bold font for lotus notes email

I am using the following code in Access 2003 to send an email in Lotus
notes.  I want to bold some text, does anyone know how I can amend
this code to allow for some bold text?

Public Sub SendQtrNotesMail(Subject As String, Recipient As String, WL
As String, SQA As String, _
DC As String, ADR As String, TDR As String, SafetyNote As String,
QualityNote As String, _
ProdNote As String, SaveIt As Boolean)
'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes
    Dim Maildb As Object 'The mail database
    Dim UserName As String 'The current users notes name
    Dim MailDbName As String 'The current users notes mail database
name
    Dim MailDoc As Object 'The mail document itself
    Dim Session As Object 'The notes session
    Dim EmbedObj As Object 'The embedded object (Attachment)
    'Start a session to notes
    Set Session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
    'Get the sessions username and then calculate the mail file name
    'You may or may not need this as for MailDBname with some systems
you
    'can pass an empty string or using above password you can use
other mailboxes.
    UserName = Session.UserName
    MailDbName = Left$(UserName, 1) & Right$(UserName, (Len(UserName)
- InStr(1, UserName, " "))) & ".nsf"
    'Open the mail database in notes
    Set Maildb = Session.getdatabase("", MailDbName)
     If Maildb.ISOPEN = True Then
    'Already open for mail
     Else
         Maildb.openmail
     End If
    'Set up the new mail document
    Set MailDoc = Maildb.createdocument
    MailDoc.Form = "Memo"
    MailDoc.sendto = Recipient
    MailDoc.Subject = Subject
    MailDoc.Body = WL & vbCrLf & SA & vbCrLf & DC & vbCrLf & ADR &
vbCrLf & TDR & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    SafetyNote & vbCrLf & QualityNote & vbCrLf & ProdNote
    MailDoc.SaveMessageOnSend = SaveIt
    'Send the document
    MailDoc.PostedDate = Now() 'Gets the mail to appear in the sent
items folder
    MailDoc.Send 0, Recipient
    'Clean Up
    Set Maildb = Nothing
    Set MailDoc = Nothing
    Set Session = Nothing
    Set EmbedObj = Nothing
End Sub

I understand that the default is plain text and I need to change it to
rich text in order to enable "bold" but I'm not sure how to do that
within the above code.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
0
Opal

Excel icon in lotus notes is messed up?
When I attach an excel file (and sometimes a word file) to a lotus notes email, the excel icon changes to a generic icon. I've checked in the folder options and the correct icon is listed. Any thoughts? ...

Out look multiple sends of large email
When I send an email with a 1 meg or larger attachment, it will keep sending the email over & over, up to 10 times until i cancel the delivery 7 it doesn't show up as being sent (it's not in my sent folder) it's still in the out box, I I have filled severeal of my freinds emails servers with this. Any ideas whats happening? exactly the same problem- I had it before upgrading to 2003, and still do. Small email messages, without attachments, and even larger messages with backgrounds, etc. still work allright- is this a problem with attachments or size!!!? ...

Email Publisher document as body of email
I have always created a Pub. document and then sent it as the body of an email. Now when I choose that option, it scrambles it up and puts template headings, etc. on my document. What happened that I can't continue to send as body of email as I created it? "sgalovich" wrote: > I have always created a Pub. document and then sent it as the body of an > email. Now when I choose that option, it scrambles it up and puts template > headings, etc. on my document. What happened that I can't continue to send > as body of email as I created it? "sgalov...

CListCtrl
I want to change the font used for a CListCtrl in report mode. I create a font and call CListCtrl::SetFont with it. This works, except that the height of the header control does not change to reflect the new font, so that large fonts are clipped in the header. Even if I call CListCtrl::GetHeaderCtrl and call SetFont on the returned control, the size does not change. Can I change the height of a CHeaderCtrl after the control has been created? Or, even better, somehow tell the control to size itself according to the currently selected font? Cheers mark-r -- I've got a tin at home that ...

hOW DO I CHANGE THE FONT IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF AN EMAIL
How do I change the font and the colour of the subject line in an email? I would like to make it bold or Red so that it catches teh attention of the recepient immediately. Thanks You can't. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "VIN" <VIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63275F2-DDF5-4785-941C-A00B741A4B7B@microsoft.com... > How do I change the font and the colour of the subject line in an email? > I would like to make it bold or Red so that it catches teh at...

Incorrect formatting in email
In Outlook 2003 my email format defaults to PARAGRAPH when starting a new email. Everytime I begin I must first change it to NORMAL. When replying to an email, however, the format default is NORMAL. How can I have the default NORMAL in both cases Thanks Richar ...

Font Sizes
I receive emails from some people that are HTML based emails, and you can't change the font size for anything. It defaults to whatever font they composed in, and will not allow me to adjust it or use the scroll command with ctrl-mouse to zoom in. Can you Help! Thanks, Rich Hallinski Rich Hall <rhall@spectrumcontract.com> wrote: > I receive emails from some people that are HTML based emails, and you > can't change the font size for anything. > > It defaults to whatever font they composed in, Let's hope so. > and will not allow me > to adjust it or...

Font #3
Using RMS need barcode font 128B to be used with Microsoft word or WordPerfect - any ideas where I could get this font? Danny No. But maybe there's another way to skin that cat. What are you trying to accomplish? "Dan-902" wrote: > Using RMS need barcode font 128B to be used with Microsoft word or > WordPerfect - any ideas where I could get this font? > > Danny > > . > ...

how do I retrieve an undeliverable email?
-- Dawn Lundquist Retrieve in which way? It's in your Sent Items folder by default. Some NDR messages have the original message as an attachment but that is completely up to the mail server and how it is configured than Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "dawn" <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED33C2D2-B57E-41DB-8B8E-343A...

Default font SFO Email
Hello! Is there a way to change the default font for new CRM-Emails created by using the SFO toolbar? Thanks for any hint! Dieter Dieter, one thing is to use the non-mscrm related outlook signatures to set a default font. Like you did it until now, i guess. the other thing is that these mscrm outlook forms (fdm files) perhaps could be customized; though i never did it. I guess it's unsupported, too. Here you can find and download the forms in outlook: Tools/Options/Advanced/Advanced Options/custom forms/manage forms Steffen Klipfel >-----Original Message----- >Hello! &g...

FWD and Exchange 2003 Users email to external POP3 account?
Would someone be kind enough to outline the steps required to automatically fwd an Exchange 2003 Mailbox to an external POP3 account (Crackberry). This user only has OWA so creating an Outlook rule won't work. You can do this without an Outlook rule by creating a Contact with the external email address as the targetAddress, and forward the user's email to the Contact from user properties | Delivery Options. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rick S." <Rick ...

Can't print emails Outlook 2002
When trying to print emails some users can't print. Computers are running XP Pro (SP1) and Office XP (SP3).These are new computers with new (not upgrade) installs. Users getting; Messaging Interface returned unknown error. If problem persists restart Outlook. Of course, restarting Outlook does nothing. Everything I've found online suggests Office SP's or Hot Fixes pre-SP3. I have other users with Win2000 and Office 2000 who can print with no problems. It's only the XP Pro users that can't print. I have the same problem, with 4 of about 350 users. Originally with O...

Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold
I am working on a menu in Publisher. In print preview, all text in bold appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not print in bold. This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes. For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however. If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and Arial. If you use ...

How do I get the font color to change according to the selection .
I have a drop down cell that others to allow others to select one of 9 options. I want thier selection to be color coded. If they select 1 then I want it displayed as green, 2 to be displayed as red, 3 to be displayed as black, 4 to be displayed as yellow, and so on. Hi Greg as there's more than 3 conditions you can't use conditional formatting, however the following code pasted into the "sheet module" of the sheet you've got the drop down list on on should give you what you're after - this assumes that the drop down list on cell B6. Private Sub Worksheet_Cha...

Not receiving emails when responses posted
Does anyone else have this problem? I check "notify me of replies" and haven't been receiving notifications? I used to receive them. Am I missing a setting? I've noticed the same thing for about a month. I even checked my account settings to ensure that the correct email address was there and made sure that my virus checker wasn't blocking such emails. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "terryc" wrote: > Does anyone else have this problem? I check "notify me of ...

Excel 2000 Font Drop Down Menu
I'm running Win 2000 SP4 with Excel 2000 SR1 and IE 5.01SP4 with the International Fonts package installed. When I use the Font Drop Down Menu in Excel, it displays all the standard installed fonts plus non English fonts: namely Arial, Courier New and Times New Roman in CE, CYR, Greek and TUR. I don't have this problem in any other application. Any ideas on how to correct this? Chas. verktyg@nospamski.aol.com ...

Double-click for bold
Is there a way to attach a particular formatting command to double-click, rather than it editing the cell's contents? For instance, emboldening a row/column/cell just by double-clicking it? No but you can use the "paintbrush" tool : 1) Select a cell which is in the format (border / font / ...) you want to use. 2) Double-click on the paintbrush tool. 3) every cell or cell-group you select from now on will have this style applied to it. 4) when you are finished, click once on the paintbrush tool. > Is there a way to attach a particular formatting command to > double-cli...

cannot email from CRM
Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401 Access Denied. Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h Line Number: 47 Date: 10-23-2003 Time: 11:34:47 AM Type: Platform Error (2) Server: backup Query String: /Activities/Email/edit.aspx ...

Notes inside formulas using N-function
All, I've used the tip from Bob Umlas' book ("This Isn't Excel - it's Magic!") and added some notes to a few complicated formulas - to give users a clue as to what is going on. For those of you who haven't seen this, it essentially involves adding +N("Text in quotes") at the end of any formula. The problem I have, is that when I copy the formula down to the rows below, I get #VALUE! errors. Is there any way of getting around this? If the original value/formula returns a number, then this should work ok. But if your original value/formula returns te...

View all emails
Is there a view all emails folder or something? I want to be able to view all my emails where ever they may be? Thanks "PBG" <PBG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84BFED3E-6018-4664-94B8-F6A72447921B@microsoft.com... > Is there a view all emails folder or something? I want to be able to view > all > my emails where ever they may be? Create a search folder that includes all your folders. It will not span PSTs, however. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Sorry, how's that? How do I create a search folder? And what does PST'...

Duplicated emails
I am receiving 2 emails for every one sent to me. Help Hello Peter, You may be sending them in duplicates as well. This usually happens if you have a duplicate email account setup in Windows Mail with the same email address. Check your email accounts to see if you do, and delete any duplicates. Hope this helps, Shawn Peter H;1249589 Wrote: > I am receiving 2 emails for every one sent to me. Help -- Brink '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2009 - 2010*' (https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511) *There are no ...

Outlook 2003 notes scrolling
Is there any way to get Outlook 2003 Notes to have scroll bars or scroll in response to the mouse wheel? Nope, not possible -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Ric" <riiiiiic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23TWMxe$cEHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get Outlook 2003 Notes to have scroll bars or scroll > in > response to the mouse wheel? > > ...

How to set a font in a custom control
I have a owner draw custom control, but I don't know how to change font size. I set a variable CFont as I wish to change the control's font but I don't know where use it to set a new font. I don't want to set at OnPaint() because its only one time font's setup, is there another way to do it ? thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo Eduardo wrote: > > I have a owner draw custom control, but I don't know how > to change font size. > I set a variable CFont as I wish to change the control's > font but I don't know where use it to set a new f...

Emails automatically deleted
All emails that I recieve from outside the office are automatically being deleted. Emails from inside the office are arriving normally. I do not have any rules set that would cause this. I do have Junk senders turned on, but that should only send certain emails to my recycle bin, not ALL emails. I am using Outlook 2000. Any advice? ...

CRM Outlook Desktop Client freezes when opening/replying email
Dear all, After the Outlook Client has been installed, the users experience freeze/hang on their Outlook Client. Some of the users are having multiple Outlook profiles. I've tried performing REPAIR on both MSXML 4.0 and CRM Outlook Client. The workaround so far is to disable the CRM add-on on the Outlook Client. My users are also prompted the following messsage each time they attempt to forward or create an email. "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Could there be a conflicting issue with the existing inbox ...