Textbox Information to Subform

I have a subform that I need to contain information from a main form.  The
sub form is linked by studentID, but I also need the tardy ID, TardyID, to
populate the subDhall field txtTardyID.

I tried the AfterUpdate of TardyID with this:

Me!subDhall.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID
and
Me!subDhall.frmTardyAdd.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID

to no avail.

Anyone have any tips?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip

"Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a subform that I need to contain information from a main form.  The
> sub form is linked by studentID, but I also need the tardy ID, TardyID, to
> populate the subDhall field txtTardyID.
>
> I tried the AfterUpdate of TardyID with this:
>
> Me!subDhall.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID
> and
> Me!subDhall.frmTardyAdd.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID
>
> to no avail.
>
> Anyone have any tips?
> --
> Thanks As Always
> Rip

Try this:

    Me.subDhall.Form.txtTardyID = Me.TardyID

Carl Rapson

0
Carl

Start with no add-ons
Win7HPx64. IE8 (8.0.7600.16385) Like many posters here, I get "Not responding" from IE8 (32 or 64 bit) far too many times when starting normally. So I have resorted to using "Start with no add-ons", which solves the problem (never necessary with XPH IE7, but that's progress I guess...). But I am somewhat puzzled when using this and then clicking on "Manage add-on" from the information bar or Tools menu. After populating "Toolbars and Extensions", it is apparent that these show as in normal use. In other words, their status is as ...

TextBox lock
How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to click on it and change the value or text. Set the 'Enabled' property to FALSE -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Pas" wrote: > How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? > The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to > click on it and change the value or text. Many thanks it work...

Link Subform to Subform
Hi there I was wondering if someone could help: I have an unbound form with 2 subforms. On the unbound form, i have an unbound combo box (cmbo_name) that displays a list of names. When a name is selected, the person's details are shown on the first subform (works perfectly) what im having trouble doing is linking the first subform to the other subform so when a selection is made in subform1, it's details should appear in subform 2. Does anyone know how this can be done?? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200703/1 Hi ...

inform users of NDRs
Hello All, I would like some help on this one. I recently had a situation come up where an external sender was emailing a user internally but the email exceeded the message size limit. The sender never got an NDR (i fixed that already) and the internal user was never aware of the bounce. This caused a big problem b/w the user and their customer. So my question is, is there a way to inform the internal users of NDRs such as these when they occur? Thanks in advance, Dan On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 05:15:31 -0700, danflip <danflip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello All, > >I...

TextBox????
Sending data to "accounting"formatted column in a spreadsheet froma form,appears to enter as text(no formatting whatsoever). This is a new textbox added to an old form. I've reloaded Excel 2000. Thanks for any help. Any chance you're not sending real numbers to that cell? If your data is in C12, if you put =isnumber(c12) in another cell, what do you get? if it's not a number, then the numberformat won't do anything. If this is true, maybe you can clean up the value in the textbox. worksheets("sheet1").range("C12").value = cdbl(textbox1.valu...

Office 2007 release compatibility information
For your information: Releases 9.0 onwards will be compatible with Office 2007 Release 8.0 backwards will not be compatible with Office 2007 BP 4.0 onwards will be compatible with MOSS 2007 (Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server) BP 3.0 backwards will not be compatible with MOSS 2007 Thanks, Jonny Global Development Localisation Microsoft UK -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. But is Version 10 going to be backwards compatible with Office 2003/XP? And I would expect that BP 4.0 will ONLY be compatible with MOSS 2007, not the previous v...

Inserting value of an unbound Textbox
hi, i got a form in which a integer value (Number) is being calculated based on the unput the user is giving in the different fields, now i want to insert this data in a field in my table, when the input is saved any bright ideas? See: Calculated fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-14.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Addy" <Addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:494340EE-F995-4C6...

How to split information in a cell
:confused: I have a tip on how to Join first and last names, but how d I split information that is in a cell into other cells. I have spread sheet with over 26000 cells in a column that contains 5 words i each cell. I want to split this information into 5 seperate cells ou to the right of this column -- dcoate ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dcoates's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31490 data>text to columns>delimited>space...

Information pane in an MS Word window
Hi folks, Usually when working in word, the bottom of the window pane (grey bar) conveys standard information such as the # of pages in the document, coordinates for the cursor in the document, whether or not the "Insert" buttom is in use (symbol OVR). Thank you. This is called the "status bar" and in Word 2003 and earlier, can be toggled on and off at Tools | Options | View. In Word 2007 (and presumably 2010), it is always displayed. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Na...

Setting up Server information
I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various email account types I can use as I have an email address with yahoo and msn. -- Microsoft questioning "inevitable" <inevitable@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E8A5145-F746-40B1-B40F-48AD423E816E@microsoft.com... >I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server > information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various > email > account types I can use as I have an ema...

textbox on the screen
is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will not go off the screen even if you scroll down or to the right? -- rp Hi Rp The formula bar will always display ythe content of the active cell. Floating objects are either modeless userforms or custom toolbars. Both can be told to do what you want, but it requires some programming. HTH. Best wishes Harald "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> skrev i melding news:%23CK2xxgpEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will > not go off t...

TextBox Keydown
Hi, Everytime I double the textbox in design screen, it will direct me to the TextChanged method. I need to add the code myself in the .cs file (like below 1) and .Designer.cs file (like below 2) for other like Keydown. 1: private void txtInvoice_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e) { } 2: this.txtCartonID.KeyDown += new System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventHandler(this.txtCartonID_KeyDown); Is there any other way to add the code? You can select your textbox in the designer, then press F4 to open properties window. In the properties window you can click on the Events but...

backup outlook 2003 information to a cd
i am looking for help transfering my outlook 2003 information to a disc. I carry a lap top and want to load my information from the office computer too the lap top. I have got to the area where i exported the information to a pst file but dont where to go from there? Now just import the PST file from the other computer. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "eagle999" <eagle999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1D50A3B-AA27-4BFF-8AF0-66B58B4E7917@microsoft.com...

Set Textbox BorderStyle to None Dynamically in 2008
The line below marked with * is not valid in vb.net 2008; how do I set the border dynamically? Dim cControl As Control For Each cControl In Me.Controls If (TypeOf cControl Is TextBox) Then cControl.BackColor = Color.White cControl.BorderStyle=None '*****************' End If Next cControl Am 03.03.2010 00:36, schrieb Ryan: > The line below marked with * is not valid in vb.net 2008; how do I set the > border dynamically? > > Dim cControl As Control > For Each cControl In Me.Controls > If (TypeOf cControl Is TextBox) Then > ...

textbox
Hello I have 3 textbox and i would like to calculate the value of the textbox 1 + textbox 2 into the text box 3 and it should update as soon w new value is set in one of the two textbox 1 or 2. thanks a lot for your help What sort of text box in which Word version? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> ...

Defragment drive containing information store
Is it okay to defragment the drive containing the Exchange information stores? On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:17:00 -0800, QMMAdmin <QMMAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it okay to defragment the drive containing the Exchange information stores? Its ok with the Exch Services stopped, but probably not necessary. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/10/25/247342.aspx "Do we need to file-level defragment Exchange database drives? " ...

Moving information from one spreadsheet to another
I was having problems finding my information in excel but I finally reformatted my spreadsheet and was able to find what i was looking for. However I need to move the information I found either to another spreadsheet or even copy it to word but it won't let me do anything with it. It's basically just found with no purpose of action beyond just seeing it. Any suggestions anyone. Sharing, What have you tried so far? Highlighting, Copy, then past to another worksheet? Are you moving all or just part of it. Have you checked protection on either or both sheets? ...

Assigning cell contents to a textbox in a User Form
Under Excel 2003 and with the help of many here in this NG, I have designed a User Form to display the contents of some of the cells in a workbook. The way I did it was, in general, like this: txtTextBoxName.Text = Sheets("SheetName").Cells(6, 2).Text and so forth for each textbox and cell. It works fine until I insert a column or row in the sheet and the info I want in the TextBoxName is no longer in 6,2. Is there anyway I can use relative addressing or something like it to avoid this problem? I have tried assigning a name to each cell I want to show in the form but can...

Issue Refreshing/Requery Subform/combo box
Hi: I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case) does not get updated. Forms![MainForm]![sfrm_ResourceAllocation].Form![EmployeeID].Requery Thanks, Manuel Manuel wrote: >I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is >appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a >command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case)...

User is part of Account Operators, yet can't edit information in GAL?
Hello, At a small client of ours, we have received a request that the administrative assistant have read/write access to the GAL. I have added her to the account operators group (something agreed upon by all of us), and she can not edit the Global Address List. I then created a security group, and gave it security permissions on a parent OU to the OU that contains the User objects in AD, as follows: Read adminDescription Write adminDescription Read adminDisplayName Write adminDisplayName Read cn Write cn Read countryCode Write countryCode Read Managed By Write Managed By Read name Write na...

Which textbox am I in?
I have a single worksheet workbook with several individual textboxes (not part of a form). Upon deactivation of the workbook (i.e. switching to another woorkbook) I want the workbook deactivate procedure to loop through all of the textboxes and determine if the user is "in" one of them. If the user is in a textbox, I want the deactivate workbook procedure to call the Lost Focus routine for the particlar textbox before proceding to the new workbook that was selected. When looping through the textboxes, how do I construct an "if" statement in VBA that asks ...

save textbox value
Hi All, I have a userform with two textbox,I want autosave the value entered in texboxes and after close and reopen the userform, They show the latest values.(even close the workbook) Thanks in advance Bijan Hi Bijan ValueS ? How would a textbox display these ? You could save in a worksheet cell (if the file is to be saved), in a database (if available), in the registry (shows your own entry only) or in a textfile / ini-file / xml file (for multiuser environments). HTH. Best wishes Harald "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6428CBB-6EB7-44...

Subform with RecordSource and Textboxes
Hallo, I have got a subform with some textboxes which are fields of the recordsource. This works fine but I cannot edit any fields through these textboxes. I checked these properties: Enabled = True Locked = False but it is still not working. Can somebody please help me? Thank you juvi "juvi" <juvi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B807F29-06BB-43B9-B072-870400F11A6B@microsoft.com... > Hallo, > > I have got a subform with some textboxes which are fields of the > recordsource. > This works fine but I cannot edit any fields through these textb...

windows and the concept of information
Prior to the debate about windows or information sustainability, a new approach is necessary to talk about software sustainability using up-to-date technologies and the particular case of vista rapidly. _____________ ESECO SYSTEMS Web3.0 and Web4.0 appliances for security and risk protection http://www.eseco.fr ...

Hiding borders of a subform
Have created a subform with a combo box on a form. I would like to hide the gray borders to the top and left of the subform(sorry I don't know what they are called, if I did perhaps I could find how to hide them). Check out the image here http://www.hvle.org/suffix.gif. The left is what I have and the right is what I need. All assistance greatfully appreciated! Sue It would appear that your subform is a datasheet. Try making a Continuous Form instead, and set its RecordSelector property to False. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!)...