AfterUpdate event procedure

I have an AfterUpdate procedure that populates values from a subform into 
fields on my main data entry form.  The forms/subforms were created using 
Access 2000 and worked correctly in Access 2003.  When I upgraded to Access 
2007, the code no longer works....unless I enter the STUDYID value twice.  
Any ideas as to why this is occurring? And how do I fix it?

Private Sub STUDYID_AfterUpdate()
 [LNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Lname2]
 [MI] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![MI2]
 [FNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Fname2]
 [COUNTY] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![County2]
 [HOSPID] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Hospid2]
 [HOSPID1] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Txhosp2]
  [Accessno] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Accessno2]
End Sub
0
Utf
4/19/2010 10:21:01 PM
access.modulesdaovba 1670 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
575 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 16

I may not be understanding your situation well enough ...

The standard use of main form/subform construction is to allow for the one 
(main)-to-many (sub) relationship.

Thus, there would be no need to "populate values from a subform (i.e., a 
"many" record) into fields on main ... form (the "one" record)".

More info, please...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

-- 
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.

"CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0002F9C6-D95B-4A75-AEED-197391BCCAD2@microsoft.com...
>I have an AfterUpdate procedure that populates values from a subform into
> fields on my main data entry form.  The forms/subforms were created using
> Access 2000 and worked correctly in Access 2003.  When I upgraded to 
> Access
> 2007, the code no longer works....unless I enter the STUDYID value twice.
> Any ideas as to why this is occurring? And how do I fix it?
>
> Private Sub STUDYID_AfterUpdate()
> [LNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Lname2]
> [MI] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![MI2]
> [FNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Fname2]
> [COUNTY] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![County2]
> [HOSPID] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Hospid2]
> [HOSPID1] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Txhosp2]
>  [Accessno] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Accessno2]
> End Sub 


0
Jeff
4/19/2010 11:22:56 PM
Jeff,

The situation is as follows:  We have two data collection forms that have a 
few common fields: fname, lname, mi, state, county, etc.  Ideally, we would 
have structured the tables with a one to many relationship, but the end-user 
requested a flat-file view with all data elements contained in a single 
record.  To prevent duplicating entry of common fields across tables, we 
created a subform to serve as a placeholder for values of the variables 
listed above.  Upon entry of the studyid in form2, if this value is found in 
form1, the lname, fname, etc. is captured in the subform.  The afterupdate 
procedure grabs the data from the subform and populates the related fields in 
form2, which worked fine in previous versions of Access.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> I may not be understanding your situation well enough ...
> 
> The standard use of main form/subform construction is to allow for the one 
> (main)-to-many (sub) relationship.
> 
> Thus, there would be no need to "populate values from a subform (i.e., a 
> "many" record) into fields on main ... form (the "one" record)".
> 
> More info, please...
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> -- 
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> 
> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> guarantee as to suitability.
> 
> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> possible/necessary.
> 
> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:0002F9C6-D95B-4A75-AEED-197391BCCAD2@microsoft.com...
> >I have an AfterUpdate procedure that populates values from a subform into
> > fields on my main data entry form.  The forms/subforms were created using
> > Access 2000 and worked correctly in Access 2003.  When I upgraded to 
> > Access
> > 2007, the code no longer works....unless I enter the STUDYID value twice.
> > Any ideas as to why this is occurring? And how do I fix it?
> >
> > Private Sub STUDYID_AfterUpdate()
> > [LNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Lname2]
> > [MI] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![MI2]
> > [FNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Fname2]
> > [COUNTY] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![County2]
> > [HOSPID] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Hospid2]
> > [HOSPID1] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Txhosp2]
> >  [Accessno] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Accessno2]
> > End Sub 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/20/2010 2:37:02 PM
See comments in-line below ...


"CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:98C182A9-9487-418B-8124-C394D8B040DE@microsoft.com...
> Jeff,
>
> The situation is as follows:  We have two data collection forms that have 
> a
> few common fields: fname, lname, mi, state, county, etc.  Ideally, we 
> would
> have structured the tables with a one to many relationship, but the 
> end-user
> requested a flat-file view with all data elements contained in a single
> record.

If you were limited to displaying the data only in the tables, you might as 
well be using Excel!  It sounds like you understand that you need to use 
forms to display/add/edit data, in part, to keep the users from muckin' 
about in the tables!

Just because the user wants to SEE a flat-file view, you are not required to 
store the data in Access that way.  Access queries work quite nicely to 
"flatten" a view for the users.

> To prevent duplicating entry of common fields across tables, we
> created a subform to serve as a placeholder for values of the variables
> listed above.  Upon entry of the studyid in form2, if this value is found 
> in
> form1, the lname, fname, etc. is captured in the subform.  The afterupdate
> procedure grabs the data from the subform and populates the related fields 
> in
> form2, which worked fine in previous versions of Access.

You've worked out this fairly complicated process as a work-around, to deal 
with the "flat-file view" requirement.

If you go back to basics and normalize your data structure, you can use 
queries and forms to display it any way you need to, without all the 
gyrations...

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

-- 
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.



>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> I may not be understanding your situation well enough ...
>>
>> The standard use of main form/subform construction is to allow for the 
>> one
>> (main)-to-many (sub) relationship.
>>
>> Thus, there would be no need to "populate values from a subform (i.e., a
>> "many" record) into fields on main ... form (the "one" record)".
>>
>> More info, please...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> -- 
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>
>> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:0002F9C6-D95B-4A75-AEED-197391BCCAD2@microsoft.com...
>> >I have an AfterUpdate procedure that populates values from a subform 
>> >into
>> > fields on my main data entry form.  The forms/subforms were created 
>> > using
>> > Access 2000 and worked correctly in Access 2003.  When I upgraded to
>> > Access
>> > 2007, the code no longer works....unless I enter the STUDYID value 
>> > twice.
>> > Any ideas as to why this is occurring? And how do I fix it?
>> >
>> > Private Sub STUDYID_AfterUpdate()
>> > [LNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Lname2]
>> > [MI] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![MI2]
>> > [FNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Fname2]
>> > [COUNTY] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![County2]
>> > [HOSPID] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Hospid2]
>> > [HOSPID1] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Txhosp2]
>> >  [Accessno] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Accessno2]
>> > End Sub
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Jeff
4/20/2010 10:16:38 PM
Thanks Jeff.  I will need quite a bit of luck!  

However, I don't think the design is the issue as the same problem occurs in 
another of my Access databases with the afterupdate procedure.  This database 
contains a single table with no relationships.  The event is called by data 
elements in an option group.  A Select Case statement is used to populate 
assigned values into fields based on certain conditions.  It's all done in 
VB; no subforms are used.  The code worked fine in Access 2003, but no longer 
works in Access 2007...unless the user enters the value, sets focus to the 
next data entry field, returns focus to the previous field, and reenters the 
value.

Thanks again...CJ

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> See comments in-line below ...
> 
> 
> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:98C182A9-9487-418B-8124-C394D8B040DE@microsoft.com...
> > Jeff,
> >
> > The situation is as follows:  We have two data collection forms that have 
> > a
> > few common fields: fname, lname, mi, state, county, etc.  Ideally, we 
> > would
> > have structured the tables with a one to many relationship, but the 
> > end-user
> > requested a flat-file view with all data elements contained in a single
> > record.
> 
> If you were limited to displaying the data only in the tables, you might as 
> well be using Excel!  It sounds like you understand that you need to use 
> forms to display/add/edit data, in part, to keep the users from muckin' 
> about in the tables!
> 
> Just because the user wants to SEE a flat-file view, you are not required to 
> store the data in Access that way.  Access queries work quite nicely to 
> "flatten" a view for the users.
> 
> > To prevent duplicating entry of common fields across tables, we
> > created a subform to serve as a placeholder for values of the variables
> > listed above.  Upon entry of the studyid in form2, if this value is found 
> > in
> > form1, the lname, fname, etc. is captured in the subform.  The afterupdate
> > procedure grabs the data from the subform and populates the related fields 
> > in
> > form2, which worked fine in previous versions of Access.
> 
> You've worked out this fairly complicated process as a work-around, to deal 
> with the "flat-file view" requirement.
> 
> If you go back to basics and normalize your data structure, you can use 
> queries and forms to display it any way you need to, without all the 
> gyrations...
> 
> Good luck!
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> -- 
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> 
> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> guarantee as to suitability.
> 
> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> possible/necessary.
> 
> 
> 
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> I may not be understanding your situation well enough ...
> >>
> >> The standard use of main form/subform construction is to allow for the 
> >> one
> >> (main)-to-many (sub) relationship.
> >>
> >> Thus, there would be no need to "populate values from a subform (i.e., a
> >> "many" record) into fields on main ... form (the "one" record)".
> >>
> >> More info, please...
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Access MVP
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> >> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> >> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >>
> >> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> >> guarantee as to suitability.
> >>
> >> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> >> possible/necessary.
> >>
> >> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:0002F9C6-D95B-4A75-AEED-197391BCCAD2@microsoft.com...
> >> >I have an AfterUpdate procedure that populates values from a subform 
> >> >into
> >> > fields on my main data entry form.  The forms/subforms were created 
> >> > using
> >> > Access 2000 and worked correctly in Access 2003.  When I upgraded to
> >> > Access
> >> > 2007, the code no longer works....unless I enter the STUDYID value 
> >> > twice.
> >> > Any ideas as to why this is occurring? And how do I fix it?
> >> >
> >> > Private Sub STUDYID_AfterUpdate()
> >> > [LNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Lname2]
> >> > [MI] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![MI2]
> >> > [FNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Fname2]
> >> > [COUNTY] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![County2]
> >> > [HOSPID] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Hospid2]
> >> > [HOSPID1] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Txhosp2]
> >> >  [Accessno] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Accessno2]
> >> > End Sub
> >>
> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/21/2010 12:16:01 PM
I've not run into the situation you describe ... perhaps another newsgroup 
reader can offer assistance.

My comment about the table structure was intended to point out that Access' 
relationally-oriented features and functions are optimized to work with 
well-normalized data.

If your data is not, you and Access will have to work overtime to overcome 
the non-relational data structure.

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

-- 
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.

"CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6FF66501-93F0-4399-A085-6FA67B6E8E2D@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Jeff.  I will need quite a bit of luck!
>
> However, I don't think the design is the issue as the same problem occurs 
> in
> another of my Access databases with the afterupdate procedure.  This 
> database
> contains a single table with no relationships.  The event is called by 
> data
> elements in an option group.  A Select Case statement is used to populate
> assigned values into fields based on certain conditions.  It's all done in
> VB; no subforms are used.  The code worked fine in Access 2003, but no 
> longer
> works in Access 2007...unless the user enters the value, sets focus to the
> next data entry field, returns focus to the previous field, and reenters 
> the
> value.
>
> Thanks again...CJ
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> See comments in-line below ...
>>
>>
>> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:98C182A9-9487-418B-8124-C394D8B040DE@microsoft.com...
>> > Jeff,
>> >
>> > The situation is as follows:  We have two data collection forms that 
>> > have
>> > a
>> > few common fields: fname, lname, mi, state, county, etc.  Ideally, we
>> > would
>> > have structured the tables with a one to many relationship, but the
>> > end-user
>> > requested a flat-file view with all data elements contained in a single
>> > record.
>>
>> If you were limited to displaying the data only in the tables, you might 
>> as
>> well be using Excel!  It sounds like you understand that you need to use
>> forms to display/add/edit data, in part, to keep the users from muckin'
>> about in the tables!
>>
>> Just because the user wants to SEE a flat-file view, you are not required 
>> to
>> store the data in Access that way.  Access queries work quite nicely to
>> "flatten" a view for the users.
>>
>> > To prevent duplicating entry of common fields across tables, we
>> > created a subform to serve as a placeholder for values of the variables
>> > listed above.  Upon entry of the studyid in form2, if this value is 
>> > found
>> > in
>> > form1, the lname, fname, etc. is captured in the subform.  The 
>> > afterupdate
>> > procedure grabs the data from the subform and populates the related 
>> > fields
>> > in
>> > form2, which worked fine in previous versions of Access.
>>
>> You've worked out this fairly complicated process as a work-around, to 
>> deal
>> with the "flat-file view" requirement.
>>
>> If you go back to basics and normalize your data structure, you can use
>> queries and forms to display it any way you need to, without all the
>> gyrations...
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> -- 
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>
>>
>>
>> >
>> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>> >
>> >> I may not be understanding your situation well enough ...
>> >>
>> >> The standard use of main form/subform construction is to allow for the
>> >> one
>> >> (main)-to-many (sub) relationship.
>> >>
>> >> Thus, there would be no need to "populate values from a subform (i.e., 
>> >> a
>> >> "many" record) into fields on main ... form (the "one" record)".
>> >>
>> >> More info, please...
>> >>
>> >> Regards
>> >>
>> >> Jeff Boyce
>> >> Microsoft Access MVP
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services 
>> >> mentioned
>> >> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service 
>> >> herein
>> >> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>> >>
>> >> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with 
>> >> no
>> >> guarantee as to suitability.
>> >>
>> >> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> >> possible/necessary.
>> >>
>> >> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:0002F9C6-D95B-4A75-AEED-197391BCCAD2@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I have an AfterUpdate procedure that populates values from a subform
>> >> >into
>> >> > fields on my main data entry form.  The forms/subforms were created
>> >> > using
>> >> > Access 2000 and worked correctly in Access 2003.  When I upgraded to
>> >> > Access
>> >> > 2007, the code no longer works....unless I enter the STUDYID value
>> >> > twice.
>> >> > Any ideas as to why this is occurring? And how do I fix it?
>> >> >
>> >> > Private Sub STUDYID_AfterUpdate()
>> >> > [LNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Lname2]
>> >> > [MI] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![MI2]
>> >> > [FNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Fname2]
>> >> > [COUNTY] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![County2]
>> >> > [HOSPID] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Hospid2]
>> >> > [HOSPID1] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Txhosp2]
>> >> >  [Accessno] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Accessno2]
>> >> > End Sub
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> .
>> >>
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Jeff
4/21/2010 6:05:38 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

event firing in Access 2007 (retreat/load events)
I have an 2003 database running under Access 2007. When creating a report, I noticed some anomalies: 1. Retreat event is not fired at all (after a group header is formatted but not printed) 2. Appearently, report Load event fires when I do a print preview, but does not fire when I export to pdf Am I missing something, or is this a bug? Thanks, ...

NDR Event logs 3018 & 3030
Although diagnostic logging for NDR is set to none under the MSExchangeTransport category in Exchange 2003, I still get some event logs 3018 or 3030. Any idea how to get rid of them? These events relate to public folder replication. Check your logging levels under MSExchangeIS\Public Folder -- Tyrone Cowart Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Claude Wacker" <bcdwacker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4d54ffb9.040122...

Event Handler
Hello, I use an COM server that creates a number of events. I have created a class that controls the COM server and that receives the events, it's called LaserCtrl. This works! I have a form that uses LaserCtrl and I want to update a textbox in the form from LaserCtrl. The constructor of LaserCtrl looks like this private TextBox msg; public LaserCtrl(TextBox m) { msg = m; } From a normal method in LaserCtrl this works perfectly msg.Text = "my nice message"; BUT from the EventHandler method nothing happens...

automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to public Calendar?
Is there a way to automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to a public Calendar? Having the person who added the event send me an invite is not an option, because they will not do this. (I am required to check the calendar to see if any events have been added.) I can't see a way to quickly see what new events have been added so I have to check the whole calendar. (Or is there a way to view events by the date they were added, not the date of the event?) TJ There should be some solutions for this at = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook...

Events, dear boy, events #2
Hi Bob Yes I'm certain. I'm right-clicking the worksheet tab to view th sheet's code page, then pasting the in the event code.. -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27721 ...

AfterUpdate/BeforeUpdate and SetFocus
I have some problems with the SetFocus command in a Userform with an AfterUpdate or BeforeUpdate routine. To make it clear to you, I made a very small Userform to demonstrate it. It only contains 8 TextBoxes and this code: Code: Private Sub TextBox01_AfterUpdate() Me.TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox02_BeforeUpdate(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox03_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox04_Change() TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub I expected that in ...

Meta content in the event log
Hello All Programmer, I want to put Hyperlink in content of Event Log! just like --> For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. this type of hyperlink comes in the content part when windows create the event log message. some buddy told me that this is possible when we send hyperlink in the meta tag. so i want to know that exact procedure... Thanks Ashutosh Hi Ashutosh, We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! regards, Rhett Gong...

CScrollbar events in VS 2003
I've added a scroll bar to a dialog in a new dialog only mfc app. but the only event I can find for it is NM_THEMECHANGED (which throws a compiler error)? Can I add my own WM_SCROLL handlers? Thanks ...

AfterUpdate
Hello Chaps, In the AfterUpdate code I had the detail back colour change if a check box (tbc) = True. However if I tick the box now it turns the back colour of every form irrespective if that record is ticked tbc or not! Any help on solving this would be great. JAMES Private Sub tbc_afterupdate() If Me.tbc = True Then Me.Section(0).BackColor = 65535 Else Me.Section(0).BackColor = 16777215 End If End Sub If you are using a continuous form, that code won't work. The good news is that you can use Conditional Formatting to make it work. In Design View, select the combo box and fro...

Sub forms procedure execution order
Hi I have a Booking Form which contains 2 Sub Forms, Customer Details and Booking Details. I also have a Customers form in a seperate part of the system, and I am trying to make a link - New Booking, which opens the Booking Form with the selected Customer Details, ready to add new booking details. I used a global variable glob_form_name. When the New Booking button is clicked on the Customers form, it sets glob_form_name to "Customers". In my Booking Form, I put On Load procedures in the Customer Details subform and the Booking Details subform. In the Customer Details form , if glob...

Using the onchange event of a picklist to change the label of a fi
I would like to set the Field Lable of a particular field on my form based upon the user's selection of a particular value in a Picklist. Is there any way to use the onchange event to dynamically set the Label of a field on the form? There is no supported way to do this, but if you understand Javascript and DHTML, you can figure out the right section of the form to "update". Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:49:05 -0700, "cdobkins" <cdobkins@discussions.micros...

AfterUpdate Question!
I want to add this to my code , Ony enter date if [DateCheck] (checkbox) is -1 Any help would be great..............Thanks Bob Private Sub tbAdditionCharge_AfterUpdate() If tbDayNo.value = "" Or IsNull(tbDayNo.value) Then tbDayNo.value = Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy") End If End Sub Hi Bob, Me.tbDayNo=IIf(Me.DateCheck And IsNull(tbDayNo), _ Format(Date,"dd/mm/yy"),tbDayNo) Regards Jacob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:%23xApdzD7HHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... | | I want to add this to my code , Ony enter date if [D...

keyboard event handle problem!
hi all.. in my application i did handling to keyboard using preTranslateMsg because my application is dialog based. i called onKeyUp & onKeyDown inside it to get the necessary parameters cause i want to send them over network.. i also used Keybd_event. but when i integrated it in my application that handles the mouse too using ordinary mouse msgs from the class wizard i have problems in controlling the application. i can`t control the mouse move any more. what`s the problem? The question is too confusing to answer. You don't call OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown; the framework calls them for y...

BeforeUpdate or AfterUpdate ?
Hi all, I have an unbound form in which I have (amongst others) two comboboxes with mandatory data. Although I present a combobox, limited to the choices to pick out, people manage not to fill in those data and to jump via the TAB-key to the next field. Of course I’ll have NULL value for this combobox, but how can I force the user to look for the correct row ? In the BeforeUpdate or in the AfterUpdate event ? I have some code like : Private Sub CboAfterUpdate() if isnull(me.Cbo) then Beep Msgbox(“You must choose a value”) Me.cboAfter.setfocus endif end sub But this does not se...

restoring deleted Public Folder Calendar events
Is there a way to restore a deleted event from a Public Folder Calendar? Not easily. You can restore the entire database to a recovery server and then use Outlook to move the appointment to a PST and then to the production folder. You might look into OnTrack Power Controls or Quest Recovery Manager, products that might do what you want a whole lot more easily. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Pearl" <Pearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A523A7D-E9F5-4A1D-A414-4803F65DB8...

Keyboard event bug on 64bit systems
Hi, I have an application that contains the fix described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/187988. It also uses an ActiveX control that contains the fix described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/233263. When this application is installed on a 64bit system and certain dialogs are open, keyboard events are received multiple times. So instead of "1" appearing in an edit box "1111" appears. This problem does not appear when the application is run on a 32bit system. I have created a small contrived example that exhibits the same behavior. Here is how to do it: * C...

How to response to the event of dynamically-created and indefinite-number control
I need to dynamically create controls according to the input of user, and reponse to user's operation on these control. For example, when user input 10, I need to create 10 checkbox and reponse to the click event of these checkbox. As far as I know, if the number of control is definite or determined, I can use ordinary message map to satisfy this requirement. But in my project, the number depends on the input of user, and I can not associate a ID with a event I have tried to reponse to the WM_LBUTTONUP message in pretranslatemessage, but to my disgust, when user press the mouse button insi...

AfterUpdate Problem
I need to flash an "RE-ORDER ALERT" message after inventory level falls below re-order level. The message only flashes up when I move to a next record and back after a DoCmd.Save. I need the message to flash immediate after a Save. Note. The message is a flashing label on the form. Thank you. Perhaps you could code it to actually flash before DoCmd.Save is processed. Once you're into that code string, it will be run. Or, maybe consider a Message Box. I like this idea because it forces the user to interact with the reorder message. No one can say "I didn'...

which event?
Hi friends, I just wanted to know which event is triggered whebn someone deletes or modifies only a single occurance of a recurring appointment. I tried to catch the itemremove and itemchange events but they are not triggered when only one occurence is changed. So could anyone please help in this regard. Thank you... ...

reinstall Exchange Event Service
Hi, I have a problem to reinstall Exchange Event Service. I am using Exchange 5.5. I want to reinstall exchange event service because it causes some errors. I removed the exchange event service using exchange 5.5 setup program and I applied SP4 immediately. It causes the exchange event service is installed (I found it is in the services MMC and still exist after reboot). So I added the exchange event service using exchange 5.5 setup program but I got an error when started the service. An unexpected MAPI error occured. Error returned was [0x80004005] I tried to remove the exchange event serv...

ribbon and event
I have created a custon ribbon with Custon Ui Editor for a .xlam file. It seems work fine. Is it need write something in ThisWorkbook module in Workbook_Open and Workbook_BeforeClose event like a custon bar in excel 2003? Or add something other in file? thx You open the workbook that you want to install it in within the Custom UI editor, and then save it. The ribbon extension gets saved with the workbook, in a file called customUI.xml. Thus it will be available next time. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Ma...

How does this need to be changed to work in a stored procedure for SQL Reporting Services??
=IIF(Fields!Activity_Type.Value="Project","Magenta",IIF(Fields! Activity_Type.Value="Ad Hoc","Blue",IIF(Fields! Activity_Type.Value="Support","Yellow",IIF(Fields! Activity_Type.Value="Admin","Purple","Green")))) I get an error when I drop it in a procedure. I want this to be the "Standard" color combination for all charts that will point to this statement. Thanks, Andy Novak University of North Texas On 12 Nov, 20:45, "andy.no...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote:...

RMS SQL Stored Procedures
I was "poking" around some of the RMS reports and came across a STORED PROCEDURE (ListDailySalesByCashier). Can someone tell me WHERE I can find this stored procedure and what OTHER stored procedures are there? What is a stored Procedure and where did you find it? Sounds very interesting ..... "Luminox" wrote: > I was "poking" around some of the RMS reports and came across a STORED > PROCEDURE (ListDailySalesByCashier). Can someone tell me WHERE I can find > this stored procedure and what OTHER stored procedures are there? Try editing the Daily S...

Event ID 9519
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050203000205000406030504 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Newsgroup, I'm having a bit of a challenge here. I'm trying to assist a colleague with the following issue. They have a *Windows 2000 server* and a *Exchange Server 2000 Standard* setup. Everything is working fine except that the Exchange server server crashed for reasons that they cannot say. Now I went through and did a *eseutil /mh /r /k /g* and then unfortunately a */p*. Doing all of that brough...

Publisher-Calendar-re-occuring events
How do I have an event carry over to a new calendar without copy and paste? Copy and Paste, or use a database and Merge the information. -- ...