Using Access to open a file on PC at a scheduled time

I have an excel file that takes a while to load. I'd like to have a form open
that has code top open this file at 7 AM. Task Scheduler for windows won't
work. Anyone have a code they would suggest?

i am trying to run a exe at 6am, the scheduler doesn't run....it does run if
someone/myself is logged in to computer.....but i want to run it
automatically in the morning by itself....

any hint or advise ?

thanks

"dbouton" wrote:

> It requests a network password. When I enter it, it fails. I don't know. It
> doesnt seem relevant though.
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > Why will the task scheduler not work?
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "dbouton" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an excel file that takes a while to load. I'd like to have a form open
> > > that has code top open this file at 7 AM. Task Scheduler for windows won't
> > > work. Anyone have a code they would suggest?

Excel slow to open a book, but fast empty
Cheers! My Excel 2002 has been working fine, but lately has got a problem: it is very, very slow when opening an xls file by clicking it. It is fast as it should when I open it empty from the start menu. If I create the simplest possible book by just typing something in one cell and saving it, opening it is still slow. Perhaps this format is easier: 0. Excel has been working as it should. 1. Fast when running from start menu, opening an empty book. 2. Slow when clicking an xls file, independent of book complexity. Excel comes up with a transparent main window, but with everything else visi...

Creating a link to open an application...
We have an Access 2000 application that we wna to have automatically generate emails to users. In the body of this email, it would be nice if we could provide a link the user can click on which would then open up the Access application (the user may or may not have the application open at the time), and possibly bring up the record in question they want to be viewing ( a cust service job#). The email notifies the user there is a customer service related issue they need to look into. Each cust service issue is assigned a number, so if we could somehow pass the job# to the Access app from the ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.
Can this be done either in text or XML? ...

using forms

XmlTextReader and 2GB file limit
Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger than 2GB? I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package restrictions. Best wishes, Hugh McFadden hugh.mcfadden@visiongain.com Hugh McFadden wrote: > Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger > than 2GB? I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version > with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package > restrictions. Sorry for lame qu...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Excel Display Errors in file
I have several excell 2000 documents that when opened, the first sheet in the workbook will display most of the data at around a size 72 font that will not show in the cell. All the other sheets in this workbook are fine. This also effects the column and row headings (A B C, 1 2 3). If I go to View > Zoom and zoom from the default of 75% to anything else, it fixes the problem. I can then zoom back to 75% and everything still looks fine. (Including row and column headings) The next time I open the file, the first sheet is still messed up. I have tried saving to web page and...

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

System Files
Hello, I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I am trying to create a bootable cd. Please advise. -- Mike Jessica@aol.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I > am trying to create a bootable cd. > > Please advise. First of all, I'll have to admit, I've never made a bootable CD from scratch myself. These are just a few bits and pieces I've noticed along the way. It is not simply a matter of "throwing" some files onto a CD. http...

Permission for users to view/access GP 10 Business Portal
I need to know how to grant permissions for a user group to access/view/read all content of BP installed in a MOSS 2007 I created a group called "Dynamics BP User Group I" in Sharepoint web application (http://webportal - top level) All users in this group can access http://webportal OK Then I granted this group "READ - Can view only" access to BP site http://webportal/BP They got "an unexpected error occured" in return. Where else do I have to look into to give them the proper access? Thanks Bill ...

My Schedule: Am I dreaming?
First, I'm sorry to have written a novel. But from what I've seen so far I guess the planning stages are the most important, and if someone can offer assistance, they need as much information as possible. I want to create a schedule that automatically updates information in a table based on information from various worksheets. Curently, this is all done by hand for all grades and classes. Basic info: My school has class 22 day a month; Monday through Friday and the 2nd and 4th Saturday. Each weekday has six periods, Saturdays have four. There are three different grad...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Snapshot Viewer will not open .snp file
We have a client that sends us .snp files as email attachments. We have Office 2007 installed on new Windows XP PCs. We have the Snapshot Viewer installed. When we attempt to open an .snp file, either from email or after saving attachment to the desktop, all we get is a blank Snapshot Viewer window. If we re-install the Shapshot Viewer we can then open one .snp file and then it reverts back to opening with a blank viewer window for subsequent ..snp files that are opened. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Susie Install a different Printer Driver for the workstations exhibiting ...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Sending a message at a later time
I would like to know how I could send my messges at a later time. How would I go by doing so. 1.. On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard, and then click New. 2.. In the Which type of rule do you want to create list, click Check messages after sending, and then click Next. 3.. Click Next to have this rule apply to all messages, or, if you want to limit the messages that the rule applies to, in the Which condition(s) do you want to check list, select any options you want. 4.. In the What do you want to do with the message list, select defer delivery by a number of minutes. (Deliver...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data