Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb

This may be asking too much, but does anyone know how to use the calendar
(frmCalendar) from Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb as a subform on a main
form, rather than as a modal popup?

I would like to use the calendar's default date (today) or change to another
date as needed,obviously, but also make selections on other controls on the
main form without closing the calendar. Having a hidden text box to hold the
calendar's value would not be a problem.

I tried using it as a subform, but when I open the main form I get an error:
"The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
exist". If I use a command button on the main form to open the popup
calendar as intended to set the value of a textbox, then the subform version
of the calendar also will work to set the value of that same textbox. I just
don't understand the code well enough to make this work using only the
subform.

I'm trying to replace MSCAL.Calendar.7 which works fine all the way through
Access 2007, but doesn't work in Access 2010. I would rather not go to a
popup calendar and would prefer not to have to install Access 97 on
computers already loaded with Access 2010. My design work is still in Access
97, so whatever changes I make need to start there.

Thanks for any assistance.
Mark

0
Mark

Because it's just a simple little Access form, you can adapt it any way you
want, including using it as a subform.

Of course, you will need to rewrite the code to match your adaptations.

"Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
> This may be asking too much, but does anyone know how to use the calendar
> (frmCalendar) from Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb as a subform on a main
> form, rather than as a modal popup?
>
> I would like to use the calendar's default date (today) or change to
> another
> date as needed,obviously, but also make selections on other controls on
> the
> main form without closing the calendar. Having a hidden text box to hold
> the
> calendar's value would not be a problem.
>
> I tried using it as a subform, but when I open the main form I get an
> error:
> "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
> exist". If I use a command button on the main form to open the popup
> calendar as intended to set the value of a textbox, then the subform
> version
> of the calendar also will work to set the value of that same textbox. I
> just
> don't understand the code well enough to make this work using only the
> subform.
>
> I'm trying to replace MSCAL.Calendar.7 which works fine all the way
> through
> Access 2007, but doesn't work in Access 2010. I would rather not go to a
> popup calendar and would prefer not to have to install Access 97 on
> computers already loaded with Access 2010. My design work is still in
> Access
> 97, so whatever changes I make need to start there.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
> Mark

0
Allen
6/6/2010 4:00:38 AM
Allen,
Thanks for the response. It's a great little calendar. I'm just not very
proficient in coding and was hoping for some help in adapting it as a
permanent subform. When the main form opens, the subform apparently cannot
find something it needs and I get the message: "The expression you entered
refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist".

Do I need to place the code that's normally attached to the calendar command
button (the button that opens the calendar) somewhere on the main form or in
the calendar's open event?

Thank you.
Mark

> Because it's just a simple little Access form, you can adapt it any way
you
> want, including using it as a subform.
>
> Of course, you will need to rewrite the code to match your adaptations.

> "Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
> > This may be asking too much, but does anyone know how to use the
calendar
> > (frmCalendar) from Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb as a subform on a main
> > form, rather than as a modal popup?
> >
> > I would like to use the calendar's default date (today) or change to
> > another
> > date as needed,obviously, but also make selections on other controls on
> > the
> > main form without closing the calendar. Having a hidden text box to hold
> > the
> > calendar's value would not be a problem.
> >
> > I tried using it as a subform, but when I open the main form I get an
> > error:
> > "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or
doesn't
> > exist". If I use a command button on the main form to open the popup
> > calendar as intended to set the value of a textbox, then the subform
> > version
> > of the calendar also will work to set the value of that same textbox. I
> > just
> > don't understand the code well enough to make this work using only the
> > subform.
> >
> > I'm trying to replace MSCAL.Calendar.7 which works fine all the way
> > through
> > Access 2007, but doesn't work in Access 2010. I would rather not go to a
> > popup calendar and would prefer not to have to install Access 97 on
> > computers already loaded with Access 2010. My design work is still in
> > Access
> > 97, so whatever changes I make need to start there.
> >
> > Thanks for any assistance.
> > Mark

0
Mark
6/6/2010 8:14:22 AM
As it stands, the code sets a global variable to the text box and assigns
the value back to that text box when you choose a date.

Since you are not opening it modally, and you could (at least in theory)
have multiple instances open at once, you will need to perform a more
serious re-write.

> Allen,
> Thanks for the response. It's a great little calendar. I'm just not very
> proficient in coding and was hoping for some help in adapting it as a
> permanent subform. When the main form opens, the subform apparently cannot
> find something it needs and I get the message: "The expression you entered
> refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist".
>
> Do I need to place the code that's normally attached to the calendar
> command
> button (the button that opens the calendar) somewhere on the main form or
> in
> the calendar's open event?
>
> Thank you.
> Mark
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Because it's just a simple little Access form, you can adapt it any way
> you
>> want, including using it as a subform.
>>
>> Of course, you will need to rewrite the code to match your adaptations.
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>

>> "Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
>> > This may be asking too much, but does anyone know how to use the
> calendar
>> > (frmCalendar) from Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb as a subform on a main
>> > form, rather than as a modal popup?
>> >
>> > I would like to use the calendar's default date (today) or change to
>> > another
>> > date as needed,obviously, but also make selections on other controls on
>> > the
>> > main form without closing the calendar. Having a hidden text box to
>> > hold
>> > the
>> > calendar's value would not be a problem.
>> >
>> > I tried using it as a subform, but when I open the main form I get an
>> > error:
>> > "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or
> doesn't
>> > exist". If I use a command button on the main form to open the popup
>> > calendar as intended to set the value of a textbox, then the subform
>> > version
>> > of the calendar also will work to set the value of that same textbox. I
>> > just
>> > don't understand the code well enough to make this work using only the
>> > subform.
>> >
>> > I'm trying to replace MSCAL.Calendar.7 which works fine all the way
>> > through
>> > Access 2007, but doesn't work in Access 2010. I would rather not go to
>> > popup calendar and would prefer not to have to install Access 97 on
>> > computers already loaded with Access 2010. My design work is still in
>> > Access
>> > 97, so whatever changes I make need to start there.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any assistance.
>> > Mark

0
Allen
6/7/2010 1:30:48 AM
Thank you, Allen. I was hoping it would be something fairly easy to change,
but I'll keep trying to figure it out. It would be a nice replacement for
MSCAL.Calendar.7. Meanwhile, I'll try installing Access 97 on the computer
with Access 2010 just so I don't have to install a pop up calendar on all
the other frontends.
Mark

> As it stands, the code sets a global variable to the text box and assigns
> the value back to that text box when you choose a date.
>
> Since you are not opening it modally, and you could (at least in theory)
> have multiple instances open at once, you will need to perform a more
> serious re-write.
>

> "Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
> > Allen,
> > Thanks for the response. It's a great little calendar. I'm just not very
> > proficient in coding and was hoping for some help in adapting it as a
> > permanent subform. When the main form opens, the subform apparently
cannot
> > find something it needs and I get the message: "The expression you
entered
> > refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist".
> >
> > Do I need to place the code that's normally attached to the calendar
> > command
> > button (the button that opens the calendar) somewhere on the main form
or
> > in
> > the calendar's open event?
> >
> > Thank you.
> > Mark
> >
> > "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
> >> Because it's just a simple little Access form, you can adapt it any way
> > you
> >> want, including using it as a subform.
> >>
> >> Of course, you will need to rewrite the code to match your adaptations.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> >> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> >> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >>

> >> "Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
> > calendar

> > doesn't

0
Mark

Problem using Allen Browne Calendar
Hi, I am using Access 2003. I am trying to use Allen Browne's amazing pop-up calendar to enter dates into my forms. I have done all I could according to the instructions. I have imported the form and the module and copied the button to my form. When I click on the button, it opens the calendar and all appears to be working, but when I select a date and click OK, there is no change in the textbox which I am using to keep my date info. The textbox in question is selected and the default date (today's date) is highlighted, but no changes are made. Can anyone please t...

Replicated MDB not showing conflict resolution window
I have a 2003 MDB that is replicated. Upon synchronization, it states that it is complete; however, when either the replica or the design master is opened, a message is displayed stating "This member of the replica set has conflicts from synchronizing changes with other members". Neither the replica nor the design master will give me the conflict resolution window in order to fix. Not sure how to proceed from here. =?Utf-8?B?R3JpbWVzUkw=?= <GrimesRL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:754AFA0C-A06C-4123-91B0-800108665D3B@microsoft.com: > I have a 2003 M...

Access 2000 /Jet/ BLOB/mdb file structure
Could someone direct me to a reference which gives a byte-level description of mdb files written by MS Access 2000, including whatever native internal variables or pointers there are and their typical locations? Thank you. Richard Bonomo rbonomoXXX@madisonwaterYYY.orgZZZ_drop_caps Richard Bonomo <Richard Bonomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Could someone direct me to a reference which gives a byte-level description >of mdb files written by MS Access 2000, including whatever native internal >variables or pointers there are and their typical locations? Thank you. Mi...

Report objects missing after transferring .mdb to new location
Hi, I have created a database with only 1 table, many queries, and many reports. The reports contain objects (tables copied and pasted from excel) with fields scattered in relevant positions on the object (it was easier to do this than draw tables in Report Design!) I uploaded the .mdb to a http server and it was subsequently downloaded by my associate to his HDD. The database is blank, the queries still work. However the reports appear in name only (i.e. there is nothing to view). He gets no response from clicking into the particular report design either. He can generate new repo...

Tool to perform MDB to PST conversion
I saw a tool a while ago that allows administrators to open up a MDB file with a tool and extract mail messages in to a PST rather than perform a restore. Does anybody know that tool's name? Greg Draz There are two InControl Powertools and Quest Recovery Manager for Exchange I have used both and found the later to be a much more powerful tool http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanagerexchange/ "Greg Draz" <gdrazeno@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6c3da7e9.0411101159.1dd1bcaf@posting.google.com... >I saw a tool a while ago that allows administrators to open up a ...

HELP! VC++/ADO connect & open a mdb problem!
Hi, I have a Mdb file on my WebPage http://www32.brinkster.com/atechcom/db/ClientDatabase.mdb 1) If I use strConnect = "URL=http://www32.brinkster.com/atechcom/db/ClientDataba se.mdb" or "provider=MSDAIPP.DSO;data source=http://www32.brinkster.com/atechcom/db/ClientDataba se.mdb" ... then I am able to connect to it ... but I could not open the table "Answer" in it (display error) 2) If I use the same database but in local computer strConnect = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\\ClientDatabase.mdb" ... then I can open the table &q...

Allen Browne Client Search Multiple Like Statements
Hi all, I need to have this code search multiple fields, but I keep getting "Expected end of statement" on the Me in the second to last line: If Not IsNull(Me.txtFilterMainName) Then 'strWhere = strWhere & "([MainName] Like ""*" & Me.txtFilterMainName & "*"") AND " strWhere = strWhere & "([Address1] Like ""*" & Me.txtFilterMainName & "*"") OR " & _ strWhere = strWhere & " ([StreetName] Like "" * " & Me.txtFilterM...

BAD TRADER
TRADE WITH THIS GUY AT YOUR WON RISK - HE RIPS YOU OFF - PLEASE E MAIL ME FOR FURTHER INFO. This guy wanted to do a trade with me for some Tracy Chapman Bootlegs and I was led a merry dance from the start. I had endless promises that I would receive my part of the trade but this was to no avail. I never received the shows even though I sent him my shows. He advised me on many ocassions that I would receive the shows but I still haven't and now I don't receive any response from the e mails I send him The trader I am talking about is Gerry Strachan / AKA Pete Brown. This guy can be...

blocked .mdb in outlook 2003
using Outlook 2003 on an Exchange 2000 server I am trying to receive access files .mdb but they are blocked. How do you go about enabling them so you can open them in your email? ...

Access an a form in .mdb from the web
Hello All, This has been breaking my nerves for some time now. I have an .mdb file that has a form. The form has three inputs: 1) a FROM_date field 2) a TO_date field and 3) a Source field When I open the access file, I prompt the user to input the FROM and TO dates and also the SOURCE filed. When the user presses the button GO, my code runs a macro, that is triggering a couple of SQL queries to run on an Oracle database. The results are stored on a table, and then displayed to the user. How can I do the same procedure from the web? For example, I will give the users my web servers addres...

Allen Browne - Find as you type
Hello Allen (or others) I am using Allen Browne's great utility 'Find as you type' on a form, but now want to print the results of the forms output. Can it be done? "efandango" <efandango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62B48567-5241-4707-83EE-EB01656BA1A3@microsoft.com... > I am using Allen Browne's great utility 'Find as you type' on a form, but > now want to print the results of the forms output. Can it be done? You may be able to apply the form's filter as the WhereCondition for OpenReport, like this: ...

Detect if MDB has autoexec or a startup form
Does anyone know of way to detect if a MDB has a autoexec or startup form in use without openned the MDB using access.exe. Many thanks in advance Function StartUp(PathToMDB As String) As String On Error GoTo EH Dim db As DAO.Database Dim strMessage As String Dim strStartForm As String If Len(Dir(PathToMDB)) > 0 Then Set db = OpenDatabase(PathToMDB) strStartForm = db.Properties("StartUpForm") If Len(strStartForm) > 0 Then strMessage = PathToMDB & " specifies " & _ strStartForm & " for startup." &...

MDB made on one pc to be used on another.
I have this real problem! A friend needs a database with a lot of addresses etc in and gave me their information in an Excel worksheet. I imported the data and made an Access database here at home, editing it as I went along. It works fine here (Access 2003 and set to default to make a database in 2002-3). I emailed it to them and they saved the attachment in their own database directory, but when they try to open it they get the message: 'This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems....

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

SP3 and .mdb Attachments
I recently installed SP3 to fix problems I was encountering in creating an Access db. Now I can nolonger recieve .mdb attachments in Outlook 2K. The database is attached to the e-mail, states that the e-mail size is 8mb, but when the e-mail is opened the following message is displayed: Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: DDPF.mdb One of my co-works and myself have access to a separate e- mail account, and he can view and open the database, but I get the above message. I need to keep SP3 for the problem it fixes in Access, but I also need to reci...

Allen Browne's Multi-Select Tip
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-50.html The above link is an excellent tip which explains how to use a multi- select list box to select several items at once, and open a report limited to those items. I have this code working on several of my reports, but my "PREFERENCE" would be to run the Report first, and get necessary parameters from the Form. I'm not having any luck in doing this, and in particular, I can't see how to get the value of "strWhere" (the WhereCondition) into my report, after the fact. I have passed the exact same information via a text box to my rep...

Dividing mdb to data part and control part
Hello, I've got divided my "some.mdb" to data part and control part with Access 2003 master. As a result Access created a new file named "some_be.mdb", it contains tables only. Also Access wiped out tables from original "some.mdb" and left it with it's original name. The question is: how Access determines which file contains tables when "some.mdb" starts? Many thanks. Denis. If you used the wizard, I would think that it would create "links" to the ..mdb file with the tables. Have you opened the front-end (the one without the ta...

Allen Browne's Search Screen clears the first record combo boxes
I am using Allen Browne's Search Screen and can't seem to stop the first record's entries being blanked out with the reset button. I changed the original cmdReset_Click() to only set the header fields to Null but my first record's fields also reset with each control. I am using combo boxes in the detail section (to display words instead of record id numbers) which isn't part of the original database. Can someone help? Greatly appreciated, Terri Terri, can you confirm whether: a) the data is being lost, or b) the data is not being displayed properly. There is a di...

Function to return path to current mdb
There must be a function or property to return path/mdb name. Here ya go: Function CurrentDBDir() As String Dim strDB As String, strCurrentDir As String strDB = CurrentDb.Name strCurrentDir = Left(strDB, Len(strDB) - Len(Dir(strDB))) CurrentDBDir = strCurrentDir End Function HTH, -- Mark Andrews RPT Software http://www.rptsoftware.com http://www.donationmanagementsoftware.com "JimP" <jpockmire@att.net> wrote in message news:nqKdna8-wtakiFPWnZ2dnUVZ_g6dnZ2d@giganews.com... > There must be a function or property to return path/mdb name. >...

Case senstive in Access MDB?
When I run "select A from B where name='xxx' " in CDaoDatabase, it seems that MDB ignore the case, return all Xxx, XXX, xxx.and XxX How to make it only return 'xxx', case senstive result? yes, sql is case senstive... but you can use the sql function UPPER( ) like: WHERE UPPER(name) = "XXX" "hooway" <lavasoft@lavasoftware.net> schreef in bericht news:ubija0lrvcv0rrut57202rkk2u6058id41@4ax.com... > When I run "select A from B where name='xxx' " in CDaoDatabase, it > seems that MDB ignore > the case, return all...

Lara Brown, "using microsoft crm"
She creates an outlook contacts importing tool(chapter 14). Its just the tool i need. I trying to track down someone who used it or knows any thing about it. I looked at the code on the disk that came with the book, but am not sure where to start. thanks. You need to be familiar with visual studio.net and programming. "Sam" <Sam@radc.com> wrote in message news:015201c3cfd5$8b815b00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > She creates an outlook contacts importing tool(chapter > 14). Its just the tool i need. I trying to track down > someone who used it or knows any thing about...

Closing Access 2007 creates multiple MDB files
This is really strange, but I can't figure out what is causing this. I have an Access 2007 application stored on a network shared drive. I just created a new report, saved the report, and closed Access. Then, I went to my wife's laptop, and opened the application from there. My new report was not there, and I also noticed about 10 or 12 copies of "database1.mdb," "database2.mdb," "database3.mdb," etc. They all seem to be copies of the access application (which has an extension of .accdb). Can anyone clue me in on what is happening here? Uncheck the Com...

Code does not work after converting MDB to MDE
Hello all, I'm using the code described in KB article(see link below) to print a report on legal paper in landscape mode, however the code no longer works when I convert the database the Access 97 database from MDB to MDE. Any thoughts on how I get around this? Thanks, Rohit Thomas http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;302650&Product=acc97 Rohit, The code fails at the following statement: DoCmd.OpenReport strName, acDesign when run in an .mde, because by definition an .mde does not allow for objects like forms and reports to be opened in design view, like ...

Access 2003 and/or 2007 copy in objects from another mdb
Is is possible to write code in an Access MDB that will allow a user to select another Access MDB and then see a list of report and/or queries so they can select from the list. Then programatically copy in those objects from another mdb in to the current mdb? I know that access allows for the exporting and importing of objects but I have a need to do this programatically. Sure, it can be done. Here are the general outlines: 1) Use the Open/Save API that you can find here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm to select the database file you want to inspect. 2) Progr...

corruption of mdb files on network drives using Access 2003 under Vista
I have been having a rather aggravating problem with databases becoming corrupt after opening them on a Vista machine. I have finally found a common theme to the problem, and a work around, and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Running Access 2003 on a Vista Business computer in a Windows 2003 AD environment. If I open an Access database, make any changes to ANY object, then close the database and allow it to automatically compact itself, the database ends up corrupt and I can no longer open it under Vista, nor under XP. I have found that if I turn off the automatic compacting...