how to view 2 tables in design view side by side (access 2007)

I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in
design view. How is this done in access 2007.

Click on the Office Button, at the bottom right click the Access Options,
select Current Database, under Applications Options - Data Window Options
unselect Display Document Tabs and select Overlapping Windows.
You will need to restart Access to take affect.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"celeste" wrote:

> I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in
> design view. How is this done in access 2007.

Access to mail boxes
Hi all We run an exchange 2000 server in an win 2000 exvironment. I've been asked to see if an Administrator has been using his rights to access other peoples mailboxs, does anyone know of a way I can monitor weather an administrator has been or has access to another users mailbox w ...

I can't quite figure out how to solve this... so here goes... I'm making a report template in Word that has several links to an Exce spreadsheet. When finished, I would like to be able to reuse thi combination (ie: make copies of both files) while maintaining th links. However, if I copy the Excel file, it is not linked t anything; if I copy the Word file, it maintains the links the origina Excel. Does anyone know how to solve this?? Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FYI - I tried recording a macro to update the links automatically, bu that d...

multiple business cards on same page with logo and information ch. #2
looking for info on how to make myself some price cards, they are the same size as a business card with logos and information change. How can I have my publisher show me a full page of same business cards(multiple) that I just edit and change price and iten information? Thanks I have spent way to many hours trying to figure this one out. Mail merge the data but the print preview will NOT show you 30 different cards. It will only show one. (Hint: Make sure you print on plain paper before printing on card stock.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fayzer" <fayzer...

Moving Exchange #2
We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on Win NT 4. One of our HD's is failing and since it is an old machine we figured time to get a new one. Our new box will be running Win2K rather in NT. I figured the following migh work: -Order completely new server to be used to replace our current exchange server. -Bring that new server online and move the mailboxes over to the new Server. -Update the users client profiles to point to the new server -Take our current exchange server with the HD issues and rebuild that with all new SCSI drives. -Take that rebuilt server and load Exchange 5.5 a...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

can't open file #2
I created publisher 2000 files on a windows98 SE COMPUTER. I saved the files to disk. Just got a new Vista computer. I installed the publisher 2000 on the new computer. The disk shows the files but publisher says it cannot open them. Any hints? thanks -- joy artisan lampwork beads and jewelry http://wildorchidpotteryandart.com Try copying the saved files from the disk to the hard drive on your new computer and opening them from there. Bruce "wildorchid" wrote: > I created publisher 2000 files on a windows98 SE COMPUTER. I saved the files > to disk. Just got a new Vis...

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

autofilter help #2
when i set my auto filter it stops at blank lines rather than allowing me to select "blanks or non blanks" the data that it filters doesnt pass the blank line so i have dispatched arrived arrived dispatched when i set the auto filter to show "arrived" it still shows the second "dispatched" because it is after the blank line is there some setting causing this Hi Max, If you have only selected the first cell in a column or columns then applied Autofilter it will only select as far as the first blank it comes to. If you want it to select all of your data ...

Bank Transfer " Access to CheckBook denied"
I have quite a strange problem. I have a user who is failing to Transfer funds from one CheckBook to another. Under Bank Transfer Entry Window when the user tries to select a CHECK BOOK ID he receives a message that he does not have access to CheckBook. But the funny thing is that the user has been granted access to the CHECK BOOK under CHECK BOOK Acess. And I checked his status in the Check Book table and its set to 1. I have refreshed security permissions for the user under Advanced Security for forms,reports and smarlist for the Cashbook Model. Any ideas where I should start lookin...

check between 2 dates
Hi Is it possible to have excel check a date range from something like a form? for example: I have various data entries on a sheet, the first column has dates (01/01/04) format. I would like to be able to check something like: 01/01/04 to 05/01/04. Thanks in advance Paul Hi Paul! Try: =IF(AND(A1>=--"2004-01-01",A1<--"2004-05-01"),TRUE) OR: =IF(AND(A1>=DATE(2004,1,1),A1<DATE(2004,5,1)),TRUE) OR: =IF(AND(A1>=E1,A1<E2),TRUE) The third form is usually best as hard coding makes formulas less adaptable. The second form might be better if the DATE argument...

pole display 'disappears' rms 2.0
Pole display is logic controls 9000 * 9900. (running usb) After logging off RMS, the pole displays go blank and no longer appear in device manager or go blank and re-booting will initialize. I have set the power scheme of the register to never for all options. My last change was to disable the screen saver, which has kept the poles up for a day. Anyone else seen this happening, and if so, what was the resolution. Thanks, Jim ...

SharePoint Services for Outlook 2007
Working with a Vista Ultimate machine with Office 2007. I have the "SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1" download. I write to inquire if this would enable my machine to host "workspaces" using this computer as a sharepoint server. If so, configuration documentaton would be helpful. Additionally, how much of a "SharePoint Server" can one expect from this download. Ideally, I would like to post milestones, tasks, alerts from my Project Professional 2007. Yes I do understand that even if this works it would only work while the machine is on and connect...

Outlook Web Access #46
I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". We are using Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. I recently uninstalled Surf Control e-mail filter. I believe this uninstalled or coruppted files that exchange uses. When I go into Exchange Admin MMC, the snap ins for IMAP4, NNTP, POP3, and SMTP do not open. Any one know where the .dll are for these snap ins so I can reinstall them from the exchange server CD? Thanks, Bruce Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Interna...

Excel table is not correctly pasted into PPT and LN
Hi, i would like to haves ome info about this problem: One user cannot paste correctly an excel table (Edit Copy > Paste Special/Image - Paste) from excel 2000 to powerpoint 2000 or lotus notes vs. 4.6 This problem does not exist in word or in onother excel sheet. Coloured cells are right, coloured text is pasted in black. Have you got some ideas to resolve the problem? Thank in advance, Sara (Italy) ...

Access not enforcing referential integrity!!!
Howdy. Using Acc 2007. Have two tables related one-to-many. Ref. integrity being enforced, without any cascading updates or deletes. Data in both tables. Problem: I can add new records to the many-side table, without any value for the foreign key, and the new record is created without error or prompt from Access. I can do this both in the child table directly, and using a form/subform. On the other hand, if I create a new child record and enter a FK value that doesn't exist in the parent table, I get a message saying that a related record in the parent table is require...

How to calculate of % in Pivto table?
HI ALL, Could you please provide the details on how to calculate % throu Pivot Table? I Have an excel-sheet that contains a columns as Priority (High, Low, Medium). Using Pivot table, I added the column Priority in Colunmn Area and Data area. It is showing as numbers. I wanted to have a separate column that shows the % of a grand-total (as a separate column). How to do it? Thanks, ManInRed I don't know that you can display it as a separate *column*, but it can be displayed as a separate *row*... Drag the Priority field from the Pivot Table toolbar to the Data Area for a sec...

WHERE CAN YOU BUY MONEY 2007?
I have not seen any ads for Money 2007 yet. I know you can download from Microsoft directly OR buy it via Amazon.com, but is there any brick & mortar physical store that is CURRENTLY selling it in the northeast? In the past couple of years COSTCO has had it available at the same time it was introduced, but it appears that THIS year Microsoft's marketing plan is to offer it first via the internet and online stores and then open it to stores like Best Buy, Staples, Cuircut City, etc. What are your experiences in your area? Thanks. Steve Didn't find it at Sam's Club last evening...

View Webpage

Investments #2
I am evaluating Money 2004 and was wondering if there was a way to track my gold and silver bullion acquisions and auto update pricing like you can for stocks In microsoft.public.money, DKAllen wrote: >I am evaluating Money 2004 and was wondering if there was >a way to track my gold and silver bullion acquisions and >auto update pricing like you can for stocks No. ...

Installing Outlook beta 2
I have a PC with Office 97 and Office 2000 installed. I only really use the MS Access elements of each Office version but they must stay on there. If I install the Office 2003 beta, can I keep these earlier versions of MS Access on there? I seem to recall that the beta CD doesn't make it so easy to keep earlier Office versions on there. I am only looking to have Outlook 2003 from the Office 2003 beta. That is all my need. Regards, Jon There's no Office 2003 beta that I know of - it's Outlook only. Jon wrote: > I have a PC with Office 97 and Office 2000 installed. I only r...

Prevent automatic indenting on paste
In 2007 only, if you paste 10 lines of text from Notepad into a new message, the first 9 are indented. (I use HTML format, BTW) Is there a way to prevent any and all indenting in Outlook, or at least on Pastes? I've lost a significant amount of time (Congratulations, Office design team) fighting this and attempting to chase this down. I diligently Googled and did the perfunctory waste of time trying Help. But maybe my Google term choices need improvement. If anyone solves this using Google, please share the magic terms. (One example that I tried was {outlook 2007 indent prevent} which wa...

2 personal folder listings and duplicates
Hi. When I have Outlook open at home, when I have the Mail selected, it shows Favorite Folders and All Mail Folders. Under All Mail folders it shows two seperate Personal Folders and the contents appear the same. When I view my Contacts, it shows things twice: Contacts Contacts in Personal Folders FriendEmail FriendEmail in Personal Folders ToDo ToDo in Personal Folders etc..... How can I get rid of the other Personal Folders entry and the duplicate entries in my contacts? Thanks. Bryce. ...