Trapping errors

How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error  messages and ignores
them?
See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message
Thanks
Tony

0
Tony

Take a look at what Allen Browne has at
http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
> How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error  messages and ignores
> them?
> See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message
> Thanks
> Tony

0
Douglas
7/23/2007 7:14:34 PM
Thanks for that. The error is something to do with "Automation" which I
don't understand. It doesn't seem to affect the running of the database
though?
Cheers
Tony
"RDunlap" <RDunlap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Use "On Error" and "Resume Next".
>
> If you are wanting to ignore just a specific error, make sure you check
> for
> that particular error number before just ignoring it.
>
> The better solution would be to fix whatever is causing the original error
> if possible.
>
> "Tony Williams" wrote:
>
>> How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error  messages and ignores
>> them?
>> See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony
7/24/2007 10:14:35 AM
Thanks Douglas
Tony
> Take a look at what Allen Browne has at
> http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error  messages and ignores
>> them?
>> See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony

VLookup VBA error trapping
Can anyone tell me how to modify this formula to trap errors? I tried wrapping it in IsError (code) Then...but it doesn't work. Public Sub RunMeNow() Dim i As Long Dim iLastRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet2") iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 3 To iLastRow 'iLastRow to 1 Step -1 .Cells(i, "B").Value = Application.VLookup( _ .Cells(i, "A").Value, Range("RegionGrouping"), 2, False) Next i End With End Sub Or any other way I can handle an error with this type of pr...

MSCRM Exchange Router install Error
When I attempt to install the MSCRM 1.2 Exchange Router, I receive the error: "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privilages on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again." - The login used is in the domain admin and local machine administrators - I'm installing the CRM Exchange router on a SBS2003 server with a fully functioning Exchange server - The name of my crm server is CRM1 - The website name is crm.company.com - CRM is not installed into the default website (CRM12) - I have hos...

Unexpected Error
Hi there, For some unexpected situation one of my Exchange 2003 servers services stop yesterday. I visit the Microsoft site to look for the event log and can find a source of information. I’m running Windows 2003 Standard Edition, SP with Exchange 2003 Advance Edition with SP 2. Here is the event id I’m receiving: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 1005 Date: 9/5/2006 Time: 4:10:16 PM User: N/A Computer: ESD1MXOLYMB02 Description: Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchang...

trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL
Hi there, I'm trying to trap the LVN_ENDSCROLL notification in my parent, but don't seem to get it. Here's what I have. In my parent's header: void OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult); In the source: void CSKListCtrl::OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { Invalidate(); UpdateWindow(); *pResult = 0; } In the message map: ON_NOTIFY(LVN_ENDSCROLL, WM_QUICKLIST, OnLvnEndScroll) where WM_QUICKLIST is mapped to my child's ID. What am I doing wrong? Thank you. Well since I couldn't find a way of trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL, I just used the HSCROL...

Error Code 80070426
Anyone know how to fix this or what it means? I have Vista. Windows keeps telling me I should update, but this error will pop up and said that it is unable to update. Thanks 0x80070426 - ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE Translation: One or more of the services Automatic Updates needs to do its job is not active (running; enabled). This is most frequently due to a hijackware infection. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(anoth...

Trapping errors
How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error messages and ignores them? See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message Thanks Tony Take a look at what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:uWKdkqVzHHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error messages and ignores > them? > See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message > Thanks >...

Outlook 2000 error upon Exit
HI I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. Anyone ever seen this error before ? (See attachment) "Dave Warren" <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote in message news:u6j1o1diaaq45r8m0f2j512ssnbf7oiuvg@4ax.com... > HI > > I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I > tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. > > Anyone ever seen this error before ? > > (See attachment) Try a detect and repair (from the help me...

Ambiguous column error
We just updated to 2.0. We have a couple of SQL querries that we run weekly. The first time running the querries, I'm getting the following error: An error occurred while executing query: Ambiguous column name 'SubDescription1'. Has anyone else seen this? We use SubDescription1 for our sizes . We don't use SubDescription2 or 3. We also get this error when we run DRS Powerops. Here's the smaller querry that we run that generates the error: --1. These items need to be manually updated as the resulting ILC would exceed the max characters: SELECT Item.ItemLookupCod...

Error Synchronizing Account Records
Hi together I encount the following problem while going offline with Microsoft CRM 3.0: I cannot take my accounts offline, the error description sais: "Failed move data for entity "account" during action salnsert, countRows:93. Contact your system administrator for assistance and try going offline again" Well, since I am the system administrator (and I have no idea) and try going offline again does not seem to work even if I filter my account differently does not seem to make a difference, the only way I can go offline is when I disable the accounts from the local data. S...

Trapping for keystrokes...
Is there a way I can write a little program that will trap the keyboard and save whatever is being typed to a file? In other words, I need to write something that will run in the background but will be able to know whatever is typed on the keyboard and then save those keystrokes to a file on the hard drive. Thanks, Fred A keyboard hook. joe On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:41:26 GMT, "sftwrdvlpr" <bogus@news.com> wrote: >Is there a way I can write a little program that will trap the keyboard and >save whatever is being typed to a file? In other words, I need to write &g...

Error Handling Problem
Why isn't this catching the error that the file is too big to display. (2114 <database name> doesn't support the format of the file <file name here> or is too large...) Thanks in advance. On Error GoTo Err_CallDisplayImage Me!txtImageNote = DisplayImage(Me!ImageFrame, Me!txtImageName) Exit_CallDisplayImage: Exit Sub Err_CallDisplayImage: Me!txtImageNote = DisplayImage(Me!ImageFrame, Me!TooBigText) > > On Error GoTo Err_CallDisplayImage ****This line is never triggered on the file too big error. It always goes to the line below. *** > > Me!txtImag...

error 404 'You are not authorized to view this page
Urgent help needed. A client with an old Windows 2000 server and Exchange 5.5 HD was full, so I added a 100GB IDE drive and moved the exchange private and public stores to the new Drive. All looked OK, but today I found out that users who use OWA can not access the exchange. I was told that they were never able to access the Exchange with OWA internally, but users out of the office had no problems. Users who are connecting to the exchange with Outlook are getting and sending emails and the exchange works fine. (It used to crash Daily). The only issue is OWA from remote users. The error message...

Server Error when trying to access System Settings
When I click System Settings under "Organization Settings" in MS CRM 3.0, I get the following response: --- Error An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. The Debug screen shows: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about th...

Money Updates error
I am getting the same error a few others have mentioned, when using Internet Update on Money 2004 Deluxe. My bank accounts and news update fine, but I get the following error under Money Updates: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If problem persists, reinstall Money from your original disks." Like others who tried, reinstalling doesn't help. Clearing the cache didn't help for me. Has anyone heard anything more from Microsoft? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Peter wrote: >I am getting the same error a few others have mentio...

Excel 2003 Error
When I enter data into a cell, and move over with the arrow keys to another cell, Excel creates a random formula in the place of the entered data. Use Enter key or Tab to complete the data entry operation for the cell. silentspeed wrote: > When I enter data into a cell, and move over with the arrow keys to another > cell, Excel creates a random formula in the place of the entered data. ...

Syntx error
I am getting a syntax error message in the following, any suggestions strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = "action complete"" Thanks Dave <maceslin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8c58e9-2dec-4ef2-981d-2ce540fd9c23@u69g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I am getting a syntax error message in the following, any suggestions > > strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = "action > complete"" > > Thanks > Dave Try: strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = 'action compl...

Error posting messages
When I post a message to this group and select the "Notify me of replies" checkbox, it states that it failed to post the message and oparations has been notified. But, I just noticed that my message does post and now I have posted duplicates. Sorry about that. ...

Error 941
I installed RMS Manager, POS, and Administrator onto the server (SBS 2003) so that the Manager reports could be accessed remotley via RDP. When I load up manager on the Server I receive the Error 941 License Devise that was previously on the machine is not.... The license is for two lanes and the two registers that run in the front work fine and without any errors. I looked at the driver settings on the server and there is no entry for the serial dongle device on the back of the cash register that starts POS each day. I restarted all of the computers including the server and started P...

output.c error in multithreaded program
Hi, My multithreaded program is occasionally crashing. I tend to get several types of crashes (I think) as the call stack often looks different and I'm finding them a real pain to track down Anyway the "current" one crashes in output.c. When I look at the file description it states **** DOESN'T CURRENTLY DO MTHREAD LOCKING **** So, how do I get around this? I'm not sure where output.c is called in my program - this is the earliest entry on the call stack (it goes from top to bottom earliest bottom right?) Anyway most of the other entries are for ntdll.dll which I ca...

Sending and receiving error 0x800ccc97
Office XP Windows XP Pro SP1--nearly all latest updates Dell laptop Outlook had been working like a champ for months with no problems. Worked from home using wireless LAN and broadband, worked at work using docking station on T1. Last week I was away from home and tried to connect from a remote location with broadband. Their ISP blocks SMTP access other than to their own server so I used the webmail interface on our domain. Since getting back home, I get "Unknown error: 0x800ccc97" on my sending and receiving task in Outlook XP. The server is a POP3 server and when I use the sa...

2007 Run Time Error R6025
I just installed Money 2007 Premium. The program converted my 2006 data file and now whenever I start the program, it brings up my home page, you can see the internet being accessed, and then I get the R6025 run time error dialogue after about 20 seconds, which then closes the program. This happened before in 2006 after it would do an online update of my account information (it just started after I'd used 2006 for 8 months without that problem), but I could reopen and it would work fine. None of the previous fixes under 2006 ever fixed this problem and I was hoping that 2007 would reso...

Macro error?
Whenever I open Worrd 2007, I seem to get this message: Sub MAin() AutoExec.MAIN Macro Executes when Word for Windows is loaded. End Sub and a box which says: Compile error: Expected End Sub How can I get rid of this? Thanks I have worked this out myself and corrected it. Thanks "Mishlab" wrote: > Whenever I open Worrd 2007, I seem to get this message: > > Sub MAin() > > AutoExec.MAIN Macro > Executes when Word for Windows is loaded. > > End Sub > > and a box which says: > Compile error: > Expected ...

Crystal Enterprise change password error
I just installed MSDN version of Microsoft CRM 1.2. I get this error when changing the password for Crystal Enterprise from the default <blank> value. "Unable to change password. Error returned is: This is an unprecedented token. The expected token is 'QUOTE'. Line 3 Positon 18" Also, I get this error when accessing reports section in CRM: "Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to communicate with crystallogon.csp" The licenses issue was resolv...

Trapping a value to use in my form
I am quite new to this and need some help. I have a form with a record source of a query. In the query I have the criteria set to ask the user a question in a popup box which searches a table for that input which is then reported back to the form to view EmployeeNumberQuery is as follows: Field: Employee Table: Employee_Number Criteria: [Enter the Employee Number] <-this is the value I want to capture and display in the form This query also has other fields that are reported back to the form that match the entered value The Employee_Listing_Table is as follows: Form Hea...

"Rules in error" message in Outlook
I will get right to it. Outlook XP Pro. Service pack 2. No viruses no spyware. Running on a company network. Every time I open up Outlook I get this message "Rules in error" - "Server requested client action" - "Error - movecopy, unable to create dest msg." I had numerous rules running, I then removed all rules, installed Outlook on a different machine, but when I logged in again I get the same error message. This doesn't happen for another end user who logs into the machine under his profile. Heeeeelp. I am desperate!! ...