Access 2000 to 2003, get error 438

Hello,
    We have a Access 2000 program which is running fine on old PC. After we
changed to new PC(Win7 with Office 2003), we can't get it work correctly
anyway. When running the fuction, we always got "error 438: Object doesn't
support this property or method".  We check the references, all are
registered.

The problem code is the first line:

    If [Forms]![aMAPIStsF].Form.MAPISess.NewSession Then
        MsgBox "Session already established"
        Exit Function
    End If

Any advice?
Thank you very much.

Fox

Hi,
it looks like you are using activex control, something about MAPI, you have
to copy it to a new PC and register there using regsvr32.exe, or perhaps
install it, if you have installation package

--
Best regards,
___________

"fox" <fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>    We have a Access 2000 program which is running fine on old PC. After we
> changed to new PC(Win7 with Office 2003), we can't get it work correctly
> anyway. When running the fuction, we always got "error 438: Object doesn't
> support this property or method".  We check the references, all are
> registered.
>
> The problem code is the first line:
>
>    If [Forms]![aMAPIStsF].Form.MAPISess.NewSession Then
>        MsgBox "Session already established"
>        Exit Function
>    End If
>

> Any advice?
> Thank you very much.
>
> Fox

0
Alex
6/3/2010 2:16:55 PM
Thank you for answer.
Do you have any idea which one could be? We try to maintenance this program,
not sure which one we missed.

Fox

"Alex Dybenko" wrote:

> Hi,
> it looks like you are using activex control, something about MAPI, you have
> to copy it to a new PC and register there using regsvr32.exe, or perhaps
> install it, if you have installation package
>
> --
> Best regards,
> ___________
> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> http://accessblog.net
> http://www.PointLtd.com
>

> "fox" <fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >    We have a Access 2000 program which is running fine on old PC. After we
> > changed to new PC(Win7 with Office 2003), we can't get it work correctly
> > anyway. When running the fuction, we always got "error 438: Object doesn't
> > support this property or method".  We check the references, all are
> > registered.
> >
> > The problem code is the first line:
> >
> >    If [Forms]![aMAPIStsF].Form.MAPISess.NewSession Then
> >        MsgBox "Session already established"
> >        Exit Function
> >    End If
> >

> > Any advice?
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > Fox
> >
> .

Hi,
looks like this is a MICROSOFT MAPI CONTROL 6.0, which was installed with
visual studio 6 or visual basic 6, or perhaps Access developer tools

--
Best regards,
___________

> Thank you for answer.
> Do you have any idea which one could be? We try to maintenance this
> program,
> not sure which one we missed.
>
> Fox
>
> "Alex Dybenko" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> it looks like you are using activex control, something about MAPI, you
>> have
>> to copy it to a new PC and register there using regsvr32.exe, or perhaps
>> install it, if you have installation package
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> ___________
>> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
>> http://accessblog.net
>> http://www.PointLtd.com
>>

>> "fox" <fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >    We have a Access 2000 program which is running fine on old PC. After
>> > we
>> > changed to new PC(Win7 with Office 2003), we can't get it work
>> > correctly
>> > anyway. When running the fuction, we always got "error 438: Object
>> > doesn't
>> > support this property or method".  We check the references, all are
>> > registered.
>> >
>> > The problem code is the first line:
>> >
>> >    If [Forms]![aMAPIStsF].Form.MAPISess.NewSession Then
>> >        MsgBox "Session already established"
>> >        Exit Function
>> >    End If
>> >

>> > Any advice?
>> > Thank you very much.
>> >
>> > Fox
>> >
>> .

0
Alex

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Access 2007 and combo box
Has anyone successfully created a form with combo boxes that autocomplete in access 2007?! I'm pretty familiar with access, but cannot get combos to autocomplete in 07. When i first add the combo, it does autocomplete. HOWEVER, once I restart access, the combo autocomplete stops completely. Anyone else having this issue?? I'm using Visa and Access 2007. I've tried using MDB and ACCDB formats with same results. So frustrating....thinking of just going back to Access 2003. John, I'm not aware of this bug. What's the RowSource for the combo? Could you try adding DISTINCT ...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Excel Crash

Getting List of Visible Windows
Hi All, I am working on a problem that requires me to know whether or not any part of a particular window is visible (even if it's like a one pixel corner). In my misunderstanding, I thought that ::IsWindowVisible would cover it, but it looks like that call just verifies that the hWnd actually has a dialog box. I was able to take it a step further and find out whether or not a window is minimized using ::GetWindowPlacement, but I really need to find out if a window is visible or not (in other words, not completely covered by higher z-order windows). Is there some sort of API call that ...

Outlook 2003

Why do I get four postcards to the same person when I mail merge?
I merged my Excel document with my Publisher document just now and did a print preview, but the 4-up view shows that all 4 are heading to the same person. How do I tell Publisher that each "up" is a different address? If you are using 2003, this is a bug. If you are unsure there is a test print on the print dialogue screen. Use plain paper for the test. If you are using 2007, be certain you select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Batmantis275" <Batmantis275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324C9E10-38C9-4DA0-89C...

outlook 2000 help file

Getting Started With Barcodes
Hi, We've just opened our second retail clothing store. This expansion means we're going to have to start using barcodes to keep track of our inventory (inventory is now entered into RMS manually). The issue is we have no idea how to get started. Is there some sort of primer on barcodes and supply-chain management that we could use as a starting point? Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences with barcodes and RMS they'd be willing to share? We'd really like to build this thing properly from the start. TIA Well, first let me ask this question. Does most of your i...

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

ESM error
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have Exchange2k3 SP2 running on a Win2k3 server. Our Exchange Admin is out on medical leave so I am resuming his responsibilities. My problem is I cannot access some of the storage groups using exchange system manager. We have 4 mailbox stores and I get an error trying to access 3 of them. The error is "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager". What is really puzzling is if I click on a storage group a second time, I don't get the error but the storage group shows up as empty. I have thi...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Outlook 2003 Contact data