Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb

This may be asking too much, but does anyone know how to use the calendar
(frmCalendar) from Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb as a subform on a main
form, rather than as a modal popup?

I would like to use the calendar's default date (today) or change to another
date as needed,obviously, but also make selections on other controls on the
main form without closing the calendar. Having a hidden text box to hold the
calendar's value would not be a problem.

I tried using it as a subform, but when I open the main form I get an error:
"The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
exist". If I use a command button on the main form to open the popup
calendar as intended to set the value of a textbox, then the subform version
of the calendar also will work to set the value of that same textbox. I just
don't understand the code well enough to make this work using only the
subform.

I'm trying to replace MSCAL.Calendar.7 which works fine all the way through
Access 2007, but doesn't work in Access 2010. I would rather not go to a
popup calendar and would prefer not to have to install Access 97 on
computers already loaded with Access 2010. My design work is still in Access
97, so whatever changes I make need to start there.

Thanks for any assistance.
Mark

0
Mark

Because it's just a simple little Access form, you can adapt it any way you
want, including using it as a subform.

Of course, you will need to rewrite the code to match your adaptations.

"Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
> This may be asking too much, but does anyone know how to use the calendar
> (frmCalendar) from Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb as a subform on a main
> form, rather than as a modal popup?
>
> I would like to use the calendar's default date (today) or change to
> another
> date as needed,obviously, but also make selections on other controls on
> the
> main form without closing the calendar. Having a hidden text box to hold
> the
> calendar's value would not be a problem.
>
> I tried using it as a subform, but when I open the main form I get an
> error:
> "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
> exist". If I use a command button on the main form to open the popup
> calendar as intended to set the value of a textbox, then the subform
> version
> of the calendar also will work to set the value of that same textbox. I
> just
> don't understand the code well enough to make this work using only the
> subform.
>
> I'm trying to replace MSCAL.Calendar.7 which works fine all the way
> through
> Access 2007, but doesn't work in Access 2010. I would rather not go to a
> popup calendar and would prefer not to have to install Access 97 on
> computers already loaded with Access 2010. My design work is still in
> Access
> 97, so whatever changes I make need to start there.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
> Mark

0
Allen
6/6/2010 4:00:38 AM
Allen,
Thanks for the response. It's a great little calendar. I'm just not very
proficient in coding and was hoping for some help in adapting it as a
permanent subform. When the main form opens, the subform apparently cannot
find something it needs and I get the message: "The expression you entered
refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist".

Do I need to place the code that's normally attached to the calendar command
button (the button that opens the calendar) somewhere on the main form or in
the calendar's open event?

Thank you.
Mark

> Because it's just a simple little Access form, you can adapt it any way
you
> want, including using it as a subform.
>
> Of course, you will need to rewrite the code to match your adaptations.

> "Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
> > This may be asking too much, but does anyone know how to use the
calendar
> > (frmCalendar) from Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb as a subform on a main
> > form, rather than as a modal popup?
> >
> > I would like to use the calendar's default date (today) or change to
> > another
> > date as needed,obviously, but also make selections on other controls on
> > the
> > main form without closing the calendar. Having a hidden text box to hold
> > the
> > calendar's value would not be a problem.
> >
> > I tried using it as a subform, but when I open the main form I get an
> > error:
> > "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or
doesn't
> > exist". If I use a command button on the main form to open the popup
> > calendar as intended to set the value of a textbox, then the subform
> > version
> > of the calendar also will work to set the value of that same textbox. I
> > just
> > don't understand the code well enough to make this work using only the
> > subform.
> >
> > I'm trying to replace MSCAL.Calendar.7 which works fine all the way
> > through
> > Access 2007, but doesn't work in Access 2010. I would rather not go to a
> > popup calendar and would prefer not to have to install Access 97 on
> > computers already loaded with Access 2010. My design work is still in
> > Access
> > 97, so whatever changes I make need to start there.
> >
> > Thanks for any assistance.
> > Mark

0
Mark
6/6/2010 8:14:22 AM
As it stands, the code sets a global variable to the text box and assigns
the value back to that text box when you choose a date.

Since you are not opening it modally, and you could (at least in theory)
have multiple instances open at once, you will need to perform a more
serious re-write.

> Allen,
> Thanks for the response. It's a great little calendar. I'm just not very
> proficient in coding and was hoping for some help in adapting it as a
> permanent subform. When the main form opens, the subform apparently cannot
> find something it needs and I get the message: "The expression you entered
> refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist".
>
> Do I need to place the code that's normally attached to the calendar
> command
> button (the button that opens the calendar) somewhere on the main form or
> in
> the calendar's open event?
>
> Thank you.
> Mark
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Because it's just a simple little Access form, you can adapt it any way
> you
>> want, including using it as a subform.
>>
>> Of course, you will need to rewrite the code to match your adaptations.
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>

>> "Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
>> > This may be asking too much, but does anyone know how to use the
> calendar
>> > (frmCalendar) from Allen Browne's Calendar97.mdb as a subform on a main
>> > form, rather than as a modal popup?
>> >
>> > I would like to use the calendar's default date (today) or change to
>> > another
>> > date as needed,obviously, but also make selections on other controls on
>> > the
>> > main form without closing the calendar. Having a hidden text box to
>> > hold
>> > the
>> > calendar's value would not be a problem.
>> >
>> > I tried using it as a subform, but when I open the main form I get an
>> > error:
>> > "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or
> doesn't
>> > exist". If I use a command button on the main form to open the popup
>> > calendar as intended to set the value of a textbox, then the subform
>> > version
>> > of the calendar also will work to set the value of that same textbox. I
>> > just
>> > don't understand the code well enough to make this work using only the
>> > subform.
>> >
>> > I'm trying to replace MSCAL.Calendar.7 which works fine all the way
>> > through
>> > Access 2007, but doesn't work in Access 2010. I would rather not go to
>> > popup calendar and would prefer not to have to install Access 97 on
>> > computers already loaded with Access 2010. My design work is still in
>> > Access
>> > 97, so whatever changes I make need to start there.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any assistance.
>> > Mark

0
Allen
6/7/2010 1:30:48 AM
Thank you, Allen. I was hoping it would be something fairly easy to change,
but I'll keep trying to figure it out. It would be a nice replacement for
MSCAL.Calendar.7. Meanwhile, I'll try installing Access 97 on the computer
with Access 2010 just so I don't have to install a pop up calendar on all
the other frontends.
Mark

> As it stands, the code sets a global variable to the text box and assigns
> the value back to that text box when you choose a date.
>
> Since you are not opening it modally, and you could (at least in theory)
> have multiple instances open at once, you will need to perform a more
> serious re-write.
>

> "Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
> > Allen,
> > Thanks for the response. It's a great little calendar. I'm just not very
> > proficient in coding and was hoping for some help in adapting it as a
> > permanent subform. When the main form opens, the subform apparently
cannot
> > find something it needs and I get the message: "The expression you
entered
> > refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist".
> >
> > Do I need to place the code that's normally attached to the calendar
> > command
> > button (the button that opens the calendar) somewhere on the main form
or
> > in
> > the calendar's open event?
> >
> > Thank you.
> > Mark
> >
> > "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
> >> Because it's just a simple little Access form, you can adapt it any way
> > you
> >> want, including using it as a subform.
> >>
> >> Of course, you will need to rewrite the code to match your adaptations.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> >> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> >> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >>

> >> "Mark" <cmd@mountain.net> wrote in message
> > calendar

> > doesn't

0
Mark

Dividing mdb to data part and control part
Hello, I've got divided my "some.mdb" to data part and control part with Access 2003 master. As a result Access created a new file named "some_be.mdb", it contains tables only. Also Access wiped out tables from original "some.mdb" and left it with it's original name. The question is: how Access determines which file contains tables when "some.mdb" starts? Thank you. Denis. On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:46:25 +0400, "dannis" <none@nomail.ru> wrote: >The question is: how Access determines which file contains tables when >...

Allen test
Allen test ...

For Allen Browne (Argent)
Dear Allen I Send A Mesage Before Telling You That The Code is Executing At The Design Time So I Specifically Get The Problem Which Is IN A Module But This Function Function MyBol(XX as integer) As Boolean Msgbox "Hi" Debug.print "Print Me" End Function And In The Rowsource For THe Combo Box In Any Table Use The Code Select iif(MyBol(1) = true,Field1,Field2) From TableName Where ... You Will Find That The Code Will Be Executed When You Click Save From The Form In Design View Thank You Allen I Hope You can Help Me Thanks A Lot No: I'm not seeing that....

Allen Browne Help me with Audit log
Hi Allen I use your code but an " error '3061' Too few parameters. Expected 1." appears I check all my fields again and again I change all my combo boxes to text box and check boxes to text box but the error still there !!! I am desparate what I am doing wrong ??? Please help me ! Well, I'm not Allen and I don't know how his audit log utility works, but if you want to understand the "Too Few Parameters" error, you might want to down load this sample: http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/topic234.html.' With the sample is an artic...

Query an External Mdb
Anyone know the syntax for a select query of a table outside of the current db I am operating from. For instance, let's say I am working out of SunsetForms.Mdb and am writing a query to SunsetMainDB.Mdb file. How would I write that query? And, do I need to establish some sort of permanent connection to it upon an open event or something? I get stumped after this attempt: SELECT JobName FROM Master_Jobs; How would the query know where the "Master_Jobs" table is if it is outside the the database which is running the query? Thanks for any help you can give me. Lesley. You ca...

Allen Browne's 'Library Resource'
hello gurus I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen Browne's web site. This offers a lot of good advice on the organization of tables for a Library database. Is an actual Database file available so I can study this a little deeper? I've searched the web, but couldn's find this database. I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access 95'. Much thanks Cinnie -- cinnie There's not a sample database for this page: http://allenbrowne.com/AppLibrary.html You can make one quite quickly ...

For Allen Brown (Argent)
Dear Allen I Send Some Questions Before About Running Code At Design Time But A Did Not got Any Solution For My Problem So That I Try To Send To You A Data Base File To Show You The Problem But The Outlook Denied So Please How Can I Post To You The File In Other Way Thank You Rabea Khalil Please do not send your file. We are fully booked at present, and unable to take on any more work. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <999> wrote in mess...

Allen Browne Date Roll Question!
This works on my Letter Key pad but not my Number Pad unless I Turn off Num Lock Can this be used with Number Key Pad ............Thanks Bob To provide this functionality in Access, attach this Event Procedure to the KeyPress event of your control. Select Case KeyAscii Case 43 ' Plus key KeyAscii = 0 Screen.ActiveControl = Screen.ActiveControl + 1 Case 45 ' Minus key KeyAscii = 0 Screen.ActiveControl = Screen.ActiveControl - 1 End Select Very strange: on my machine it works on both the keypad +/- and also the o...

VBA to delete 200 Reports from MDB
I was given this code that would delete Queries starting with ~. And I thought maybe I would be able to use it to delete 200 reports, but I obviously do not understand this well enough, would someone please provide me some insight?? I looked at the MSysObjects table and figured that since all Reports are of TYPE = -32764 maybe I could change this line If VBA.InStr(Qdef.Name, "~") = 1 Then to If VBA.InStr(Qdef.TYPE, -32764) = 1 Then I have discovered that Qdef.name does not represent the fieldname NAME ??????? Thank you to anyone who helps.. This is what I started with>...

Allen Browns List files recursively
this is a query relating to allen browns List files recursively contribution via http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html brilliant contribution, works really well. the only issue i have is the full path and filename are displayed in the list box, so my list box needs to be the size of the screen to view full path. Is there a way to just get the listbox to display the filename to the user but to also keep the filename and path hidden so that the double click hyperlink still works to open the documents?? On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 04:56:04 -0700, StuJol <StuJol@discussions.microsoft.co...

findasutype By Allen Brownes
Well I've Been Using Allen Brownes findasutype for a few months now and been working fantastic, Untill today when i created a new form and wanted to you the module on this new form, ive done nothing different on this form than any other form i have the module on, but its does not want to work. the error im getting on the new form when the form opens is the following. Error 3265: Item Not Found In This Collection. then the form carry's on to load and the drop down combo "cboFindAsUTypeField" is Blank and not Showing the field names available. I have the forms Onload Eve...

Allen Browne's MultiForms
hi! hope you can help me! i'm trying to change Allen Browne's code to open multiple reports. the problem i have is that the name of the report may not always be the same the line: Set rpt = New Report_rptTempNom can i make this line accept avariable? rptTempNom is a public variable but it gives me an error "User-Defined Type Not Defined" what can i do? thanks. 'Adapted from: http://allenbrowne.com Public clnClient As New Collection 'Instances of frmClient. Function OpenAClient() 'Purpose: Open an independent instance of form frmClient. ...

3 mm Long Arm Metric Allen Wrench- (023-58056) Category: Hex Keys
Price:$69.00 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B001HWDNJ0 Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B001HWDNJ0 Item #: 023-58056. All hex keys are precision formed to exact tolerances for precise fitResists rotational distortion Measuring System = MetricTip Size = 3 mmTip Type = HexMaterial = Alloy SteelFinish = Black OxideHandle Type = L-Handle Meets Fed. Std. GGG-K-275 AMED 1|Meets ASME/ANSI B18.3 Customers also search for: Discount 3 mm Long Arm Metric Allen Wrench-, Buy 3 mm Long Arm Metric Allen Wrench-, Wholesale 3 mm Long Arm Metric Allen Wrench-, ...

My Form is gone. Access doesn't let me import it from other mdb
My Form is gone. Access doesn't let me import it from other mdb Missing Form, Sounds like corruption... http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruption/symptoms.htm. I would make a back-up, make another back-up and then first try importing everything into a new database. Also, read this article... http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruption/retrievedata.htm. And after all of that I would finish off with this article... http://allenbrowne.com/ser-25.html and see if any of those circumstances apply to you. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know...

Popup Calender Allen Browne
Hello access users, I've used the popup calender who was presented on the website: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html and it is working very well. My only problem is that the date, wich appears in the text box come's in the short way: 09-03-2008 Is there a possibility to show it in the standard way: 09-03-2008 12:50:09 I've you could give me a reply with a vba example for the changes I have to make, I would be very grateful Thanks a lot. Greetings In the OK click event of the form calendar, add the line after the else line: If Me.cmdOk.Enabled Then If gtxtCalTarget = M...

Allen Browne's Multi-Select Tip
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-50.html The above link is an excellent tip which explains how to use a multi- select list box to select several items at once, and open a report limited to those items. I have this code working on several of my reports, but my "PREFERENCE" would be to run the Report first, and get necessary parameters from the Form. I'm not having any luck in doing this, and in particular, I can't see how to get the value of "strWhere" (the WhereCondition) into my report, after the fact. I have passed the exact same information via a text box to my rep...

Change a MS Access file (mdb) to a MS Project file (mpp)
I hope this is the right forum. I plan to use VC++ and MFC to manipulate the file formats available with MS Project so you tell me. First I should ask if anyone knows if there is a C++ class library out there for MS Project? I need to change a Project file saved as an Access database back to a Project file format. (i.e. Start with a MPP file, change it to a MDB file and then back to a MPP file). I start with a Microsoft Project file that is saved with a Microsoft Access file format. The Access file lives on my web server. From a browser, I can update the Access file from a data en...

No puedo abrir archivo MDB
�Por qu� un programa hecho con las clases Dao de MFC puede o no puede abrir un archivo de Access97 seg�n en qu� ordenador corre? He llegado a la conclusi�n de que es problema del sistema operativo pero, si es as� �qu� es lo que hay que actualizar? ...

How to proceed using Allen Browne search interface
I am trying to build an application that will track printer usage. I am using a search interface that I downloaded form Allen Browne's web site (excellent stuff!!). My concept is this; 1. Interface allows user to choose search criteria based on type of pages printed, specific printer, and time frame of printer usage audit. 2. After user selects the criteria the form displays the filtered data and changes the columns that are displayed based on the criteria chosen. 3. A chart displays (preferably on the same screen as the current search form) the filtered data. I have number 1 above d...

Lara Brown, "using microsoft crm"
She creates an outlook contacts importing tool(chapter 14). Its just the tool i need. I trying to track down someone who used it or knows any thing about it. I looked at the code on the disk that came with the book, but am not sure where to start. thanks. You need to be familiar with visual studio.net and programming. "Sam" <Sam@radc.com> wrote in message news:015201c3cfd5$8b815b00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > She creates an outlook contacts importing tool(chapter > 14). Its just the tool i need. I trying to track down > someone who used it or knows any thing about...

Thanks to Allen Browne... and all MVPs.....
Thanks you very much... for reply and thoughts.. convayed.. will look site and read again million thanks.. Dr. Khalak ...

Manufacturing SDK
if this it is their answer: Don't expect much from the Mftg SDK because it only covers Manufacturing Order Processing - Inventory & SOP. MRP, MPS, etc. are all missing. where I find information but detailed? It would help if you give us more info about what you're trying to accomplish like are you trying to understand the table logic of the modules or are you trying to customize a window? I gave you what I know about the mftg sdk but there are a lot of other sources that you can look at like going to the Documentation folder. There are a lot of pdf files on manufactur...

Multiple (two) back-end MDB's.
How does one go about structuring the concatenation of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single application that has one back-end that is common at each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end that is peculiar to each of those locations. The common mdb would desirably be read only while the "site" mdb would be updateable. Given that there's a straight forward answer to this question, my next question would be how to create the common mdb based on a query of a "master" DB. (The "master" location being the point of ...

Converting an Access 2002 .mdb file into .mde
hi, i was trying to convert my access 2002 .mdb file into .mde . However i wasn't able to do so as the whole Microsoft Access Program 'hangs' or does not responds and i need to close the program. Why does it hangs? I tried it out on 3 computers but all three computers also hang. As far as I know... You need to get a "clean" mdb before you can convert it to an mde. A "clean" mdb means this: -Decompile the mdb using the undocumented /decompile switch. (it's partially undocumented, it's actually documented at www.trigeminal.com and even now referred ...

Sluggishness in MDB file after database migration
Hello: We have an access database in the office that was sitting on server 1 and being shared by at most 5-7 users at the same time over a domain. Server 1 is old and we are looking to slowly retire it so we moved everything to a newer more powerful server 2 (including this database). However, it seems that whenever I shutdown server 1 in order to see if there are any users still accessing server 1 materials, I noticed this file (now resides on server 2) experiences very slow, sluggish responses when opening a table inside the database. The table will eventually open, but at about 1/2 ...