Weekly report
> for", gg, True
> Set Excel_Workbook = GetObject(gg)
> Set Excel_Application = Excel_Workbook.Parent
> Excel_Application.WindowState = xlMinimized
> Excel_Application.Visible = True
> Excel_Workbook.Windows(1).Visible = True
> Excel_Application.Worksheets.Add
> Excel_Workbook.Worksheets(1).Name = "Summary"
> Excel_Workbook.Worksheets(15).Name = "Scratch Pad1"
> Excel_Workbook.Worksheets("Scratch Pad1").Delete
>
> The above line causes excel to popup a msgbox requesting confirmation to
> delete the sheet, This stops the automation. is it possible to get around
> this by using sendkeys ?
>
> Could it be similar to the following ?
>     With MailOutLook
>         .To = to_List
>         .Subject = "Weekly Status Report"
>         .Attachments.Add gg
>         .Body = "Please find attached the weekly report."
>         .Display
>         SendKeys "%{ENTER}", True

> .

Printing an Excel doucument

Newbie: How to Access Controls on a Dialog
I'm making my first stab at an MFC program. Basically a dialog box with some controls. I started out with basic edit boxes placed on the main dialog using the resource editor in VC++ (6.0). To set text, I have been using the SetDlgItemText(IDC_MYEDITBOX, "Sample Text"). Works fine. Now I working with Check Boxes. Okay, placed it using the dialog editor. Looked for some sort of equivalent to SetDlgItemText to check and uncheck the box using the control ID ("IDC_MYFIRSTCHECKBOX"). Nothing. Reading through Prosise's "Programming Windows with MFC"...

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

version excel

double line spacing using excel 2000

Can't access my newspaper in Outlook any more
For years, I have been reading my daily newspaper via my Outlook. It is delivered daily via e-mail. Today, it was delivered via e-mail as alwys, BUT I was not allowed to open it. The message from Outlook says that it had been blocked and to contact my system administrator. Since I am using my home computer (as always!) I am wondering what gives. Does it have anything to do with the Outlook Connector items that were downloaded automatically sometime recently without warning. If you put the attachment on your desktop,can you open it then ??? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsg...

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Append data to table...Access to 97 conversion error
Error 2391, Field 'F1' doesn't exist in the destination table Why do I get this error when I try to append data from a .csv file into an Acces table code line: DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "Invoice", Filename, False Please help ...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...

Outlook 2003: Run-time error / Automation Error
We have been using a 3rd party add-in for several years with various configurations of Outlook/Windows and Exchange 5.5. The application is called organiziQ.Team and we are no longer eligible for support (nor does the company support the product anymore to my knowledge). It allows the user to focus on an individual calendar while seeing an overview of multiple calendars at the same time. Anyway, I'm trying out Office 2003 (we have it anyway through our organization) and I can't seem to get the application to launch properly. The system is fully patched. I'll add the add-in, the...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...