How to make staff sales report and stock report

Dear All

First table with names. second table with store items.

I read the northwind for preparing invoices which does not fit my requirement.

Pls give me links for me to read up on how to prepare report on persons who
have made purchases by linking these two tables.

Pls give any links where I can read on how to go about to prepare a report
on persons who made purchases; report of stores opening stock, quantity sold
and stock balance etc.
Edit/Delete Message

On Wed, 19 May 2010 10:09:01 -0700, CAPTGNVR
<CAPTGNVR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear All
>
>First table with names. second table with store items.
>
>I read the northwind for preparing invoices which does not fit my requirement.
>
>Pls give me links for me to read up on how to prepare report on persons who
>have made purchases by linking these two tables.

You need at least one more table - to record purchases.

You cannot put a link to the Items table in the people table, because a person
may purchase more than one item. Similarly, you cannot put a field for People
in the Items table, because many people may purchase a given item.

Therefore you need a third table, with a PersonID (a link to the primary key
of the table of people), an ItemID (link to the table of items), and doubtless
other fields - date purchased, quantity purchased, price paid, etc.

You may need yet more tables. The Northwind sample database has tables for
Customers, Products, Orders, and OrderDetails, since a given purchasing event
may involve multiple products.

>Pls give any links where I can read on how to go about to prepare a report
>on persons who made purchases; report of stores opening stock, quantity sold
>and stock balance etc.
>Edit/Delete Message

Here are some resources that may help. Check out the tutorials and Crystal's
video:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Print reports offline ?
A customer is missing the print button in reports when going offline, any ideas how to fix this ? /Jack Hi Jack, The ability to view SSRS reports offline in CRM is handled by "Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005" (essentially a "lite" ssrs viewer) - this is installed when you setup the Offline client. As far as I understand, this application does not include a print rendering engine. No idea why - this seems like a bit of a gap to me ... The best way to handle this? Get the users to export the report to PDF and print it from the PDF viewer if they nee...

Make Default

disabled contacts & reports
Hi folks, I'm looking for confirmation that disabled contacts do not appear in CRM reports pertaining to contacts. Thanks, Tim D ...

Inventory Reports Sales Summary
Hello, I setup a new company and sold some items. The SOP line items are in the SOP30300 table. When I go to Inventory>Reports Sales Summary and view all items nothing shows. Shouldn't this report show the sales summary of the items as the title suggests? Thanks JPP ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Problem with Money 2003 report
I am trying to make a report with Money 2003, I hae used this program for some time. I used Money 2002 prior to this. Up till now I have been ale to make a report by going to "Reports", "What I Have", "Account Balance History". Now I am getting a error message "There Has Been an Error Reading or Writing the File '.'" and a small window apperars "MSMONEY, with a yellow triangle and a !" When clicking the OK box or the Close X, nothing happens. I have to use the Windows Task Manager to close it out. Can someone help. I need to ma...

How to display project date on report
Hi-- I have a project that spans two days and I'm printing each day on its own page. I want to be able to display the actual day that the tasks occur on each page. I can't seem to find an appropriate field in the drop down box in the print options. Is it possible to do this? Many thanks. If you're printing a Gantt chart, zoom in to day by day. Under Tools, Options and the View tab, select a date format that includes the day of the week. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http:/...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Streamlined Sales Tax
Anyone been thinking how we will deal with this when implemented? I can't imagine collected 50 different sales tax rates....much less the tax return at the end of the year. <sigh> http://www.streamlinedsalestax.org/ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_033B_01C6B6FE.F924E150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mickie, The ultimate plan is to send/create a report for each state and divvy it = up. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some o...

Reports and 9.0 sp3
I installed 9.0 SP3 and 2007 year-end tax update last week and my users are reporting some differences in some payroll reports. Here is one... Precheck Report Transactions->Payroll->Calculate Checks There is more detail (and a larger number of pages) showing on the "Calculate Checks Report" (aka "Precheck Report"). Instead of a two-line summary of REGPAY and OT, there is a multi-line detail showing what looks like each day's totals. Did the "9.0 SP3 and 2007 year-end tax update" modify the precheck report in any way and is there a way to go back ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Unable to re open a sales opportunity
Hi, I have a problem where an opportunity has been closed incorrectly as lost and I need to re-open it. when I do this I get a message saying "Unable to manually set the sales stage to complete". It then just goes back to the closed status. Any idea's please? thanks Mark you can do that using SQL oppertunityBase and goto the oppertunity with GUID , set value 1 to 0. It will work -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "MarkInnes" wrote: > Hi, &...

Paycheck showing up on budget report
When allocating a paycheck to verious pre-tax, post-tax, etc. categories my net deposit does not show up on the monthly budget report. I have checked and the category is correct but does not show on the budget report. It does however show on the monthly income/expense report. Why and how do I correct this? In general, you don't--if you really want to track the gross paycheck--which there are many reasons to do. That's because there is nothing assigned to the "net" category since the net is just what you assigned to "gross" less all of the other things you...

Help with sales report, 0 quantity
Hello. I am trying to print out reports for quantities sold that also show me 0 quantity. I have added all the item numbers that I am interested in and it works great for ordering, but I need to be able to see which ones didnt sell during the period I set. The equals to 0 or less than 1 options dont work. Is there a trick? Thanks, Orlando ...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

Trying to sort data into multiple columns on the report.
Access 2007 I have 1 data column that I want to get on a report, but I want it to break into two/three columns like so and have some space inbetween the columns: 1 7 13 2 8 14 3 9 15 4 10 16 5 11 17 6 12 18 The reason is this is a single checklist for people to fill out and multiple pages is unacceptable. The list will be printed. Thank You. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201003/1 Hoardling1 via Ac...