Pasting chart on word

I can not copy a chart from excel and paste it in word but I can do the same
with excel tables.

Sorry: this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product
that's part of Office Professional.

You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word, or
one related to Excel.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"imran" <imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can not copy a chart from excel and paste it in word but I can do the
>same
> with excel tables.

0
Douglas

Apply Org Chart Template?
Hello, I have inherited a file containing numerous pages of org charts. The file was not created using the Organization Chart template and, therefore, the org chart menu and features are not available to me when updating these charts. Is there any way to apply the Organization Chart template to the existing file so I can access the org chart menu and features? I am using Visio 2007. Thanks. "Nina" <Nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58419C8-CC22-48E1-AD2A-0D3B5B1206D4@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I have inherited a file containing numerous page...

Word 2003 & Word 2007
I discovered quick picks in 2007. My question is, is there are similar feature in Word 2003? thanks, -- In Word 2003 there is AutoText; Quick Parts / Building Blocks are an extension of the AutoText feature in Word 2007. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "TarynB" <TarynB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E34F2982-1DE3-4838-923B-6DAFA503CB66@microsoft.com... >I discovered quick picks in 2007. My question is, is there are similar > feature in Word 2003? > > thanks, > -- > ...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

How do I set up a chart to only chart values greater than 0
I have a chart in Excell that I would like to only have chart those items with a value of greater than 0 (zero). Not sure if there is a better, easier way than having manually manipulate the data. Let's say the values are in B1:B20 In C1 enter =IF(B1>0,B1,NA()) Now use column C for the chart; the displayed #N/A values will be ignored by the chart engine best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "debra49424" <debra49424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A513E053-4AD9-44FE-952E-E9A60F49...

MS Word 2008's "List Number" Style. 2 ?s
I was modifying this built-in style in Word 2008. Two questions: 1. Since this is a List Paragraph Style is it linked to a List Style? I thought all List Paragraph Styles must have a List Style. 2. If I use this List Paragraph Style for several lists within the same document with intervening paragraphs. Is it easy to get it to restart the numbering at "1"? Thank you. -- Norm Hi Norm: List Number style is an ordinary paragraph style. It is not linked to a List Style unless you do that manually. By default, List Number is associated with a single-level...

Chart Text columns
Is it possible to make a pie chart with text only in Excel columns. Example: column with different city names and then create a chart that compiles the percentage of cells with each of the different city names? Thanks in advance.... @ Hi you have to create a list of the frequency of each 'text' first on your own :-) You could use for example a pivot table to create such a list. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm http://www.tech...

Charts #7
Where would I find templates for business charts? Look for responders here who have web sites such as Jon Peltier and Tushar -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "tami6020" <tami6020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF0A95E-5974-4994-AAF7-2C75F2869D8F@microsoft.com... > Where would I find templates for business charts? ...

ORganization Chart #2
Does anyone know a way to display 1 layer of subordinates on the first page and have the manager and subordinates displayed on subsequent pages - and linked back to the initial page - automatically. i can almost achieve this by choosing each manager in turn and giving them a separate page - but i have about 60 managers to deal with. TIA Ian Hi Ian, I actually do something very similar to this quite often myself. I bring in my org chart data from our exchange server - so I use the Org chart wizard. On the last screen of the wizard - you get a dialog that says: "Specify ho...

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

Locking Word Settings
I would like to lock some settings in Word while I'm in school instead of having to set this up every time I start an assignment. I would like to lock my docs on double space and I would like to keep a particular header. Is there a way to do that? -- DR On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:49:04 -0800, Debrig51 <Debrig51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to lock some settings in Word while I'm in school instead of >having to set this up every time I start an assignment. >I would like to lock my docs on double space and I would like to keep a >p...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Need large gap in chart
I am making a line graph with 2 sets of numbers that are very far apart - one set of numbers is around 7000 to 8000, and the other set is closer to 80,000. Of course, I get one line at the top of the chart that is pretty easy to read, but the line on the bottom that represents the smaller numbers is just TINY and looks pretty much straight. My question is this: is there a way to put a "break" into the graph between the smaller numbered data and the larger ones so they are all easier to read? Like a jagged line showing where the jump occurs or something? Hi, Jon has an exampl...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Trendline equation in chart is wrong
I'm having trouble plugging the equation from the trendline of a chart back into the Worksheet to get calculated interpolated values. In essence, I added a 4th order polynomial regression line to an X-Y chart, and then used the displayed equation in the worksheet, working off the X values to get the Y values for the regression curve. It doesn't work. The calculated values are way, way off (several orders of magnitude). I tried it again, lopping off 977 from the plotted Y values, in case dealing with large numbers was causing problems. Again, no joy. I came across an earlier thread desc...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

help choosing a chart format.
In my last job, we had a waterfall plot that would show time on the X axis, frequency on the y axes and the marker would change color according to magnitude of the signal. is there a good chart that will perform this type of plot? It is kind of like an XY scatter plot with a variable color. see peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fugazi48" <fugazi48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6088FA-C207-4CB2-A103-02CD9549D7E5@microsoft.com... > In my last job, we ...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

how to create organazation chart
how to create organazation chart in powerpoint. I want to know the procedure and steps about it. Look here http://www.ehow.com/how_11856_create-chart-powerpoint.html -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Bishnu Prasad Yadav" <BishnuPrasadYadav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41045958-E9B7-414D-8BDD-5022E7BD7C07@microsoft.com... how to create organazation chart in powerpoint. I want to know the procedure and steps about it. ...

Word slow to open
I have a client running Office 2003 SP3. Word seems to take an inordinate time to open simple documents... a new document with "this is a test" takes 10-15 seconds to open. I can see Winword.exe preloaded in the task manager, it stays even when we close Word. Is there any way to speed this up? She opens and closes many documents in a day. I have read some other posts and have recreated normal.dot, deleted all temp files with CCleaner and even added .doc as an exception to the Symantec Endpoint antivirus scanner... still has made no difference. She is running Windows ...

Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?
Using Excel Office 2003, I'm being asked to create charts from existing worksheets, often several within a workbook, using specific cells (total/average cells). The cells are not adjacent to one another, but they are identical from one worksheet to another. In my case, the cells are K15, K29, K42, W15, W29, and W42. I'd like a separate chart for each worksheet, and would like to have the chart automatically created once the data is in the worksheet. Is this possible? You can select discontiguous data by selecting one area, then holding CTRL while selecting additional areas....

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

how to add a horizontal benchmark value line in a column chart?
I need to create a vertical column chart with a horizontal benchmark line to show where the expected value is. Is this possible in Excel? Hi, You will find examples of adding datum lines to charts here, including links to other site examples. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Mike Chro" <Mike Chro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C17CFDA2-A8D5-46D9-81E9-2CC2C4D54C4E@microsoft.com... >I need to create a vertical column chart with a horizontal benchmark line >to...

Commandbar not getting added to inspector when word is used as editor
Hi, I have written a Com Add-in which adds a new Commandbar to the New Mai window. I am using the NewInspector event to place a Commandbar wit buttons on a new mail Inspector window , I.e. Whenever New Mail messag window is opened. I have created a new commandbar and aded a ne commandbutton on that newly created commandbar. Everything is working fine if i use HTML as mail editor. If i use wor as the default mail editor in outlook, then the commandbar is no getting added and also the buttons. Could someone please suggest me what i should do to add the commandbar to the word mail editor when ...

How to create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? select one of your data series and change axis to secondary. <chart><<chart options><Axis> Select secondary x axis. "JaVaughn" wrote: > PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? Hello, thank you for replying. Which chart type would allow for 2 X-axes. The only chart type that I know that allows for 2 axes is "Line Chart with 2 Y-axes". For the above-mentioned chart, the option to designate a primary and secondary x-axis is display...