create a form that collects parameters

Hi,
i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be
published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide what to do

i refered the link below
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100963141033.aspx#form_param

in this some mistake is there in the macro can somebody help me out.

if any template for search form is available please let me know.
thank you,
--
Kalai

Maybe something like this:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm

This could be very helpful too:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut06.htm

Also, I think you should take a look at these videos:
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/smartparams.html
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/multiparameterbox.html
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/formdateparams.html

Good lick with your project!!

--
Ryan---

"Kalai" wrote:

> Hi,
> i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be
> published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide what to do
>
> i refered the link below
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100963141033.aspx#form_param
>
> in this some mistake is there in the macro can somebody help me out.
>
> if any template for search form is available please let me know.
> thank you,
> --
> Kalai

Creating a book of song lyrics
I have song lyrics on sepearte word documents. I want to compile all of them so I can print a booklike journal. Can anyone help me, Thanks Michael ...

form letters
right now I am trying to design a form letter in excel. I can get all of the information to pull just fine. But trying to get it to look right in a text box is difficult. The letter is based off of different equipment people purchase. Example: the letter will change based on the furnace, air conditioner, filter, etc. that the customer buys. there are truckloads of different possible letters. Using vlookups and concatenate I can get the letter to appear in a textbox, however it doesnt have paragraphs. It's just all one lump. I have tried using seperate textboxes for each paragraph ...

Persistent data in Access 2003 forms
Everyone, I have a form which is bound to a table. There are about 10 fields on the form, and my users would like for all but 2 of the fields they enter on this form as part of a new record to persist on the form (like default values) for the next record. I have to be overlooking something... Is there a property on the field that I can set to allow the field values entered to be carried over to the next record? Thanks in advance, Scott On Aug 7, 9:39 pm, Scott.As...@SMNA.com wrote: > Everyone, > > I have a form which is bound to a table. There are about 10 fields on > the ...

Form not showing correct record order
I created a form with a subform that shows the related records. For all 7 main categories there is a list of items which show up alphabetized by level and title. The data was entered in the table sorted by level and alphabetized by title. When I pull up any of the categories except one the data shows correctly. In the one category, for one level only, the data has records out of order. The first 15 or so records do not show up until after the 30th record. All of the records are in order up to that point, and including the 15 that are out of sync. I cannot determine any reason behind the...

Form Title Bar
thank you my question is: I don't want any text appear in the (form title bar)? my solution is I put dot (.)in the caption or border style = None is there any other solution? thank you Just type a space - no dot needed. It will retain the blank space. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "a" wrote: > thank you > my question is: > I don't want any text appear in the (form title bar)? > > my s...

Creating multiple records from a single record
Hi, Gang, I'm a bit perplexed with how I can perform this task. I have a set of data that is arranged such as this: Function e_p_date1 e_p_date2 e_p_date3 Training1 1/1/2010 1/2/2010 1/3/2010 Training2 1/4/2010 [null] [null] I want to turn that into something more like below in order to add into my crosstab query to calculate the number of events per function (currently the crosstab is only calculating one training). Function e_p_date Training1 1/1/2010 Training1 1/2/2010 Training1 1/3/2010 Train...

How to create a blank storage group and also remove storage groups
Hello everyone, I have moved my mailboxes to another server but I will still like to keep the previous server running for the SMTP gateway and site connectors, etc. I like to get rid of the storage goups first. Can I just go and delete the mailbox stores and then the storage groups, or is there any other process I need to do? Also I know I have to keep the default "First storage group/Mailbox Store (servername)" alive for the services to run since the system attendent account is on it, but I like to empty the database. Although I have moved all the mailboxes but the dat...

SSL port removed form IIS autometiclly
HI I have one problem with my OWA I have enable the SSL on my OWA (running on Frount-end) and its working fine. Problem is this after every day SLL port seeting form IIS is removed autometically and OWA is not accessible by users aand i have to manually give SSL port in OWA virtual server the next day. In Exchange system manager HTTP virtual server SSL port setting is disabled and i can not configure SLL port from Exchange System Manager. I am not using the default http virtual server in owa. Can nay one help Try exporting the certificate. Then remove the certificate and them import...

Outlook Public Folder Helpdesk Form
Does anyone happen to have an IT Helpdesk form for Outlook that I can use in my public folders? Or does anyone know where I might find one or some? I know I can create one of my own, but it's just one more thing that's going to vacuum up time that I really don't have time to generate... Thanks, -David ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- There's a stack of forms lis...

Pass value to form
How do I pass the value from one from to another? I have a form that I want to pass the value in one field to a form that is opened by pressing a button. Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 Are you trying to have the second form open to a specific record based on the value of the control in the first form, or are you trying to actually insert a value into a control on the second form? "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > How do I pass ...

unable to create public folder
Hi there, i am using MS exchange 2003 and I accidently setup the DENIED permission everything on EVERYONE group and the public folder is disappear in the ESM. When I go to ESM-SERVER-FIRST STORAGE GROUP-PUBLIC FOLDER, I open everthing on the right side and I receive an errror THERE IS NO SUCH OBJECT ON THE SERVER. FACILIT: WIN32. ID NO C0072030 EXCHANGE SYSTEM MANAGER. I try to create the foldder under the FOLDERS below the TOOLS folder but it won't work, how can I reset the permission for the folder that disappear when I set DENIED everything to everyone. When I go to Outlook, I...

Creating an "Empty" Cell
I have an IF statement that puts "" in cell based on a certain condition. But when I go to chart that cell (along with adjacent cells), that cell gets charted as a ZERO. I would like it to get charted as an "Empty" cell which would leave a gap in the line graph. I want the gap in the line graph indicating that there was no data for that period. I do NOT want to chart a ZERO. The question is . . . is there anyway in an IF statement to say based on a certain condition, make the cell BLANK or EMPTY (especially if the cell previously had data)? Thanks. Ch...

Create a note for an invoice
Hi NG, I'm trying to create an note with attachment for an invaoice withe the CRM Proxy Class. So im looking to the SDK i found the Methode: CRMNotesManager.Create, and it works fine as long i wouldn't create any note with an attachment. But now i want to create an note with an attachment, but i haven't got any idea how I can create an node with attachment. So I hope somebody of you can help me. -- Thanks Andre Grumbach P.S. Please remove 'nospam' from the EMailaddress ...

Print all Tabs of a Report Created from a Form
I created a form that uses a tab control to display two full pages. Page1 and Page2 are the tab's names (index 0 and 1). The two pages are bound to a single table called tblComplaints. Each page was designed to fit on an 8.5" by 11" page and to print as seen on the screen. Then I saved the form as REPORT called rptComplaints. The report looks exactly as the form, it has two pages (two tabs) and each page fits on one page. I am sharing the code I wrote to print the rptComplaints. The code is called from a command button on frmComplaints. It creates a filter t...

Output form to excel with range ????
I've read the code written by Mr Dev on the site but that is not excatly understand how the code is work.I have condition: Some data that I want to output to are on the form Header,and the others are on the detail section of my continuous form.Below is where I've got so far Dim appXL As Object Dim wkb As Object Dim wks As Object Set appXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set wkb = appXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\MyFolder\My Workbook.xls") Set wks = wkb.Worksheets(1) appXL.Visible = True wks.Cells(4, 3) = [Customer] wks.Cells(6, 3) = [LotNo] wks.Cells(7, 3) = [Model] ...

Form size always maximized!
Hi, I've just moved to Access 2007 and I've run into a little problem. My forms are opening in maximized - that is, they take all the screen with the name tab at the top left. I'd like to have the form smaller than maximized, but if I make the form smaller, it just shows the extra as white (the background color) and the form remains 'maximized'. If I open one of my 2003 databases, the forms are smaller, as intended. But if I create a new 2007 database form or even save the database as 2003 format, the forms have the 'maximized' format. Any ideas on how to ...

How to create list of (unique) street names ?
We want a list of all the streets in our data base. How can we create a list of individual street names in our data base? We do not want the name of a street to show more than once on the list... So I guess we want to do a query to find 'unique' or 'individual' street names. (Or do we need a report built on a query?) Thanks for any help. Assuming you have a field named Street in Table1: 1. Create a query using Table1. 2. Drag the Street field into the query grid. 3. Open the Properties box. Looking at the properties of the query (not of a field), set Unique Values t...

Can I create a page template with A4 width, but infinite length?
I would like to be able to create a template with A4 width, but a variable length that increases as I type, just as it does in a default blank document. I am a student and I like to copy and paste lecture notes from Word straight into OneNote (2007). Unfortunately my lecture notes stretch across more than one page of A4. At the moment, seeing as I can't find a way to limit the page width without altering the 'bottomless' page length I am left with two (unsatisfactory) options: (a) copy text into a default blank document, meaning it gets resized when I print, (givi...

SmartList Builder not forming SQL correctly #2
Does anyone know if Problem report 47625: Restrictions don't work if have more than one on a SmartList. There was post almost a year ago that said SP3 - can't tell from the fix list if in SP3 or hotfix. {it points to a bug in Smartlist Builder where more than one restriction does not work because it fails to append an "AND" in the SQL it generates. } Any input is appreacited ...

Hyperlinks not automatically being created
Hi I am using Outlook 2007 and when I type a web address - beginning with http:// and hit space at the end, hyperlinks are no longer automatically created. I have to go to the insert-hyperlink on the menu and do it that way instead. I know I must be overlooking something but I have read through quite a few threads on here to try and find a solution but I am obviously not searching with the correct words. Could anyone assist please? Many thanks. Leigh "wurz" <wurz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0BBA9ED-FD8D-48F3-B110-CFD0533A6...

Form Rounds up Decimal numbers, WHY?
I have two number fields. In the table I have the fields set up as decimal and the format is general number with two decimal places. I have the same format for the fields in the form, but everytime I try to put in a decimal number the form automaticaly rounds it up to the nearest whole numer. Any idea why?? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 When I see that kind of behavior, I look for formatting as an Integer or Long Integer. If you don't find it in the underlying table or in the form, and you don't have co...

Filter Parameter For A Query. Dependant ComboBoxes
I have two forms. Form I consisting of a field "Clients" & "Products". Form II consisting a similar fields "Clients" plus "Products" in form of ComboBoxes. I want the Form II "Products" Combo Box to be reflecting only those as per the Form I which pertain to the "Client" Selected in the first combobox. Please see if you can help me, specially by giving me a source of a similar sample file. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz "Faraz A. Qureshi" <FarazAQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How to I create a Project with Start Date = Unknown
HI, I would like to create a Project and want to add all the TASKS, BUT I dont want to link it to a specifc Start date as this is still unknown, The Start date will be the contract signature date which is unknow. Is there anyway I can create the Project to start on a Unknown date? and then Project still shows you in DAYS, not dates how long the project would take? Somone mention Start date should = T0, (T ZERO) but have no idea what that means -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online....

Form to search
I have just imported a list of addresses and design a form which is linked and i can add and change the lists via the form. But i would like to be able for so one who uses the database to be able to open it and use the form to also search through the database to find a certain address and amend if needed. Many thanks Niel, Put a button on the Form header and add this code into the Click event: rst.MoveFirst Do Until rst.EOF rst.Edit rst![mCheck] = 0 rst.Update rst.MoveNext Loop rst.Close Set rst = Nothing If you want to alternate from check to unchecked change line, rst!...