VS 2005 IDE getting closed Automatically

Hi,

I'm facing a very peculiar problem. When i open VS 2005 IDE,
immediately within 1 min, entire IDE is getting closed automatically.
This is happening when i'm connected to internet. This is not
happening if i disconnect from internet. Does anyone, know the exact
cause for this problem and also the solution ??

regards,
mahesh

0
mahesh

This newsgroup is for questions about forms in Access, the database product
that's part of Office Professional.

I'd suggest reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Visual Studio.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"mahesh" <mahesh.malla@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing a very peculiar problem. When i open VS 2005 IDE,
> immediately within 1 min, entire IDE is getting closed automatically.
> This is happening when i'm connected to internet. This is not
> happening if i disconnect from internet. Does anyone, know the exact
> cause for this problem and also the solution ??
>

> regards,
> mahesh

0
Douglas

I'm trying to get a custom graph in Excel
I'm trying to graph the sales development of one sales territory when compared to the overall sales development of the corporation; the Y-axis values should be in percentage, the X-value axis is in years 1995 through 2004. I like to have it graphed similar to a stock graph, however with both sales data starting at 0% and then showing an upper (+) or lower (-) sales development over the last 10-years. My problem so far is that the corporate sales is so large that the territory sales is too small and not very well visible. If I change the corporate sales by eliminating the last digit...

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

Analysis cubes with excel sql 2005 issues
The documentation on this is very poor. So I installed the product for the demo company TWO on GP 9 SP2. 1. To load the data from Great Plains to data warehouse, I am able to run the package from visual studio and the data populates the data warehouse. However, when I create a job, the job fails. Can you guide me into how to create a job for this? 2. I was able to load the cubes by running the package through visual studio. However, I dont know how to view these cubes and assign security to them. What is the way to do this in SQL 2005. 3. Thereafter I went to Great Plains and provide...

Money 2005 Deluxe in Raleigh
Found a copy in the Best Buy in Raleigh, NC. Loaded it up and converted my 2004 data. Process seemed to go ok. Here's some initial impressions... 1. Slower... I kept task manager up and saw 100% CPU quite often. 2004 wasn't a speed deamon, but it was better than 2005 so far. 2. Etrade... apparently, it tried to match up my 2 accounts with those online and failed since 2004 has a bunch of 'X's as the first couple of digits in the account numbers. This caused 2005 to think that the accounts are different. So I ended up with 2 copies of the same account. The help indicated...

Opening files automatically with Import Text File dialog box
I would like to eliminate the requirement to have a user click on the Import button during VBA control of the Import Text File dialog box. This will facilitate the automatic processing of sequentially numbered files. I would appreciate any suggestions. Here's a simplified listing of the code I'm using. Sub ImportOrigData() ' ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst Sheets("OrigDataFile").Select Range("A10").Select Dim sText As String For DOY = 147 To 149 ' first and last day of year to be processed sText...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

Problem getting a form to open to a related record.
I have a button on a form called "MainForm" that when clicked I want to open another form which should show all "Rental" records relating to the location on the "MainForm" In my MainTable which is what the MainForm" is populated by I have a field called ListingID (which is also my keyfield and as such is an AutoNumber). In my "Rental" table I have a field called "PremID" which is a number field that I want to use to tie the records into the MainTable. (I will be using the same field name in other tables to link them to the MainTable...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

Add address automatically
Hi all, Just wanna know if it is possible to include an email address automatically to the cc list whenever i wanna try to reply an email or create a new mail. I am working as a helpdesk thus whenever i want to reply to an it query i will cc the helpdesk account so that the rest of the helpdesk crew will know that the query has been dealt with. Thanks a zillion in advance. Not with any current version of Outlook. You can write code that does this: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "SecretCharacter" <henry.tan@tellabs.com> wro...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

Getting an semi accurate forecast
Think retail sales....I have data from last 2 years of monthly sales, and I am looking for a formula that would take into effect increases or decreases in sales trends year to year but also the month to month trend and the end result would be the forecast of upcoming months sales based on these trends. My feelings are that current trends in increases or decreases should carry more weight than say this April to last April. What I am trying to say is that say Last year to this year growth only shows 2% but since I took over the last couple months have shown increases anywhere from 4 to 8 percent...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

Outlook 2003 will close but not shutdown
Running Outlook (11.8010.6568) SP2 Have multiple email accounts setup for selection on startup. Once an email account is selected everything works fine. When I shut Outlook down to go to another email account, Outlook shuts down but once selected again, the other email account automatically starts again. After I shut Outlook down, and select Windows Task Manager, Outlook is still running. The only way to go to another email account is to manually shut down Outlook via Windows Task Manager. I know that this is not the way it should be, but there seems to be no alternative. Is there a...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...

How about a petition to get Money for Window Mobile 5 or 6
Has anyone thought about creating a petition at www.petitiononline.com? That way it can get more exposure. "Brady Holt" <BradyHolt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E882ED9-46AD-408C-93F8-C8C213B670CE@microsoft.com... > Has anyone thought about creating a petition at www.petitiononline.com? > That > way it can get more exposure. go for it and post back here. I'm not sure how non-futile it would be but it couldn't hurt I guess. ...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

Money 2005 Can Be Updated Externally
I don't know if this will add confusion or be of help to some, but FWIW, the recent Money 2005 update (not the 2004 to 2005 upgrade) was downloaded and installed when I visited MoneyCentral.MSN.com, as I regularly do for news, fyi, etc. on specific investments we hold. Apparently, the Web pages now share so much code (e.g. ActiveX Controls) with Money (msmoney.exe) that updating one inherently updates the other. Of course, I still had to go through the file conversion process the next time I opened each of our Money files. For anyone experiencing problems completing the update (software ...

Can't get maintenance job LibraryInventory scheduled.
I'm trying to schedule an inventory but can't get it scheduled... My setup; Windows 2008 SP2 x64, local SQL 2005 database (default), HP Ultrium-3 LTO tape unit (stand-alone). I use the DPM Management Shell to schedule the job with this command; Set-MaintenanceJobStartTime -DPMServerName <dpmservername> -MaintenanceJob LibraryInventory -StartTime 17:00 I receive no error on this command, but a Get-MaintenanceJobStartTime gives the following result; Get-MaintenanceJobStartTime : No schedules found for the job definition. (ID: 951) Any advise is much apprec...

new 2005 money install only freezes
I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went from 2004 to 2005 but within 5 seconds it always freezes. It sounds like Microsoft does not really want to support this product??? Why?? This is the small business edition and I thought they would support their products. In microsoft.public.money, Shawn wrote: >I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the >serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went >from 2004 ...

automatically close excel
is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been made for a certain time? thanks in advance Patrick Patrick, From a previous post............ If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code. John <snip> Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity. Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity. Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy. Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would restart and they could continue working else the...

Budget vs. Cash Flow
Hi, Thanks for taking time to review my question (and it might be a stupid one). I'm using (just installed for the first time) MS Money 2004 Premium. It seems Budget and Cash Flow are duking it out, and Cash Flow is winning. What I mean is to ask is, is it possible to create a budget that balances out fine according to one's income, yet Cash Flow shows that the sum of flow will gradually go farther and farther into the red every month? Or, is it that the Cash Flow is independant, and I have to tell it that everything is going to be alright? Btw, I've already setup reoccuring deposi...

[Fwd: Re: Way to get folders in start menu to not expand to show all contents/files?]
FYI "Ol�rin" wrote: > > Had enough of your childish insults now. So what fu*k you're doing here? go and mast3rbate yourself! > > > > -- > > THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY > > KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR > > IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND > > FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA > > OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER > > INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTA...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...