Where can I download this type of db example?

 Hi, I'm working in Access 2003.

Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to
implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many
relationships with a link table?  I understand normalization and I believe
my structure is 3rd order normalized.  I need to figure out how to input
data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query
(or, if necessary, VB code).  In other words, a database  that has

tblParents (1->oo)   tblParent_Child_LINK   (1->oo) tblChildren

where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't clear.  Each of the LINK
tables have 2 fields, an ID field to match each of the tables. (e.g.
tblParent_Child_LINK has ChildID and ParentID fields)

I want to work with an example that shows how to implement updatable queries
and forms for this kind of table structure.

I downloaded this example db:
http://www.databasedev.co.uk/many_to_many_example.html

which is good, but very simple.  I'm looking for something with a little
more sophistication on inputting data into forms that access multiple linked
tables..

Can you point me to some db's?

Thanks!
Jay

0
Jay

Take a look in the Northwind Traders database that comes with Access.

The Orders form (which uses the Orders Subform form) illustrates how to do
this. The tables involved are Orders, Products, and Order Details (which
resolves the many-to-many between Orders and Products)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Jay Wolfe" <jayw710@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm working in Access 2003.
>
> Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to
> implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many
> relationships with a link table?  I understand normalization and I believe
> my structure is 3rd order normalized.  I need to figure out how to input
> data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a
> query (or, if necessary, VB code).  In other words, a database  that has
>
> tblParents (1->oo)   tblParent_Child_LINK   (1->oo) tblChildren
>
> where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't clear.  Each of the LINK
> tables have 2 fields, an ID field to match each of the tables. (e.g.
> tblParent_Child_LINK has ChildID and ParentID fields)
>
> I want to work with an example that shows how to implement updatable
> queries and forms for this kind of table structure.
>
> I downloaded this example db:
> http://www.databasedev.co.uk/many_to_many_example.html
>
> which is good, but very simple.  I'm looking for something with a little
> more sophistication on inputting data into forms that access multiple
> linked tables..
>
> Can you point me to some db's?
>
> Thanks!
> Jay

0
Douglas
8/16/2007 7:00:40 PM
Yeah, I had looked at this but I guess I didn't think it had enough ways to
input info.  I'll go back and look at it again.  Thanks for pointing that
out:)

Jay

> Take a look in the Northwind Traders database that comes with Access.
>
> The Orders form (which uses the Orders Subform form) illustrates how to do
> this. The tables involved are Orders, Products, and Order Details (which
> resolves the many-to-many between Orders and Products)
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Jay Wolfe" <jayw710@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, I'm working in Access 2003.
>>
>> Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to
>> implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many
>> relationships with a link table?  I understand normalization and I
>> believe my structure is 3rd order normalized.  I need to figure out how
>> to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically
>> by a query (or, if necessary, VB code).  In other words, a database  that
>> has
>>
>> tblParents (1->oo)   tblParent_Child_LINK   (1->oo) tblChildren
>>
>> where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't clear.  Each of the LINK
>> tables have 2 fields, an ID field to match each of the tables. (e.g.
>> tblParent_Child_LINK has ChildID and ParentID fields)
>>
>> I want to work with an example that shows how to implement updatable
>> queries and forms for this kind of table structure.
>>
>> I downloaded this example db:
>> http://www.databasedev.co.uk/many_to_many_example.html
>>
>> which is good, but very simple.  I'm looking for something with a little
>> more sophistication on inputting data into forms that access multiple
>> linked tables..
>>
>> Can you point me to some db's?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jay

0
Jay

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Please Need an Example!
I need an example of how to concatenate two column into one drop down box and how to do a VLookup for a drop down box. Thank you. If you mean a data validation dropdown, you can use a worksheet formula to combine the values in two columns, then show the combined values in the data validation list. There's an example on the following page: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Data Validation, look for "Data Validation Columns" For VLookup, there's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html TotallyConfused wrote: > I need an...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

viewing unreconciled and downloaded transactions
I have Money 03 and want to be able to view unreconciled transactions, along with unapproved downloaded transactions. The problem is that Money automatically marks all my downloaded transactions as reconciled, even if I haven't approved them yet. My only two options are to view unreconciled transactions (which allows me to see only manually entered trans), and to view unnaproved transactions (which allows me to only view the downloaded entries). Is there a way of preventing the downloaded entries from being automatically reconciled? ...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...

Can you....
Can you create a text box that pops up when you try to exit excel? would like a box that reminds people to fill out parts of a form whe they try to exit the workbook. Any ideas would be great -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This code goes in the ThisWorkbook section of the VB Editor. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim iResponse As Long iResponse = MsgBox("Did you enter everything? Click No to return an finish.", vbYesNo) If iResponse = 7 Then Cancel = True End Sub If the user clicks No, the application will not close. You coul modify...

Can you freeze columns in a list box?
I know you can freeze columns in a datasheet so that the columns remain on the leftmost side of the screen, but is there a way to do the same in a list box? I have a list box that displays 30 columns of information. It would be helpful if the first 4 didn't have to disappear when you scroll to the right. "agene" <agene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AAE32B2-E08F-4F7F-9C5E-8B9CD2F806AE@microsoft.com... >I know you can freeze columns in a datasheet so that the columns remain on > the leftmost side of the screen, but is there a way to do the sa...

Can we Pop Cash drawer without slip printer?
We would like to install a cash drawer and have RMS pop the drawer without using a slip printer with a cash drawer connection port. We currently use an HP Laser printer connected to the serial port of our computer to print full sized receipts and I called Indiana Cash drawer to find out what type of interface we would need to get the program to "pop" the drawer and their support said I need to find out what code the software is sending to the drawer. According to RMS the SL, SLD and EL models are compatible but RMS does not indicate what type of interface is needed short of the OPO...