I'm using Access 2003.

I have a form with a tab control on it.  I was having problems with labels
flashing and I followed the suggesting from Allen Browne -
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-46.html.

The flashing went away but now when a msgbox is displayed the unattached
textboxes that I'm using as labels disappear.  They come back as soon as the
msgbox is removed from the screen.

I've searched google looking for an answer but have come up short.

Does anyone know why I'm experiencing this behavior and how to make it go
away?

Thanks,

Rick

0
rick

That *is* strange.  Have you tried selecting the label/textbox and then
Format>Bring to Front?

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

How do I copy footer setup from one tap to many tabs?
I have a very specific footer setup on one tab of a worksheet. I would like to copy that footer setup to other tabs (more than 30) without having to reenter it on each worksheet. Can it be done? make you special sheet the first in the tab order of all 30 sheets. Select the special sheet. Hold down the shift key and select the 30th sheet. View = Header and Footer then select your footer and click OK right click on the sheet tab and select ungroup sheets and all sheets should have the footer -- Regards, tom Ogilvy "jeff matt" <jeff matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Dynamically Adding Textbox To Frame
How do I add a textbox control to a frame object (declared as OLEObject) in vba code behind a worksheet? For example, I have tried the following that doesn't work... Dim objFrame As OleObject Set objFrame = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Frame.1") With objFrame .Object.Controls.Add ClassType:="Forms.Textbox.1" End With ...

scrollbar disappears when you adjust window size
When typing a new message in outlook 2003 the bottom of the scrollbar will disappear if you shrink the window down very far. If you you don't expand the window back out you cant scroll through your whole email message. I don't know if this is just a normal outlook thing but i've never seen it happen on any other window's program before. ...

New Tabs open Randomly
I am running XP Home (SP3) In the last few days I have had new tabs open randomly under my open tab. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to prevent it? Thank you. ...

Images display incorrectly as preview
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm experiencing a frustrating problem with images in MS Word. My colleague sends me Word documents images produced in Kaleidagraph that I think are .tiff or .png. On my screen, the image box size is correct, but the image itself appears as a tiny preview-sized low-resolution reproduction in the upper-left corner of the box. The same thing happens if I try to print or save as a PDF. If I right-click the image, Word refers to it as an &quot;unknown object&quot;. <br> I have no trouble with imag...

Display the Date not Week Number
Basic question (I hope). I have a report that groups meetings by week - currently the group header uses this: =Format$([MeetingDate],"ww",0,0) Naturally what you see on the report is the week number (like 44, 45, etc..). What I want dsiplayed is "Week Starting 11/4/2007" "Week Starting 11/11/2007" and so on... What do I need to do in order to accomplish this? Peter wrote: >Basic question (I hope). I have a report that groups meetings by week - >currently the group header uses this: >=Format$([MeetingDate],"ww",0,0) >Naturally what you ...

Disappearing C
We use Excel 2002. It's been working beautifully. Today, when we type the letter "c" as the only entry in a cell, it disappears after we go to the next cell. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch. Hi Stacey! You may want to check the ff: Tools>AutoCorrect Options... in the Replace-With portion, verify if C is equivalent to (space). Scroll down to see additional entries as necessary. If C is indeed equivalent to (space) or blank, press DELETE then OK. Hope this helps! -- Thanks and kind regards "Stacey" wrote: > We use Excel 2002. It's been working ...

Navigational Links Disappear When I Hover Over Them!
I am having a problem on only ONE (1) computer, which is a Desktop PC and is updated with the most recent updates from MS Windows/IE 8. I have designed a websites using Spry Menus. When viewing this website on several computers, it appears to working perfectly on all computers, except for this one computer... When you hover over one of the Navigational Text Links, the remaining Nav Links disappear (this should NOT be happening!). When tested in every other browser or any other computer (including Internet Explorer on these other computers) it seems to work as it should - the ...

Initializing Calendar Control to show current month?
I wrote a very simple Excel sheet to automate printing out weekly timesheets with default data for each worker (Name, employee number, contract or task orders, etc.). It includes a Calendar Control so the supervisor can simply click on the work week end date (always a Friday) and print out timesheets (for everyone or a selected few) in the workgroup with customized data for each worker with a few clicks. No data is entered by the Supervisor --- it is simply pick date (click on Calendar), pick workers (select sheet tabs with their names), and print time sheets (click on text box to executes a...

How do I correct formula display errors?
I use Word 2003, and recently formulas created by my professor do not display properly on my laptop. For instance, the ampersand symbol seems to appear where some superscripting or ' characters should be. What is the problem and solution? Hello Brian brian wrote: > I use Word 2003, and recently formulas created by my professor do not display > properly on my laptop. For instance, the ampersand symbol seems to appear > where some superscripting or ' characters should be. What is the problem and > solution? what version of Word has your professor been...

Unused vars and unattached codes
Is there perhaps an easy way to detect unused and therefore superfluous variables in code. Is is also possible to detect code of which the objects are not existing anymore? Thanks, Lars On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:44:55 +0100, "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote: No easy way. FMS (www.fmsinc.com) sells a tool that can do this. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Is there perhaps an easy way to detect unused and therefore superfluous >variables in code. Is is also possible to detect code of which the objects >are not existing anymore? > >Th...

stock control spreadsheet
Does anyone know where i can get a stock control spreadsheet from? are there any online at all, preferably free.. Thanks Max, Have a look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx?pid=CL100632981033 Mike -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''s razor (Abbrev) "Max" wrote: > Does anyone know where i can get a stock control spreadsheet from? are there > any online at all, preferably free.. ...

Create summary tab of last entry/row on all tabs in workbook
I am tracking projects in a workbook. I have a tab/worksheet for each project. For a weekly status meeting I create a spreadsheet that has the last entry/row from each tab. Is there a way to program so I do not have to copy/paste from each tab each week? I do add and delete tabs/projects from time to time. PS- not very adept at the technical details so need to respond to me in simple terms : ) You might want to submit your question to an Excel NG since I don't see anything in your question regarding MS Access. IMHO, I would move the workbooks to an Access database rather than...

Loop through textbox controls
Is there a way to loop through all TextBox controls of a FormView and blank them out? Thanks. David David C wrote: > Is there a way to loop through all TextBox controls of a FormView and blank > them out? Thanks. > > David > Yes, you can loop through all the controls on the Web from, check what type of UI control object it is, and address the properties of the UI control object. ctrl.Text = "" if the control has a Text property, as an example. http://dotnetcoderoom.wordpress.com/2009/03/07/traverse-loop-through-all-form-controls-in...

Which control has focus?
Hello, Is there a way to detect which control on a form has the focus? Thank you and God Bless, Mark A. Sam "Mark A. Sam" <NotTelling@bbbbbbbbbbbbb.com> wrote in message news:uFMlw$gnHHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a way to detect which control on a form has the focus? > > Thank you and God Bless, > > Mark A. Sam > Hi Mark, You can use Screen.ActiveControl HTH SteveC Screen.ActiveControl returns a reference to the actual control: Screen.ActiveControl.Name will return its name. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP...

Attached template, ... how to unattach?
Hi All, Somehow I have set my outlook to attach "MyPersonalTemplate" to all my emails and I cannot figure out how to return it to where it doesn't. I've tried Tools/Attach Templates and typed in Normal and saved same, but it keeps happening. Help will be appreciated. :) Gil fyi, I found a work around answer, ... I just attach another template that doesn't interfere but I couldn't get it to attach Normal.dot. :) "gils usenet acct" <gil400@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:uQG8dQRLGHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Som...

OL2003 can't display custom forms from OL2002
I had a bunch of custom forms I used in OL2002. I upgraded to OL2003, and they all seemed to work ok. I added Business Contact Manager, still worked fine. Removed BCM, and now none of the custom forms work. Any ideas? Cleared the forms cache - that worked. "jg70124" <jg70124 at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uwFL$qvqDHA.2964@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I had a bunch of custom forms I used in OL2002. > > I upgraded to OL2003, and they all seemed to work ok. > > I added Business Contact Manager, still worked fine. > > Removed BCM, and now none of the...

textbox controlsource Left and Right expression
Hi, I have in my table a field which contains values like '107/000001'. I trying to split up this value into two textboxes using the left and right expression in the control source. textBox1.controlSource : '=Left(Loans!LoanId; 4)' textBox2.controlSource : '=Right(Loans!LoanId; 6)' When displaying the form I get this as content of the textboxes '#Name?' Does anyone know why? Do you actually have those quotes around the expressions? If so, get rid of them. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "pedro&qu...

Printer list disappears
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01CAE9DC.2B385730 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Periodically all of my printers disappear from the Printer list. When = it occurs, I become aware of the problem because I can't print and = receive no warning. I am assuming that the service stops because = restarting the computer fixes the problem. Any help in permanently = fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01CAE9DC.2B385730 Content-Type: te...

PK and FK Displayed

CPropertySheet Wizard
Hi all. I'm using CPropertySheetEx and CPropertySheetEx as the base classes for a handful of wizards I've created (VC++6). I've been unable to cure a peculiar tabbing problem on pages that contain one or more custom ActiveX controls. I AM able to tab in and out of ActiveX controls themselves by having overridden PreTranslateMessage in my CMyWizardPage class (without this it wouldn't work): BOOL CMyWizardPage::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) { return ((pMsg->message == WM_KEYDOWN) && (pMsg->wParam == VK_TAB)) ? PreTranslateInput(pMsg) : CPropertyPageEx::...

Textbox question
How do I get people only to put numbers into a textbox. If a letter is hit by accident how do I get a message to say only number can be inputted. Thanks ...

How to resize custom control
Hello, I have got a dialog with a custom control, which I would like to resize dynamically. I tried MoveWindow and it does not work somehow. Does anyone know how to do this? A special property has to be assigned in the resource editor? Cheers Pshemek przemyslaw.sliwa@gazeta.pl wrote: > Hello, > > I have got a dialog with a custom control, which I would like to > resize dynamically. I tried MoveWindow and it does not work somehow. > Does anyone know how to do this? A special property has to be assigned > in the resource editor? Pshemek: You should be able to resize any ...

How to make a tab read only
Hello Guys, I know how to make tabs diabled, but how do I make it read only? I"m assuming that you are looking at making all the fields on the tab read-only? If that's the case you can do that within the UI. Just open the Form in the Customization section of CRM, then open each field on the form and check the Read-Only checkbox. You can also do this with JavaScript in the Form's OnLoad() event. "e" wrote: > Hello Guys, > > I know how to make tabs diabled, but how do I make it read only? ...

Serial number display
Serial numbers on transaction screens (Inventory adjustment, Inventory transfer, Sales Order fulfillment, etc.) should be displayed in serial number sequence. It is extremely cumbersome to scroll through serial numbers as is when they are displayed by date entered, rather than by serial number. Also once you find and select a serial number the cursor should move to the next serial number in sequence, not back to the start of the list. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for t...