Calendar control conversion issue

Hi all,

I still do most of my development at home using Access97. At work, I convert
the FE to the default 2000 format on a computer running Access 2002(or maybe
it's 2003, I'm not sure which). I can then distribute that converted FE to
either Access 2002/2003 and Access 2007 computers and everything works fine.

Someone showed up with Access 2010 and the Calendar Control that I use
(MSCAL.Calendar.7 on the Access97 computer) produces a "cannot open object"
(or similar) error message when I try to open the form that contains that
control. I've not run into other problems on the 2010 computer (but,
admittedly haven't checked everything out). References appear OK.

Would it make a difference, do you think, if I converted from 97 to
2002/2003, instead of 2000, and then ran the FE under 2010? I haven't had a
chance to try that yet, but thought someone might already know what needs to
be done (other than upgrading my Access at home <g>).

Thanks for any leads.
Mark


0
Mark
6/4/2010 9:29:12 PM
access.modulesdaovba 1670 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
860 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52

The situation you are describing is the exact reason why using calendar 
controls which are dependant on ocx, dll,... are a bad idea as you then are 
faced with versioning issues.

The only way around this is to implement a calendar which does not rely on 
said references...  a calendar such as Allen Browne or Stephen Lebans.  They 
are both easy to implement (1-2 minutes) and very, very reliable!!!  They 
work (in my experience) in Access 2000, 2003, 2007.  For more information see:

http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000004#datepick
-- 
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.



"Mark" wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> I still do most of my development at home using Access97. At work, I convert
> the FE to the default 2000 format on a computer running Access 2002(or maybe
> it's 2003, I'm not sure which). I can then distribute that converted FE to
> either Access 2002/2003 and Access 2007 computers and everything works fine.
> 
> Someone showed up with Access 2010 and the Calendar Control that I use
> (MSCAL.Calendar.7 on the Access97 computer) produces a "cannot open object"
> (or similar) error message when I try to open the form that contains that
> control. I've not run into other problems on the 2010 computer (but,
> admittedly haven't checked everything out). References appear OK.
> 
> Would it make a difference, do you think, if I converted from 97 to
> 2002/2003, instead of 2000, and then ran the FE under 2010? I haven't had a
> chance to try that yet, but thought someone might already know what needs to
> be done (other than upgrading my Access at home <g>).
> 
> Thanks for any leads.
> Mark
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
6/4/2010 10:58:10 PM
Daniel
I was hoping not to have to redesign anything, but guess I don't have a
choice. I have both Allen and Stephen's Calendars for Access97 in my files.
Thanks for the response.
Mark

"Daniel Pineault" <DanielPineault@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B6D26CAA-E2B3-4B10-B6B4-5F921C7A101A@microsoft.com...
> The situation you are describing is the exact reason why using calendar
> controls which are dependant on ocx, dll,... are a bad idea as you then
are
> faced with versioning issues.
>
> The only way around this is to implement a calendar which does not rely on
> said references...  a calendar such as Allen Browne or Stephen Lebans.
They
> are both easy to implement (1-2 minutes) and very, very reliable!!!  They
> work (in my experience) in Access 2000, 2003, 2007.  For more information
see:
>
> http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000004#datepick
> -- 
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>
>
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I still do most of my development at home using Access97. At work, I
convert
> > the FE to the default 2000 format on a computer running Access 2002(or
maybe
> > it's 2003, I'm not sure which). I can then distribute that converted FE
to
> > either Access 2002/2003 and Access 2007 computers and everything works
fine.
> >
> > Someone showed up with Access 2010 and the Calendar Control that I use
> > (MSCAL.Calendar.7 on the Access97 computer) produces a "cannot open
object"
> > (or similar) error message when I try to open the form that contains
that
> > control. I've not run into other problems on the 2010 computer (but,
> > admittedly haven't checked everything out). References appear OK.
> >
> > Would it make a difference, do you think, if I converted from 97 to
> > 2002/2003, instead of 2000, and then ran the FE under 2010? I haven't
had a
> > chance to try that yet, but thought someone might already know what
needs to
> > be done (other than upgrading my Access at home <g>).
> >
> > Thanks for any leads.
> > Mark
> >
> >
> > .
> >


0
Mark
6/5/2010 12:32:11 AM
Daniel,
Follow-up question:
I looked at Allen and Stephen's calendars, but I'm going to really miss the
simplicity of what I have and anticipate many, many hours trying to adapt
one of theirs to look and function like what I already have. I don't need or
want a popup calendar, or one that sets the value of a text box -- just a
calendar that's already open and part of the main form that I open and which
has a number of other controls on it. For example, the type of service that
was provided, the staff person providing that service, etc. Together with
this other information, the user clicks a date on the calendar and then
other command buttons/procedures can refer to the calendar control for the
date value. (Hope this makes sense).

Anyhow, just wondering if there's a reference in Access 2010 that I could
set, or some other techniques, that would allow me to still use what I
already have?

Thanks,
Mark
"Daniel Pineault" <DanielPineault@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B6D26CAA-E2B3-4B10-B6B4-5F921C7A101A@microsoft.com...
> The situation you are describing is the exact reason why using calendar
> controls which are dependant on ocx, dll,... are a bad idea as you then
are
> faced with versioning issues.
>
> The only way around this is to implement a calendar which does not rely on
> said references...  a calendar such as Allen Browne or Stephen Lebans.
They
> are both easy to implement (1-2 minutes) and very, very reliable!!!  They
> work (in my experience) in Access 2000, 2003, 2007.  For more information
see:
>
> http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000004#datepick
> -- 
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>
>
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I still do most of my development at home using Access97. At work, I
convert
> > the FE to the default 2000 format on a computer running Access 2002(or
maybe
> > it's 2003, I'm not sure which). I can then distribute that converted FE
to
> > either Access 2002/2003 and Access 2007 computers and everything works
fine.
> >
> > Someone showed up with Access 2010 and the Calendar Control that I use
> > (MSCAL.Calendar.7 on the Access97 computer) produces a "cannot open
object"
> > (or similar) error message when I try to open the form that contains
that
> > control. I've not run into other problems on the 2010 computer (but,
> > admittedly haven't checked everything out). References appear OK.
> >
> > Would it make a difference, do you think, if I converted from 97 to
> > 2002/2003, instead of 2000, and then ran the FE under 2010? I haven't
had a
> > chance to try that yet, but thought someone might already know what
needs to
> > be done (other than upgrading my Access at home <g>).
> >
> > Thanks for any leads.
> > Mark
> >
> >
> > .
> >


0
Mark
6/5/2010 1:12:25 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...

Spin control
Hi, I want to have a control on a dialog which allow the user to increment/decrement a time, e.g 07:11:23. I'm not sure how to do this. Should I use an edit control with a spinner button? If so how do i get 24 hour time in the edit control? Thanks Macca This is usually tricky. There are a couple approaches. One is to create a custom-derived CWnd control which allows the user to select the field to be incremented, and the spin control advances the highlighted field. The last time I needed to do this, I cheated. I used three borderless edit controls and two static controls. I careful...

PrintShop File Conversion
Is there any way to use files created in PrintShop in MS Publisher 2002? PaulR wrote: > Is there any way to use files created in PrintShop in MS Publisher > 2002? No. The only way would be to have both applications open and drag and drop or copy and paste between them, but any formatting unique to PrintShop will be lost. Thanks, I have many files created by PrintShop over the years, and I am now switching to Publisher. The work of cutting and pasting doesn't seem worth it. I'll just re-do the jobs I had done in PS. ...

more than 1 outlook calendar
hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my blackberry and outlook when syncronising. i now have noticed there are more than 1 calendars, and one has the missing appointments, so obviously i have been syncing with both. when i open up the calendar in the folder list, i can not see where it is stored, and would like to know how it was formed, and how to stop it happening again. thanks tim Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my > blackberry and outlook when syncronising. > > i now have notice...

Calendar Locked
I am trying to make a new appointment in my Outlook and it wont allow me to do anything ie changes, new appointments etc. Everything else in Outlook is working can you help me. ...

Printing Daily Calendar
Good morning! I'm using Entourage for OS X, version 10.1.0. When printing the daily calendar, is there a way to show the entries scheduled in the evening hours? Currently the print format lumps them together so that they are unreadable. Thank you! A. ...

all day calendar event and alert question
Hello, in Sharepoint 2007, when I or any user create an all day event on the calendar, the email alert that goes out has the incorrect time. If I modify the event the the correct time is displayed in the alert. The calendar item itself shows the correct information. Ive read several posts on different sites that state this is a known issue. Please advise if you have experienced this behavior and know of a fix. Thank you. ...

Domain Controller Firewall set to Public
Hi list, We had an incident yesterday where both of our domain controllers were rebooted at the same time, when the domain controllers came back online both had set their firewall into public mode. So we were unable to ping or RDP the servers. Looking on the web I found some information stating that a domain computer would only switch to the domain firewall profile if it could "see" a domain controller. So with this in mind is there a way to force the firewall always to load in either domain, network or private mode so that this situation of the DC cutting itself off ...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

How do I sync two blackberry's to the same Outlook Calendar?
My husband and I need to have all our families 10 zillion activities in hand so I'd like to be able to sync both blackberry's to my Outlook Calendar from my desktop, but the desktop manager doesn't recognize my husbands blackberry. Can/how do I do that? If the DM is not recognizing his BB, try the forums at blackberry.net - its not an outlook problem. AFAIK, it should work, but I only have 1 BB, so I can't verify how it works. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

Control Overlapping...
Hello, I am developing a propertysheet with some propertypages on it. In one page I have a Static text control which covers the whole portion of the Page. Also I want to put Two combo Boxes on that page. when I put the combo box and run my application, I could not see the combo box. How do I bring the combo box up (similar to Bring to front/Send to Back command in VB 6.0 !) Thanks in Advance!! Please send me the solution quickly. Thanks, Bhushan If you're using the resource editor you can use the Layout menu. I think the specific command is the same as in the VB editor. Othe...

Calendars #5
Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do Monday to Sunday weeks. Regional settings are set correctly. Can you guys help? TIA Bill I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday ! I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this. "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OrQvRfp8EHA.2608@TK2MSF...

CRM Calendar
With the calendar in CRM are you able to link that with the users exchange calendar so events appear in both? ...

public or shared calendar with automated appointment feed from users (Exch 2007)
Hi all, is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does the following: Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group) posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public calendar that all the users of the AD group can see. Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that does this? Would this entail writing some specific. thanks You would need a custom script....

Excel Like Headers in List Control
Hi, I would like to know as to how to implement Excel Style headers for a List control. By that I mean Headers for Rows and columns as they are in Excel spreadsheet. I am a newbie...plz help me. Thanks In Advance On 5 Aug 2006 06:29:13 -0700, "nightcrawler" <pranavdes@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to know as to how to implement Excel Style headers for a >List control. By that I mean Headers for Rows and columns as they are >in Excel spreadsheet. I am a newbie...plz help me. What you need is a grid control. Check out codeproject.com for some free on...

Custom Print Processor Install Issue
We developed a custom print process based on the Winprint/Genprint. It has worked on 32bit platforms without any issues for over 10 years now. We recently attempted a X64 deployment of the custom print processor. Using 2003 WDK on a machine running Windows 2003 Server (32 bit) we built the IA64 bit dll. During installation of the IA64 dll the "AddPrintProcessor" fails with error 193 and reports "unknown system error". Just for a sanity check I compiled the WDK sample genprint print processor and attempted to install it’s IA64 dll which failed with the same...

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...

how to control the gray line on the border?
I copied and pasted data from web and the gray lines disappears at the cells I pasted on. The gray lines like the borders but can't be controlled by applying the styles in "Borders". How can I make them reappear? Also, how can I apply borders setting on multiple cells. If I highlight multiple cells and apply a bottom line, all it does is apply it at teh last row instead of all the rows highlighted. Thanks for the help, liu On Aug 15, 1:48=A0pm, cpliu <spamfree...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I copied and pasted data from web and the gray lines disappears at the > cells I p...

Shared User Issue When Opening Database
I have an issue this afternoon which, I feel probably isn't directly related to Access, but would be grateful for guidance if anyone has experienced this before. I have a database (default open mode - shared) which, this afternoon, won't allow a second user to open it. If a second user tries to open the database a message box is displayed quoting the path of the database file plus "The parameter is incorrect" The database is located on a shared folder on our network. Thanks for any assistance. Dave ONLY the data should be on a shared folder, not th...

to export calendar
if i wantto send my csalendar in an email by exporting it what exactly wouold i have to do? thanks peter ...

Spiral Bound Calendar
How do I create a 8.5x11" spiral bound calendar with picture on top page and calendar on bottom of 2 page spread? I'm using Publisher 2003 and have Windows XP. Setup your page as a folded card, portrait. Rather than using the calendar under "publications for print", use a Design Gallery Object calendar, click the wizard wand to change the date range. When you use the folded card page setup, the calendar will be on the odd pages and the picture on the even pages. You will have to manually rotate the pictures 180 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Launching Calendar module seperatly
Hi, Years ago in one of Outlook's previous lives it was possible to launch the calendar module seperatly. Since MS have a closed source on Outlook I am now forced to use Outlook 2002 solely for syncing the calendar with my WindowsMobile2003 device. Anyone know if its possible just to launch the calendar module seperatly? Or better still if there is a calendar product that will sync with PPC2003 so I can dump the MS software all together. Ta Kneewax I assume you mean with only the calendar, not the other folders? Or without creating an email account? You can use Outlook in no ...

Calendar direction
Running Outlook 2007 on XP Pro. I just recently re-installed Office (don't ask!) and for the first time, the calendars (week, month and the little ones in the colums), all show with the day numbering from right to left. I do have a second Hebrew calendar installed in Outlook, and my default Regional and Language options are: Location=Israel, customized English US settings, Chinese - English - French - Hebrew keyboards, non-Unicode default=Hebrew. I have used these settings before, but the calendars were never flipped before. This is also not natural for Hebrew calendars. Any ideas...

calendar #3
I would like the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (Publisher 2003) You make this change in the control panel in the "Regional & Language Options" folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "padum" <padum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77137E01-09A9-463E-815D-0214DC442BAB@microsoft.com... >I would like the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (Publisher 2003) ...

Linking controls in different tabs of one form?
I am trying to create a database and I am having several issues. I would be greatful if someone could advise me. Here are some issues I am having. 1. I am trying to link to a combobox (Job#) on the "Main" tab and make the text control automatically update in the "materials" tab. (All part of one form). Based on what job # is selected in the main form, I want that selection to automatically poplulate the job# text control in the materials tab. I hope that makes sense. 2. Main form Combobox: Category Combobox: Job Name (depends on the category selected) - works fine ...