what's your favorite windows

Hi my favorite is windows vista it's easy to use an it's feel like free to use

Rgds
Dinuka

"dinuka" <dinuka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi my favorite is windows vista it's easy to use an it's feel like free to
> use

I'm sure Microsoft is glad you feel that way.  I like Vista, too, but I hear
Windows 7 is better (though I haven't tried it yet).

However, this newsgroup isn't for general chat, chat about Windows, or even
chat about most Microsoft products.  It is specifically for discussion of
Microsoft Access, the database program that is part of the Office
Professional suite.  So please find a better venue for discussing how you
feel about Windows.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

KB980408 fails to install in Windows 7 x86
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've pasted some text from the WindowsUpdate.log file below. Many thanks in advance. 2010-05-13 06:50:51:855 1120 11fc Report REPORT EVENT: {C48AB1B0-116D-4004-A4FE-DA4C290DBFF3} 2010-05-13 06:50:46:240-0400 1 182 101 {387E57EB-DD48-46A9-A0E7-1523650B7164} 501 80070005 wusa Failure Content Install Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005: Update for Windows (KB980408). Did you upgrade to Win7? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription ...

Turning off: "group by" feature & Favorites Folder
Hi, I recently made the transition from Outlook Express to Outlook. Words cannot express how much I despise the "group by" feature. I'm referring to the behavior of email folders in which emails are folded into a tree-like hierarchy based upon the column used for sorting. Using View|Arrange By|Current View|Customize, I'm able to turn off this feature on a folder-by-folder basis. Because I have literally dozens of folders, with many more to come, I'd prefer not to have to manually configure each folder. Searching google yields recommendations to use the Define V...

looking for control to display dialog similar to VC NET option window
I would like to implement a dialog similar to the VC++ NET options window. The left side of the options windows contains a tree control used to select general category of options that will be viewed/edited. The right side of the options window displays an dialog that allows the user to view/edit specific options. Are there any shareware/commercials controls available that provide this functionality? Thanks in advance. Ian I think I've seen something like that in www.codeproject.com (and for free) ...

Favorite Folders View
Is there any way to remove the text "in Personal Folder" that shows after ther Personal Folder name in the Favorite Folders view. I have a number of personal folders and it's most irritating to see that piece of text after each folder name. Also, I end up having to drag the pane about a third of the way right eating up precious screen estate. This is definitley not an improvement! Thanks! Vidya No. I leave my pane narrow enough to hide the 'in public folders' text... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, On...

Here is fix for Windows file problems
If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, closing, copying files, see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4217-ad2a-4b9fcf741916 ...

Popup Window feature
I have the how to document for creating a popup window in a word document from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA101154401033.aspx I would want to do this in Outlook 2003 where word is the default editor. Not sure how to get to the show/hide button within the new email I've opened. Guidance sought Have you thought about creating your document in Word and then using the mail icon in Word to send it out? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.micros...

Audio file captured in Producer will not open in Windows Media
Made an audio only file in Windows Producer and the file is in the correct folder in My Audios Files. The file appears in Producer as a Windows Media File [.wma}, it has the WM icon and says it is filed appropriately. I saved the Project and gave the Project a different name. I went to Windows Media to open the file to play and Media cannot open the file because it doesn’t recognize the format. If Producer saved the file as a ..wma file why can’t Media open the file? When I tried to open the file in Media, it is not apparent in a My Audios folder when I pick a .wma file type to open; h...

Favorites not displayed in favorites menu
Hi I have a Vista machine that does not display any favourites in the IE favourites menu. However, they are displayed in the favourites folder when using Windows Explorer. This was happening in IE7 and I had hoped that installing IE8 it would correct the problem. No such luck. Any help would be most appreciated Regards Grandad Hi, Is the Favorites folder in its default location at Local Disk(C)\Users\your account name\Favorites ? - Don [MS MVP- IE] "Grandad" <mick@sherwooditsolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23xHxilb7KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP...

Upgrade to Outlook 2007 lost calendar favorites??
ok to make a long story short: we have been using office 2003 pro for a few years now, decided to upgrade to 2007 Pro a few weeks ago. We have multiple departmental calendars created in the public folder of our exchange server. These are added as favorites, and are located under the "other calendars" section in calendars. After the upgrade to 2007, about half of the users cannot see the public folder calendars in their outlook. one was having this problem, and i started clicking around, and they showed up magically? All of the users are configured the same way(i set them all...

Installing GP on Windows 7
Does anybody have any luck installing Dynamics GP 10 SP 4 on a Windows 7 Professional workstation? When doing the installation of Dynamics GP everything installs except the Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 9.0 I have attempted to download the client from here as well http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&displaylang=en For what ever reason it will not install properly. Any assistance on this topic would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin FYI This Workstation is a Dell Vostro 2205 32 bit operating syste...

Each new window i need to login
I am a happy user of OWA. But i am annoyed by 1 thing. Everytime a new window appears i need to login again. Can i change something so that i don't need to login for each new window. I am using OWA thru a https:// url. Lennard Have you checked to make sure permissions are correct on the backend server? Nue "Lennard Bakker" <Lamp-@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:O2MN40SaGHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I am a happy user of OWA. But i am annoyed by 1 thing. > Everytime a new window appears i need to login again. Can i change > something so that i don&#...

Windows 2008 domain admin has no rights
Hi, I had some strange permission problem on another server but in the end I think we determined a probable cause. However, this one has me completely blown. Brand new HP DL 380 G6 server. Installed Windows 2008 64bit on it. Logged in as the local administrator everything seems ok. Add the server to a domain. Log on as domein administrator, so far so good except for the standard stuff like I don't heve the right to access the logo for the HP system management homepage and it is not shown as the green square but as blank piece op paper with the link arrow. Strangely enough...

how to get the display content of a console window in window application
I just try to use ConsoleWindowClass to get the display on the windows2000 console window, but failed. who knows how to get it ...

Windows Scheduler Error
When I run the scheduler, I get this message: "The Task Image is corrupt or has been tampered with. User.Feed.Synchronization-{08D8EE38-23BB-4C70-8FAD-84B0186399CA}" Any suggestions on resolving this? Thanks! ...

Windows resize small and stay stuck when moving from external monitor to laptop only
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have a window open in word on my external monitor, then unplug my laptop, when I open up my laptop again, the word window is shrunk to a 1/4 of the size and it can't be dragged/resized larger. I have to quit and restart word. How can I fix this? Click the little Display icaon at the top of your screen. Adjust the resolution smaller, then adjust it back to where you want it. Then it allows you to drag/resize. Marty Koenig CxO To Go TonyD@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 >Operating System: Mac ...

remove Favorite Folders
Outlook 2003 I deleted all folders under the Favorite Folders, but I want to remove the Favorite Folders pane completely out of the right pane also, leaving All Mail Folders and Navigation Pane only. thank you for your help Not possible. Use the Folder List Navigation or create your own folder list in Shortcuts Navigation instead. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Sono" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c9b801c45318$7...

windows mail on broadband
I am having trouble setting up my 3 email in windows mail on broadband. I f anyone has any help I would appreciate it. My reply email is gbevanlewis@live.com.au Thanks Gary Your ISP or connection method is immaterial as far as mail is concerned. Are all three mail accounts with Live? If so, follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. If you need help with other accounts from a pr...

Windows 7 AD problem
Frustrating issue here: I have a windows server 2003 AD infrastructure. I Windows 7 as my company computers. I have 1 user (user A) that, when logged into the network, loses control of his screen when user B starts typing. I have made sure that IPs are not conflicting. I have created different accounts for both of them but still keep having the same bad luck. It is causing user A to not be able to work because whenever user B is typing an e-mail it literally takes control of user A's screen and starts typing into whatever program he has open. I have never seen nor ...

not a windows installer error
I get this when I try to install Money 2001 with XP? It tries to open up the installer program and fails??? Try running the windows installer installation package directly off the CD to update your windows installer, and then run the installation again. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to a...

ON 2003 Favorite Folders
Suddenly I see Contacts and Calendar in the Favorites Folder. They were not there before. The Remove from ... option is not available for these two. Is it some recent patch or did I made a change without knowing and how do I remove them? Thank you. Pavel it's a corrupt navigation file - delete the *.xml at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook if it doesn't correct itself after a restart. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google ...

Favorites...
I am using Visio 2007, how do you store or organize the stencils you most often use into "favorites"? Thanks, -- saXso On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:39:00 -0800, saxso <saxso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Visio 2007, how do you store or organize the stencils you most >often use into "favorites"? Copy the stencil into 'My Documents\My Shapes' -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

While using word on my computer Windows cannot find my file.
While using word on my computer I have been getting this message. Windows cannot find 'C: /Users/XXXXXX/Desktop/Folder name/Resume.docx' (XXXXXX to protect name). Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. It does work if I open word then open the file from word. Anyone help here. ...

Outlook and Window size reduced
Sending a file via Outlook opens a reduced window... any clue to solve it ? I have OL2000 and IE5.5 in Win2k Thanks Maurizio ...

Windows 7 OS Can not send emails from Windows Live
ERROR MESSAGE AS FOLLOWS: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test' Server: 'mail.messagingengine.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 Any help would be greatly appreciated. "Delusional Dave" <Delusional Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2716ACA1-1D1C-4396-B708-D76395B7ACA3@microsoft.com... > ERROR MESSAGE AS FOLLOWS: > > > The connection to the server has failed. > > Subject 'Test' > Server: 'mail.mes...

owc10 pivotchart save in c# windows forms of vs.net
hi how can i save pivot chart generated using the drag and drop from th fields list from the visual studio.net with c# windows forms. i als need to retrive the chart from the saved details. thanking you delph -- DelphiPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...