Conflict in Reference Function

Anyone?

I have a reference set to MS VBA, MS Access 11 object libary, MS DAO Object
Library, MS ActiveX data object, MS Excel 11 object library, and MS Scripting
Runtime.

At this point everything is working fine.  We use "Reflection" to access our
cost system.  I would like to add this library "Reflection for ReGIS
Graphics" or "Reflection for Regis Graphics ActiveX Control 1.0 Type Library"
but when I do I get a conflict with one of my modules' "Left()" function.

VBA syntax uses left([string],[number char]) but the Reflection "Left"
function is different it is looking for "object.Left = value" type of syntax.

How do I resolve this "Function Conflict"?
--
Thanks in advance!
**John**

Hi,
you can use VBA.Left to explicitly call VBA function and Reflection.Left to
call other one, where Reflection is exact name of your library

You can also put VBA higher then Reflection in References list, then Left()
will be VBA function

--
Best regards,
___________

> Anyone?
>
> I have a reference set to MS VBA, MS Access 11 object libary, MS DAO
> Object
> Library, MS ActiveX data object, MS Excel 11 object library, and MS
> Scripting
> Runtime.
>
> At this point everything is working fine.  We use "Reflection" to access
> our
> cost system.  I would like to add this library "Reflection for ReGIS
> Graphics" or "Reflection for Regis Graphics ActiveX Control 1.0 Type
> Library"
> but when I do I get a conflict with one of my modules' "Left()" function.
>
> VBA syntax uses left([string],[number char]) but the Reflection "Left"
> function is different it is looking for "object.Left = value" type of
> syntax.
>
> How do I resolve this "Function Conflict"?
> --
> Thanks in advance!
> **John**

0
Alex
4/29/2010 2:50:35 PM
Thanks Alex... That cleared it up.
--
Thanks in advance!
**John**

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?= <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have a reference set to MS VBA, MS Access 11 object libary, MS
> DAO Object Library, MS ActiveX data object, MS Excel 11 object
> library, and MS Scripting Runtime.
>
> At this point everything is working fine.  We use "Reflection" to
> access our cost system.  I would like to add this library
> "Reflection for ReGIS Graphics" or "Reflection for Regis Graphics
> ActiveX Control 1.0 Type Library" but when I do I get a conflict
> with one of my modules' "Left()" function.
>
> VBA syntax uses left([string],[number char]) but the Reflection
> "Left" function is different it is looking for "object.Left =
> value" type of syntax.
>
> How do I resolve this "Function Conflict"?

By specifying the parent library, as Alex has explained.

But I'd say you shouldn't add any references at all beyond the first
3 you list, and do all the rest with late binding. Then you wouldn't
have this problem at all.

David

keeping footer from resizing when using the fit to page function
How do I keep the footer from shrinking in excel when i use the "fit to page" option for my worksheets. I'd like it to stay the same size no matter what the font of the worksheet is. ...

Conflicting Appointments
How do I setup a room booking system, which ALSO prevents conflicting appointments being accepted All rooms have been setup as resources Any assistance would be appreciated. "a.dmello" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I setup a room booking system, which ALSO prevents conflicting appointments being accepted. > >All rooms have been setup as resources. > >Any assistance would be appreciated. If you want to do it with skill and aplomb then http://www.swinc.com/erm/ is your friend. There are also some cheap and cheerful solutions that invol...

Outlook / Frontpage conflict
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2002 SP2 and Frontpage 2002 SP2 getting along. In IE6 SP2 I'll click the Frontpage button to edit a page. Nothing happens. If I start Task Manager (WinXP), I find three or four outlook.exes running under "processes". I'll close them down and when I hit the last one, Frontpage will pop up. I can close the running Outlook and that will handle one of the instances of Outlook in the Task Manager, but I still have to close the remaining ones before Front Page will start. Does anyone have any idea why Outlook is not closing properly and why i...

what function to use?
What function do i use? eg. DATE PAYMENT CODE 01/03/2010 J96 01/03/2010 B24 02/03/2010 C25 04/03/2010 J96 04/03/2010 U96 04/03/2010 J96 im trying to count how many times the letter J in payment code is used in a specific date.... eg how many J codes was used on 04/03/2010? Please help. Hi =SUMPRODUCT((LEFT($B$2:$B$100="J")*($A$2:$A$100=DATE(2010,3,4))) -- Regards Roger Govier TJ wrote: > What function do i use? > > eg....

Formula cell references
When you double click on a formula that references other cells you usually see the referenced cells outlined in a color with reference to that same color in the formula. What is this called and is this something you can turn on and off? Where? Thanks RLK It's called "Edit In Cell". You get exactly the same results when you click in the formula bar. If you turn this off, double clicking in a cell containing a formula will then make the focus move to the cell(s) referenced in the formula. <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, Check or uncheck "Edit Directly I...

Function for payments
Can anyone please help? What function is used to get the result of how much money to invest yearly when my goal is after 20 years to have $50,000.00? I already invested $5,000 and, The interest rate will be 12% (APR) If I use =Pmt(0.12,20,0,50000,1) the results of $619.58 is correct. The 0 on the 4th column means I have nothing invested as of now. However if I use =Pmt(0.12,20,5000,50000,1) the results of $1217.25 doesn't make any sense. If I use the PPMT function, I get the same problem. =PPmt(0.12,1,20,5000,50000,1) = $1217.25 =PPmt(0.12,1,20,0,50000,1) = $619.58 What is the r...

Extracting the month that a date refers to in another cell
In cell A1 I have the date 3/15/2003 (no formatting). In cell B1 I have the formula =year(A1). The year shows correctly as 2003. In cell C1 I have the formula =text(weekday(A1),"ddd"). The text shows as "Sat" which is correct. In cell D1 I have the formula =month(A1) which correctly shows '3'. I attempted to use =text(month(A1),"mmm") in cell D1, but it shows as "Jan". Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? TIA, Alan =TEXT(A1,"mmm") for 3-letter month name and =TEXT(A1,"ddd") for 3-letter day name. where A1 houses a...

Variable in Cell Reference
I want to do a CountIF function on a range of cells. The range will change daily. For example - Today is the 2nd so I want the Range to be A1:B2, tommorrow the 3rd I want the Range to be A1:B3. I know how to automatically make it update each day, but how do I use a function or variable (name) to reference a row or column? I was thinking something like this: CountIF(A1:"B" & "Day(Today()), criteria). Thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C3C6EB.59929A20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-9" Content-Trans...

Conflict
I am not able to search on IE without locking up. I am guessing it has something to do with my recently installed Outlook 2002. Any thoughts? ...

excel FX function
I am trying use the logical function to find the MIN of more than 2 numbers and then have the column heading presented in an adjactent cell from which the MIN number was found Hi if your values are stored in A2:X2 (with the corresponding headings in A1:X1) use the following functions: 1. To get the lowest number: =MIN(A2:X2) 2. To get the corresponding column Heading from row 1 use =INDEX($A$1:$X$1,1,MATCH(MIN(A2:X2),A2:X2,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany jklen wrote: > I am trying use the logical function to find the MIN of more than 2 > numbers and then have the colum...

How to Reference an Array to Count Values?
I need to reference a list of names in a column in one worksheet to count the number of times those names occur in a column in another worksheet in the same workbook. That is, check the name list and sum the number of times those names occur in another list. How do I do this? Take a look at the sumif function in help. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Mashuganah" wrote: > I need to reference a list of names in a column in one worksheet to count the > number of times those names occur in a column in another worksheet in the > same workbook. > >...

How to Sum a column if reference column is blank
How do I sum a cloumn of numbers when my reference column is blank? >when my reference column is blank? What does that mean? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) "Rusty" wrote: > How do I sum a cloumn of numbers when my reference column is blank? See if this is what you had in mind... 96...x 51..... 22...p 73..... 81..... Sum A1:A5 where the corresponding cell in B1:B5 is blank/empty: ...

Conflict with Mcafee 8???
Has anyone seen a conflict with SFO and Mcafee 8? I am not able to load SFO until I disable on access scanning in Mcafee Yes...SFO CRM folders will not work with McAfee 8.0. We are sticking with McAfee 7.1 until this problem is resolved. "Jake Horn" wrote: > Has anyone seen a conflict with SFO and Mcafee 8? > > I am not able to load SFO until I disable on access scanning in Mcafee > > > if you scan the archive of this group at groups.google.com you will see a lot of talk around mcafee. Problems arise when the outlook crm addin tries to access certain ...

Publisher 2000 with XP Pro seem to be in conflict
We were using Publisher V 2 with win98 and also win2000 and it worked great.. Bought a DELL computer w/2.8ghz cpu w/512 RAM, using onboard video and that version takes 3 min 20 sec to create a template while my old AMD 1.0 Ghz processor with 398 megs or RAM takes 3 seconds for the same template.. Anyone tell me if it's because that version of Publisher doesnt work under xp pro? Second questions; I installed Publisher 2000 hoping it would work under XP Pro ( with PUB updates etc)from Dell and now I only get 2 color images... the background in publisher is pink and the text is purpl...

Block List Service Not Functioning
I am currently running 1 Front-End Server (Win2k3, exch2k3), 1 Back-End Server (Win2k3, exch2k3), and a 1 SMTP Gateway (Win2k3, exch2k3). I have entered in serveral blocklist providers under global settings-Message Delivery-Connection Filtering and applied them to both IPs on the Gateway. However it is not querying them at all and spam is getting through. Does this function have to apply to the server that the mailbox stores reside on? Will it notwork on the gateway? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx! ...

IF function within an IF function?
How can I nest an IF function within an IF function? What I have now: =IF(G5<G6,"A","B") What I would like: IF G5 <= G6 THEN IF J5 < J6, "A", "B" ELSE "B" If the the first 2 comparisons are equal, I want it to evaluate different cell -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF (G5 <= G6,IF(J5 < J6, "A", "B" ),"B") should do it for you. Hope this helps Paul Falla >-----Original Message----- >How can I nest an IF function within an IF function? > >What I have now:...

How to avoid double-dipping conflict between budget and Lifetime planner?
Folks, I'm a long-time Quicken user. I'm using the demo version of Money 2003 with the plan to complete the migration to Money to procure Money 2004 when available later this month. Meantime, I'm working to build a new budget and "life time plan". I am finding some double-dipping. - I want/need to include in my budget home mortgage/interest payments. In fact Money doesn't let me remove this "debit" category from the budget. But in the Lifetime planner, it includes these payments as a separate line item in addition to the amount being in the bud...

Cell Reference in text
Is it possible to insert a cell reference in the middle of text? Mike, If I understand your question, you want to do something like ="Some text "&A1&" more text" -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072c01c3b833$f20d32e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to insert a cell reference in the middle > of text? Yes, depending what it is you have to deal with it differently ="So fair thou art my bonnie...

Timer function
In our VB6 programs, we use the function Timer to calculate how long a process takes, like so: VB6 MyTime = Format(Now, "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:nn:ss") & "." & Right(Timer), 2) The timer function returns something like: 38624.73 Somebody on the forum explained that the 2 digit number after decimal point is actually centiseconds, or ten milliseconds. So on the example above .73 means 730 milliseconds. That means that smallest millisecond returns from the above Timer function is 10 milliseconds, any number between 1 - 9 milliseconds will not be returned. ...

Visio 2003 off page reference
I have off-page references in my Visio 2003 flowchart files. I write a pdf file using Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. However, the off page references are lost. Is there a way to have them transferred to my pdf files? Thanks -- Robert M ...

Use of Me in function
I am trying to set up error checking to run on exiting records in two sub-forms and one sub-sub-form. In each case the checks and the control names are identical. To save writing three different functions, I was hoping to write one which would run on the before update event on each form. However, I get error "Invalid use of Me Keyword" on code: Public Function fnErrorCheckTest() If Len(Trim(Nz(Me.Type1), "")) <> 0 _ And Len(Trim(Nz(Me.Surname), "")) = 0 Then fnErrorCheckTest = False MsgBox "Surname missing" Exit Function Else ...

MSVCRT conflict
Hi, I keep getting the following linking warning in VC6. What to do to get rid of it? thanks! -Matt LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "MSVCRT" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library Are you mixing the threading mode? Are you using a third party library that needs multi-threaded and your using single threaded or vice-versa? -- Frank "MattC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6030C2D2-AB06-4B32-8E6E-7383161D79D1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I keep getting the following linking warning in VC6. What to do to get ...

NZ function & Nulls
I have a form with a subform. My subfor is [MYOB_Cards query subform] In My main form I have a text field [text185] that I want to pull the data from [MYOB_Cards query subform]!Text20 this data are numbers If there is no data in [Text20] I get #error I Tried in [text185] =NZ([MYOB_Cards query subform]!Text20,0) If I have data text20 no problem when its a null #error Does anyone have an idea Gaetanm -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Gaetanm via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I have a form with a subform. ...

if function (if more that 7 nesting)
End result is to compare prior year numbers to current year to date sheet 1 has the following columns-- sheet 2 has history-each month totals for a number of years COL A Secured Loan Interest COL B(current month) 39,333.98 COL C(prior month) $36,134.55 COL D(variance MTD) $3,199.43 COL E(current YTD) $113,440.47 COL F(previous YTD) $512,814.15 All of the information on worksheet is filled in with a vlookup formula. I want COL F to add up the totals from sheet 2 for each month up to the current month for this year, so that this year and prior year totals ar...

How do I just get a cell reference when referring to a pivot tabl.
When I currently refer to a cell in the pivot table I get the whole "=Getpivot...."string while I used to get only a cell reference. Do you know what I do wrong. Thanks There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Aad wrote: > When I currently refer to a cell in the pivot table I get the whole > "=Getpivot...."string while I used to get only a cell reference. > > Do you know what I do wrong. > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish ...