Delete/import a table from csv; wait for no users?

Hi guys,

Could you please tell me if I should wait on a back end that no users are
connected before re-importing a table?

Basically I have csv files that I import into tables that are my libraries,
or my hierarchy if you want. They have 1000 records max, but I was wondering
if I can do that while users are on the db?
They will mainly run queries and reports, so no record locks supposedly.

For now I only trigger the import on the load event of the main form, if the
ldb file is not present in the back end folder, but it means that only the
first user who opens the db will be able to trigger the import... and who
knows if he will ever be able to log alone. It would be luck but I don't
know...

Anyhow thanks for any answer and for that great forum.
T_D

Shouldn't be an issue.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"The Dude" <f_com2�AT�yahoo�DOT�fr> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> Could you please tell me if I should wait on a back end that no users are
> connected before re-importing a table?
>
> Basically I have csv files that I import into tables that are my
> libraries,
> or my hierarchy if you want. They have 1000 records max, but I was
> wondering
> if I can do that while users are on the db?
> They will mainly run queries and reports, so no record locks supposedly.
>
> For now I only trigger the import on the load event of the main form, if
> the
> ldb file is not present in the back end folder, but it means that only the
> first user who opens the db will be able to trigger the import... and who
> knows if he will ever be able to log alone. It would be luck but I don't
> know...
>
> Anyhow thanks for any answer and for that great forum.
> T_D

0
Douglas
5/12/2010 3:12:18 PM
Ok thanks Douglas

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Shouldn't be an issue.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

Need Assist with Macro
I want to import manual PM checks. Since IM v10 no longer has a direct-to-table adapter (thanks, MS :)), I would like create a mail merge macro for the task. I am having trouble with the Apply Payables Document window and the "need" to specify the line number (i.e. MoveTo line 2, TypeTo line 2, etc.). Anyone know how to get around having to specify the line number? This is the test macro I have thus far which works with TWO. Thanks in advance. # DEXVERSION=10.0.320.0 2 2 CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form 'PM_Manual_Payments' window 'PM_Manual...

Cannot delete subreport

pulling table modified date
hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the form. any ideas? TIA Ted also I forgot to mention the table is in a different database "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message news:uLzIPc$ZIHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the > Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the > form. any ideas? > > TIA > Ted > > > You could get the creatio...

Rule for Deleted Items

Manipulating Pivot Table Data Fields
Hi all, Have a question regarding the Data Field in pivot tables. I have a number of rows that have repeating values. What I want in the Data Field (Sum) is a count of DISTINCT values in the column. ie: FR065817 \ FR065817 |----> counted as one FR065817 / FR066154 \___> counted as one FR066154 / FR066158 -----> counted as one FR066159 \___> counted as one FR066159 / However I need all the data in the table as I'm using other columns for different fields in the pivot table. Is there a way to do this? If I have to split the table somehow, I'm willing to do...

Making changes to customizations.xml and re-importing
On one of my first installations, using the wizard, I made the mistake of renaming accounts to vendors. Using customization, I went into the account entity and changed every reference to vendor to account that I could. But in some of the public views, like when I click account using Internet Explorer the first column says vendor name. If I export customizations and open the customizations.xml in FrontPage I can find all the references to vendor name. [We have a graphic design department, so we are a little familiar with XML, but the inpact of changes on MS CRM 3.0. They feel it is s...

Delete macros

Import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003
I just installed office 2003 I think I clicked the wrong button and it did not import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003 How can I do this now? Export from OE to Office and it's a lot nicer. john wrote: > I just installed office 2003 I think I clicked the wrong button and > it did not import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003 > How can I do this now? ...

make table not replacing table on back end
Access 2003 I have split my database and distributed the FE to users The database has an ODBC connection to Lotus Notes. I create a make table query called q00NonconformMKTbl to dump the data from the Lotus Notes ODBC connection to the tNonconformance table. But since the database is split when i run the Make table it is only updating on my instance of the FE. Is there a why to do a Make table and specify to delete and recreate the table in the BE? It was making me crazy until i figured why only my db was updating with lates data. -- deb Instead of dropping a tab...

Importing a CSV file
I want to import a file into physical inventory. Here is what I do: 1) Run a Quantity report(I don't think the report really matters) 2) I put it in alphabetical order, then I export it using RMS Manager into a ..CSV file 3) I go into Inventory > Physical Inventory, and I click on New and Manuel Entry 4) I import the file...it works just fine!!! BUT If you in any way alter the .CSV file, and save it again, in the same format Steps 1 - 4 won't work...WHY WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG??? -- Thank You Vince :) The problem might be the Item Lookup Codes are being modified by ...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

how to view 2 tables in design view side by side (access 2007)
I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in design view. How is this done in access 2007. Click on the Office Button, at the bottom right click the Access Options, select Current Database, under Applications Options - Data Window Options unselect Display Document Tabs and select Overlapping Windows. You will need to restart Access to take affect. -- Build a little, test a little. "celeste" wrote: > I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in > design view. How is this done in access 2007. ...

Delete blank Last page

OWA not allowing child users
I have a child domain and the users in the child domain can open their emails that reside on the root normaly, but when trying to use OutlookWebAccess internaly or externaly they are not allowed. I tryed giving full access to exchage folder for those users, I also change the settings of Default web site to \. I also gave users the right to logon locally to the exchange server. Any ideas please help ...

Import from Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2003
I am trying to upgrade to Office/Outlook 20003 from Outlook Express (6.00.2900.280). System is running on XP Pro and is fully patched/updated. Testing shows the following: 1. Importing using Outlook 2003 from OE6: individual email 'sent' and 'modified' dates are both (re)set to the date(s) of import, not the original date in OE6; the 'received' date being correct. Emails can be grouped/threaded by conversation. 2. Exporting from OE6 into Outlook 2003: individual email 'sent' and 'received' dates are correct, but 'modified' dates are (re)se...

When I search this group w/my user name nothing from 2010 comes up
Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? Try clicking on your own name, this opens your profile pop-up. In the pop-up, click on "Recent posts by this user". I just tried it and it displayed a couple of your 2010 posts somewhere further down in the listing. -- Max Singapore --- "Meenie" wrote: > Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? The web interface for this newsgroup doesn't work so well. You could access the newsgroup directly using a newsreader instead at this address news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.mi...