Access 2000 to 2003, get error 438

Hello,
    We have a Access 2000 program which is running fine on old PC. After we
changed to new PC(Win7 with Office 2003), we can't get it work correctly
anyway. When running the fuction, we always got "error 438: Object doesn't
support this property or method".  We check the references, all are
registered.

The problem code is the first line:

    If [Forms]![aMAPIStsF].Form.MAPISess.NewSession Then
        MsgBox "Session already established"
        Exit Function
    End If

Any advice?
Thank you very much.

Fox

Hi,
it looks like you are using activex control, something about MAPI, you have
to copy it to a new PC and register there using regsvr32.exe, or perhaps
install it, if you have installation package

--
Best regards,
___________

"fox" <fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>    We have a Access 2000 program which is running fine on old PC. After we
> changed to new PC(Win7 with Office 2003), we can't get it work correctly
> anyway. When running the fuction, we always got "error 438: Object doesn't
> support this property or method".  We check the references, all are
> registered.
>
> The problem code is the first line:
>
>    If [Forms]![aMAPIStsF].Form.MAPISess.NewSession Then
>        MsgBox "Session already established"
>        Exit Function
>    End If
>

> Any advice?
> Thank you very much.
>
> Fox

0
Alex
6/3/2010 2:16:55 PM
Thank you for answer.
Do you have any idea which one could be? We try to maintenance this program,
not sure which one we missed.

Fox

"Alex Dybenko" wrote:

> Hi,
> it looks like you are using activex control, something about MAPI, you have
> to copy it to a new PC and register there using regsvr32.exe, or perhaps
> install it, if you have installation package
>
> --
> Best regards,
> ___________
> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> http://accessblog.net
> http://www.PointLtd.com
>

> "fox" <fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >    We have a Access 2000 program which is running fine on old PC. After we
> > changed to new PC(Win7 with Office 2003), we can't get it work correctly
> > anyway. When running the fuction, we always got "error 438: Object doesn't
> > support this property or method".  We check the references, all are
> > registered.
> >
> > The problem code is the first line:
> >
> >    If [Forms]![aMAPIStsF].Form.MAPISess.NewSession Then
> >        MsgBox "Session already established"
> >        Exit Function
> >    End If
> >

> > Any advice?
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > Fox
> >
> .

Hi,
looks like this is a MICROSOFT MAPI CONTROL 6.0, which was installed with
visual studio 6 or visual basic 6, or perhaps Access developer tools

--
Best regards,
___________

> Thank you for answer.
> Do you have any idea which one could be? We try to maintenance this
> program,
> not sure which one we missed.
>
> Fox
>
> "Alex Dybenko" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> it looks like you are using activex control, something about MAPI, you
>> have
>> to copy it to a new PC and register there using regsvr32.exe, or perhaps
>> install it, if you have installation package
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> ___________
>> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
>> http://accessblog.net
>> http://www.PointLtd.com
>>

>> "fox" <fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >    We have a Access 2000 program which is running fine on old PC. After
>> > we
>> > changed to new PC(Win7 with Office 2003), we can't get it work
>> > correctly
>> > anyway. When running the fuction, we always got "error 438: Object
>> > doesn't
>> > support this property or method".  We check the references, all are
>> > registered.
>> >
>> > The problem code is the first line:
>> >
>> >    If [Forms]![aMAPIStsF].Form.MAPISess.NewSession Then
>> >        MsgBox "Session already established"
>> >        Exit Function
>> >    End If
>> >

>> > Any advice?
>> > Thank you very much.
>> >
>> > Fox
>> >
>> .

0
Alex

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Hyper Link in Outlook 2000
We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 as Mail Clients. If I sent an Excel file as hyperlink (Internally)and when the Recipient click on the hyperlink, the excel file opens in Internet Explorer. Is there any configuration that when the recipient click on the link it opens in excel? Thanks in advance Diwakar ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Inserting picture from file in Publisher 2000
I installed a trial Pub 2007 and when it ran its course I uninstalled it and reinstalled Publisher 2000. Since doing this I cannot insert a picture other than clipart, ie. I can't insert a picture from my files or internet. I get a message saying Pub doesn't recognise the format or there was an error loading a graphic converter. Some of the graphics converters may be missing. Run setup again. Well I've tried the 'repair' from setup again but still no joy. Can anybody help? I'm not too good with these problems so can you keep it simple for me? -- Ruth The graph...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Calculation Error in Money 2004 Small Business
When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for example, the result correctly shows as 4150. However, if you go to Invoice and enter 80hours @ $51.875, it shows 4150.40 - Calculation bug? MS Online Assisted support confirmed the problem. They also found that if you enter the numbers in reverse i.e 51.875h @ $80, it correctly shows 4150. So it looks like Money 2004 erroneously rounds off the per hour labor rate to two decimal digits 80*51.88 = 4150.40). >-----Original Message----- >When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for >example, the result corre...

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Access

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

Import Wizard Error
We're trying to import leads from a tradeshow into MSCRM 1.2. I utilize the Import Wizard, find the source .csv, map the fields (and ensure none of them are blank), and press import. I receive the error: "A system error occurred while the data was being imported. The Import Wizard will now close." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kind Regards, Anthony Uliano President/CTO AMC Technology, L.L.C. Anthony.Uliano@amctechnology.com is your crm web server running on a port other than port 80 ? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Anth...

access mail on WEB

mspub 2000
When I create a blank publication ansd then go to tools - options mspun causes an error and has to close, and a log is created by drwatson. I have uninstalled and re- installed the product and also I have installed the latest service packs (sp3) Can any help please it driving me nuts. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dave <wi@eatonbank.cheshire.sch.uk>... > When I create a blank publication ansd then go to tools - > options mspun causes an error and has to close, and a log > is created by drwatson. I have uninstalled and re- > i...

Moving contacts to Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Does anyone know an easy way to move my smtp addresses from CCmail 8.2 address book (about 400 of them) over to contacts in Active directory. I am running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Cheers Crazy cc:Mail's export command with the /DIRECTORY switch can export them in an quasi - ldif format which could be massaged and used with ldifde to import. cc:Mail's Import/Export users guide will help on the export start with 237677 Using LDIFDE to import and export directory objects to Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;...

Error 8007007E when doing Send and Recieve
preface: I have seen a few posts about this already, but none of them have worked for me because (a) my system is locked down by my IT department and adding Outlook Express is not possible, or (b) the suggested fix made no difference My problem is this - I have recently been given Outlook 2003 (finally!) to test out connectivity to our Domino back end. Things did not go well as Outlook would just randomly shut down somewhere in the middle of downloading the data. In an attempt to see if it was Domino, the connector or Outlook, I tried wirind up Outlook to my Yahoo!, Hotmail and AOL email a...

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

Making Errors Bubble Up From Other Apps?
I've got code running behind an Excel command button. The code instantiates a copy of MS Access and then runs routines in the MS Access .MDB. The .MDB has error handling, but it's running out of sight of the Excel user and I can't figure out how to make it pass any errors it has up to my Excel code, so I can handle them there (i.e. format the message and pop an error reporting dialog to the user). Anybody been here? -- PeteCresswell ...

Anyone actually get CRM Mobile working yet?
I've been tasked to try and get CRM Mobile working on our Development network. I've installed the SW, I've followed the prompts. If you know CRM Mobile, the statement "I can even see the ssCERDA site" means something. <big grin> Problem is, I'm using my boss's new PDA/Cell phone combination. When we install, we get errors on almost all components: "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software" After that, it sorta installs, but then when we try to connect we...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

2nd Post: DATEVALUE Error

how to change default comment format in excel (2000)
I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do it each time I enter a comment. Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to change the Font size at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default And she has a macro that can do more: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted superiorparties wrote: > > I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each > individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do >...

Access Database In Great Plains