Validate 2 Fields - DLookup Perhaps...

I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 2:30:04 PM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1049 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 49

-- 
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

Use the Before Update event of the form.

    If Not IsNUll(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & 
Me.txtDate1 & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
        MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
        Me.Undo
        Cancel = True
        Me.txtDate1.SefFocus
    End If

"Jani" wrote:

> I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
> work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
> ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
> date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
> the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
> entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
> have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 5:56:01 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Klatuu... but I'm getting an error. I've changed 
my text boxes to be named as you had in the code. The error is a Run Time 
3075 - Syntax error in date in query expression '[Date1]= #200711# And 
[Location] = '300". The code I entered is below. What did I do wrong? The If 
phrase is highlighted.

Private Sub txtDate1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
If Not IsNull(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & Me.txtDate1 
& "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
        MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
        Me.Undo
        Cancel = True
        Me.txtDate1.SetFocus
    End If

End Sub



"Klatuu" wrote:

> 
> -- 
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> Use the Before Update event of the form.
> 
>     If Not IsNUll(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & 
> Me.txtDate1 & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
>         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
>         Me.Undo
>         Cancel = True
>         Me.txtDate1.SefFocus
>     End If
> 
> "Jani" wrote:
> 
> > I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
> > work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
> > ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
> > date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
> > the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
> > entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
> > have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 6:18:01 PM
This 
 [Location] = '300" 
should be coming out as
 [Location] = '300' 

If [Location] is a text field, the code should be:
(quotes expanded for readibility)
"# And [Location] = ' " & Me.txtLocation & " ' "))

If it is a numeric field, it should be:
"# And [Location] = " & Me.txtLocation))
-- 
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP


"Jani" wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply Klatuu... but I'm getting an error. I've changed 
> my text boxes to be named as you had in the code. The error is a Run Time 
> 3075 - Syntax error in date in query expression '[Date1]= #200711# And 
> [Location] = '300". The code I entered is below. What did I do wrong? The If 
> phrase is highlighted.
> 
> Private Sub txtDate1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> If Not IsNull(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & Me.txtDate1 
> & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
>         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
>         Me.Undo
>         Cancel = True
>         Me.txtDate1.SetFocus
>     End If
> 
> End Sub
> 
> 
> 
> "Klatuu" wrote:
> 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > 
> > Use the Before Update event of the form.
> > 
> >     If Not IsNUll(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & 
> > Me.txtDate1 & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> >         Me.Undo
> >         Cancel = True
> >         Me.txtDate1.SefFocus
> >     End If
> > 
> > "Jani" wrote:
> > 
> > > I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
> > > work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
> > > ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
> > > date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
> > > the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
> > > entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
> > > have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 6:23:02 PM
Still no luck. Location is definitely a text field as is Date1 (because of 
mainframe). Is that the issue?

"Klatuu" wrote:

> This 
>  [Location] = '300" 
> should be coming out as
>  [Location] = '300' 
> 
> If [Location] is a text field, the code should be:
> (quotes expanded for readibility)
> "# And [Location] = ' " & Me.txtLocation & " ' "))
> 
> If it is a numeric field, it should be:
> "# And [Location] = " & Me.txtLocation))
> -- 
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> 
> "Jani" wrote:
> 
> > Thanks for the quick reply Klatuu... but I'm getting an error. I've changed 
> > my text boxes to be named as you had in the code. The error is a Run Time 
> > 3075 - Syntax error in date in query expression '[Date1]= #200711# And 
> > [Location] = '300". The code I entered is below. What did I do wrong? The If 
> > phrase is highlighted.
> > 
> > Private Sub txtDate1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> > If Not IsNull(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & Me.txtDate1 
> > & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> >         Me.Undo
> >         Cancel = True
> >         Me.txtDate1.SetFocus
> >     End If
> > 
> > End Sub
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > 
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > 
> > > Use the Before Update event of the form.
> > > 
> > >     If Not IsNUll(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & 
> > > Me.txtDate1 & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > >         Me.Undo
> > >         Cancel = True
> > >         Me.txtDate1.SefFocus
> > >     End If
> > > 
> > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
> > > > work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
> > > > ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
> > > > date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
> > > > the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
> > > > entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
> > > > have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 6:48:04 PM
It is mosty definitely an issue.  You will need to fomat the date to match 
the format in which it is stored.  The # should be replaced with a single 
quote.  It is used only for dates.
-- 
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP


"Jani" wrote:

> Still no luck. Location is definitely a text field as is Date1 (because of 
> mainframe). Is that the issue?
> 
> "Klatuu" wrote:
> 
> > This 
> >  [Location] = '300" 
> > should be coming out as
> >  [Location] = '300' 
> > 
> > If [Location] is a text field, the code should be:
> > (quotes expanded for readibility)
> > "# And [Location] = ' " & Me.txtLocation & " ' "))
> > 
> > If it is a numeric field, it should be:
> > "# And [Location] = " & Me.txtLocation))
> > -- 
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > 
> > 
> > "Jani" wrote:
> > 
> > > Thanks for the quick reply Klatuu... but I'm getting an error. I've changed 
> > > my text boxes to be named as you had in the code. The error is a Run Time 
> > > 3075 - Syntax error in date in query expression '[Date1]= #200711# And 
> > > [Location] = '300". The code I entered is below. What did I do wrong? The If 
> > > phrase is highlighted.
> > > 
> > > Private Sub txtDate1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> > > If Not IsNull(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & Me.txtDate1 
> > > & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > >         Me.Undo
> > >         Cancel = True
> > >         Me.txtDate1.SetFocus
> > >     End If
> > > 
> > > End Sub
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > 
> > > > -- 
> > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > 
> > > > Use the Before Update event of the form.
> > > > 
> > > >     If Not IsNUll(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & 
> > > > Me.txtDate1 & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > > >         Me.Undo
> > > >         Cancel = True
> > > >         Me.txtDate1.SefFocus
> > > >     End If
> > > > 
> > > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
> > > > > work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
> > > > > ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
> > > > > date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
> > > > > the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
> > > > > entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
> > > > > have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 6:52:00 PM
Yeah!!! almost there... now get the message that it's a duplicate but when I 
click OK have a Runtime 2108 - you must save the field before you execute the 
GoToControl action, the GOTOControl method, or the SetFocus method. The 
SetFocus line is highlighted. I'm so glad you 'guys' put up with us novices!

"Klatuu" wrote:

> It is mosty definitely an issue.  You will need to fomat the date to match 
> the format in which it is stored.  The # should be replaced with a single 
> quote.  It is used only for dates.
> -- 
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> 
> "Jani" wrote:
> 
> > Still no luck. Location is definitely a text field as is Date1 (because of 
> > mainframe). Is that the issue?
> > 
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > 
> > > This 
> > >  [Location] = '300" 
> > > should be coming out as
> > >  [Location] = '300' 
> > > 
> > > If [Location] is a text field, the code should be:
> > > (quotes expanded for readibility)
> > > "# And [Location] = ' " & Me.txtLocation & " ' "))
> > > 
> > > If it is a numeric field, it should be:
> > > "# And [Location] = " & Me.txtLocation))
> > > -- 
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Thanks for the quick reply Klatuu... but I'm getting an error. I've changed 
> > > > my text boxes to be named as you had in the code. The error is a Run Time 
> > > > 3075 - Syntax error in date in query expression '[Date1]= #200711# And 
> > > > [Location] = '300". The code I entered is below. What did I do wrong? The If 
> > > > phrase is highlighted.
> > > > 
> > > > Private Sub txtDate1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> > > > If Not IsNull(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & Me.txtDate1 
> > > > & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > > >         Me.Undo
> > > >         Cancel = True
> > > >         Me.txtDate1.SetFocus
> > > >     End If
> > > > 
> > > > End Sub
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > > 
> > > > > Use the Before Update event of the form.
> > > > > 
> > > > >     If Not IsNUll(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & 
> > > > > Me.txtDate1 & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > > > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > > > >         Me.Undo
> > > > >         Cancel = True
> > > > >         Me.txtDate1.SefFocus
> > > > >     End If
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
> > > > > > work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
> > > > > > ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
> > > > > > date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
> > > > > > the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
> > > > > > entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
> > > > > > have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 7:14:03 PM
I thought the Undo would take care of that, but I guess not.  See it it runs 
successfully without the setfocus line.  (comment it out).
-- 
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP


"Jani" wrote:

> Yeah!!! almost there... now get the message that it's a duplicate but when I 
> click OK have a Runtime 2108 - you must save the field before you execute the 
> GoToControl action, the GOTOControl method, or the SetFocus method. The 
> SetFocus line is highlighted. I'm so glad you 'guys' put up with us novices!
> 
> "Klatuu" wrote:
> 
> > It is mosty definitely an issue.  You will need to fomat the date to match 
> > the format in which it is stored.  The # should be replaced with a single 
> > quote.  It is used only for dates.
> > -- 
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > 
> > 
> > "Jani" wrote:
> > 
> > > Still no luck. Location is definitely a text field as is Date1 (because of 
> > > mainframe). Is that the issue?
> > > 
> > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > This 
> > > >  [Location] = '300" 
> > > > should be coming out as
> > > >  [Location] = '300' 
> > > > 
> > > > If [Location] is a text field, the code should be:
> > > > (quotes expanded for readibility)
> > > > "# And [Location] = ' " & Me.txtLocation & " ' "))
> > > > 
> > > > If it is a numeric field, it should be:
> > > > "# And [Location] = " & Me.txtLocation))
> > > > -- 
> > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Thanks for the quick reply Klatuu... but I'm getting an error. I've changed 
> > > > > my text boxes to be named as you had in the code. The error is a Run Time 
> > > > > 3075 - Syntax error in date in query expression '[Date1]= #200711# And 
> > > > > [Location] = '300". The code I entered is below. What did I do wrong? The If 
> > > > > phrase is highlighted.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Private Sub txtDate1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> > > > > If Not IsNull(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & Me.txtDate1 
> > > > > & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > > > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > > > >         Me.Undo
> > > > >         Cancel = True
> > > > >         Me.txtDate1.SetFocus
> > > > >     End If
> > > > > 
> > > > > End Sub
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > -- 
> > > > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Use the Before Update event of the form.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > >     If Not IsNUll(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & 
> > > > > > Me.txtDate1 & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > > > > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > > > > >         Me.Undo
> > > > > >         Cancel = True
> > > > > >         Me.txtDate1.SefFocus
> > > > > >     End If
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
> > > > > > > work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
> > > > > > > ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
> > > > > > > date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
> > > > > > > the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
> > > > > > > entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
> > > > > > > have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 7:21:02 PM
Perfect. Thanks so much for your patience and have a wonderful holiday season.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> I thought the Undo would take care of that, but I guess not.  See it it runs 
> successfully without the setfocus line.  (comment it out).
> -- 
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> 
> "Jani" wrote:
> 
> > Yeah!!! almost there... now get the message that it's a duplicate but when I 
> > click OK have a Runtime 2108 - you must save the field before you execute the 
> > GoToControl action, the GOTOControl method, or the SetFocus method. The 
> > SetFocus line is highlighted. I'm so glad you 'guys' put up with us novices!
> > 
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > 
> > > It is mosty definitely an issue.  You will need to fomat the date to match 
> > > the format in which it is stored.  The # should be replaced with a single 
> > > quote.  It is used only for dates.
> > > -- 
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Still no luck. Location is definitely a text field as is Date1 (because of 
> > > > mainframe). Is that the issue?
> > > > 
> > > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > This 
> > > > >  [Location] = '300" 
> > > > > should be coming out as
> > > > >  [Location] = '300' 
> > > > > 
> > > > > If [Location] is a text field, the code should be:
> > > > > (quotes expanded for readibility)
> > > > > "# And [Location] = ' " & Me.txtLocation & " ' "))
> > > > > 
> > > > > If it is a numeric field, it should be:
> > > > > "# And [Location] = " & Me.txtLocation))
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Thanks for the quick reply Klatuu... but I'm getting an error. I've changed 
> > > > > > my text boxes to be named as you had in the code. The error is a Run Time 
> > > > > > 3075 - Syntax error in date in query expression '[Date1]= #200711# And 
> > > > > > [Location] = '300". The code I entered is below. What did I do wrong? The If 
> > > > > > phrase is highlighted.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Private Sub txtDate1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> > > > > > If Not IsNull(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & Me.txtDate1 
> > > > > > & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > > > > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > > > > >         Me.Undo
> > > > > >         Cancel = True
> > > > > >         Me.txtDate1.SetFocus
> > > > > >     End If
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > End Sub
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > -- 
> > > > > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Use the Before Update event of the form.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > >     If Not IsNUll(DLookup("[Date1]", "dbo_uRMData", "[Date1] = #" & 
> > > > > > > Me.txtDate1 & "# And [Location] = '" & Me.txtLocation & "'")) Then
> > > > > > >         MsgBox "This Date and Location Are Already in the Table"
> > > > > > >         Me.Undo
> > > > > > >         Cancel = True
> > > > > > >         Me.txtDate1.SefFocus
> > > > > > >     End If
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > "Jani" wrote:
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to 
> > > > > > > > work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to 
> > > > > > > > ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a 
> > > > > > > > date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off 
> > > > > > > > the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already 
> > > > > > > > entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to 
> > > > > > > > have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani
0
Utf
12/19/2007 7:25:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Cell Comments #2
Hey all Is there any reason a cell comment would be restricted from editing? A comment was "inserted to a cell" but when you right click on the cell and hit edit comment the box that normally comes up that you can edit doesn't .... yet a few columns over you can do it just fine.. Any thoughts? Office 2003 Excel. Thanks. How about a wild guess??? The first comment isn't really a comment. It's an Input Message from Data|Validation. Andre wrote: > > Hey all > > Is there any reason a cell comment would be restricted from editing? > > A commen...

Stylus Studio 2008 Release 2: New EDI support & code generation
[Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml, Stylus Studio 2008 Release 2 is now available.The following highlights some of the new features included in our award-winning XML tools: * Convert New EDI Formats to XML: Stylus Studio now supports the Edig@s EDI dialect. With a new Edig@s to XML Schema wizard, as well as support for the IATA 07.1 revision and numerous other formats including EANCOM, X12, and HL7, the Stylus Studio product's EDI to XML conversion tools are among the most comprehensive available today. * Java and C# for .NET Code Generation: Code generation has numerous improve...

Relay Problems #2
Hello Everyone, I have setup quite a few Exchange servers in my life, but the things that has now happened to me, is quite strange. I have a SBS 2003RC2 server running here, which keeps on relaying messages! I checked the relay, authenication, etc. settings. They're all like they have to be. I checked for virusses and spyware, no luck at all... In the meantime, I had to block port 25 to stop messages sending out. I put on the logging to the highest level, but it looke like they do not use any account to logon to the smtp server, which means it is an open relay. Quite strange with ...

RMS 2.0 Reasons For & Against Upgrading
I would like to know if it's worth it to upgrade to RMS 2.0 I am still currently running 1.3R, and I know I should probably upgrade...but I would like to know if it's worth it??? Please let me know your feelings for and against upgrading! -- Thank You Vince :) I can only tell you about the downside, as I have decided to stick with 1.3R. Just search the forum for dongle, license, and activation. You will see the difficulties and complaints about the new licensing scheme. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:57B858DF-9FB3-4835-8069-E4...

Credit Card Processors #2
I am in the process of acquiring RMS but I am not sure yet... at the same time I have to choose a credit card processor. I wanted to go with Citibank as all the credit card interfaces are built in and I don't want to sign on with a company that gives me a 24 month equipment contract because that just makes it a hassle to integrate with RMS later and pay rental fee for equipment I don't use. Anyone have any recommendations? i spoke to Citi and they gave me a rate of 1.71 which is okay but do they do check verification? and gift cards? Does anyone get a lower rate then 1.71 from Citi? I ...

Msgbox entry validation
The following Macro will not loop more than twice the error entries. Will someone help me correct it to loop indefinely? Thanks Sub Entry_validation() Dim Teststring As String Dim Inputstring As String Cells(1, 1) = "ABC" 'as given filename Cells(2, 1) = "DEF" 'as given filename Cells(3, 1) = "GHI" 'as given filename Cells(4, 1) = "JKL" 'as given filename errorloop: Inputstring = InputBox(prompt:="Enter Filename" & vbLf & "Enter abort to abort en...

Back-up to CD #2
Does the Money 2004 Standard Edition or Premium Edition have hte ability to back-up to a CD (versus a floppy diskette)? Only if packet writing software, such as Direct CD, makes the CD appear to be a regular read-write file system. Can Notepad save a file to your CD? If so, Money should work too. But Money does nothing to prevent you from burning your data file to CD just like you burn any other data file. "Suzi V" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b88901c48946$26689280$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does the Money 2004 Standard Edition or Premium Editi...

Data Validation -> Validation list is larger than the cell width
I have a workbook that I've just added data validation to one cell. FWIW, the data validation is based on a named range. Here's the (perceived) problem. When I've set up data validation in the past, the selection is the same width as the cell. In this case, the list starts almost a full cell width to the left. What am I missing? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb, In Excel2003 I can replicate what you describe under the following conditions: 1. the named range contains entries that are wider than the data validation cell 2. The data validation cell is r...

Excel Formula's #2
I started having this problem once in awhile and now it's almost constant. When I attempt to add a formula, any formula, to a data-filled spreadsheet, I end up with the formula itselt in the cell instead of the results of the formula. Yet, if I copy just the data I'm referencing, and not the whole sheet, onto a blank sheet and re-create the formula, I will (not always) get my results the first time and can then copy and paste the results into my full worksheet full of data. For instance, if I'm trying to use =CONCATENATE on columns F & G in a full spreadsheet, I end u...

Download #2
I presently have Money03, I want to try the Money04 free 60 day download. Will this effect my currect money03 files. Will my 03 files load on Money04. When you start M2004 it will spot your M2003 file and make a backup copy. There will be a screen display giving you the location and name of the backup. WRITE THIS DOWN. You will need it to go back. It will then convert to M2004.. If you like M2004 go buy a package with a CD - do not download on-line. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Sugges...

XLS to CSV file in notepad #2
Thanks, I see if that works -- lmk00 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lmk001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1000 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26901 ...

R1C1 reference style #2
I know how to get rid of it now - maybe not permanently, it seems to come back as a default at times. But does anyone know what it's actaully used for? Tools|options|General Tab|check/uncheck R1C1 Reference style. Believe it or not, some people like working this way! (It is a nice way to compare formulas that should be the same, though.) And excel picks it up from the first workbook you opened that session. You may just be unlucky enough to open a workbook that was saved (by someone else???) in R1C1 reference style. Peg P wrote: > > I know how to get rid of it now - maybe ...

Incorrect Password #2
My PC crashed and I've had to restore all applications and files. I've reinstalled Money 2002, but when I try to open my last Money file and enter the correct password, I receive a message that the password I entered is incorrect. I've used the same password for years, so I know I'm entering the right password. I also used Microsoft Passport with Money. What do I need to need to fix this problem? Is there something else I need to do to restore Money? I have years of Money data at stake. Thanks for your help. In microsoft.public.money, Bobcat wrote: >My PC crash...

Validating against a DTD
Hello All, I am trying to validate an xml file against a DTD. I went through a lot of examples especially: http://www.xmlforasp.net/codebank/util/srcview.aspx?path=../../codebank/System_Xml/XmlValidatingReader/Validator/validator.src&file=validator.cs&font=3 but its not working in my case. First of all, when i try to add my DTD file in XmlSchemaCollection object, it throws an error saying DocType element is expected. I am using NITF DTD for this and there is no DocType element in it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. VD You should not add DTDs to XmlSchemaCollection. XmlSchema...

Public Folder Permissions #2
I'm having problems with adding a Distribution List to the permissions of a Public Folder. The error I receieve is "The modified permissions could not be saved." You may want to look at the following article: 274046.KB.EN-US You Cannot Add a Distribution Group to Permissions of a Public Folder in amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NIC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

dynamic array #2
Hi you clever peeps! What's the best way to pass a dynamic array from one dialog to another? let me clarify. I'm quite new to C++ so, be nice :-( I have a class CReference, which is an CObArray object. One of the CReference variable is "category", which is a CString object. Since more than one CReference object can belong to the same category, the size of category is not necessarily the same as the size of CReference Object Array. So I've written a crude routinte that creates a dynamic array m_daCat, that goes thru every CReference object and add its category to m_daC...

Validation dropdown list is not coming visible
Hi, I'm using XP and 2003. I have a problem that I have once found resolution, but now it came again and cannot remember what needs to be done. Here is the problem: There is a column where Validation is specified in right manner with error message in case of error. When selecting the cell - dropdown list is not coming visible. In case I write something wrong it gives error message. If I recall correctly - it was something to do with some kind of list. How can I change this to work properly? I tried to paste new column from another file where the column is working as I want...

Data Validation
Hi all I want to set data validation on a cell so that it will accept the following (and only the following) text strings: (1) "BR" (literally) or (2) "NT" (literally) or (3) "nA" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take any of the values "L", "P", "T", "V" or "Y" or (4) "An" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take either of the values "K" or "D". Is this possible, please, and if so how? thanks -- Return e...

Z Report ? #2
Can some be so kind as to expalin to me the proper way to do a Z Report. 1) Enter the opening amount at the start of the day 2) Enter closing amounts at the end of the day (Now what is this amount, the amount that is kept in the till or the amount you count for the day?) 3) Finally, print a z report Thanks in advance What we do and you can modify however you need is the following: We count the draw open.(for us a set opening amount) At closing we count it again entering everything in the drawer. After this initial count we run an X report. X reports allow you to change closing informat...

try #2
Based on the percentage in table below, I want to calculate Total Cos based on a specific percentage. Cost of works [Class 1 (%)] [Class 2 (%)] On the first $50,000 [11] [7] on the next $75,000 [9] [6.25] on the next $125,000 [7.5] [5.75] on the next $250,000 [6.5] [5.25] on the remainder $500,000 [5] [4.25] Now the fees given is = $1883800. Total Cost =? The steps are like these: On the first $50,000 x (11-7)% = $1,000.00 On the next $75,000 x (9-6.25)% = $2,062.50 On the next $125,000 x (7.5-5.75)% = $5,937.50 On the next $250,000 x (6...

reinstall-validation problem
Hardware hit from lightning so new hd and video card and start over. All goes well with install using a slipstreamed XP-Pro SP3 disk but I notice it never asks for the Product Key during install yet it Activates itself during one of the boots and I think little of it until ... During the updates which followed (100+!!!) I notice Windows Defender doesn't seem to run or leave itself installed. As it is running on my laptop figured I just download it. When I run it, it wants to first do the Genuine Advantage bs which I let it, at which time it says "bogus". Ugh, g...

workflow rules #2
Is this possible I have a attribute called "last_call" this is the last time we contacted a customer. Can I create a workflow that will send a "phone call activity" if the last call date is more than 14 days from today? help very much appreciated Ian Here are the basic steps: Add a custom date field to your customer record called "Last Call" and then create a workflow rule for Phone Calls that updates this field with the Phone Call's "Actual End" field when the Phone Call's status changes to Completed. The next part is a little more ...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

MSExchangeTransport #2
Small Business Server 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2 Inbound SMTP e-mails are making it to my Messages Pending Submission Queue on the Default SMTP Virtual Server, and thus are not being received at client mailboxes. The stoppage seems to coincide with a diagnostic error in the Application Event Viewer for MSExchangeTransport: Source: MSExchange Transport Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7010 This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #1. The client at "221.140.55.63" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unab...

Lotus 1-2-3 file #2
How do I convert a lotus 1-2-3 file (bill.123) to Excel 2002? paul Hi I think Lotus has the option to save its file as Excel file. So this should be the easiest way. AFAIK Excel has not build-in converter for *.123 files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany paul wrote: > How do I convert a lotus 1-2-3 file (bill.123) to Excel > 2002? > paul I don't have the Lotus 123 program. I have the Excel 2002 program. A friend gave me a Lotus 123 file I need to convert and print out. It is bill.12 pau paulnkathy@hotmail.com If you don't have 1-2-3 you can get Conversions Plu...