#name error text box

=DSum("[Amount]","[Billings Database Hard]","[Customer No] = '" & [cbCusNum]
& "' AND [Posting Period Date] = '" & [Me].[cbPostingDate].[Column](0) & "'")

Keeps returning #Name error

PLEASE HELP

You need to format the date field...... try

Format(CDate(Me.cbPostingDate), "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")

You shouldn't need the column as 0 is the default. Probably don't need the
single quotes around  AND [Posting Period Date] = either

"Alan" wrote:

> =DSum("[Amount]","[Billings Database Hard]","[Customer No] = '" & [cbCusNum]
> & "' AND [Posting Period Date] = '" & [Me].[cbPostingDate].[Column](0) & "'")
>
> Keeps returning #Name error
>
> PLEASE HELP

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Combo box or list box
I can't figure out why the linked cell only returns a # value of the selected cell in the range. I just wanted it to return the actual text of the selection. I would think this would be the default, but I know nothing. Please help this is really frustrating. -- famdamly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29382 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500004 Hi! Well, that's how they work! You can use a Match or Lookup formula to...

Outlook 2003/SBS2008 Cached Exchange Mode Error
I just finished installing a new SBS2008 server and for all of my clients that use Outlook 2007 there are no issues. As for the clients still using Outlook 2003 I have issues. 1. When cached exchange mode is checked ON there is no email in the folders. When I try and force a send/receive I get a "Task "Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107) : 'Could not open the item. Try again.' 2. When cached exchange mode is checked OFF I do have email but when I try an still force a send/receive I get the same error. What's going on with Outl...

KB912442 causes error
We have tried to apply KB912442 to Exchange 2000 sp3, but after installing Outlook cannot connect and opening the First Storage Group gives an error 'c1041721, The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Information Store service is unavailable'. The Information store service appears to be running in Services, but there are some events such as 9175 from MSExchangeSA. After removing the update everything works again. What can I do to install this update successfully? I would reapply the patch and try the solutions outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=27453...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

Error 1004
I am getting this error but the error is not arising in any application or object I created so it must be coming from Excel, VBA, or other MS writtern code. Is there any way to find out specifically what the error means? The VBA Error(Err) function is returning this error. Thanks. This is a common error in excel macros that aren't behaving as intended. It's almost a catchall error code for lots and lots of different problems. If this error only occurs when a single workbook is open, then there's a good chance that the error is in the code in that workbook's pro...

Rollback Integration Proccess when error ocurrs
In Integration Manager 8.0, somebody know if in an integration process once you receive an error in the middle of integration we can apply a rollback to all integration or to the last transaction in process, and there are some option to stop the integration process automatically, this thinking in a computer or a server fails I see the BEFORE COMMIT Events but the help file is verry poor. and I don't know wath proccess do it, after or before an error ocurr in the integration procces. Thanking in advance you help Armando Sánchez Monterrey, MX Typically, we use a single ba...

401.1 errors
At first, only users who were members of the Domain Admin group could access the CRM server. After a reboot of workstations and server, now no one can connect. Whenever I attempt to connect to CRM, I am asked for my login information (three time) and then I receive a 401.1 error. I have seen other messages on the boards with similar problems, but none seemed to help. If anyone can give offer guidance, it would be appreciated. Thank you Berk Solved the problem. For some reason the SPN disappeared when the server was rebooted. "Berk" wrote: > At first, only users who...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Strange Error (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I have a Virtual PC configuration set up for CRM demos. I have one image that has CRM 1.2 under Windows 2003 server. It is all configured and setup and running fine. I have another image with Windows XP configured. The two images see each other and communicate. From my Windows XP image I can access CRM both via browser and Outlook Client. However, occassionally I can't access the system via Outlook and when I try it via the browser I get a screen coming up with "Sonic Wall" on it asking for a login and password. If I enter in "Administrator" for the login...

Reported Error (0x8004010F)
My exchange server seems to be running fine, but what I have noticed is that when I perform and send/receive in outlook I get this error. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but has become an annoyance to myself and co workers. I looked in the event viewer on the exchange server and there are no errors being reported, this to me indicates there all is well. If that is to be true, then why is it that I and other receiving the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' Thank you...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Error when opening Outlook: The operation failed.
Hi, I am running Windows XP with SP2 and Norton Anti-virus 2003 fully updated. I am having the following issue with Office Outlook 2003: 1. While Office Outlook is closed, try to send an e-mail, ie. from one of the following locations: A. My Computer by clicking on E-mail This option in the Explorer task pane, or B. From Microsoft Word by clicking File > Send to > e-mail, or C. From a web page by clicking on an e-mail link (mailto:someone@somewhere.com). 2. Office Outlook opens an empty e-mail where you can compose your mail and cclick send. 3. Office Outlook 2003 loads in the backgr...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

how do i remove the blue box from linked objects in Publisher
I've tried to link objects from excel into publisher and it always puts in a blue box around them, I obviously don't want a blue box around my reports. please help. ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Compile error in hidden module sheet 1
I have a button called "Load Job" (a macro) in a worksheet that, when clicked on, launches a windows explorer OPEN box to be able to browse and select a file. Normally, this works fine, with the OPEN box popping up, showing the default file location. However, on 2 occasions now, on 2 different computers running Excel 97 SR-2, I am getting the error "Compile error in hidden module sheet 1" when the Load Job button is clicked. One was with Windows 98, one with Windows 2000 Professional. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Can you get to the author/developer? ...

Error after rollup update 1 in fiscal settings
After the rollup on a dutch language test system the fiscal setting give error: >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Error Details: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. Source File: Not availab...

excel
I am trying to figure our how to create a drop box with multiple values - i.e. january, february, march... Something like a box that says "choose month" in the box and when you hit the arrow it allows you to scroll through the monthly options and choose one. I am currently using Excel 2000. I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL if someone could offer me a prompt response. Thank you Data / Validation / Change 'Any Value' to list and then select the list containing the values you wish to choose from, or instead of selecting a list, type Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May etc (including commas) in...

outlook 2007 rules error
When trying to set up a out of office reply rule, I'm not using exchange server, it gives me an "rules in error" and doesn't sent the reply. It looks like this has been a problem for other people but I haven't found a fix anywhere. Any ideas? Rcampy wrote: > When trying to set up a out of office reply rule, I'm not using exchange > server, it gives me an "rules in error" and doesn't sent the reply. It looks > like this has been a problem for other people but I haven't found a fix > anywhere. Any ideas? You want us to...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...