Text box with help instruction

Access 2003.
Hello Forum
I have a contnuos Form with two textboxes (txtbox1, txtbox2). When I click
txtbox1 I would like it to display an instruction next to the txtbox telling
for example: "Enter or write the City Name". If possible not a MsgBox.

How could I get that? Or can anyone point me in the direction of some
documentation that might help me.

Many thanks

Am 07.06.2010 01:49, schrieb sebastico:
> Access 2003.
> Hello Forum
> I have a contnuos Form with two textboxes (txtbox1, txtbox2). When I click
> txtbox1 I would like it to display an instruction next to the txtbox telling
> for example: "Enter or write the City Name". If possible not a MsgBox.
>
> How could I get that? Or can anyone point me in the direction of some
> documentation that might help me.
>
> Many thanks

Hey,

you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.

Regards
Jörn Bosse
0
UTF
6/7/2010 12:02:55 AM
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, J�rn Bosse <joernbosse@gmx.de> wrote:

>you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.

.... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Am 07.06.2010 02:14, schrieb John W. Vinson:
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, J�rn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
>
>> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>
> ... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
Well an other opportunity could be the ToolTip class by Stephen Lebans:

http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm
0
ISO
6/7/2010 12:58:56 AM
John

Excellent. Now my form provides an easy way to use.
Is there a way to increase the font size of the controltiptext?
"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse <joernbosse@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
> >If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>
> .... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Hi,

actually it was my answer :D but who cares. It´s just important that you
got your answer ;)
But there is no way to increase the font of the controltiptext. Sorry

Regards
Jörn

Am 07.06.2010 03:30, schrieb sebastico:

> John
>
> Excellent. Now my form provides an easy way to use.
> Is there a way to increase the font size of the controltiptext?
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
>>
>>> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>>> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>>
>> .... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
>> --
>>
>>               John W. Vinson [MVP]
>> .

0
UTF
6/7/2010 1:38:20 AM
Jörn
Very interesting and useful

Thank you very much indeed.

"Jörn Bosse" wrote:

> Am 07.06.2010 02:14, schrieb John W. Vinson:
> > On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
> >
> >> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
> >> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
> >
> > ... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
> Well an other opportunity could be the ToolTip class by Stephen Lebans:
>
> http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm
> .

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

Crm field help
Hi there, is there any easy way to introduce help info when passing with the mouse pointer above a field? Thanks in advance! ...

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Instructions from help, do not exist in Money 2004
What is an invoice template? An invoice template is a special file you create in the Invoice Designer. Whenever you want to create an invoice, you can open the template file that you created in the Invoice Designer, enter the appropriate information and save the invoice under an appropriate name. The template is always saved as a blank form that you can use over and over. Money's Invoice Designer allows you to design custom invoice templates. You can design one template to use for all your invoices or different templates for different purposes. 1 At the top of the screen, cli...

Infopath vbscript help!!
Please help! I have a couple of scripts that I'm trying to get to work with each other and I'm not having much success.... I have a form that I have a submit button that I would like the form to do a "Save As" then send via Lotus Notes. I have the Lotus Notes script and the Save As script, but not a clue as to how to get them to work with one another.... I've commented out some things in a trial and error method... YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED!!! Sub CTRL163_5_OnClick(eventObj) 'Save as dialog Set obDialog = CreateObject("SAFRCFileDlg.FileSave") ob...

Null in text box

Please help re boot system!
Hello, I have recently installed AVG and a Bamboo Pen Tablet ( Wacom).Since yesterday I can't re boot my computer I have tried with all the offered options that appear with F8, F10 and F9 and nothing. I have done as advised a hard reset... I am desperate and I am afraid to lose my files ( yeah I know should have saved them on an external drive) Errors are 0X00000050,0X8900000,0X00000000,0X81083843,0X00000000 Can anyone help me ? So many thanks -- romanare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ romanare's Profile: http://forums....

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Combo Box Prolem
Hi All, I have a combo box that will not let me select the items using my mouse. I can use the Arrow Down Key and then hit TAB to select the item. The only thing that I think may be causing this is the ROW source. I have this change depending on the company location. See Code that fires when the user select the Customer ID. The 3rd line from the bottom sets the ROW source for the item. The combo box is bound to a feild called ITEM. Maybe this should be unbound. Can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim stFilter As String Dim stEmp As String Dim stCoNum A...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...