Using VBA to select Items in multiselect Listbox

How can you programatically select items in a multiselect list box based on
their lables?  Certain groups of items in my multiselect listbox will be
frequently selected together.  I want to have check boxes elsewhere on the
form that a user can click that will cause a group of items to be selected in
the list box.  The list box itself is used to make an sql statement.  Thanks.
      Marcie

"bymarce" <bymarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can you programatically select items in a multiselect list box based
> on
> their lables?  Certain groups of items in my multiselect listbox will be
> frequently selected together.  I want to have check boxes elsewhere on the
> form that a user can click that will cause a group of items to be selected
> in
> the list box.  The list box itself is used to make an sql statement.
> Thanks.
>      Marcie

Hi, Marcie -

I'm not sure what labels you're referring to, but you can select items in a
multiselect list box by setting the row's .Selected property.  In deciding
whether or not to select a row, you can check the value of the bound column
for that row by referring to the .ItemData property;  or, if you need to
look at some other column of the list box, you can use the .Column property.
For example:

'------ start of example code ------

    Dim lngX As Long

    With Me.lstMyListbox
        For lngX = Abs(.ColumnHeads) To (.ListCount - 1)
'---------> Use this line to test the row's bound-column value:
'            If .ItemData(lngX) Like "ABC*" Then
'---------> Use this line to test a particular column:
            If .Column(1, lngX) Like "ABC*" Then
                .Selected(lngX) = True
            End If
        Next
    End With

'------ end of example code ------

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks
Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a printer after clicking print. From print payables checks In 7.5 when they would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to select a printer to send their checks to. Now it automatically goes to their defaulted printer. How do they set up the option in 9.0? Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the printer dialog box. This should solve your problem Best regards Mike "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

HELP WITH VBA
I am trying to finish writing some simple program. My problem is that when I try and change the arguement from SELECTION CHANGE to CHANGE, it doesn't work. Can someone help? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("B3").Value = 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F3") = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F4").Value End Sub My second problem is that I would like my data rather than appearing in a cell, appear in a TEXT BOX. What do I do? Copying your exact same post from 3 days ago word...

VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet
I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha value and so on. i am using a Do Until value = "". What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell -- jm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48770 Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select I would not recommend this though. If you want to dele...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Re: CListViewCtrl and variable sub-item colours.
Hi All I have a CListViewCtrl using the report mode style. I wish to vary the background colours of some sub-items. Some will be displayed normal, others on a mild green background, others on a mild red background. Any ideas or examples on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Did you get an answer for this yet? The easiest way to make minor changes to controls like a list control, is to implement the "custom draw" feature (note: not owner draw, which is more complicated). See http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/lvcustomdraw.asp Regards, Mike "Larry...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Trapping Sheet selection
hello, I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects another sheet in Excel In a Class module I use Private WithEvents mWk As Excel.Workbook Sub mWk_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub Private Sub mWk_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub But so far, the event does not fire (although it does in VBA) Please help Avi avi explained on 8/11/2010 : > hello, > > I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects > anothe...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Item in account will not show in budget.
My wife's social security income will not show in budget - actual. I assign the item to an income category (wife SS) yet it will not show in the budget actual column - it stays 0. ? thanks for ant help Hald I had the same thing happen. If you just started using money or the social security income is a new addition, meaning you never have entered it into money before, or if the transaction happened before the 1st of the month it won't show up. For the last one you have to adjust the setting at the top (the drop down box) for the time period you want to view. For the others you ...

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...