view field descriptions in the database documenter

is there a way to view field descriptions in the database documenter?
i need to create a datadictionary that contains this information?
tia,
mcnewsxp

0
mcnews

You need to check the box to display the field properties.
I'm not sure what version of Access you are using but there is an article at
http://www.access.hookom.net/Documenter/ which explains how to create your
own reports from the results of the documenter.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"mcnews" wrote:

> is there a way to view field descriptions in the database documenter?
> i need to create a datadictionary that contains this information?
> tia,
> mcnewsxp
>
> .

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

linking charts to one database
I want the same chart from the same database to be linked to two different worksheets so that any changes made will transfer to both charts. ...

Forms in two differant views

from field with comma
Hello all, I have migrated from exchange 5.5 to 2003 SP1, now that I've configured the new server when I send a message to the Internet, who recieves the e-mail only see the surname of the sender, for example: if I send locally an e-mail the from field shown is "Maci�n, Raul" but if I send one to an Internet address the recipient only see "Maci�n", depending on the interface he is using, sometimes appear "Maci�n;Ra�l" o curiosly with a hotmail address the from field appears correctly as "Maci�n, Raul" If I move the mailbox to the 5.5 server the fro...

View Webpage

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Securing my database!
Am I crazy or could this be Done!! My MS Access Database has a Form Called [frmCompanyInfo] their is say 4 fields That's have to have data CompanyName BankName BankAddress BackAccount BankAccNumber Would it be possible to have a module that would take say the 2 digit or letter turn it into a number times it by say 753 which would have to be entered on that form the data base to be operational, the Module would be password protected to find out what its doing, if the 2 space was blank it would default to a number say 9............Anybody's thoughts would be appreciated.......Just...

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Calendar View?

Pivot table page field problem
I have set up a pivot table with a page field for account name. I'm having a problem where I select an account from the page field drop down box, but when the pivot table updates, some of the time it shows data for a different account. For instance, if I select Supplies, the page field will show Supplies after my choice, but if I double click on a cell in the table itself, the resulting data is for Travel expense. It's not consistently wrong, just sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Perhaps some of the captions were accidentally changed. You...

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

quiry adding another field calculated from the existing fields
if I have a table of transactions on a bank account with two fileds: Field_1 holds the date of the transaction Field_2 holds the amount of the transaction What would be the quiry which would add the third filed Field_3 containing the balance on the account which is calculated as the value from the previous line of Field_3 less Filed_2 from the current line? You've no need to store the balances in a column in the base table, nor should you do so as it introduces redundancy and the risk of inconsistent data. The balances can be computed on the fly in query like so: SELECT Field_1, ...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

Form Automatic Refresh/Stay in Same Field
I have a continous form to display mulitple records. There are multiple users updating information. I need to have the form automaically refresh and then to stay in the same record and field. It is working well except for one thing. When the system automatically refreshes, and the user is an a field an error message occurs that the format is not valid. The field is a short time field with an input mask of 00:00;0;_. If the user is in the middle of entering the time, an error message appears and wants to take the user to the debug area because the input mask was not recognized. Is...

Query for Single Field Value Where Another Field is at it's Max
I have a table called tblCompletedMessages which gets updated information constantly from my department. A new row with the latest information is added every few minutes. I would like to be able to query the value of a field called "PctOfStd" where the time field "TimeCompleted" is at it's maximum for a given date (the date is selected from a calendar control on a form) so that I will have the most recent PctOfStd for the date. I thought this would be pretty easy, but I can't get it to work. Any input would be appreciated. Steve Not sure what contex...

Hiding User Fields in Exchange 2003 Address Books
Hell I have been trying to find a solution for this but as of yet been unsuccessful What I need to be able to do is have a person's personal information (Home phone numbers address etc...) hidden from normal users but have that information available to supervisor users I have thought about simply creating a public folder and importing the information there but that seems a little unnecessary Now from what I have seen so far within the details template I can change what users see but that would effect all users and I would then be unable to give the supervisors the access that they requ...

views?
haven't install any thing lately that i can remember but when i bring outlook up it and go in to e-mail to send one there is no send button or attachment icon any more at all? and when i look under view there is only custom there and no other options? how do i get back my icons and view options? thanks! ...