Working with windows media player in access

I have added a Windows Media Player activex control in an MS Access form and
I want to play a video file when I click on an command button. The file to be
played is that of the content of a field on that form. For example, if field
A contains the text c:\test video1.iso and I click the command button, then
play video c:\test video1.iso. If this value changes to another vodeo file
name, then play that file.

I can't find how to set the URL of the windows media activex control to read
a field on a form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance.

On Jan 27, 9:10 am, TOMAC <TO...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have added a Windows Media Player activex control in an MS Access form and
> I want to play a video file when I click on an command button. The file to be
> played is that of the content of a field on that form. For example, if field
> A contains the text c:\test video1.iso and I click the command button, then
> play video c:\test video1.iso. If this value changes to another vodeo file
> name, then play that file.
>
> I can't find how to set the URL of the windows media activex control to read
> a field on a form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Why not shell the video in another process, using Shell ("c:
\whatever_path\wmplayer.exe c:\myvideo.wmv")? I haven't seen anyone
try to embed Media Player before I have premonitions of application
crash all over the place.

If you're certain you want to embed the control, you'll need to attach
some code to your command button to set the video played in the
ActiveX control. It won't be able to link to the textbox control
directly since Media Player doesn't know about Access.

-- James
0
Minton

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access
I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the application where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not Defined. The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got any ideas of why this would be happening? For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks My gu...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

How to make the default view the Web Layout in Outlook 2002 New Message window?
Hello How to make the default view the Web Layout in Outlook 2002 New Message window? The Word is used as the e-mail editor. ...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

Get Windows directory
Hello, How do you get the name of the windows directory? Some windows directories are named "Windows","Winnt" "W2000",... TIA, Barbara ...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Import Access into Linux server
Hi, Our company has created an Access file (very basic database) and would like to import it into our server. Our server is currently web-hosted by a Linux server and the company that is hosting it says that they cannot convert this or add it on to the server. Do I have any other options or is this possible? Your help is greatly apprecaited. Thank You, Adam OK, you've alluded to two different operating systems - Windows & Linux - but you've posted to the newsgroup for Office on yet another... Macintosh. I honestly don't know where your issue can be best addressed,...

How to build a buffer to deal with the accessing from multi-process?
I mean how to build the buffer? Use COM? How to do it? Thank you. I mean there should be only one instance of the buffer to insure the consistency of the data. How to insure exclusive of this instance? Thank you. "fadics" <fadics@sohu.com> д����Ϣ���� :OiZddgx8EHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I mean how to build the buffer? Use COM? How to do it? > > Thank you. > > fadics wrote: > I mean there should be only one instance of the buffer to insure the > consistency of the data. How to insure exclusive of this instance? > > Thank you. > &g...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

Spell check not working.

Failed to run Windows Explorer from MFC using ShellExecute.
I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. I need to run a Windows Explorer if user click a Button on my application. Here is the code: void RunExplorer() { CString sParameter; sParameter.Format( "%s %s", "/n, /e, ", "C:\\ABC\\" ); ShellExecute( GetSafeHwnd(), "explore", "explorer.exe", sParameter, sCDFolderSakuseiPath, SW_SHOWNORMAL ); } But it failed to execute the explorer. What was wrong? Thank you very much. Use open verb - ShellExecute( GetSafeHwnd(), "open", "explorer.exe", sParameter, sCDFolderSakuseiPath, SW_...

Windows 2003 Server Role Hardware Specifications
Hello, I don't know where I saw it but is there a link that talks about the hardware specifications for the various servers roles such as DCs, file server, web server, etc.? -- Thank you for your help! JYC Hello Mr. JYC, Maybe this can help you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/ee382254.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm >...

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

Windows SharePoint Services 6398 Timer
This is a new build, in Jan 2010, of SBS 2008 std. Full patched. Getting loads and loads of these. Log Name: Application Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Date: 26/02/2010 08:30:02 Event ID: 6398 Task Category: Timer Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX-SBS.xxxxxx.local Description: The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID 51e6fb53-ed1d-42b8-ad9c-44c9fda18619) threw an exception. More information is included below. The gathe...

How do you access Pub clipart or photos from outside of Publisher
I often want to make necessary modifications or collages or add special effects to photos from Publisher. But I can't seem to find them on the cd to open them directly in Photoshop to do the work. I have cut and pasted into photoshop, but the it places small and the resolution when saved out is not that good, it's not sharp anymore. Any suggestions???? Preview the image in the Clip Organizer; make note of the image number, browse to the number on the CD. You can use the Organizer without opening an Office program. From start, Microsoft Office Tools...You can drag the icon to ...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...