Updating two two tables based upon the response to questions in a subform

Me again.
I'm trying to populate two tables based upon the results to questions on a
subform.

I have a form and one subform. The subform has a variable number of questions
related to the form. Each question is limited to either "Pass", "Fail", or
"N/A".

If the user should select "Fail" on a question, I want to add a record to a
table called "tblCARs" and a record to a table called "tbl CARLineItems".
However, for every subsequent "Fail" response I want (need) to only add a
record to the table "tblCARLineItems". The two tables ("tblCAR's" and
tblCARLineItems) are linked by an AuoNumber field (CARNumber) in the table
"tblCARs"

If the following code is the right way to do it (and I'm not really sure),
then I want to somehow process the first section of code once and the second
section of code for each "Fail" response.

Thanks for your help.

'Add CARNumber to tblCARs for any one "Fail" response
'   Set db = CurrentDb()
'   Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblCARs")
'       rs.AddNew
'       rs![AuditNumber] = Me!AuditNumber
'       rs![IssueDate] = Date()
'   rs.Update
'   rs.Close:   Set rs = Nothing
'   Set db = Nothing
'
'MaxCAR = DMax("[CARNumber]", "tblCARs")
'
'Add record to CARLineItems for each "Fail" response
'L = 1
'   Set db = CurrentDb()
'   Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblCARLineItems")
'       rs.AddNew
'       rs![CARNumber] = MaxCAR
'       rs![LineItemNumber] = L
'       rs![QuestionNumber] = Me!QuestionNumber
'   rs.Update
'   rs.Close:   Set rs = Nothing
'   Set db = Nothing
'L = L + 1
'

al416

I would put a hidden unbound field on the main form that is set to null any
time a new main record is brought up.  Then when a subform record get set to
"Fail", check this hidden field.  If it is null, then add the new tblCARS
record, and pull the new CARNumber into the hidden field.  Then add your
tblCARLineItems record, using the CARNumber from the hidden field.   If a
subform record gets set to "Fail" and there is already a CARNumber in the
hidden field, then you just insert the new tblCARLineItems record.

Remember to reset the hidden field to NULL whenever a new set of questions
for the next car will come up.

--
Daryl S

"al416 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Me again.
> I'm trying to populate two tables based upon the results to questions on a
> subform.
>
> I have a form and one subform. The subform has a variable number of questions
> related to the form. Each question is limited to either "Pass", "Fail", or
> "N/A".
>
> If the user should select "Fail" on a question, I want to add a record to a
> table called "tblCARs" and a record to a table called "tbl CARLineItems".
> However, for every subsequent "Fail" response I want (need) to only add a
> record to the table "tblCARLineItems". The two tables ("tblCAR's" and
> tblCARLineItems) are linked by an AuoNumber field (CARNumber) in the table
> "tblCARs"
>
> If the following code is the right way to do it (and I'm not really sure),
> then I want to somehow process the first section of code once and the second
> section of code for each "Fail" response.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> 'Add CARNumber to tblCARs for any one "Fail" response
> '   Set db = CurrentDb()
> '   Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblCARs")
> '       rs.AddNew
> '       rs![AuditNumber] = Me!AuditNumber
> '       rs![IssueDate] = Date()
> '   rs.Update
> '   rs.Close:   Set rs = Nothing
> '   Set db = Nothing
> '
> 'MaxCAR = DMax("[CARNumber]", "tblCARs")
> '
> 'Add record to CARLineItems for each "Fail" response
> 'L = 1
> '   Set db = CurrentDb()
> '   Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblCARLineItems")
> '       rs.AddNew
> '       rs![CARNumber] = MaxCAR
> '       rs![LineItemNumber] = L
> '       rs![QuestionNumber] = Me!QuestionNumber
> '   rs.Update
> '   rs.Close:   Set rs = Nothing
> '   Set db = Nothing
> 'L = L + 1
> '

> .

Two different outlook programs on my desktop?
Can I have two different outlook mail programs running on my desktop using two different servers (Xplornet-satelight system, and Sympatico-dialup)? If I can, do I have to download the second Outlook, or how do I get another blank Outlook to start from scratch with for my new email address? My husband and I need two different accounts and would like to have both using Outlook. If this means anything, I am using Vista. Would it work if I switch to another user name/profile when I log onto my computer? That would be very easy then... Thanks, Ann -- gouligann no, yo...

HELP: directory question
Thisw may be off topic. Sorry if it is. I've got an application, and it gets installed to a particular directory (they choose) on a users computer. How do I find out what this directory is at runtime? I want them to install a license file, and then my application check the values in the license file at runtime. Problem is, the directory could be different for each user. Hamish Dean >-----Original Message----- >Thisw may be off topic. Sorry if it is. > >I've got an application, and it gets installed to a particular directory >(they choose) on a users computer. How ...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

Problem with Script Updating

Technical Question
Hi all I have a main server with some agents which each agent acts like a server. in each agent SqlServer is installed. How can I integrate all agents's data into main server. I know a solution is to merge them. Is there a better way to merge them ?? thanks in advance pers What is the vesrion of SQL Server are you using? "pers" <rezarms@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ugfM8bhrKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all > I have a main server with some agents which each agent acts like a > server. > in each agent SqlServer is installed. ...

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Excel 2010 Slicer Connection / Pivot Table Problem
Working in Excel 2010 beta. I have two pivot tables created from different SSAS cubes. I have PowerPivot add in installed, but not using it for this project. The two pivot tables both share several similar dimensions. When I try to connect a given slicer to both pivot tables, the 2nd pivot table is not available in the "Pivot Table Connections" window. The only pivot table listed in the "Pivot Table Connections" is the one for which the slicer was originally created. All of the posts I've seen so far say that all the pivot tables in the workbook should appear...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Copy and Paste based on criteria
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if address = get new address from page 2. HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10 Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc 883 Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRES...

Question on Passwords
Why does Outlook 2007 keep asking me to enter my password for my email accounts? I enter them, check to save and the windows pops up again asking me to enter it again. I tried changing the passwords under account settings and it still dies it. This just started happening and I don't know how to get Outlook to save these passwords and quit asking me for them. Thanks Pat "patetc" <PatETC@gmail.com> wrote in message news:faf26217-b238-456f-a881-61ec5eb59d21@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Why does Outlook 2007 keep asking me to enter my password for my email > ...

Adding two fields together
Does anyone have a solution how can I manage the following: Basic setup: Custom entity with many nvarchar attributes. I created a custom view and selected a filter and the fields I want to have. (I need to export those to Excel-sheet) The problem is that lets say I have attributes A and B, which are ofcourse shown as different fields in the view. What I want is to have them in the same cell in Excel (when I do export) and not in two different columns. Is there any easy way to achieve this without touching the entity itself? (or do I have to create a custom attribute C and some java script On...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Multiple Pivot Tables?
Am I able to have two different pivot tables in the same worksheet? What I am doing is I made a timesheet and we have one pivot table that counts up the Service Type and sums the Time. I now want a separate pivot table that will give me the Job Number and the total time associated with that particular job. I can't seem to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU! ...

Searching database for name of table or parts thereof?
Hi there, I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can be difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables for a table name or parts thereof. How can I do that? I looked for it, but could not come up with an approach. Thank you for your help. On Mar 3, 4:14=A0pm, FSPH <F...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can b= e > difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables f= or > a table name or parts thereof. http://databases.aspfa...