editing a report

how can i chnge the text in a report that is pullingh out side data without
exporting the report it self into word?  or can that not be done..

the report is 160 pages long and i just need to cahnge 4-5 pages just a
small change of words.

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:48:07 -0800, Meca Lee
<MecaLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>how can i chnge the text in a report that is pullingh out side data without
>exporting the report it self into word?  or can that not be done..
>
>the report is 160 pages long and i just need to cahnge 4-5 pages just a
>small change of words.

Is this a Report in a Microsoft Access database? Where is the "outside data"
coming from?

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Crystal Reports with MSCRM
If we want to create and/or modify a crystal for a MSCRM system that was purchased, does Crystal Reports Writer need to be purchased separately or is it included in the MSCRM licensing? Thanks, Ademar Reports writer is not included, and would have to be purchased to create custom reports. On 7/7/03 7:07 PM, in article ODZ7tyNRDHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, "Ademar" <Ademar@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote: > If we want to create and/or modify a crystal for a MSCRM system that was > purchased, does Crystal Reports Writer need to be purchased separately or is > it inc...

Report for expenses versus budget
The budget report includes transfer amounts that have nothing to do with income or expenses. The customize button does not allow me to remove these line items. How do I get rid of them? Thank you. They're transfers to accounts flagged as non-budget accounts. The only way to get the transfers off the budget is to flag those accounts as budget accounts, but then all the expenses and income of those accounts are considered in the budget. That may be okay, it may not. Depends on how you're using those accounts. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Mario Rodriguez" <ynotmrr...

Problem with Z Report
Having intermittent problems with my X and Z reports wherein the Over/Short amount at the top does not match the tender over/short amounts at the bottom. ...

editting auto recovery

Hide/Limit Records in a Report
Hi, I have a subreport that contain upto 63 records. However I can only fit 32 lines on a singe page and then the remainder goes onto the next page. I want the report to stay on a singe side, therefore I want to limit one report to 32 records and then display the remaining records on another report. I have created a count field within the report, however how do I prevent one report showing records after number 32 and the other only showing records after 32. Any help would be grately appreciated. Tahnks Create 2 queries to feed the 2 reports. In query design view, open the properties b...

BOM & Edit List

Missing Entries on Budget Reports on 2004
My main objective in using MS Money is to track spending vs. budget. Have complete budget created and but monthly budget report leaves budget column blank for several entries, therefore overspent.. What is up with this??? ...

security report is wrong
Hi everybody - I have enabled activity tracking - when a user goes to admistration/company - and views company information [no changes are made just viewed] the activity report shows that the company master file was modified. How can this be correct? On Jul 15, 7:25=A0am, Mich...@nyresume.com <Michaelnyresume...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi everybody - > > I have enabled activity tracking - when a user goes to admistration/compa= ny > - and views company information [no changes are made just viewed] the > activity report shows that the company master file w...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Chart OUTLOOK item reports via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel and then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Coppying Reports
Is it possible to copy the format of a report and use it for other queries that have the same information? Basically, I have reports for three managers that have teams under them. I have a query for each manager. I have created a report for one of the managers. Is there a way to do the same report for the other queries without doing it step-by-step? -- Drock-13 Hi It seems a lot of work to make new reports that are the same as each other. You could have a combo box (or option group - there are only a few managers) and use this to set the criteria of a column in the query. Something ...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

FRx Reports
I have come up blank this morning!! I am designing an comparative FRx report for ratios, with the columns being 12 month rolling calculation. I can get current and year to date, but rolling calculation is escaping me this morning. Thanks for everyone's help!! Joan Joan, you need to set your period code in each of your columns to be either BASE+# or BASE-# (where # = number of periods before or after your base period, depending on the design of your report). This will provide you with the rolling results you're looking for. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www...

Reports Error CRM 1.2
Hi, i am facing a problem with how the reports on MS CRM 1.2... the issue is that half the chart is displayed (it is not resizing to match the full screen display) Thanks in advance Is this a custom report or a canned one? Are you having this problem when viewing the report online, or when printing the report? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Emile Seferian" wrote: > Hi, > > i am facing a problem with how the reports on MS CRM 1.2... the issue is > that half the chart is displayed (it is not resizing to match the full > screen display) > ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

A report to show credit invoices vs. reversed (cancelled) invoices
Hi there. Here is my problem. 1-credit invoices issued to client I generate invoices (debits and sometimes credits)to bill our customers in eSM and post them in GP/Dynamics. When the "take the credit", on a payment check they will list the debit and the credits paid on that cash receipt. When I enter the payment in GP, I start with the credit invoices and I apply them to the debit invoices on that receipt. 2-Sometimes, after generating a live invoice, I have to reverse/cancel it (a mistake in amount, we decided not bill at that time; that invoice will not be sent...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...