Calibration database

Hi all,

I'm new at Access and I am trying to figure out how to create a database to
keep track of tools in my shop (machine shop) and also to remind me whenever
individual tools are due for recalibration.

Does anyone have any information that can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:23:01 -0800, Jim Jenkins <Jim
Jenkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm new at Access and I am trying to figure out how to create a database to
>keep track of tools in my shop (machine shop) and also to remind me whenever
>individual tools are due for recalibration.
>
>Does anyone have any information that can help me?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jim

Here are some general resources and tutorials to help you get started. I don't
expect anyone will have a machine-shop tool calibration database just sitting
around, you'll need to build your own - but Access can certainly handle this
task. Post back with any *specific* questions you may have.

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

As John told you plus here's an idea work towards to get started.

Make a "Tools"   table  include the following fields: (shorten all of my
long explanatory names)

ToolNumber    Type: Autonumber Primary key
NextCalibrationDueDate   Type: Date/Time
Fields for general tool attributes per your desire like ToolName"
"ToolDescription" "Notes"  "DateBought"  "ToolPurchasePrice"
"StorageLocation"  "AssetNumber" "CalibrationInterval"   Etc.

Using the Form wizard, make a columnar style form named
"ViewWithFullPageForEachTool" and put all of the fields from your tool table
into it.

Using the query wizard, make a query named "TabularViewOfTools"  nd put all
of the fields from your tool table into it.

Using the Query Wizard, make a query named
"ToolsWithPendingOrOverDueCalibration

And put    "<  Date()+5"  (no quote marks) in the "criteria"  row in the
"NextCalibrationDueDate" column.

Jim Jenkins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new at Access and I am trying to figure out how to create a database to
> keep track of tools in my shop (machine shop) and also to remind me whenever
> individual tools are due for recalibration.
>
> Does anyone have any information that can help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jim

Not sure how many tools and what kind of reminders you need but Access
MAY be more than you need. If the number of tools is relatively small
(20-50) Excel might be usable and it's a whole lot simpler.

I'm not saying Access can't do it, it just might be overkill. Like using
a sledge hammer to drive a nail.

gls858
0
gls858
12/1/2009 8:27:03 PM
I built a tool inventory database last year, and now has almost 4000
records of about 10/12 different types of tools. I used a last test date
field and next test date fields to flag up when tools needed testing or
calibrating.

Jim Jenkins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new at Access and I am trying to figure out how to create a database to
> keep track of tools in my shop (machine shop) and also to remind me whenever
> individual tools are due for recalibration.
>
> Does anyone have any information that can help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jim
0
Bob

Database Compression
Hi, With Database compression available in SQL2008 and onwards has anyone tested situations where a compressed database is getting data from an uncompressed database in the same instance or vice-versa? We have a number of application databases that talk directly to a sort of respository database. I would like to know if the repository database has compression on is it a good idea to also compress all the databases that use it that are on the same server? Thanks Chris On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:08:15 -0600, "Chris Wood" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote: ...

How do I link one database inside another?
I am wanting to be able to click on a button in one database and open another database. Thanks. Why? As in "why open a separate database?" Would it be sufficient to have the tables from both databases linked into a common front-end file? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "julrankay" <julrankay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6DEF9FE-C983-4503-BCD8-75FF0354A533@microsoft.com... > I am wanting to be able to click on a button in one database and open > another database. Thanks. > if you used Access Data Projects then...

Using Excel for MySQL database import
Hello All & Happy new Year! Intro: I have a rather sneaky little problem on my hands where I have member data that I've already exported successfully as a .csv from my contact database in Excel & formated it to import into MySQL using phpMyadmin. The problem is I don't know Excel that well & I've only figured out a very labor intensive way to surround values with quotation marks & parentheses. Here's the steps I took so far: 1) Save that file as a csv, and open it in Excel. 2) Import my other data into Excel and cut and paste data into the appropriate colu...

Entourage X database retrieval HELP!
Hi, I've read other postings of this issue, but no resolution, nor a final answer for what is/is not possible when it comes to data retrieval. My Entourage X crashed and will not allow a rebuild (no space on disk) because 3.92 GB of memory were used out of 4 GB. I had received notice of this in the few days leading up to it and promptly deleted large attached files and other large files. When I continued to get the message, I tried the basic rebuild and it failed because of no available space. I cannot open my Entourage as it insists that I rebuild and crashes. How can I r...

is this a sign of database corruption
i am running exchagne 2003 sp1 on windows 2003, I am starting see erros in the application log that say "An inconsistency was detected in dmcmaster@nwpsc.com: /Calendar/Monthly Operations Review.EML. The calendar is being repaired. If other errors occur with this calendar, please view the calendar using Microsoft Outlook Web Access. If a problem persists, please recreate the calendar or the containing mailbox". I am not running any file level AV on the machine. What could be causing this? Many thanks for any advice on this On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:42:27 -0700, "skip&...

Money database schema?
Has anyone taken a stab at reverse engineering a database schema for Money? The closest I've found in the newsgroups is DW's post here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/efb64e1293cab648/b52cec699d388b7d Dick, if you're out there, is there any chance you'd be willing to share your work? It depends on what you have in mind and what you are expecting that I've done vs. what I haven't done. What I've done was sort of a proof of concept effort just to understand the magnitude of the task and the nature of the database. Th...

Data Migration from CRM 1.2 database to CDF database
Hello After talking to Microsoft It was best to reinstall CRM 1.2 and do a data migration. I have reinstalled CRM 1.2 and have used the datamigration Framework to create the CDF database. All the CDF now needs is the data to be imported. 1) Is there a tool or something that I can use to import the old 1.2 data into the CDF 2)When I try using the DTS it cannot convert between datatypes. Does the CDF have to have exactly the datatype that it was created with or can I change the datatype to suit the old 1.2 data? Thanks Just and update on the situation In the CDF database the pri...

Shared database
Is it possible to share an Excel Spreadsheet with multiple users?! Tools|Share workbook But there are lots of things that can't be done with shared workbooks. Take a look at "features that are unavailable in shared workbooks" in excel's help. Diana Trinh wrote: > > Is it possible to share an Excel Spreadsheet with multiple users?! -- Dave Peterson ...

Help! I did something to my database.
I was creating a subform within a form. While playing with this I hit some button. When I look @ the form in Datasheet view it looks like a table instead of a Form, but if I look @ it in Design view it looks like the form I created. Not sure what I did but something happen when I was playing with inserting it as a subform. Do anyone know what I could have changed to get this view? Help Please! In design view, set the Default View property of the form to single form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Re...

Duplicate databases being saved
Good afternoon, We have a database that about 8 users access on a regular basis. Somehow, we are getting the BE database to replicate - about 30 times since May 07 - named as: db1, db2, db3... db30 We do have users access via VPN. Each user has FE loaded on individual computers linked to BE db on server. The FE compacts on closing, Record Locks are off, Using Access 2000. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Tina Hudson Turn off Compact on Close on both the FE and BE databases. That's probably what's causing the duplicate database files. As an Access database file ...

Include a hyperlink in an email generated by an access database?
I use MS Access 2000 and would like to know if it is possible to include a link to a database on our server in an email from that database. For example: Report A is generated as a view and the send e-mail window comes up because the repot is going to automatically go out as an RTF document. Is there a way to have a hyperlink to the database included? Thanks, ...

Upgrading CDF Database's from 1.0 to 1.2
Hey All, I need to know how to upgrade the CDF database's in the Microsoft CRM from Ver 1.0 to Ver 1.2 in order to use the Data Migration Tool. Microsoft Provided a link with the Data Migration tool, but that link is not longer functioning. If anyone has information regarding this, please let me know. Rgds Jefferson As far as I know, there is no "upgrade" for the CDF. v1.2 comes with a new version of the DMF that will install the correct version of the CDF for you. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jefferson" <originaljeffie@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

How do I setup a searchable database in excel
I am trying to setup a searchable database using excel. The data is pretty massive (e.g. 250 columns and 300 rows). I have seen this done before. The idea is to have an interface with either a drop-down menu or checklists to call all of the data that match the desired criteria. The best illustration that I can think of is an interface like the advanced interface of ebay (but without the free text box). You can check-off a variety of criteria and then it calls all of the data that match that criteria. I have played with the auto-filter button, but even with custom filters, this...

How to link the network database?
Hello all: I want to program a code about database using vc,I want to put the database in the server and the application is put in the local PC.I know if I want to link the database in the server from local PC with ODBC, I must set the database to be shared in.I think it may be insecurities. who could tell how to do?thank you very much. ...

moving GP without "installing" the SQL databases
Hello: In all of the years that I have conducted moves of GP and its SQL DYNAMICS and company databases from one SQL server to another, I have always created the DYNAMICS and company databases from scratch on the new server using GP Utilities. Then, I have restored SQL backups into these new databases. I have hesitated to try it, but I do understand that the KnowledgeBase article does say that you can restore the backups before installing GP. I suppose that doing so would, indeed, save a ton of time--especially, if there are numerous companies. Is it OK to restore the databases from...

database query not showing foxpro database How I import data
I have install office 2003 I used to access data from a foxpro programm in excel 2000 ealier, but since I have install ms office 2003, excel databases shwoing only debase file , excel file MS Acess database. Its not display Fox-Pro Database to acess I downloaded fox-pro driver and intall fox-pro on my computer but Foxpro database does not show in databases filed. kindly advice what to do? if any special driver rquire please send too "mangat" <mangat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD4B949-881F-4407-9B79-23B5BCF318C6@microsoft.com... > I down...

Locked out of my database
Is there a safe key to open an Access 2000 DB without running code in the start up form? Try holding down the Shift key while opening the database. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Pastor Del" <PastorDel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E5F1FCB-60C6-4AE5-B8F0-81F90BDC8ACB@microsoft.com... > Is there a safe key to open an Access 2000 DB without running code in the > start up form? Hold down the Shift key while you open the file (not a shortcut). This will bypass the startup opt...

.bat file to calibrate barcode blaster advantage printer
Is it possible to create a .bat file that would run the calibrate command for barcode blaster printer? Need to use gap labels then switch to bar labels. I have the calibration commands if needed. ...

Corrupt Database??
I am getting the following errors every night. Source: ESE Event ID: 217 Information Store (10452) First Storage Group: Error (-1018) during backup of a database (file D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb). The database will be unable to restore. Source: ESE Event ID: 474 Information Store (10452) First Storage Group: The database page read from the file "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb" at offset 8376082432 (0x00000001f340e000) (database page 2044941 (0x1F340D)) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The ...

Display image from sql database
I have an asp.net page that has an image control (named ImgSignature) inside a Panel. When the panel is visible, I want to get the image from the database varbinary(MAX) column and insert it into the asp Image control. I have the following code but is not working. Can someone help? Thanks. Using conData As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(DBClass.GetCoreConnectionString) intPeopleLinkID = Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString("plid")) Const SQL As String = "SELECT [MIMEType], [SignatureImage] FROM [ClientS...

Access 2007 databases
Is there a ODBC driver that I can install that will allow Access 2003 to understand Access 2007 (*.accdb) data files? If so, can someone point me to it? I checked around the Access 2003 site and didn't see anything obvious. Hi, Larry. > Is there a ODBC driver that I can install that will allow Access 2003 to > understand Access 2007 (*.accdb) data files? I haven't tried it yet, but if history is any guide, you won't be able to link to the ACCDB tables from Access 2003 with an ODBC driver. However, you should be able to use VBA code to create a Recordset object tha...

3rd party databases
Hello everyone, am a newbie (3 weeks) to CRM, consulting for a company using CRM1.2, about existing and new Crystal Reports. My question concerns the Axonom "Power Trak" database used by the CRM add on from Axonom. It is on the same SQL server that the CRM database is on. Is it possible to create new reports using data from this database and data from the CRM database through the CRM connection? (I hope not!) If not, what would be the recommended/best/cheapest/easiest way to view reports that use a 3rd party database? Or reports using ole-db and stored procedures? I have ...

MOSS 2007 & Databases!
Greetings, We have recently upgraded our SQL server we use for MOSS. I have successfully moved all content databases from one SQL server to another. Now I need to move all "admin" type databases as well: 1) AdminContent 2) Config 3) Search 4) SharedServices Can I do this without a call to Microsoft? I looked for documentation, but some of the comments do not flatter the content. Is there an official "This is how we do it?" Thank you, Gregory Hi Greg, The most important databases that needs to be migrated are the content databases and my site...

Migrating a database version 9 into a functional GP version 10
I have a fully functional Great Plains version 10 with latest SP (todate). We need to import a DB from a version 9 into our versio 10 environment. We created the company with the same eact DB name in v10 utilities and fully restored it via SQL (v2000). Version 10 when running it, it can open the company (DB imported) but nothing is displayed. Whats the proper way to migrate a DB v9 into a version 10? Rico, If you want to have two databases, you will need to restore your 9.0 database and run utilities for upgrade, otherwise you might need to extract the needed data from your database ...

Can you merge 2 databases into 1 database?
Is it possible since I am working on a database that is not on a network to have two of the same databases and merge them in to one database that way if more than one person works on the database at different times they can then be merged together so that no information is lost Lookup "Replication" in Access Help. -- HTH, George "thereal001" <thereal001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2071F00F-672D-441A-8165-78BACD55B5FA@microsoft.com... > Is it possible since I am working on a database that is not on a network > to > have two of t...