"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo

I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my
Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails
recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your
recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304.

I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try
the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email
recipient.

Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo?

Our school would benefit greatly from this feature and it is the primary
reason we purchased the 2007 upgrade. Do you have any ideas?

AFAIK, it only works with Outlook.

p. 304 in what book?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"darren" <darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to
>my
> Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails
> recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your
> recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p.
> 304.
>
> I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I
> try
> the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based
> email
> recipient.
>
> Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and
> Yahoo?
>
> Our school would benefit greatly from this feature and it is the primary
> reason we purchased the 2007 upgrade. Do you have any ideas?

0
Douglas
1/4/2010 10:38:57 PM
See the Caution we list on the bottom of page 325:

"If you're using an HTTP-based e-mail system such as MSN or Hotmail, your new messages arrive in the
Inbox for your e-mail account, not the primary Inbox in Outlook. You'll have to move the messages to
your Outlook Inbox and process them manually by opening each message and clicking the Export To
Access button on the message Ribbon."

Source: Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out

Does the table still not update if you follow those steps?

--
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
SDET II - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation

Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentials
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html
Access 2007 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
----------

"darren" wrote in message:

> I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my
> Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails
> recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your
> recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304.
>
> I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try
> the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email
> recipient.
>
> Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo?
>
> Our school would benefit greatly from this feature and it is the primary
> reason we purchased the 2007 upgrade. Do you have any ideas?

0
Jeff
1/5/2010 2:10:18 AM
Thanks for the response, I was beginning to lose hope on this issue. Can you
give me the link to the newsgroup, I have used so many?

I understand your suggestion as I am familiar with manually processing
replies using the Export to Access button and I am able to get the Yahoo and
Hotmail replies in the Access Data Collection Replies folder, however I get
an error when the recipient is not using Outlook when I try to update. I can
actually "see" the completed form with the data from the recipient, (it looks
identical to replies from Outlook) however it won't automatically update or
manually update.

I have examined the HTML code of the recipient email from Outlook and
compared it with the HTML code from Yahoo and Hotmail recipients and noticed
small differences. I have also posted this issue in Outlook 2007 forums with
no useful feedback. I have tried it on a school network computer and also my
own laptop (without network complications) with the same results.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> AFAIK, it only works with Outlook.
>
> p. 304 in what book?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "darren" <darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to
> >my
> > Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails
> > recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your
> > recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p.
> > 304.
> >
> > I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I
> > try
> > the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based
> > email
> > recipient.
> >
> > Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and
> > Yahoo?
> >
> > Our school would benefit greatly from this feature and it is the primary
> > reason we purchased the 2007 upgrade. Do you have any ideas?
> >

> .

Yeah, I figured as much when Jeff Conrad (one of the authors) jumped in!

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)

> Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, it only works with Outlook.
>>
>> p. 304 in what book?
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "darren" <darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook
>> >my
>> > Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails
>> > recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your
>> > recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML"
>> > p.
>> > 304.
>> >
>> > I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I
>> > try
>> > the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based
>> > email
>> > recipient.
>> >
>> > Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and
>> > Yahoo?
>> >
>> > Our school would benefit greatly from this feature and it is the
>> > primary
>> > reason we purchased the 2007 upgrade. Do you have any ideas?
>> >

>> .

0
Douglas

"collecting data via email from Access 2007"
Although it is supposed to work with any HTML mail recipient it only works if recipient is sending from Outlook. Has anyone else had success with recipients from Yahoo and Hotmail recipients? ...

Collecting Data via Email (InfoPath error)
I used the "Collecting Data via email" feature in Access 2007 and chose the InfoPath option. The first time I opened the form in Outlook, it worked fine. Then I went back to Access to tweak the table a little bit and used the "Collecting Data via email" feature again. This time when I tried to open the form in Outlook I received the following error: "InfoPath cannot create a new, blank form. InfoPath cannot open the form. To fix this problem, contact your system administrator." I then clicked on the show details: "InfoPath cannot open t...