Disable MS Office Button & Navigation Pane

Is it possible to remove the 'New', 'Open' and 'Save As','Close Database'
and 'Access Options' options from the MS Office Button? I created a custom
Ribbon that strips everything out, but would like to get these options out
of the hands of the users.

Also, is it possible to hide the Navigation Bar as well?

My app very thoroughly handles user navigation, not to mention that I don't
want the users to have access to any of these options at all.

0
David

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Tracking numbers in MS Publisher 2003
I am happy merging a list of tracking numbers into MS Publisher 2003 from Excel. If I want one per page there is no problem. BUT I now wish to have four coupons per page each with its own tracking number. Can any one tell me how to do this? When you do this sort of merge you can only have one coupon on your page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Richardmac" <Richardmac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DB844F6-4A1D-4761-A72B-95DCAA361591@microsoft.com... >I am happy merging a li...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

MS Outlook & Outlook Express Synchronization
Could some one please help me in the following inquiry: How can I synchronize my contacts between Outlook Express and MS Outlook? Thanx. Ahmed There really isnt a way to synchronize the contacts in Outlook with the contacts in Outlook Express. The only way to do something similar would be to import from Outlook Express to Outlook and import from Outlook to Outlook Express but this would have to be done any time there was a change and you may have some issues with duplicates being created. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Se...

Slow MS Access DB over WAN
We have an MS Access 2000 application run over a WAN (wintel server). It is built with a frontend on the users machine and backend on the shared drive of the server. The shared drive is near the root (2 folders away), is accessed by 50 or less people running Access 2000 to 2003 over the WAN, the backend is less than 50 MBs in size, and has only 150,000 records in it. The DB runs exceptionally slow! Just opening forms or reports can take two minutes each! Very frustrating! We have followed Microsoft's recommendations for building this thing but is so slow that it is not very useable. ...

Out of office #15
We are using Office XP and when the user goes into outlook and tries to set her out of office it does not show up under tools. The option is missing. Is this something we missed in the install? Rebecca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are using Office XP and when the user goes into outlook > and tries to set her out of office it does not show up > under tools. The option is missing. Is this something we > missed in the install? Yes. What you missed is using an Exchange server. The Out-of-Office Assistant exists only when using Exchange as the back...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Office XP media content?
I have Office 2003 Small Business edition and running Windows XP Home. Will my old Office XP Media Content disc install and work with Publisher 2003 (and the rest of Office 2003 Small Business Edition)? I installed the media content on my old Office XP setup and don't want to have to continually access the disc when I'm making up publications with the 2003 version. You can install the XP media disk, it will work fine with the 2003 Organizer. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

MS Money 99 Investment Online Setup Problem
Hi all: I am having a problem after I tried upgrading my MS Money from 99 to 2001. The 2001 crashed on my machine (not during the install, just when trying to run it), so I reverted back to MS Money 99. Now, everytime I try to access one of my Investment accounts, for example Ameritrade, it gives me the following errors: Money would like you to confirm that your online setup information is correct before you continue to use Direct Statements or Direct Bill Payment. Click The Investment Offerings button and follow the instructions to update profile information for your financial in...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

MS Outlook MX and Lotus Notes Issue
Whenever someone using Lotus Notes (Mac) send me an email, part of the message displays as a notepad attachment (even though it wasn't sent as one). I'm using Microsoft Outlook MX (PC). The notepad attachments are named, "ATT00033.txt" - The "ATT" is always constant but the numbers change. I check my settings in Outook and couldn't find anything. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? I'm not familiar with the MX version :) but it's a common problem, usually caused by the mail server, not the OS. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

MS SPLA Dynamics CRM Service Provider Edition 4.0 (QHH-00002)
OK, The Microsoft site indicates there are only three editions for CRM 4.0 with 90-day trial keys; however, our SPLA software provider has the media for the edition mentioned in the subject line. We've been told that the SPLA VLK edition of CRM 4.0 wouldn't ship till Feb. 1. We've also been told that the VLK is built into these particular binaries. Can someone clarify which edition a Service Provider needs to run in order to host CRM as a MS partner? I'm assuming this is the correct edition, however my only concern are the license keys. Thanks. -matt On Jan 23, 8:28 am,...

Publisher 97 with Office 2002
I have a CD for Microsoft Publisher 97, which was included in Office 97, from my previous computer that had Windows 95, updated to Windows 98. Now I have a Windows XP computer, with Office 2002, but it did not include Publisher. Can I install my old version Publisher 97 onto this computer? Will it be compatible with Office 2002? Or would it be better/ worthwhile to purchase a copy of Publisher 2002 (or whatever the current version is? Thanks much for your help. You should have no problems installing Publisher 97. If you do upgrade to a new Publisher, wait until Publisher 2003 is intro...