Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access

I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and
go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it
compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the application
where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not Defined.
The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked
the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got any
ideas of why this would be happening?

    For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks

My guess is that you've told VBA to insist that all variables be defined in
one database and not in the other. (Look for "Option Explicit" at the top of
the module...)

You need to ensure that you've declared FormField as a variable:

Dim FormField As Word.Bookmark

or

Dim FormField As Object

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Rose B" <RoseB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and
> go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it
> compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the
> application
> where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not
> Defined.
> The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked
> the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got
> any
> ideas of why this would be happening?
>
>    For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks

0
Douglas
11/24/2009 10:30:02 PM
THANKYOU!!!! So obvious and yet I could not see it..............

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> My guess is that you've told VBA to insist that all variables be defined in
> one database and not in the other. (Look for "Option Explicit" at the top of
> the module...)
>
> You need to ensure that you've declared FormField as a variable:
>
> Dim FormField As Word.Bookmark
>
> or
>
> Dim FormField As Object
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "Rose B" <RoseB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and
> > go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it
> > compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the
> > application
> > where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not
> > Defined.
> > The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked
> > the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got
> > any
> > ideas of why this would be happening?
> >
> >    For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks
> >

> .

This is worth a look:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm

HTH,
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

"Rose B" wrote:

> THANKYOU!!!! So obvious and yet I could not see it..............
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
> > My guess is that you've told VBA to insist that all variables be defined in
> > one database and not in the other. (Look for "Option Explicit" at the top of
> > the module...)
> >
> > You need to ensure that you've declared FormField as a variable:
> >
> > Dim FormField As Word.Bookmark
> >
> > or
> >
> > Dim FormField As Object
> >
> > --
> > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> > http://I.Am/DougSteele
> > (no private e-mails, please)
> >

> > "Rose B" <RoseB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and
> > > go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it
> > > compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the
> > > application
> > > where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not
> > > Defined.
> > > The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked
> > > the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got
> > > any
> > > ideas of why this would be happening?
> > >
> > >    For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks
> > >

> > .

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Amount or Numbers in Words
I would like to know if there is any way that I can change numbers/amounts in words form using EXCEL. Eg: $1,498(sum of a few figures) automatically spelled One thousand four hundred and ninety-eight only in another cell. Thanks in adv. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ron wrote: > I would like to know if there is any way that I can change > numbers/amounts in words form using EXCEL. Eg: $1,498(sum of a few > figures) automatically spelled One thousand four hundred and > ninety-eight only in another cell. T...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...

Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class
Hey Friends Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class. vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > > Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided > CRecordset class. > > Yes. The CATALOG sample in MSDN shows how. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] vikrant, Yes... You can use access the system tables directly, especially using a CRecordset object connected to a Database object that is associated with the database in question and this SQL statement: SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ( Flags=0) AND (Typ...

Access 2007
How do you ungroup controls on an Access 2007 form? I can't figure it out. Thanks, Mike In form design view, select the controls that you want to ungroup, click on the "Arrange" tab above, then click on "Remove" (fourth button from the left in the Arrange toolbar) HTH -- _________ Sean Bailey "Mike" wrote: > How do you ungroup controls on an Access 2007 form? I can't figure it out. > > Thanks, > Mike Wow that was right under my nose and I was missing it. Thanks! "Beetle" wrote: > In form design view, select the con...