Why do I only see this lookup result when I click on it?

I have a continous form control that only displays the results when I click
on it (them). Can someone help me make it so they display permantly.

the name of the control is: txt_Timer_Elapsed

the code for the control is:
=DLookUp("Timer_Elapsed","QRY_Run_Reveal_Timings","Run_waypoint_List_ID = "
& [Run_waypoint_List_ID])

Add the necessary table and include the field Timer_Elapsed  in the
recordsource for the form, then make a bound control to show the value for
Timer_Elapsed.

Jeanette Cunningham

"efandango" <efandango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a continous form control that only displays the results when I click
> on it (them). Can someone help me make it so they display permantly.
>
> the name of the control is: txt_Timer_Elapsed
>
> the code for the control is:
> =DLookUp("Timer_Elapsed","QRY_Run_Reveal_Timings","Run_waypoint_List_ID =
> "
> & [Run_waypoint_List_ID])

0
Jeanette

how do I change lookup sheet within formula?
I have a series of identical sheets mapping out employee holidays on an individual basis and I want to map them on to a summary sheet. I have posted a simple if formula into one row to extratc information from one sheet. Is there a way to copy this formula down the page to change the sheet name, but keep the rest of the formula identical? Thanks Yes using INDIRECT(). The below if applied and copied down will refer Sheet1!A1, Sheet2!A1 ,Sheet3!A1 and so on...Change to suit your tab names =INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(A1)&"'!a1") -- Jacob (MVP ...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Lookup within a 2 dimensional array
Hi guys, Here's a challenge I hope you can help me solve. Say I have a table of values with X and Y headers and a 3 x 3 array hoding parameters that are a function of X and Y, call these f (X, Y) as below. Y 0.1 0.2 0.3 1 10 15 20 X 2 15 20 30 3 20 30 40 Say I am given a value of Y = 0.2 and the outcome of the X and Y, f (X, Y) of 20, and the formula needs to return the value of X. From the table above the result I would want to extract is X = 2. Th...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How to have Smartlist Favorites default in Employee Lookup
Our users would like me to customize their employee lookup to only have "active employees" (exclude inactive). There is an existing favorite smartlist object called "active employees only", so they can manually choose that favorite on the employee lookup window via the "View.." button. My question is how can I use VBA to have this happen. I have tried adding the "ViewAllEmployeesbyEmployeeID" (field) and set the value property, so that I can default to "Favorites", but I am not sure how to set the favorites to the "Active emplo...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

lookup row number
Hi, can you tell me how to lookup the row number of a name in a list. EG say I have a list of names as below: Andrew Mike Steve Ian Paul I would normally just add a column with the row numbers and then lookup the row number in the second column but is it possible to do without adding the extra column by using the row formula someohow? Thanks Hi Michael Try the below.. =MATCH("Mike",A:A,0) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Michael" wrote: > Hi, > can you tell me how to lookup the row number of a name in a list. > > EG say I hav...

Missing Delete Option when Right-Clicking in Start/Programs
A friend told me he has some programs appearing in his program listings on the Start menu that are not installed and he would like to remove these references. I told him to select Start/Programs, find the program, do a right-click, and select Delete (which works for me). He said he does not have the Delete option when doing this. How can the Delete option be reinstated there? you might try right clicking on the start button which will take you to the physical folders where the icon files is stored. if you still can't delete them via the explore, then perhaps it is the ...

formula result not displayed
I have a large spreadsheet (28MB) that is not displaying formulas results in one worksheet. The formulas are not complex (ex., +'Placeholders 2006 Master'!$L$80*'Placeholders 2006 Master'!AO$141). If I go to any cell and hit F2 to edit it directly that cell will display its result, even if it is referencing another cell that is experiencing the same problem. A simple F9 does nothing but I discovered by accident that Ctl ALt Shift F9 did cause the formulas to calculate. Does anyone know why this happens and how we can keep it from happening again? Thanks for any hel...

Browser links to xlsx files result in File Not Found
I know there must be a simple answer to this, but I have searched and had no luck. A link from either of my browsers (IE7 and Firefox 3.08) will open Excel and the file with extension xls, but will not open an Excel 2007 file with extension xlsx. I believe the same think occurs with Word 2007. Is it something in my browser setup? The message I get is "The page cannot be found"... HTTP Error 404 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, I have same problem, I installed the latest drivers: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF9...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

right click #2
Can a 'right click' menu be changed? I'd like to add some things For example, I'd like to select some cells then right click on the selection and convert it to values Also, I've recorded a macro that converts a selection to values, but it's probably not the most efficient way to do it. What's the easiest way to convert a selection to values through a macro? This macro would add the ability to bring up the sort wizard from the right click menu. I took the basic idea from John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA. For more information ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

Coding for future month results
Below is my current code for October's reporting. It is a project form showing planned progress (OctPlan), actual progress (OctAct) and via the attached code, an indicator and color for October (OctInd). This code works great (thanks to the help on here) However, my form shows all 12 months, so the code currently causes future months to indicate red. Is there a an If then type statement that I can place this current code into that will basically say If OctAct is null then OctInd = N/A? or is null ruined based on the the code? Is there some other procedure I can try? I've ...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

using the LOOKUP function
Does anyone know how to use excel to look up and return values in 3 columns to designated cells? Specifically, I have 3 columns of data...column A contains the numbers 1 through 10; column B contains certain data; column C contains more data. I need 3 drop down boxes that will allow me to choose the following: the first drop down box will allow me to choose either column B's data or column C's data. The other 2 drop down boxes will allow me to choose a number 1 through 10. In this example, if I choose column B in the first drop down box, the number 3 in the second box, and t...

Cannot see posts again
My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google groups to look them up. Cumbersome. How can I solve the problem? TIA This newsgroup ? Is WLM configured to use newsgroup community features(if so disable it) Are any of the missing messages present in the Storage folders/Recovered = items folders(and appearing as if sent to you instead of=20 the newsgroup)? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Ben Stevenson" wrote in message = news:u3f9tyRNLHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google = grou...

How do I count words line by line and see them on the left colum?
I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my document, on the left hand side. Word does not provide any built-in way to do this, and I don't believe it would be feasible even with fields or macros. You would have to do it manually. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MimiT" <MimiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64BF758E-FB7F-4BC6-ACD1-250043456C8F@microsoft.com... >I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within m...

Search form results open in report view instead of subform
I am an access baby still cutting my teeth. I'm working on a database for some librarians and have a simple form containing 6 fields for them to use to search for material. Currently, I have the search results appear in the subform and the user clicks "Print Results" to get the pretty report. They don't like the subform results. They want the report to show as a result of the search, not the subform. Can this be done? Is it a simple macro and I'm overthinking the process? Also, they want a field in addition to those contained in the table that will search across al...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Launch file from button click
All, I am using the following code on a button click to launch a file from IE. Response.Write("<script type='text/javascript'>detailedresults=window.open('" + @fileName + "');</script>"); The string variable has the value : @FileName = "file://ourserver/testdir/excelfile.xls" This works occasionally, but sometimes makes IE hang and not respond. Any ideas/comments or better ways of simply opening a file via a button click TIA Ian Hi. Mira este link, ahi explica como hacer un sistema de descarga http://as...

Co-worker sees pictures on top of text
I have a Word 2003 document with many pictures inserted. On my computer the text wraps around the pictures. When a co-worker opens the same document the pictures are on top of the text. What setting could be different? Got It! Renamed Normal.dot and let Word recreate Normal.dot. Seems Ok now. "Lee Zard" wrote: > I have a Word 2003 document with many pictures inserted. On my computer the > text wraps around the pictures. When a co-worker opens the same document the > pictures are on top of the text. What setting could be different? ...