Transferring option group value

I'm trying to create a form for adding new  record only.
How to do that ?. In that from,I want to put an option
button ( group ) to shown or hide some text box ( control )
in my forms.But I also want to transferr the option group value
to a field once the form close or the Save_cmd is clicked.
Then in another qury I need to join the value transferred
from the option group with another table so that the data
appear as a text in another table.

Please advice how to do that since I have no idea
with coding?

0
shiro

shiro wrote:

>I'm trying to create a form for adding new  record only.
>How to do that ?. In that from,I want to put an option
>button ( group ) to shown or hide some text box ( control )
>in my forms.But I also want to transferr the option group value
>to a field once the form close or the Save_cmd is clicked.
>Then in another qury I need to join the value transferred
>from the option group with another table so that the data
>appear as a text in another table.

To force a form to only all new records, set the form's
AllowEdits and AllowDeletions properties to No.
Alternatively, you can leave those properties set to Yes and
specify acFormAdd in the OpenForm method's DataMode
argument.

The Value of the option group frame will be the OptionValue
of the selected option button.  To save that value, all you
need to do is bind the option frame to your table field.

Once you have thevalues save in the table, you can use that
field to join to another table in the usual way.

To make another control visible/invisible depending on the
selected option, use code like:
	Select Case Me.optionframe
	Case x, y, z	'values that make other control visible
		Me.othercontrol.Visible = True
	Case Else
		Me.othercontrol.Visible = False
	End Select
in both the option frame control's AfterUpdate event and in
the form's Current event.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

why dpm cannot assign protection groups to individual tape libary slots ?
using dpm 2007 32 bit. With a tape library with SINGLE drive with many each tape media in each slot, can anyone explain why each protection group cannot be *tag* to a particular slot of tape media than currently randomly select the slots ? How about dpm 2010 - does it resolves this issue ? Thanks for reaching the newsgroup for raising this issue. This scenario is in our radar for future releases of DPM. Its not yet enabled in DPM 2010. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "IT St...

Tab color change on specific value
In Excel 2007, I have a workbook with several sheets. On some of the sheets, there are timer cells i.e. columns of cells with start, duration, end (start + duration), and time_until_done (end - now). The time_until_done is conditionally formatted to highlight any that are completed, but this presumes that I have to go to each sheet and do a manual recalculation (if no automatic recalculations have been done). So I thought it would be nice if the tabs could be highlighted if they need attention. So I put the following in the code for each sheet about which I want to be notifi...

about transfer order

Send Options in Outlook 2002
I am trying to locate an option that will allow all e-mail addresses to automatically be added to my Contacts list when I reply to an e-mail. This option is in Outlook Express under "Send Option" and is worded "Automatically place people I reply to in my address book". I would like to find the same option in Outlook 2002 You'll only find this option when you install an add-in. Sperry Software has one; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Add-Email-Address.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.spar...

Outlook Send/Receive Group Error
I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312 but I think my ".SRS" file must be deleted. If I try to edit my "All Accounts" group, I get an "Operation Failed" message. I get the same message when I try to create a new group. I have searched my computer for file ending in ".SRS" but it does not find any file. Do you have any idea how to fix this problem? Turn on searching hidden/system files and search again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest viru...

Transfering messages

HR Position Transfers

Excel Graphing With Widely Divergent Values
I searched but couldn't find anythign about this problem. Here's the basic premise: I've got two dollar variables I want to graph over time. The first variable is in the $10 range over the period. The second variable is in the $100,000 range. How can I adjust/concatenate/whatever the scale so that I can meaningfully display the two variables on one graph? Right now, I end up with two straight lines separated by acres of blank space. Thanks! Select the custom chart type, "Line - Column on 2 Axes". I'd already done that, but had hoped there was a way to adjust...

Quantity Shortage Option
We are using GP 8.0 SP2. When on of this one user goes an enter a sales order for an item we know the item is on Back Order but the Sales Quantity Shortage Options does not come up. Great Plains is letting her allocate all the quantity of that item as if quantity were available. This does not happen to all the users only to this one user and it does not happen to all items that are on back orders. On the Item Maintenance Options the box is check to Allow Back Orders. In my Sales Order Processing Setup the Quantity Shortage is set to Back Order Balance. Can someone help me solve this p...

Windows Easy Transfer

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

group permissions
Users that are members of groups are unable to open other user's mailboxes. I have checked that the user is a member of the group. I have checked that the group has full mailbox rights for the mailboxes being accessed. For some reason exchange is not allowing access to the mailboxes unless I add the user to each mailbox permissions tab in AD. Any ideas? Thanks El ...

'Accept' option not functioning in Workplace module
When users attempt to move email to the 'In Progrss' folder, they are unable to do so using the 'Accept' Action - in fatc there appears to be no way of removing email from the email without deleting it. Does someone have any insights as to why email can not be move to the 'In Progree' folder using 'Accept'? ...

Unit Groups and Price Lists
Hi - trying to make sense of how I can implement the following: Products: We sell a telecoms service where we provide cheaper calls. Price Lists: We have a 3 tier tariff so we can create 3 price lists, each with charges for local, national and international destinations Unit Groups: What would thhey be ? Please help !! It's doing my head in ! Thanks, Jai On Feb 18, 4:46 pm, "Jai" <j...@airwavestelecom.co.uk> wrote: > Hi - trying to make sense of how I can implement the following: > > Products: We sell a telecoms service where we provide cheaper calls. >...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Grouping with Acc2003
Hello, I have two problems with Acc2003, it worked fine with acc97. 1) I have a report with Sorting/grouping section and I want that every group should start a new page. I set the Force New Page to Before Section. Now with acc2003 the first page is blank. (the After Section with the Keep Together doesn't work either) 2) I always use the short cut Ctrl+Brk to copy from the previous line. When I change the keyboard mode to Hebrew by pressing Alt+Shif, the form opens in Design mode. Acc97 was no problem. Abe ...

same options for multiple charts
I have monthly pie charts which are in separate sheets that are updated at the end of the month. I would like each pie slice to maintain consistency with color throughout the months. How do I go about having the same options for every single pie chart I create without having to invidiviually go in and change each chart every month? I also have a YTD pie chart which I would like to be updated every time I add data to the new month's chart. Is there a way this can be automatically updated? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!! What kind of options? What changes about the data or chart that cause...

how to split the value
Currently i have a row with this value AUDITR 0287 Location 01 Auditor ,Location 16 Auditor,Location 19 Auditor How can you insert to a table with the value like this? AUDITR 0287 Location 01 Auditor AUDITR 0287 Location 16 Auditor AUDITR 0287 Location 19 Auditor thanks Search sqlservercentral.com. There is a wonderful thread on a forum there that covers MANY options for splitting data. -- Kevin G. Boles Indicium Resources, Inc. SQL Server MVP kgboles a earthlink dt net "tulip" <tulip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CF0F02...

impossible zero value
Hi, I have e very strange experience in Excel 2002. I have unchecked the zero values in the options. In AA18 I have the following formula: =B18+C18-D18+E18-F18+G18-H18+I18-J18+K18-L18+M18-N18+O18-P18+Q18-R18+S18-T18+U18-V18+W18-X18+Y18-Z18 All the subtractions in the formula lead to zero. B18 value is zero. One would expect that the result of the formula also leads to zero. However, the value in AA18 shows 0,00. (a zero value that should not be shown.) Now when I inspect the value more precise: using more decimals or using scientific format it appears that there is a value slightly highe...

distribution groups dont show up i GAL
When I make a new distribution group, its not avalible i Globale addresslist. I can see it trough properties on tehe list, but not from a client. ?????? Are you running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? If so, changes to the GAL can take a while for the cached-mode client to see them. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ba801c48a91$203baf90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I make a new distribution group, its not avalible i > Globale addresslist. I can see it trough properties on > tehe list, but not from a client. ?????? we had one mis person who didn'...

Pivot Table showing data with blank values
In a pivot table, if I have a row field and I select field settings and deselect the "Show items with no data", does that mean that if the Data items related to that field are blank, that the field item will also be blank. If so, it doesn't happen for me. Can someone assist me with this please. Rob What you have done stops empty fields appearing. Check the box if yo *do* want them to show ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Fi...

Multiply values in one column by values in another column
Hi, I'm sure this must have been posted before but I can't seem to get my search terms accurate enough to find it. I have two columns: "Number of containers" and "Volume of container". I want to multiply these to give me the total volume of all containers: (A1*B1)+(A2*B2)+(A3*B3)... I could create this long formula manually, but I'm sure there must be a better way. Naturally, I could do this by creating a new column, multiplying each row and then adding the values in the third column but, again, I'm sure there must be a more elegant solution. Any suggestio...

Bulk Import for Picklist Value
Hi, I am trying to import a column within account that has a type as picklist. I added the mapping in picklist column to the available lov. When i import the account, it's successfully added. However when i check into the account, the picklist column has no value at all. Any workaround for this?? Thx Carrie It happens on CRM 3.0 "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to import a column within account that has a type as picklist. I > added the mapping in picklist column to the available lov. When i import the > account, it's successfully added. Howev...