Test number of decimal places in Currency format

How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many
decimal places are specified in its Currency format?

Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that
the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency format
permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject what's been
entered if it's not according to the Regional settings).

Bob

0
Bob

Randy Birch has code to give you details about the defined Locale Currency
information at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/localecurrency.htm

Note, though, that Randy's site is aimed at VB programmers. There are
significant differences between the controls available for forms in VB and
in Access, so that Randy's examples ofter can't be ported directly to
Access. Unfortunately, this is one such example: he's using a control array
to create the text boxes on the form, which changes how you refer to them.

Hopefully, though, it'll be obvious what you need to change to get it to
work in Access.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Bob Howard" <info@churchtrax.com> wrote in message
> How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many
> decimal places are specified in its Currency format?
>
> Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that
> the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency
> format permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject
> what's been entered if it's not according to the Regional settings).
>
> Bob

0
Douglas

data label format
I have data labels linked to an excel cell range that has info I want displayed as the data label for my data points. In the excel cell there's 4 different information that I want formated in this way on the data label. 1. some information 2. another piece of info 3. yet another info 4. and yet again. is there a way I can display multiple lines on the data label in this format? Thanks, ...

display a number that is decimal degrees in Deg:min:sec format
How can I create a format to display a number that is in decimal degrees, in Degree:minute:second? See http://cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm In article <DD958DEA-4DE1-4C80-80D5-D959F720E452@microsoft.com>, "Sterling" <Sterling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I create a format to display a number that is in decimal degrees, in > Degree:minute:second? ...

ANOVA procedures and t-test equal variance
In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal variances. One of the assumptions that is made in both the "standard t test" and ANOVA is that the variances are equal. Yet, Excel seems to have no test for homoscedasicity (oh what a cool word). How do you know these procedures are ok to use if you have not checked the assumption of equal variances? Noosa - > In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a > t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal vari...

two columns range of numbers need to list all numbers in the range
have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range start end 5 9 15 19 20 29 i need for each row to show the numbers in the range 5 6 7 8 9 15 16 .. .. pls help Was this post helpful to you? Check your other post. arsovat wrote: > > have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range > start end > 5 9 > 15 19 > 20 29 > i need for each row to show the numbers in the range > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 15 > 16 > . > . > pls help > > Was this post he...

convert formulas to values in place
I know how to convert formulas to values by copying to another sheet with Paste Special. Is there a way to change the formulas to values in place, without having to copy the data to another sheet? I have a data table created by pointing to cells in different parts of the workbook. I am trying to create a "static" table that does not get updated with changes in the source data (why? you may ask, but that is a long story) Hi! Yes. Copy the data. Keep the same selected cells (i.e. don't click any other cell). Choose Paste Special: select Values: OK. Obviously, the formul...

Exchange 2000 media part numbers
Please help! we have a open license for Exchange 2000 Standard Edition. Until now we only had 5.5 installed but we want to bring the server up to 2000. I need to order the media but I can't seem to find which of the following Microsoft media part numbers I need to order: 312-01977, 312-02469, 312-01320. I tried searching these part numbers on the Microsoft website with no results and the Exchange server web pages don't seem to have part numbers shown. Thanks for your help, Mike Lawson Call a local VAR. You dont want 2000 anyway. 2003 is the ticket! On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:53:49 G...

test of wizard
-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f61980a5-9a9d-4399-8044-95f7dc1810...

Format number
I'm always struggling with formatting numbers, despite all the online examples. I need to format 12470 to 124.70. Thanks in advance, Anna Anna wrote: > I'm always struggling with formatting numbers, despite all the online > examples. > I need to format 12470 to 124.70. You can't, they are different numbers. What you can do, e.g., is convert an integer 12470 to a floating-point 12470.0, then divide it by 100.0, and display it as foo.ToString("#.00"). HTH, -rick- > You can't, they are different numbers. What you can do, e....

CSV Number Format problem
have some confusion with number formats in CSV files. Using a custom number format 00000 I get numbers such as 00392 to display OK when on the screen when viewed in Excel but appears as 392 when the file is repopened after saving. The formats do appear OK in the saved file when opened with notepad. However when the CSV file is reopened in excel the number format is lost and appears as 392 rather than 00392. This also happens when the number is input as '00392 rather than just using the custom format.. Can you explain what is happening here and what do you think external systems will d...

Numbers in Excel columns?
Every excel file I open shows numbered columns instead of the normal letter columns? Also there is only 256 columns in every excel sheet, 65537 rows. Tools > Options > General tab, uncheck "R1C1 Reference style". HTH George Gee "Juan" <Juan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:836FB8F3-EFAE-4300-BFD8-38D6F487AFB1@microsoft.com... > Every excel file I open shows numbered columns instead of the normal > letter > columns? > > Also there is only 256 columns in every excel sheet, 65537 rows. And 256 columns is the correct num...

Primary Axis(X) Formating Issue
I'm using a custom type chart (Lines on 2 Axes) and I'm using two different ranges for the Category (X) axis labels and the Second category (X) axis labels in order to display some additional information on the chart. When I say two different ranges I mean the rows are the same, but the columns are different. The problem I'm having is I want to use a custom format (dd-MMM-yy) to display the dates, but when I do so the dates have format MMM-yy-dd. The only way I can get the dates to display accurately is to use the Date format with the * (either *03/14/01 or *March 14, 20...

Formatting Pictures Button Gone!
On the Format tab when you incert a picture, I use to be able to change she shape, add a border, or some other effect, shading, fadeing... I ud=sed it all the time and now it's just GONE! How do I get it back.. Where did it go? You do not say what version of Word you are using, but in 2007 and later, some of the ribbon tabs are context sensitive (they only appear when the selection is in, or contains an object to which they are relevant). The Format (picture) tab is one of those and it will only appear when an object to which it is relevant (a picture) is selected. -- H...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

conditional formating affecting fill color
how can i use conditional formatting to affect the fill color in another cell? When creating the condition select the "Formula" option, not "Cell Value". Then you can put in any formula you like in the text box. I use R1C1 mode so I would have something like: "=RC6>7". Then regardless of the cell that I'm on it will look at column 6 of the row I'm on to see if it is greater than 7. Easy. James R-S. "Ahmad Hakim" wrote: > how can i use conditional formatting to affect the fill color in another cell? More detail please. The CF must...

Hit testing
I'm trying to implement client area hit testing in a MDI application. In my document, I have a list of graphic objects (e.g. polygons) that are displayed in the view. The list can get pretty long, so the hit test algorithm needs to be fairly efficient. My first attempt at this was to add HitTest(CPoint) function to the graphic object class. In this function I created a Region and then tested it. Something like... int CPolygon::HitTest(CPoint Point) { CRgn Rgn; Rgn.CreatePolygonRgn(PointList.GetData(), PointList.GetSize(), WINDING); if (Rgn.PtInRegion(Point)) ...

Different decimal places in a Row
We would like to setup a calculation row in FRx where some columns show one decimal place while the other does not show any decimal place. This is to display a particular cell with different decimal places. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...

Limiting number of columns/rows on a sheet
Hi How to limit the number of columns on a sheet? I'd like to have a columns on a sheet and afterwards coming the "gray area" (Like it i coming after 256 columns or 65536 rows) Thanks in advance Tarv -- tarv ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tarvi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55883 hide unwanted rows and columns "tarvi" <tarvi.2aiukb_1152185701.4965@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:tarvi...

Unique Tracking Number with Subject Line of Microsoft CRM E-Mail
The CRM E-mail router provides an interface between MSCRM & Exchange. The router takes a copy of the message and determines whether the message is relevant to CRM. If so, the message is delivered to MSCRM server, and an e-mail activity record is created. I have noticed that this is done using an unique identifier Number mentioned in the subject line when a mail is sent. I want to know whether one can forward all the mail's of a Exchange user to a CRM user account.And does one need to mention the Unique Identifier in his mail to be routed to CRM. Please Help! A user can set their...

How do i change the Purcase Order number sequence?
My manually generated Purchase Orders run in sequence commencing with 100----. For example1007701, 1007702 etc. but my Auto Purchase orders generated from restocking information run in sequence starting with 000---- For example 0008321, 0008322 etc. Ant idea how to get them both back to commence with 000 -- dave hi dave, when you do manually it not run the code inside the bussiness logic however when there is no no specify the following code is generated: SELECT ISNULL(MAX(CAST(RIGHT(PONumber, 7) AS INT)), 0) + 1 AS NextPONumber FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE ISNUMERIC(PONumber) <> 0 ...

ignore -- testing
Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". just testing "joeu2004" <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:812e733c-2d95-4174-8a3d-d08ecc672145@e17g2000prj.googlegroups.com... Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". testing a...

Moving Gmail Acct to Outlook? Passes Test but won't work Why/Fix?
I have followed the directions on the gmail page on moving my acct to outlook. It passes the test and yet does not work. What gives? How do I fix? Is this some weirdness between google and microsoft. Any suggestions? Help! Could you be a little more specific? What doesn't work? Does it send? Doesn't receive? Do you get any error messages? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct r...

Testing an Exchange backup
Hello everyone I have been backing up my Exchange database (SBS 2003) using an online backup with the NTBackup utility, and everything appears to be working fine: backup files created in the right place at the right time, and a log file saying that the backup was successful. However, I would like to make sure that the backup has worked by using it to restore data. My problem is I want to be absolutely sure that if everything goes wrong and I can't restore, that I won't lose any data. I wonder whether the following plan would work? 1. Dismount my databases. 2. Rename my priv1.e...

Item with a negative serial number count
We just did a stock count in Geat Plains. We had a problem with one of our items. The item had a negative serial number count of two. I ended up deleting the item off of the count so I could process the stock count. How can I fix this item's serial number count to zero so it won't cause a problem next time we do a stock count? Jocelyn: You need to analyze the transactions on that item to determine why it's showing negative. Theoretically, that shouldn't happen because you shouldn't be able to consume the same serial number more than once. The analysis may help...

Tests?
Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test? A higher percentage than Ivory soap put a clear indicator in the Subject line it's a test message. Seems the least educated of us all could identify this to make the decision to go right on by, it's a test. But what happens is a deluge of messages are sent to criticize the individual who is trying to solve a problem. And many of the criticisms are "not on topic" (like the ng they're in has "and criticism" as part of the ng title. But what is allowed is the use of vomit vocabulary! Certainly...

Mismatched Footnote Numbering
I am using Word 2007 and having difficulties with a document I'm editing for someone with over 300 footnotes. I am not tracking changes and am working with the document in the Final View. My problem is: as I'm moving working the document, the superscripts marking a footnote are not matching the numbering of the footnotes displayed at the end of the page. For instance, a sentence will read: blah blah blah.32 But, the footnote will read: ______________________________ 34. blah blah blah footnote The numbering at the bottom of the page is correct as I add and del...