report date range

I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history
form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing
so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the
date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in
several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME.
The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text
box with the logic of:

="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & "
and " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![EndDate]

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Kim P

klp

You have [BegtDate] - should this be [BegDate] ?

"klp via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history
> form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing
> so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the
> date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in
> several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME.
> The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text
> box with the logic of:
>
> ="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & "
> and " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![EndDate]
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
> Kim P

> .

Yes is should be BegDate sorry. typo.

RonaldoOneNil wrote:
>You have [BegtDate] - should this be [BegDate] ?
>
>> I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history
>> form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>> Kim P

klp
12/18/2009 3:53:31 PM
Without the typo, that should work in this case.  But another way of doing it
is to pass the value to the report via the OpenArgs mechanism.  This has the
advantage that the calling form need not remain open, which while not
necessary in your case, might be preferred in other situations.  So ignoring
the additional criteria for the sake of this example, the code to open the
report from the form might be along these lines:

Const REPORTNAME = "YourReportName"
Dim strCriteria As String
Dim strArgs As String

strCriteria = "TransactionDate  Between #" & _
    Format(Me.BegDate,"yyyy-mm-dd") & "# And #" & _
    Format(Me.EndDate,"yyyy-mm-dd") & "#"

strArgs = ""Report Date Between: " & Me.BegtDate & _
    " and " & Me.EndDate

DoCmd.OpenReport REPORTNAME, _
    WhereCondition:=strCriteria, _
    OpenArgs:=strArgs

Add a text box to the report with a ControlSource of:

=[OpenArgs]

Note the use of the ISO standard of YYYY-MM-DD for date notation when
defining the date range for the OpenReport method's WhereCondition argument.
This ensures that the dates entered as the parameters are correctly
interpreted regardless of the system regional date format in use.

While on the subject of the OpenArgs mechanism you might find the demo file
at the following link of interest.  It shows how multiple arguments can be
passed, either as a literal value list, or as named arguments:

http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=libraryMessages&tsn=1&tid=24091&webtag=ws-msdevapps

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

klp wrote:
>I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history
>form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing
>so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the
>date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in
>several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME.
>The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text
>box with the logic of:
>
>="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & "
>and " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![EndDate]
>
>Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>Kim P

KenSheridan

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

Automatic dates in activities
An irritating problem (actually more than one) I've found with CRM activities is that the date fields are not automatically filled in with a default value. Related to this is that activity forms can't be customised, nor can views. Is there a way for me to auto fill dates AND list the dates in activity lists so they can (for instance) be sorted by clicking on the column. Cheers, Lindsay ...

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

Thanks for all the help on Year-to-date query!
It's so great to know that there are folks out there that can take the time to help someone whose 78 year old brain is slowly turning to gorgonzola cheese! Again, thanX Mikie Francisco 9 @ ATT N E T ...

Saving Reports

Date format #34
I have a large spreadsheet in Excel. Dates were entered as "August 1, 2001". When I go to sort the list, Excel sorts by month. I selected all of the date cells, format, and it shows all date cells as Date formated. How can I get Excel to sort by date (by 08/01/2001; not alpha by month)? Or, how can I take the August 1, 2001 and convert into 08/01/2001? Thanks for any help. Sounds like your dates were entered as character strings/labels, not true dates. Try entering a formula to calc the difference between a couple of them. If the formula returns #VALUE, they're cer...

help with the syntax for using range name in a formula?
I have --------=3D+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want to replace B7:B19 with =93Myrange=94 but I can=92t seem to get the syntax right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC Hi =AVERAGE(SMALL(Myrange,{1,2,3})) have you created Myrange? have you spelt it correctly? -- Regards Roger Govier "BRC" <brc1051-googrps@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0e09817-22dc-4c36-b60d-67a397067441@h9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want > to replace B7:B19 with �Myra...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Copy range C5:Lastrow and paste to two different worksheets
Good morning I cannot seem to find a solution to this, and hope someone might be able to help me. I have three worksheets: Ratios, Trades, Trades2 I am trying to find a vba method to select the Range C5:(the last row used in columnC) on the Ratios sheet, and copy and paste this range to Cells F11->down on the Trades and Trades2 Sheets. Please could someone provide a suggestion for this. I really do appreciate the help Regards, Paul Darn it, always pleasing when I manage to solve my own problem - but always concerned I may have wasted someones time by posti...

format the "date" button for a header
I need to insert a date in my header but not in the short format currently provided by pressing the "date" button. Is there a forumala etc that I can use that will change the format of this particular date without going through computer settings and chaning the "standard" date option. (much like how you can format a normal cell to show the date in whatever format you require You can use this macro: Public Sub DateInHeader() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets ws.PageSetup.LeftHeader = Format(Date, "dd m...

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Reporting Services has no reports
I cannot see any reports in CRM. We're running SBS 2003 Premium R2 with CRM 3.0 running on this server. The SQL databases and reporting services are installed on a separate 2005 SQL cluster. I've checked that reporting services is running on the cluster. http://<sqlcluster>/reports brings up the SQL Reporting Services and a folder entitled "CompanyName MSCRM" which is empty. How do I determine the physical location of this folder? I've checked in deployment manager on the SBS and CRM Reporting Services is pointing to "http://sqlcluster/reportserver". Is...