Setting ID# to 1 & Total on bottom of query result

Hi,
I have 2 separate questions.  First how do I set the ID# to 1 for the
first record.  I copied my whole database including queries and forms
which were 2009 records and changed the titles to 2010.  I did a
"compact and repair" to the 2010 database.  But when I start to enter
records for 2010 the ID# is 2550.  How can I reset the ID# back to
start at 1?

On many of my queries I have the results be for example 28 Caucation,
43 African American, 65 Hispanic, 4 Asian, 2 Native American.  I need
these numbers separate like they are but I would like a total line at
the bottom that totals all the races records.

Thank-you,
Pat
0
cricket7

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:21:38 -0800 (PST), cricket7 <hughesp@waukeganpd.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I have 2 separate questions.  First how do I set the ID# to 1 for the
>first record.  I copied my whole database including queries and forms
>which were 2009 records and changed the titles to 2010.  I did a
>"compact and repair" to the 2010 database.  But when I start to enter
>records for 2010 the ID# is 2550.  How can I reset the ID# back to
>start at 1?

If you're using an Autonumber... well, don't. An Autonumber has one purpose
and one purpose ONLY: to provide a meaningless unique key. They will always
have gaps; they cannot be edited; and you cannot easily control them.
Depending on your version of Access your Compact might or might not work; in
2007 there's a procedure at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812718

>On many of my queries I have the results be for example 28 Caucation,
>43 African American, 65 Hispanic, 4 Asian, 2 Native American.  I need
>these numbers separate like they are but I would like a total line at
>the bottom that totals all the races records.

Don't confuse data STORAGE with data PRESENTATION. Your totals can be
calculated dynamically in a Totals Query, and/or displayed using a Form or
Report with totals calculated in the footer. But your tables should simply
contain data, not totals. Perhaps you could post the structure of your tables.

Note that creating a new database every year is neither necessary nor good
practice! Dates ARE DATA; the date of a record should be data, stored in a
table. If you want to see 2010 data you can base a form on a Query selecting
2010 data. Having the data all in one database makes it much easier to do
historical searching, comparison across years, and so on. You're making a very
common mistake... but it's still a mistake.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Query Exceeds the limit of data for a single record
I have designed a database for tracking results from surveys filled out by participants attending various workshops. I am running into problems with a query that sums, counts, and groups together each question on the survey. The field data type for the question is "text". I have a total of 15 questions on the survey. When I run the query, I receive an error message stating that the form or report is based on a query in which it exceeds the limit of data for a single record. My table field properties are set at 255 characters. Some of my questions may be larger than 255. How mi...

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

Upgrade from Crm 1.2 to Crm 3.0
Hi, I have upgraded Crm1.2 to Crm3.0. When I go to Workplace, Reports the list is empty. Any ideas? Details: SBS 2003 SP1 SQL Server 2000 SP4 When I go to IIS and open DefaultWebSite | Reports | Home.aspx , right-click and browse it prompts for password, (I provide domain admin) then it redirects me to http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx and gives the following error: Could not find part of the path "D:\Crm\ReportServer\reportService.asmx" Thanks in advance, Keener what happens if you go to http://localhost/reports on the crm web server - what do you see? ========...

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

How to set backcolour

Feb 10 live MSFT chat: RMS 1.2 Hardware Configuration
Hi all, This is Michelle, editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site. I want to let you know that this week, on Thursday, Feb. 10, at 11 a.m. PST, we'll be hosting a live chat on RMS 1.2 hardware setup. Here's a description of the chat: Hardware Configuration in Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2 February 10, 2005 11:00 A.M. Pacific Time Have questions about setting up and configuring the hardware your POS system uses? In this live chat, Microsoft Retail Management System developers Balaji Balasubramanian, Josef Schauer, Dan Hanke, and Sylvester La Blanc wi...

Replicating database query with formulas
Well, that's the best way I can describe it. I have worksheet A of data in Excel, c. 1000 rows. Col A has unique identifier for each row. Col B has categories ( 5 different ones). What I want to do in another sheet (B) is essentially replicate what I would do with the Auto filter function, i.e. show just those rows that have 'Sovereigns' in Col B (refering to sovereing bonds), but not use autofilter and also show data in one continuous block. I think I am half way there in terms of thinking it out. In the other worksheet B, you can use COUNTIF to determine the number of occu...

1.2 Information
Anyone have a list of new features and/or updates/fixes for CRM 1.2? -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ $ Nick Maxwell, MCSE 2k, CCNA , A+ $ Systems Engineer $ Heartland Business Systems $ http://www.hbs.net $ nmaxwell@nospam.hbs.net $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Basically the following: 1. Can Install in different languages (but only one per install) 2. Can re-size the columns in the list view (but it doesn't remember the setting) 3. Improved syncronization of the outlook client (now syncs just record changes when you go off line and you can decide whether to sync outlo...

Obtaining the correct results from a two table query
I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and the colour field in table B not containing �Y�. How do I modify the code below to achieve this? SELECT A_Date, A.Received, A.ID, B. Colour FROM A LEFT JOIN B ON DDP_A.Main = B.Main WHERE (((A.Received)= -1) AND ((B.Colour <> �Y�)); jo@jo.uk wrote: >I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is >just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and >the colo...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

interactive buttons, multiple sets

running macro from 1 wks that manipulates another
I have been at this problem for too long...keep not getting the results I need. I have a wks (ie: wks1) that has a commandbutton on it that copies a 2nd wks (ie: wks2) to a 3rd (ie: wks3) so that I can delete some rows not needed for a report and re-sort based on data in 1 column. The copy procedure works fine but when it looks thru the data in column D for the string "series", it does not delete the rows. The secondary procedure to sort works fine. What am I doing wrong? Please Help...thx here is the code for both steps: Sub btnSortBySRC_Click() Dim strMainWks As Str...

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...