Using VBA to automatically add a new date to my table?

I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a
new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365

How do I do that?

Also,
And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed
in my VWP1 username, and no records were found?

VWP1

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:23:02 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a
>new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365

>How do I do that?

Why the heck should you? What purpose would that table serve? Creating new
empty placeholder records with nothing but a date field doesn't accomplish
anything that can't be done better in other ways.

What's the context? What real life problem are you trying to solve?

If you need such a table, I'd just create it with dates from now through 2025
or so, as a one-time operation. You can actually create the data using
Insert... Fill Series in Excel and copy and paste the data into your table.
But I'd assert that you do NOT need such a table.

>Also,
>And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed
>in my VWP1 username, and no records were found?

The webpage search interface has been broken for ages. Try
http://groups.google.com and choose "advanced search".
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

HELP WITH VBA
I am trying to finish writing some simple program. My problem is that when I try and change the arguement from SELECTION CHANGE to CHANGE, it doesn't work. Can someone help? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("B3").Value = 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F3") = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F4").Value End Sub My second problem is that I would like my data rather than appearing in a cell, appear in a TEXT BOX. What do I do? Copying your exact same post from 3 days ago word...

VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet
I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha value and so on. i am using a Do Until value = "". What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell -- jm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48770 Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select I would not recommend this though. If you want to dele...

Auto Input Today's Date
I wish to create formula to automatically insert date and time for each new record created in Excel 2003/2007 database. I've tried the following in cell A6, so when I enter data into Worksheet called INPUT cell B6 , the date and time is automatically entered into A6 of the DATA worksheet, but it doesn't work: =IF(INPUT! B6>1,=NOW(),"") What am I doing wrong? I am using Data Form for user input of new data and don't want the user to input into a date field, so I have created INPUT worksheet without date and DATA worksheet with all identical fields using INPUT plus a d...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Add times, convert to number not time of day?
Okay, this should be pretty simple. 17:24:00 + 00:24:00 = 7 5:00 PM + 9:30 PM = 4.5 That's what i'm trying to achieve. A start time, a finish time, and the time it took between them. Not a clock time of 5pm + 9pm = 2am How can this be done? thanks, Benjamin i forgot, i might want to add this in. I did this: a1 - 9:30 a2 - 10:00 a3 = a2-a1 the result is .02 ??? =MOD(B1-A1,1) format as hh:mm or [h]:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "spezticle" <spezticle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7093FF53-BA3B-4003-B4D3-65941455C6FB@microsoft.com... >...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

how to set automatic reply on vocation
In Outlook Express it was easy to set up an automatic reply during vocation time. Now in Win 7 and Windows Live mail, I could not find this option... May someone please tell me where it is, if it is available... -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida OE did not have a vacation reply function. Windows Live Mail is no different in that regard. You could set up a message rule to accomplish that, but it is not recommended because you'd have to leave the PC on 24/7, and any power interruption or Windows Update or error would cause that to malfunction. A better solution is to use ...

CRM 4
How to add Navigation controls in Accounts, Contacts and Activities CRM 4.0 forms. Requirement is, have to customize CRM forms to provide navigation controls (First, Previous, Next & Last) in the above mentioned forms. Is there any Webservices or any other possible ways to provide these functionalities? Try this blog post by the people at CWR Mobility: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2005/12/adding-nextprevious-buttons-to-entity.html Should work for everything but Activities. -- MD "Ajai" wrote: > How to add Navigation controls in Accounts, Contacts and Activit...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

Forecasting add-ins
I'm looking for add-ins for time series analysis: ARIMA, Box-Jenkins, etc. Forcastx is way beyond my budget. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks Steve ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...

New Implementation
We have a Quickbooks client with existing scheduled payments. We need to load them into the new implementation of GP. Issue 1: This is not a NEW scheduled payment so we need to find out if there is a way to load existing payment routines that don't START with a posting in A/P but still post to AP each month going forward. Issue 2: Since it is not a new scheduled payment we need a way for the load to include the 'right' way for the system to calculate interest/principal portions of the monthly payment AS IF the full loan were loaded. Example: If this were an initial load...

Allow temporarily use of right click